Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls (42538 Views)

Women World Cup: USA Team Welcomed Home By Thousands Of Fans In New York(Photos) / Taxi Ploughs Into World Cup Fans In Russia, Many Injured(Photos) / Pay Me As High As Messi Or I Leave, Ronaldo Tells Madrid’s Bosses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Erudite202: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Is this what they call DIEHARD FANS? R.I.P to d dead. What a tragedy

1 Like

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Aristo3146(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
Rip to the dead...the Mod that Banned me for three days...God is watching and on judgement day we will see who makes heaven between you and me...

1 Like

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by tyle(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
God please help us the living.
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by EmekaBlue(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
na waa o......this is crazy

1 Like

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by holluphemydavid(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
so pathentic
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by goingape1: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
joshkiddies:
Tragedy struck at a viewing center in Calabar, as it was gathered that almost 30 people are dead as a result of the high tension cable that fell on the viewing centre made cf zinc, during the UEFA Europa League quarter-final match between Manchester United and Anderlecht on satellite television.

The match however, ended in favour of Manchester United, who won the match on a 3-2 aggregate, with Marcus Rashford netting the winner in the 107th minute.

Channels Television correspondent in Calabar reported that the live electricity cable broke from its mooring and fell on the viewers.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/stephanie-otobo-drags-apostle-suleiman_21.html

Lalasticlala
100 ways to die!
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Such a tragedy!!!!
Rip dudes
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by millhouse: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Manu Na real "RED DEVILS" so sad
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Giddiebabalaw(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
OMG!!
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by MemphisDepay(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Jesus Christ of Nazareth!
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by chubbygal(f): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Death toll 44 now
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Ijaya123: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Why go build under high tension wires? RIP.
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Nukilia: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2017
The government warned the people not to build under high tension cables, but my people will not listen. I pray the government will send out a task force to demolish every building positioned under high tension cables so that we won't loose more lives in the future.
RIP to the departed souls
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by AbiolaFawole(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2017
RIP my fellow man united supporters
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Acidosis(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
wintersnow:
If you don't watch football now...they'll say you're gay...
Rip

Opinions of the public are not meant to be digested and practiced hook, line and sinker. I don't watch football to compete argue or discuss it, I only do for leisure same way I watch every other interesting sports, and location must be in my home (not a viewing centre).

RIP to these chaps (although I doubt this news).. Meanwhile, people should stop erecting buildings under high tension cables, it is too dangerous!

1 Like

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Tiredoffakeshit: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
God Bless the dead
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Realdeals(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
All structures under electrical cable should be demolished. Only that Nigerians will complain
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Endon(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Rip my guys with Red blood
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by uglodoh(f): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
RIP
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2017
If not for the continued power outage many will have watched from the comfort of their home,this is sadly a negative reward for passion, rip
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by masseratti: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2017
yourexcellency:
30 PEOPLE JUST LIKE THAT? This is enough to declare state of emergency in that state. You increased electricity tariff, yet darkness persists. We no vex but you still want kill us with high tension wires. These Gencos and Discos are mad
its the Discos,very mad.
Rip to the dead
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by uselessIDIOT(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2017
2shur:
Y cant low lives Buy gotv and r3main in they houses. Calculate amount these low lives spend on bars Shayo and what have u Its enuf to pay full dstv sub If they were in dey various houses Wur anyone have died. Dumb Fools

you are so dumb and foolish. go buy the goTV for them na

3 Likes

Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by three: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2017
We sometimes behave as if we are fatalistic and doomed to 'anyhow death'. (same way you have to beg some people to wear seat belts)

A lot of these electrical installations all over are compromised, people pass by everyday without calling attention to it.

Speaking generally and not on this event,

If the government/discos doesn't like your life should you respond in kind?
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by kaycyor: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2017
R.I.P to the dead and quick healing to the injured....please lets watch and pray.. nobody knows the appointed time!!!!
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by muhazeen(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2017
RIP
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by spencekat(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2017
Ijaya123:
Why go build under high tension wires? RIP.
That is the issue.Many houses are built under high tension wires.
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by lovethchioma(f): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2017
No one knows the day nor the hour when death shall come knocking. The question is will you be ready??
May the soul of the departed Rest In Peace.
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by jic4real: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2017
Benekruku:
A building under high tension!

Such incidents re unavoidable.....

More of it to happen if regulatory agency's still allow such.

Am still waiting for who will come blame the devil....
I work with an agency that advises individuals not to build under high tension lines because of its danger, but they won't agree . So sad. Rip to the dead
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by KAYD007(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2017
yourexcellency:
30 PEOPLE JUST LIKE THAT? This is enough to declare state of emergency in that state. You increased electricity tariff, yet darkness persists. We no vex but you still want kill us with high tension wires. These Gencos and Discos are mad

The viewing centre was built under a high tension cable wire which ought not have to been.

And it seems even the walls of the viewing centre from the pictures seems to be made of zinc instead of woods hence the fatalities.

in this case i wont blame NEPA..or the victims here...BUT the Owner of the viewing centre who because of 50 naira times may be some 50 people endangered the lives.

if the owner is alive...should be charge for the death of those people ASAP.

May the soul of the dead rest in peace!
Re: 30 Manchester United Fans In Calabar Dead As High Tension Cable Falls by Benekruku(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2017
jic4real:

I work with an agency that advises individuals not to build under high tension lines because of its danger, but they won't agree . So sad. Rip to the dead

Do you guys also enforce? Cos I know that they still do in some areas. You suddenly just see them deploy caterpillars to such areas and start demolishing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / World Cup: The Moment Argentina Goalkeeper, Caballero Did A Karius / Kidnappers Of Beauty Ogere Siasia Release victim, hold ransom payer captive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.