Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Traffic Lights – What Does Amber Mean? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Lights – What Does Amber Mean? (1727 Views)

To Report Street Lights In Lagos State That Are not Working , Call These Numbers / Zenith Bank Christmas Lights Set To Switch On This Saturday / Chai! Nigerians, Before You Rush Abroad, Think! Like, I Mean Think..(PICS & VID) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Lights – What Does Amber Mean? by chrisxxx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
Many people are confused about what to do when the light turns yellow. In practice it seems many people view this as a “hurry up” light and race to get through the intersection before the light turns red. This is when collisions happen. Yellow means “start stopping”. The transition from yellow to red takes the indecision out of when to stop. How many times have you seen someone try to squeeze through on a stale yellow on an advance left turn, only to have their path blocked by pedestrians stepping off the curb when the light turns green and the walk sign come on? Then opposing traffic is blocked and you have grid-lock.
mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Traffic Lights – What Does Amber Mean? by salford: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
you are right

.. but i speed through yellow most times. i am guilty of that.lol. Reason being that...the traffic light system doesnt give the others green until the yellow turns red. The idea is to exit the intersection asap.

(1) (Reply)

Iceland Visa / Need A Good Japa Advice / Home Office ''discrection''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.