Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,766 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? (5663 Views)

11 Reasons A Good Man Won’t Cheat On You / How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / How Do You Qualify A Girl That Tell You How Much You Will Give her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
michelin89:

Should we look for a man with ALL of these traits? Cuz this looks like a typical Prince Charming case. Besides Prince Charming needed a heir. How willing was the princess to open up to him? grin grin

my sister what is so HARD about these traits?
You dont want your main to be faithful to you?
You want your man selfish?
You dont want a man where his yes is yes and no is no?
You want a hot-headed man?
You want a pansy livered man?
You want a broke slob man?

Im really astounded, these qualitites do not make a perfect man- - - it makes a GOOD one?

Now which ones are hard to have?
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pweety4me:

Is that all? undecided dat stuff is simple ooo. . . tongue i think some of our guys have some of these qualities but just don't bring it out much or just don't know how 2 use it hm!i know some of our guys here will be saying or thinking all dis is 4 "Mugun" and all dat but it ain't as long as u don't make an a$$ out of urself and be you! it will work out.

na u sabi wink
well if they hide their qualities then the good girls will be therfore hidden wink
humblemate:

If the majority of men would meet 3/4 or rather all of these criteria, I bet U there would be no single lady who would say that she is still searching for the right guy~

u sabi as well o cheesy

delagasky:

First, i think u should leave God outta this (dont get me wrong, i am a xtian and i know where my God stands), so i have an issue with the obedient xter!!
U cannot define true happiness to just being faithful in your love life!! of cos there are other things tht contributes to someone being happy.
I really want to stick to the topic, but i still should point it out tht, the average guy posseses some or all of these qualities in varying degrees, but if in actual fact, every girl expects every guy to be like this, then there's somtin wrong somewhere.

Please see above, the points arent hard as all.

semid:

Work of copy & paste.
not really, its a summary of a sermon I heard yesterday cool

johnnygan:

@topic you got point.

thanks - do you fit all these? wink
Nautillus:

LONGTHING . . . . grin grin

which ones you have a problem with? Are u selfish? Have a problem being faithful?

Ujujoan:

I agree with all your points, especially with the last two!

That's my idea of a 'virtous man' . . . wonder if they still make tho[/b]se undecided

I know embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
spikedcylinder:

Lol. I see someone is living up to their bext romancer name. cheesy

na u sabi!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ujujoan:

[b]Those qualities she listed are not those of a rocket scientist. They are the basic attibutes of a decent man. Fine God side, but I'm assuming the laws of God can be used as baisc benchmarks for judging a good person.

If you are saying there's no decent man around anymore, then I just might agree with you!

u have said it all wink
waleski:

I av seen dos exact story lines in a book or smthing either way d poster shuld av listed the nine fruit of the holy spirit so dat we knw dat she is luking 4 d perfect man

its not perfect, its a GOOD man smiley

iice:

I'm all for Character, self-control and authority cheesy

u want your man selfish, or u do want him faithful?
Ebonyeyes:

I can say that all men have these characters but some choose to not show it because they want to appear hard/not a mumu/save face with their cronies in the beer joint etc.
then let them marry their cronies grin grin

justwise:

Obviously those qualities listed above are ok and many have them, . . the prob is though NOT every woman deserve a man with those qualities, some will not appreciate it, they will take advantage of a man with such qualities.

Its so fustrating to have those qualities only to end up with somebody who will mistake Authority/ Protector to contol freak, Obedient to Mumu, the list can go on.

Why would adjust yourself if someone "deserves it or not?" Be who you are. This is to be a Good Man, not a Good man if she deserves it. sad sad

@4llerbuntu- I like your reply. Faithfulness is both, first to your God and then to your family.
And as for the women, they are coming up!

madlady:

Woh, you really tried grin grin grin grin.

Yes na Im giving Nairalander Men New Years Resolutions smiley
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by iice(f): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

u want your man selfish, or u do want him faithful?

He's being faithful is a matter of character as well as self control. Likewise can it be a reflection of his selfishness.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
^^I agree cool
All these points merge within each other wink
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

my sister what is so HARD about these traits?
You dont want your main to be faithful to you?
You want your man selfish?
You dont want a man where his yes is yes and no is no?
You want a hot-headed man?
You want a pansy livered man?
You want a broke slob man?

Im really astounded, these qualitites do not make a perfect man- - -  it makes a GOOD one?

Now which ones are hard to have?

1. I am a faithful person, so I demand a faithful man.
2. I am selfish in life and selfless in love. A man like me would be perfect.
3. What? Is he a dictator?
4. I am a hot headed, so I am not the position to start judging people for being hot headed.
5. I speak my mind so I demand an out spoken man. Cowards are generally mumus.
6. Like say me I get money abi?  grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
Yipppeeee. I'm a good man. grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
michelin89:

1. I am a faithful person, so I demand a faithful man.
2. I am selfish in life and selfless in love. A man like me would be perfect.
3. What? Is he a dictator?
4. I am a hot headed, so I am not the position to start judging people for being hot headed.
5. I speak my mind so I demand an out spoken man. Cowards are generally mumus.
6. Like say me I get money abi?  grin grin

3) Its not dictatorship, when he says he is going to do something, you cant have him changing his mind and be indecisive. You are meeting for lunch and he calls and says he doesnt feel like it 15 mins after the arrival time.

4) Your hotheaded ness will be attacked next week, this isnt about judging others, but pull ourselves to a standard of a Good Man. Yo
6) Yes women these days make at least or more than men, but we should NEVER accept a man that does not to work or want to. Fini! angry

stillwater:

Wheres your contact details? grin cheesy (u no read small print again?)  grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
apparently no nl qualifies embarassed
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
A damn shame Plat, a damn shame.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Secretz(f): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2010
lol . . . a real damn shame. tongue
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Pharoh: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

We are all qualified since you ladies only want to hear lies.  grin

stillwater:

Cmon stop that  grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by olanajim(m): 1:23am On Jan 05, 2010
I think I met the criteria. Any man with a responsible background should have them.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2010
platinumnk:

Thats a Hasty generalisation that is totally wrong.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
chipmunkey:

Thats a Hasty generalisation that is totally wrong.

Expect that from some NL women.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Abio! Some are not even matured enough to be called a woman.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2010
chipmunkey:

Abio! Some are not even matures enough to be called a woman.

Hmmmm, i wouldn't say that with u. . b4 they come out of wood work now
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2010
Are you scared? grin Plat will definately fire back.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2010
chipmunkey:

If u survived her bashing, then there are too many of them here will not
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
Trust me, it's a piece of cake. Besides i'm too nice to be Bashed. The worst case scenario is for us to become friends.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by jazzman3(m): 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2010
na only one i no get there, but i try now!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by safeact(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
@pnk, ur qualities r ok bt i tell u, most of us possess all these and even more but d probs is on d part of u gals! If we try 2show them, they will always take us 4 a ride. U see slacking in their duties and in their part so we r left 2 no option than 2 dance 2d tune of music. Most gals act dis way except very few. Or r u different? I bet u if we stick 2geda and i show all those qualities, along d line, ur head will swell up and u will start messing up!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
well its really unfortunate that their has to be a search for all these attributes!! they are supposed to be ingrained in EVERYBODY male and female. its the extras that will now bring attraction.

its crazy sha,sort of like a scenario wherein u come looking for a black man in africa!!!! who come dey there?
its what it is these days!!

NB: most of the guys and gals on NL just say stuff to bring debate anyway, pple (men) are not THAT bad!!!

besides like i always tell folks, u get what u deserve!!! never mind what people tell as stories, u always get what you deserve. its a principle of life!!! if u think your so nice and good and all that and u have been getting wrong partners, u need to do a retreat and really reflect. believe me, God does not pick on you to have bad things.

besides, i dont think i ever met a woman who had not at a point in her life met a guy who absolutely was her mugun, nice and all that, but they always turn them down for the one reason or the other, he is too dry, not suave enuf, not rich enough bla bla, so why complain when u get what u get now?

for men, well suffices to say, shagging half of lagos WILL come back some time, count on it. its just what it is!!!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Pharoh: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2010
^^ God bless you the more.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2010
chipmunkey:

grin grin grin grin

justwise:

If u survived her bashing, then there are too many of them here will not

I no laugh again . . grin grin grin grin

Im nice angry

4llerbuntu:

well its really unfortunate that their has to be a search for all these attributes!! they are supposed to be ingrained in EVERYBODY male and female. its the extras that will now bring attraction.

its crazy sha,sort of like a scenario wherein u come looking for a black man in africa!!!! who come dey there?
its what it is these days!!

NB: most of the guys and gals on NL just say stuff to bring debate anyway, pple (men) are not THAT bad!!!

besides like i always tell folks, u get what u deserve!!! never mind what people tell as stories, u always get what you deserve. its a principle of life!!! if u think your so nice and good and all that and u have been getting wrong partners, u need to do a retreat and really reflect. believe me, God does not pick on you to have bad things.

besides, i dont think i ever met a woman who had not at a point in her life met a guy who absolutely was her mugun, nice and all that, but they always turn them down for the one reason or the other, he is too dry, not suave enuf, not rich enough bla bla, so why complain when u get what u get now?

for men, well suffices to say, sleeping-with half of lagos WILL come back some time, count on it. its just what it is!!!

u are really intelligent man, good posts brother kiss
chipmunkey:

Trust me, it's a piece of cake. Besides i'm too nice to be Bashed. The worst case scenario is for us to become friends.

Justwise . .are u scared of me grin grin grin grin u know i luff u right?

u too chip! grin grin

So men ready fo the the quality points of a woman? cool
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
Plat, are you sure you do love us? grin just kiddin.
Love you lots too, Plenty kisses and hugs this new year.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2010
chipmunkey:

Plat, are you sure you do love us? grin just kiddin.
Love you lots too, Plenty kisses and hugs this new year.

Nah! she was kidding, lets not get too excited grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by ravenzord(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hmm. . .I'm sure I have those traits and more in varying degrees. But then, I've always known I'm a good man.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2010
I know Plat play games a lot on here so i guess i'm not so excited.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Hotchyk(f): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
Are there any Nigerian men who have just three of these qualities? beleive me,they are the exact opposite,they SUCK!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hotchyk:

Are there any Nigerian men who have just three of these qualities? beleive me,they are the exact opposite,they SUCK!

U have just managed to insult ur dady and brothers here
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Hotchyk(f): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2010
No way,when I say Nigerian men,I mean the idiots and imbeciles who go around chasing girls and breaking their hearts,as a matter of fact,guys in my family are well-bred,am I am proud to be associated with them.
ciao!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hotchyk:

No way,when I say Nigerian men,I mean the idiots and imbeciles who go around chasing girls and breaking their hearts,as a matter of fact,guys in my family are well-bred,am I am proud to be associated with them.
ciao!

Maybe u look for the word: some next time u start your ranting, by the way, how many of my family members do u know? Have they chased u and broke your heart? Just in case they have then next time close your legs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wow! A Military Man Caught His Wife With Another Man On His Matrimonial Bed (pho / This Girl Want To Die Untop This Big Dick / They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.