Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. (8359 Views)

Do We Really Have Free Education In Nigeria? / Do We Really Use Only 10 Percent Of Our Brain? / One Of The Facts We Shoukd Know About Lautech's Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lagusta:

That's what I'm telling my bro above that even African Kings had slaves before the Arabs came, but I'm sure mansa Musa still have the slaves some self esteem instead of chaining them and raping the women and whipping the men....

When I read stories of what those whites did to our forefathers, I was just in awe.....

Make I no talk much.....
have you read storries of what arabs are currently doing to our brothers and sisters?its even the whitemen that end slavery,the British empire,America went into civil war to end slavery,which one did arab fought for us?

4 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Lagusta(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
masseratti:
1st of all arabs dont grow coffee,africans dont drink coffee.calling North Africans,bedoiuns arabs is even wrong,egyptians are not even arabs,tunisian are more european than arab.
Egyptians took slaves since the time of moses,they raided blacks and their own kinds,my point is no one willingly surrendered him or her own self to be a slave,they were raided/traded by their own kind and other races,till today the arabs are still keeping slaves e.g ISIS

My dear brother......

You're right in some aspects.....

But I never equated north Africans as Arabs.....

Coffee is gotten from the Arab word (kohva) so please.....

ISIS is a different thing entirely, abeg.... Slavery is still practiced in Europe if you must know.... Go to Italy and Portugal and find out.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
masseratti:
you mean white men landed on the beach and they started raiding people up and down?Jezzzz.

Raid oooo trade ooo the arabs and the caucasiams did the same thing,the arabs were worst,till now they are still dealing in slave trade and raids,Isis should come to your mind,thats the same thing boko haram are doing to the chibok girls,where did you think they learnt that from?

Oh pls ISIS and co are doing what the Christians did back then or do you think they went to daddy Ngozi and said kindly revert to Christianity. And with raid I mean they captured people. It wasn't about Africans exchanging slaves and getting stuffs like coffee in return. They just took them, deceived them for YEARS. We still suffer from what they did! How can you even compare both
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lagusta:

My dear brother......

You're right in some aspects.....

But I never equated north Africans as Arabs.....

Coffee is gotten from the Arab word (kohva) so please.....

ISIS is a different thing entirely, abeg.... Slavery is still practiced in Europe if you must know.... Go to Italy and Portugal and find out.....
the name the europeans gave it,because the arabs introduced it to them,the arabs got it from africa,here it is;Coffee isa breweddrink preparedfrom roastedcoffee beans,whichare the seedsofberriesfromthe Coffea plant. The genusCoffea isnative totropical Africa,andMadagascar,the Comoros, MauritiusandRéunioninthe Indian Ocean. [2] The plantwasexportedfrom Africa tocountriesaroundthe worldand coffee plantsare now cultivatedinover 70 countries,primarily inthe equatorial regionsofthe Americas,SoutheastAsia, India,andAfrica.The twomost commonly grownare the highly regardedarabica,andthe less sophisticatedbutstrongerandmore hardy robusta.Once ripe,coffee berries are picked,processed,anddried.Dried coffee seeds(referredtoasbeans) are roastedtovaryingdegrees,depending onthe desiredflavor.Roastedbeansare groundandbrewedwithnearboiling watertoproduce coffee asa beverage.

2 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Still on interracial.. you know people are hating on serena? Nice hair btw

Awww thanks. Yes I know. The thing is so annoying! They all should work on their self esteem
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Giel: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Coman sitdown as we journey through history cool
It's Explorers the wicked thread producer grin

lol, na real wicked thread producer lol

1 Like

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oh pls ISIS and co are doing what the Christians did back then or do you think they went to daddy Ngozi and said kindly revert to Christianity. And with raid I mean they captured people. It wasn't about Africans exchanging slaves and getting stuffs like coffee in return. They just took them, deceived them for YEARS. We still suffer from what they did! How can you even compare both
Madame coffee is indigenous to africa,arabs didnt sell it to africans.
There is no where in history that said the white missionaries forced people to convert to any religion,point is both the arabs and europeans raided/captured/traded black africans,one was not better than the other,my point is arabs started slave raid/trade/capture ir whatever you want to call it way before the whites before christ was born a thousand and five hundred years before the white came and its even the white that stopped the practice,they went to war against themselves,the armanda,american civil war,a lot of white men died to stop the practice,arabs never fought any war like that infact they are still raiding,capturing and trading black slaves till today in Saudi Arabia#fact.

6 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
masseratti:
Madame coffee is indigenous to africa,arabs didnt sell it to africans.
There is no where in history that said the white missionaries forced people to convert to any religion,point is both the arabs and europeans raided/captured/traded black africans,one was not better than the other,my point is arabs started slave raid/trade/capture ir whatever you want to call it way before the whites before christ was born a thousand and five hundred years before the white came and its even the white that stopped the practice,they went to war against themselves,the armanda,american civil war,a lot of white men died to stop the practice,arabs never fought any war like that infact they are still raiding,capturing and trading black slaves till today in Saudi Arabia#fact.

Oh sry don't know why I wrote coffee. The got stuffs like textiles and manufactured goods in return. Besides do you think whites stopped slavery because they really wanted to. It was after blacks started rebelling and standing up for themselves. Even after slavery ended, there was still a lot of discrimination. Like they weren't even educated properly, had different schools EVEN different public toilets. Why do you think Martin Luther King called for a protest.

Besides do you THINK the white man went there in peace? Of course they were forced! Do you have a choice if you are a slave? Where do you think the term "Sunday school" came from. I don't know if there are still slaves today in Saudi Arabia but I don't think so, or else we would have heard of it
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Awww thanks. Yes I know. The thing is so annoying! They all should work on their self esteem
you hit the nail on the head. That term angry black woman is befitting based on certain comments I read. the black man is ALMOST naturally attracted to fairer ladies, be it Whites or someone of your shade. Like you said, some black people could be insecure. some even hate alicia keys because she's mixed. There is also the notion that mixed kids are cute..
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
you hit the nail on the head. That term angry black woman is befitting based on certain comments I read. the black man is ALMOST naturally attracted to fairer ladies, be it Whites or someone of your shade. Like you said, some black people could be insecure. some even hate alicia keys because she's mixed. There is also the notion that mixed kids are cute..

They first time someone told me he is going for white woman because blacks and whites make the cutest kids, I started laughing grin

I didn't know he was serious, I mean I couldn't believe that was even a reason. ALL kids are cute, like wth

1 Like

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oh sry don't know why I wrote coffee. The got stuffs like textiles and manufactured goods in return. Besides do you think whites stopped slavery because they really wanted to. It was after blacks started rebelling and standing up for themselves. Even after slavery ended, there was still a lot of discrimination. Like they weren't even educated properly, had different schools EVEN different public toilets. Why do you think Martin Luther King called for a protest.

Besides do you THINK the white man went there in peace? Of course they were forced! Do you have a choice if you are a slave? Where do you think the term "Sunday school" came from. I don't know if there are still slaves today in Saudi Arabia but I don't think so, or else we would have heard of it
google modern day slavery Saudi Arabia,this is part of over 1000 articles you will get;Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia has an oil-based economy with strong government controls over major economic activities.

About 40% of GDP comes from the private sector. Roughly 6.4 million foreign workers play an important role in the Saudi economy, particularly in the oil and service sectors.

The government is encouraging private sector growth - especially in power generation, telecommunications, natural gas exploration, and petrochemicals - to lessen the kingdom's dependence on oil exports and to increase employment opportunities for the swelling Saudi population, nearly 40% of which are youths under 15 years old. Unemployment is high, and the large youth population generally lacks the education and technical skills the private sector needs. Riyadh has substantially boosted spending on job training and education, infrastructure development, and government salaries. [The World Factbook, U.S.C.I.A. 2009]
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
masseratti:
google modern day slavery Saudi Arabia,this is part of over 1000 articles you will get;Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia has an oil-based economy with strong government controls over major economic activities.

About 40% of GDP comes from the private sector. Roughly 6.4 million foreign workers play an important role in the Saudi economy, particularly in the oil and service sectors.

The government is encouraging private sector growth - especially in power generation, telecommunications, natural gas exploration, and petrochemicals - to lessen the kingdom's dependence on oil exports and to increase employment opportunities for the swelling Saudi population, nearly 40% of which are youths under 15 years old. Unemployment is high, and the large youth population generally lacks the education and technical skills the private sector needs. Riyadh has substantially boosted spending on job training and education, infrastructure development, and government salaries. [The World Factbook, U.S.C.I.A. 2009]

Loool I was thinking the kind of slavery that existed back then. Modern slavery is not sth only Arabs do, also Europeans and Americans. The kids in Indian, China etc work daily for an abnormal amount of time providing clothes, phones etc for us to use and wear.

1 Like

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by napoleon77(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
Explorers:
Slavery began in the 14th century in rich nations of Spain and Portugal, who began to capture Africans for enslavement in Europe.

Really?

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Frolic: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Loool I was thinking the kind of slavery that existed back then. Modern slavery is not sth only Arabs do, also Europeans and Americans. The kids in Indian, China etc work daily for an abnormal amount of time providing clothes, phones etc for us to use and wear.
and that is slavery?
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Frolic:
and that is slavery?

It's modern slavery and forbidden in some countries because of how they are treated. They really have no choice because there's no way else to go

Forced labour too

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

They first time someone told me he is going for white woman because blacks and whites make the cutest kids, I started laughing grin

I didn't know he was serious, I mean I couldn't believe that was even a reason. ALL kids are cute, like wth
lol. of course all kids are..this has got to do with MENTALITY. you live in Deutschland, but down here some of us see whites as demi gods. Infact stepping foot in the white man's land is an achievement for majority of us..excuse my generalizations.

2 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Frolic: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

It's modern slavery and forbidden in some countries because of how they are treated. They really have no choice because there's no way else to go

Forced labour too
get your stats right before proclaiming whtats not about China and India tho... Those countries are densely populated and would have to adopt the Labour intensive method of operation to cater for employment issues. If more kids are now having more avenues to work instead of rotting away in penury or left exposed to much more severe exploitation like slaving for a master, being a intimacy gadget etc which is a very good friend to reality years back, then this "new" devt of employing these kids in productive enterprises is highly welcomed... it can only get better from here.

2 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. of course all kids are..this has got to do with MENTALITY. you live in Deutschland, but down here some of us see whites as demi gods. Infact stepping foot in the white man's land is an achievement for majority of us..excuse my generalizations.

Lol I noticed that when everybody was like "You are enjoying o"

I'm not even enjoying anything grin
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
Frolic:
get your stats right before proclaiming whats not about China and India tho... Those country are densely populated and would have to adopt the Labour intensive method of operation to cater for employment issues. If more kids are now having more avenues to work instead of rotting away in penury or left exposed to much more severe exploitation like slaving for a master, being a intimacy gadget etc which is a very good friend to reality years back, then this "new" devt of employing these kids in productive enterprises is highly welcomed... it can only get better from here.

Woah woah, is what I said seen as modern slavery--> Yes it is

The REASON behind it, is another story undecided
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol I noticed that when everybody was like "You are enjoying o"

I'm not even enjoying anything grin
haha! lemme join them and say you are enjoying o! kiss
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
haha! lemme join them and say you are enjoying o! kiss

Looooool you too hehehe? Better don't cheesy
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Frolic: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Woah woah, is what I said seen as modern slavery--> Yes it is

The REASON behind it, is another story undecided
If you live in the US, it is. China or India? No, please. wink .. takia

1 Like

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Looooool you too hehehe? Better don't cheesy
yeah. you are sort of
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
yeah. you are sort of

I'm not living like Beyonce (unfortunately grin), just a boring normal life
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

I'm not living like Beyonce (unfortunately grin), just a boring normal life
lol. I never suggested that. it'll be delusional to think the west is paradise where people pick money. I just admire the civility and organization of European society. I'm very comfy here myself, but having light 247, good transport/rail system, security/healthcare always on ground, football stadiums.hmmmmm I could go on

2 Likes

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. I never suggested that. it'll be delusional to think the west is paradise where people pick money. I just admire the civility and organization of European society. I'm very comfy here myself, but having light 247, good transport/rail system, security/healthcare always on ground, football stadiums.hmmmmm I could go on

Lol that's true though. I guess sometimes I take it for granted. Football stadiums? uhn lol grin Everybody loves football while I just love the footballers grin
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lol that's true though. I guess sometimes I take it for granted. Football stadiums? uhn lol grin Everybody loves football while I just love the footballers grin
You're a girl. So I am not surprised... tongue Who's your fave footballer?
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
You're a girl. So I am not surprised... tongue Who's your fave footballer?

Neymar grin

Daaaaamn that guy grin

I swear he's my future husband, he just doesn't know yet grin

Soooooo if you see him, tell him his future wife is still waiting for him grin
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Neymar grin

Daaaaamn that guy grin

I swear he's my future husband, he just doesn't know yet grin

Soooooo if you see him, tell him his future wife is still waiting for him grin
Neymar would prefer those samba girls who can twist and turn to their salsa music. can you??

You're just 17, quite unbelievable
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Neymar would prefer those samba girls who can twist and turn to their salsa music. can you??

You're just 17, quite unbelievable

Nah turned 18 in March grin

I will learn it. It can't be that difficult grin
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Nah turned 18 in March grin

I will learn it. It can't be that difficult grin
lol. Then neymar is one lucky chap.
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by souloho19(m): 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
You can't talk about slavery and not mention this man. Frederick Douglass the greatest abolitionist to have ever lived, a former slave that escaped, came back to buy his freedom and fight for the freedom of his people.
Study up on him.
Marcus Garvey named his ship (in his back to Africa movement)the 'SS Douglass' after this great man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Students In Court For Stealing Recharge Cards From Cripple / Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited / Rsust 2015/2016 Post Utme Cut Off Mark And Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.