Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President (13249 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Spend Tetfund Research Grants On Cars, Houses – Tetfund / 80% Of University Lecturers Are Quacks - Shehu Chindo Yamusa / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by serverconnect(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2017
My man Tochukwu(NACOSS president) you are 100% right. God bless you for this write up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by clems88(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2017
eph12:

No but if they teach students to be creative, innovative and proactive then we probably might see a better country.
all those aformentioned attributes can not be actualized if the fund is not available. And to think of it , the govt aren't ready to provide loan to bring that innovation to reality
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by dermmy(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2017
yourexcellency:
See who is talking

See who is posting comment grin
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Tell them ooo, my lectures back in school have handouts of 10years... All they do is change the file that covers it...
What I don't get is, how come you have been using the same handout for 10years and you still don't know every word offhand... Dullards.
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Never schooled there but from what I've heard the education system seems very outdated
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by abdulg: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
I think is not true to say lecturers uses outdated materials.
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by adeoba2008(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2017
If you are interested in I.T training at your own pace, check my signature.....
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by dermmy(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Donmichaelz:
I hate all lecturers,,,,I remember when I asked a lecturer question in English,in lautech, he used Yoruba to ask me what did I get in Waec(English) I said C he said oloriburuku,,,I has A in my time,,,,,

OMG... LMAO... Una no go kill person here o. grin
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by eph12(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2017
olapluto:

To reduce brain drain of our brightest brains, and reduce corruption in the profession. Thats the equivalent salary of most lecturers worldwide.
Have you checked other professions too? Are they earning equivalent to their peers worldwide?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by godswillzeky(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2017
thats True
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by whitebeard(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2017
is he just knowing

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by eph12(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2017
clems88:
all those aformentioned attributes can not be actualized if the fund is not available. And to think of it , the govt aren't ready to provide loan to bring that innovation to reality
You don't need money to be creative or proactive. Students are not taught to be creative but to be good at copy and paste. Acting like zombies. Lecturers will say just give me what I gave you
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by obizek(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2017
alignacademy:
OP has a point

However most of the issues raised are systemic.

Even if you bring a tech wiz with his bright ideas, he'll soon get trapped in the highly political drive for "promotion" that thrives in many of our public universities.

After marking time on the same grade for a few years, our poor revolutionary will realize that the game isn't really all about helping people learn, but about whose good books to be in, and which behinds to kiss...

So he falls in line.

And the story goes on. Sad.
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by IkpuMmadu: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2017
The interview was on point... he spoke more...i enjoyed the link

serverconnect:
My man Tochukwu(NACOSS president) you are 100% right. God bless you for this write up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Josiahdking: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2017

Dont laugh alone, share this with friends.
To see more, Follow officialmallama on:
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialmallama
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/officialmallama
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/officialmallama

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by IkpuMmadu: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2017
LoL

can you try commedy....is it LAUTECH that is stiff and have not been able to know how to sort themselves out..with Oyo and Osun fighting over it

Donmichaelz:
I hate all lecturers,,,,I remember when I asked a lecturer question in English,in lautech, he used Yoruba to ask me what did I get in Waec(English) I said C he said oloriburuku,,,I has A in my time,,,,,
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Tex42(m): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2017
Old method is an understatement...

One of ma geotech lecturer then lectures with the notes he used during his school days. A professor o!

This notebook is so old that the leaves were charring and falling apart, and what he does is, He laminates them leaf by leaf, and That's how he brings them to the lecture hall.
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by austine4real(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
This is true, especially those lecturers in our Universities in Igboland. All our lecturers and teachers in Igboland are terrible. Calling them half baked scholars is even a compliment.

I remember my encounter with a certain Professor Okoye in UNN. This man cannot construct a single sentence in English Language. Imagine a University Don saying ''told him that I have went''
eje Jesus

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by stealthtiger(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2017
SIRmanjar:
How our northern broders go catch up with mordern system when dem never understand old system finish?
Ah. Why this. why are you making a hasty generalization concerning their intellectual capabilities just because of the challenges they're facing.

I'm a southerner but I don't support what you've said. They've also produced great people who are recognized in their respective fields all over the world.

Please next time make your comments more enlightening instead of writing a thoughtless string of characters plagued with sarcastic, awful and derogatory remarks that spur hate and disrespect.

#RadicalRevolutionary
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Origin(f): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2017
This is a very painful topic for me so I have to rant.

The whole education system needs a overhaul. We that grew up with CTRL D without seeing a computer. But to see this still been done is unacceptable. Equipments and facilities not been used. Teachers and lecturers still write on boards when the real thing is nearby is ridiculous. Scientists that have never seen the real elements, never touch an electric microscope. Knowledge without its application is nothing.
I recently watched the movie " Hidden Figures". See the application of suitable knowledge.

I had a friend whose final year project was the synthesis of fat (I don't know what that means). His professor rejected it because there were no attached laboratory results. It required a note from the professor before the equipment could be released. They (all the science students in that school) had spent five years in the university without ever analyzing or using that equipment.

Hydrogen+ Oxygen = water. Dont just write it on the board, sir, show me how.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by alanka(f): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2017
This man is talking as if he does not know that at different times in Nigeria, Nigerians had made attempt to produce cars, they created factories/mills and secret agents from evil world came and destroyed the mills. Go back to history

I don't know that a country that can not create security by herself for herself and of herself will dream high, if she dreams high how we she get there without security by herself.

She is relying on secury devices created by those who do not want her to see light of the day yet she keeps dreaming.

Let me quickly remind him, who killed Muritala Muhammad and why was he killed.

Does he know the theory called absolute advantage in economics? He should go and learn more, died it know that that theory is only applied to African countries, The theory does not allow Nigeria to produce car but it allows that evil country to producer car and to produce the product on which Nigeria has absolute advantage.

If you know your enemy and you are eating his food, you will never be secured
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by monex(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2017
abdulg:
I think is not true to say lecturers uses outdated materials.
true. peeps need to understand that Computer Science is not IT.

Computer science is the study of theories underlying computations and the practical/engineering application of those theories.

so your structured programming, Object oriented programming, data structures, Graph theory, Numerical mathematics courses are very valid.

"Graphics" in the context of a computer science curriculum for instance, involves lots of Co-ordinate geometry, Linear Algebra etc.
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by clems88(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2017
Kelvin30286063:
Tell them ooo, my lectures back in school have handouts of 10years... All they do is change the file that covers it...
What I don't get is, how come you have been using the same handout for 10years and you still don't know every word offhand... Dullards.
and they expect students to know all offhand in 3 n half month
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by gUdbOiii(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2017
FOR BUSINESS OWNERS OR THOSE THAT WANT TO START UP THEIR OWN BUSINESS...

YOU WILL NEED THIS INFO - https://belovedkonsult.com/free-staff-survey-work-to-increase-your-staff-productivity-to-all-ceos/
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2017
Donmichaelz:

You say?

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by VanBommel(m): 11:03am On Apr 21, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
This is true, especially those lecturers in our Universities in Igboland. All our lecturers and teachers in Igboland are terrible. Calling them half baked scholars is even a compliment.

I remember my encounter with a certain Professor Okoye in UNN. This man cannot construct a single sentence in English Language. Imagine a University Don saying ''told him that I have went''
why are you so d*ft

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Eddie4all: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=izzou post=55770720][color=#550000][b]Sometimes, I wonder if attending the University was really worth it.

Graduates are littered everywhere with irrelevant knowledge.

This, my broda, is 1 of our biggest problem in education
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Fourwinds: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2017
na today....some of them are always interested in fucccking teen pussies... very useless set of people
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by harbyodhun(m): 11:10am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Fourwinds: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2017
1bkaye:
Never schooled there but from what I've heard the education system seems very outdated
dey are only interested in money and teen pussies
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by fufuNegusi(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2017
clems88:
Abeg who new method EPP undecided after all whether new or old , it doesn't guarantee one a good job in this country angry

A new method of practical education will give you an edge on how to create wealth, you will be imbibed with better practical visible skills and values that will build you up

Education isnt about job
Academics isnt about job
Its about a quest for new knowledge

Anyhow it is obtained make good use of it
Re: Nigerian Lecturers Are Still Using Old Methods To Teach - NACOSS President by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Fourwinds:
dey are only interested in money and teen pussies
Sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Effective/powerful Is The Jamb Admission Letter / Mapoly Cut Off Mark For 2015/16 Academic Session Still Remains 150! / Steve April: The Father Of April Fool.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.