Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns (1830 Views)

Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians / What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani - Ben Bruce / Tinubu Trying To Sell Rejected Apc To Oyo People – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Sanchez01: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Anambra election: Stop using Ojukwu’s name to deceive our people – PDP warns Governor Obiano

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Anambra State, has warned the state Governor, Willie Obaino, to desist from using the name of late Igbo warlord, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, to deceive people of the state into voting for him during the November 18, 2017 governorship election in the state.

Chairman of the state Chapter of the party, Kenneth Emeakayi, in a statement in Awka, described Obaino’s action as deceitful and nauseating.

Emeakayi claimed that by frequently dropping the name of Ojukwu, he was inadvertently acknowledging that he had not recorded any achievement in the past three years to earn him another electoral victory.

In a statement he personally signed, Emeakayi said, “During the campaigns for the 2010 gubernatorial election, the major streets of Anambra State were flooded with a particular billboard bearing the photograph of our great leader, Ojukwu raising the hand of former governor Peter Obi, with an inscription: ‘This is my last wish.’

“Having won the 2010 gubernatorial election, the APGA government of Anambra State under former Governor Peter Obi erected and hoisted new billboards in all major streets of Anambra State, in honour and to immortalize the pride and symbol of the Igbo nation, Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.

“Similarly, every single billboard and APGA campaign material for the 2013 governorship election in Anambra State had the photograph of Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, and APGA leveraged heavily on Ojukwu’s name to win the said election.

“Disappointingly, no sooner did Chief Willie Obiano become the governor of Anambra State on March 17, 2014, than all the billboards bearing the photograph of Ojukwu, disappeared from the streets of Anambra State.

“But just about six months to another gubernatorial election in Anambra State, the Chief Willie Obiano-led APGA government has suddenly again remembered the name of Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu. Billboards are now being hoisted, while government-owned vehicles are branded with Ojukwu’s photograph.

“Amazingly, Governor Willie Obiano, in three years did not complete any single project in Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu’s home town of Nnewi.”
http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/20/anambra-election-stop-using-ojukwus-name-deceive-people-pdp-warns-governor-obiano/
http://www.concisenews.global/news/stop-using-ojukwus-name-political-gain-pdp-tells-gov-obiano/
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by HungerBAD: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
Lol.

This PDP guy is funny. Did he actually go on record to say this?lol.

So this is how he wants to play opposition?by warning another Igbo man,not to invoke the name of another Igbo man who was considered a father to all Igbo's?

It is like the first child,telling his younger ones to never call their dad,father again.

The PDP is a directionless joke anyway,looking for any kind of attention.

The Governor should ignore them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Sanchez01: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol
How did you beat me to this

I could remember mentioning this on a particular thread. It is funny though. Obiano is a politician and would exploit every available means to win. If the PDP claims that Obiano neglected Nnewi, Ojukwu's hometown, I believe it is only natural that the people vote him or against him.

Some politicians went as far as using a dove, assumed to be the Holy Spirit in their poster. The one below is an example:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1837342_adedayo_____dddo511781edit_jpeg_jpeg6f2cba83411de3282fd5838d27c8a272

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by lytech1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Let the work of thy hand speak for thee.

Ojukwu or no ojukwu,PDP will loss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by HungerBAD: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

How did you beat me to this

Was observing lol.

You know?like sneaking in like a thief in the night.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Chuksonyeike: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ojukwu or no Ojukwu Obiano will be re-elected.Though I detested his cowardly reaction to the may 30 massacre last year in Onitsha,i will still give him pass mark for his economic and infrastructural transformation of the state.PDP will be runner up in the election.I don't even see the APC making it to 4th runner up in that election.I will be surprised if their aprty wins a single polling booth during the election

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by helinues: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Which of the PDP faction? Sheriff or Markafi
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Sanchez01: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
HungerBAD:

Was observing lol.

You know?like sneaking in like a thief in the night.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I shock, I no go lie grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
Ojukwu or no Ojukwu Obiano will be re-elected.Though I detested his cowardly reaction to the may 30 massacre last year in Onitsha,i will still give him pass mark for his economic and infrastructural transformation of the state.PDP will be runner up in the election.I don't even see the APC making it to 4th runner up in that election.I will be surprised if their aprty wins a single polling booth during the election

The truth is but for the bragging right of having more states under it control, APC have no need of Anambra. If you can control Lagos, Kano FCT, Delta and Rivers state that are basically the most strategic states in Nigeria, then you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Chuksonyeike: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

The truth is but for the bragging right of having more states under it control, APC have no need of Anambra. If you can control Lagos, Kano FCT, [b]Delta and Rivers state [/b]that are basically the most strategic states in Nigeria, then you are good to go.

And you think the APC can win Rivers and Delta state? what brand of weed have you been smoking?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

And you think the APC can win Rivers and Delta state? what brand of weed have you been smoking?

Are your blind or you simply lack comprehension? Did I say they would win or the states that hold strategic importance?
Go and clean your eyes with strong hypo grin
The simple truth is that thee 5 Eastern states hold no STRATEGIC ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE TO NIGERIA - but needed for adding to the electoral votes and bragging.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Kingsley10000: 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
peter obi hates obiano passionately
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Chuksonyeike: 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

Are your blind or you simply lack comprehension? Did I say they would win or the states that hold strategic importance?
The simple truth is that thee 5 Eastern states hold no STRATEGIC ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE TO NIGERIA - but needed for adding to the electoral votes and bragging.
Oh I forgot its states like Osun that holds stratetegic economic importance.Hence they were virtually starving and people were donating to their impoverished citizens !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by omenkaLives(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
“Having won the 2010 gubernatorial election, the APGA government of Anambra State under former Governor Peter Obi erected and hoisted new billboards in all major streets of Anambra State, in honour and to immortalize the pride and symbol of the Igbo nation, Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.

“Similarly, every single billboard and APGA campaign material for the 2013 governorship election in Anambra State had the photograph of Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, and APGA leveraged heavily on Ojukwu’s name to win the said election.

“Disappointingly, no sooner did Chief Willie Obiano become the governor of Anambra State on March 17, 2014, than all the billboards bearing the photograph of Ojukwu, disappeared from the streets of Anambra State
Obingo is a confirmed fraudulent cow. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by omenkaLives(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

Theyd soon hold a revival inside your mentions. cheesy
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

Oh I forgot its states like Osun that holds stratetegic economic importance.Hence they were virtually starving and people were donating to their impoverished citizens !!!

You are a typical ipob special center candidate,you need further tutoring in English comprehension

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
Theyd soon hold a revival inside your mentions. cheesy

Lmao! Outside shouting afonja and Muslim, most of them are very shallow and pretty unintelligent grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by kingzizzy: 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
Kingsley10000:
peter obi hates obiano passionately

Not surprising, that how all political God fathers end up feeling about their political son's
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

Lmao! Outside shouting afonja and Muslim, most of them are very shallow and pretty unintelligent grin
Says the gullible, zombie follower.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

Says the gullible, zombie follower.

grin grin
Like I rightly said, none of you can hold an intelligent discussion on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ojukwu's name will not save Obiano this time around. Only his perfomance will deliver him.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

grin grin
Like I rightly said, none of you can hold an intelligent discussion on this forum.
Your reverse bullshît won't work. Try that on someone else.
I've seen your posts, and if that's what you call intelligence, then I'd rather wallow in stupidity than that.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

Your reverse bullshît won't work. Try that on someone else.
I've seen your posts, and if that's what you call intelligence, then I'd rather wallow in stupidity than that.

You are already wallowing in stupidity here already

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

You are already wallowing in stupidity here already
Same as you are. There's nothing intelligent about your posts.
Leave the bragging for people who are actually intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

Same as you are. There's nothing intelligent about your posts.
Leave the bragging for people who actually intelligent.

See what I'm taking about!! Once you are engaged, you will start manifesting that obvious shortcoming grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

See what I'm taking about!! Once you are engaged, you will start manifesting that obvious shortcoming grin
If you were as intelligent as you say you are, you would know that it's an omission.
But you aren't, so I understand.
The truth is, you have nothing to say but you're looking for a reason to run to the mods like your fellow zombie, omenkalives.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

If you were as intelligent as you say you are, you would know that it's an omission.
But you aren't, so I understand.
The truth is, you have nothing to say but you're looking for a reason to run to the mods like your fellow zombie, omenkalives.

Of course if you break any rule by way of insults that is the default mode of ipob miscreants, the mods will kick you out. You can only cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

Of course if you break any rule by way of insults that is the default mode of ipob miscreants, the mods will kick you out. You can only cry
I ain't giving you the satisfaction, since part of the default mode of a zombie, is running to the mods like a coward.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

I ain't giving you the satisfaction, since part of the default mode of a zombie, is running to the mods like a coward.

If you've not done anything wrong, you don't need to fear the mods, but knowing an ipob miscreant, it won't take you long before the switch snap in your head

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by steppin: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
gurnam:

If you've not done anything wrong, you don't need to fear the mods, but knowing an ipob miscreant, it won't take you long before the switch snap in your head
Blah blah blah! You're doing a poor job.
Try harder.
Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by gurnam: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:

Blah blah blah! You're doing a poor job.
Try harder.

Stop derailing the thread and carry your crying face comot here grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Stop Using Ojukwu’s Name To Deceive Our People – PDP Warns by Kingsley1000(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
most people praising obiano certainly don't reside in anambra apart from his online sycophants ....truth be told,obiano is a total failure,no single road he has constructed apart from the obstructions called flyovers in awka high way

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Channels TV Kaduna Governor Elrufai Called Sheikh Zakzaky "Animal" / Nnamdi Kanu DECLARES That Bayelsa Is Part Of Biafra / General Effiong Died A Biafran Rebel -ekefre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.