Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Power Of Choice - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Choice (6699 Views)

Mystical Power Of The Psalms / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(wed. 20/12/2017) A Matter Of Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power Of Choice by talk2dmc(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2017
God give me the grace to make a good choice out of my life . Glory glory amen
Re: The Power Of Choice by dilini(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2017
LordIsaac:

He was told "one of you would betray me today..." That, in itself, is sufficient to turn the heart of a would-be betrayer. It is written, but Judas made the choice. Think about it. Just as it is written today that some will go to hell, you have a choice to make that declaration pass you by.
However, I believe God knows how each of us would end up.

True talk... #ThinkingMode

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Choice by An2elect2(f): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2017
Lol big joke
Re: The Power Of Choice by Hardeysolution(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Read Deuteronomy chapter 30 19-20
Re: The Power Of Choice by Hardeysolution(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2017
patrickmuf:
I didn't even see this before responding to the topic, OP, let's see how you spin this one
Bible never mentioned Judas.. ..someone must betray him. ...judas made a choice
Re: The Power Of Choice by ObongawanAKS(f): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2017
jmoore:

Some of the so called 'men of God' that committed adultery, wasn't grace sufficient enough to help them?
God said in His word that His Spirit shall not fight with man forever, knowing that he is flesh. Man is a free moral agent; God will only warn u, He won't stop u, and if u ignore the warning signs and get snared, OYO is ur name. And remember, God is no respecter of persons. Grace, when abused, tend to shame and reproach. Nonetheless, if they should repent and forsake their unrighteous paths, just like the prodical son, He is ever ready to forgive and restore them back to glory. He is a just God, He wishes none to perish.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Hardeysolution(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2017
seggzz:

If your God gave you the ability to choose from the available choices He created, why would HE still punish you for your chosen choice?
you told your child to do whatever he likes with the money you gave him, why would you yell at him of he spent it anyhow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Choice by patrickmuf(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
Bible never mentioned Judas.. ..someone must betray him. ...judas made a choice
It was already predetermined.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Hardeysolution(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2017
patrickmuf:
It was already predetermined.
that someone will show him.. ....npt Judas will
Re: The Power Of Choice by ObongawanAKS(f): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
seggzz:

If your God gave you the ability to choose from the available choices He created, why would HE still punish you for your chosen choice?
''If ur God....; you sound pained. Akap ubiak! Hahahahaha
Re: The Power Of Choice by NotNairalandi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
nice
Re: The Power Of Choice by seggzz(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
you told your child to do whatever he likes with the money you gave him, why would you yell at him of he spent it anyhow
But your God you claimed to be omnipotent, omnipresent...all powerful doesn't know the choices he made available to mankind would harm them?
You don't equate man relationship with their children as that with your wicked god does to his presumed children....eg

Man can cannot allow his children to die in a burning just because of a lie. Whereas your god can throw his children to everlasting hell for just a day lie....

Your god created a terrorist (Christians called him Satan) to terrorise his creation. Can I put somebody as terror to my child?

I can list 100 why your examples up there does not hold water...
Re: The Power Of Choice by Hardeysolution(m): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
seggzz:

But your God you claimed to be omnipotent, omnipresent...all powerful doesn't know the choices he made available to mankind would harm them?
You don't equate man relationship with their children as that with your wicked god does to his presumed children....eg

Man can cannot allow his children to die in a burning just because of a lie. Whereas your god can throw his children to everlasting hell for just a day lie....

Your god created a terrorist (Christians called him Satan) to terrorise his creation. Can I put somebody as terror to my child?

I can list 100 why your examples up there does not hold water...
arguments will warrant to nothing. Your baseless reasons could not explain how you live and why you live. God isn't man yes, but he is not a god. He is God that created a god called man in his image.. He willingly gave us choice.. ...

End of arguments
Re: The Power Of Choice by seggzz(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hardeysolution:
arguments will warrant to nothing. Your baseless reasons could not explain how you live and why you live. God isn't man yes, but he is not a god. He is God that created a god called man in his image.. He willingly gave us choice.. ...

End of arguments
Your god is an imaginary god... You are only worshipping men that wrote the bible. Wake up from your slumber. The thing you worshipped is not different from man made god. Your god kills,lies covet and display other evil characters.... My god cannot be contradicting himself as done in the bible. If your god wrote the bible then your god is a confusion god.
Re: The Power Of Choice by seggzz(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
ObongawanAKS:

''If ur God....; you sound pained. Akap ubiak! Hahahahaha
Your bible god accept human sacrifice. How? click here https://www.nairaland.com/3345593/unbelievable-bible-god-accepts-human
Re: The Power Of Choice by rehobothekpo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
COdeGenesis:
Did JUdas IScariot have a choice? If he didnt sell JEsus would JEsus have died. I just believe there are somethings that are destined to happen. No matter what you do or the choices you decide to make, it must definitely happen.

https://www.nairaland.com/3757594/residents-summon-ekpo-masquerades-chase
It would have happened through another person close to Jesus cos the Bible did not mention Judas name before the betrayal but Satan had access into his life
Re: The Power Of Choice by omnikether: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Choice ke? We only have an illusion of choice. You can choose when ALL the options are available for you, not with some hidden. Your degree of choice is related to the amount of options you have. For example, if you are given options A to D and you friend is given options A to F, your friend can choose E or F, but you can't due to the fact that it was not part of your options in the first place.

So, choice is an illusion. This is made more evident when someone other than you is pulling the strings....
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Beautifully, beautifully written brother...
God has NEVER nor will EVER take away someone's choice/free-will.
What God would I be serving who would do that?
Re: The Power Of Choice by obinna58(m): 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
MZLady39:

Giving us freewill even when he already knows that we gonna use it for a wrong purposes.
Imagine a parent giving his/her child a sharp knife knowing fully well the kid z gonna injure his/herself badly, and then takes no responsibility for the outcome because the kid choosed it that way.

They are merciful to the kid ryt?
Re: The Power Of Choice by akintom(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
MZLady39:

Haba... You're serving that self conflicting Yahweh already.

*from this very thread, judas wasn't given power of choice by Yahweh. Yahweh predestined judas to betray Jesus under the very influence of Yahweh bewitchment (predestination).

*Yahweh took the power of choice from Pharaoh, by hardening his mind, against a choice of allowing the Israelites to exit Egypt.

* Esau was predestined to lose out, in the game that Yahweh itself designed.

Do you now see, how self conflicting this your God is?
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
akintom:

*from this very thread, judas wasn't given power of choice by Yahweh. Yahweh predestined judas to betray Jesus under the very influence of Yahweh bewitchment (predestination).

*Yahweh took the power of choice from Pharaoh, by hardening his mind, against a choice of allowing the Israelites to exit Egypt.

grin

Get behind me.satan
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

Hi my brother,
Will answer you a little later.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2017
obinna58:

Giving us freewill even when he already knows that we gonna use it for a wrong purposes.
Imagine a parent giving his/her child a sharp knife knowing fully well the kid z gonna injure his/herself badly, and then takes no responsibility for the outcome because the kid choosed it that way.

Hi my young brother,
Will answer you as well a little later.
Re: The Power Of Choice by obinna58(m): 1:18am On Apr 25, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi my young brother,
Will answer you as well a little later.
Alryt sis
Will be waiting wink
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 25, 2017
obinna58:

Yes....brother. Giving us "freewill" although He already knows the choices we will make.
God is not a tyrannical ruler that makes people serve Him through force.
The option of choice has been and will always be present.
I think your illustration about the parent/child comparison to God as our parent may be a little faulty.
Telling Adam & Eve not to eat from 1 tree out of many trees...and a parent giving a child a knife may be a little different.
Allowing a person to make a choice (regardless of the choice he/she makes) is love.
Of course in a parent/child scenario...the parent has certain obligations to protect the child.
Sometimes one can shield....other times it isn't in the best interests of the person to shield him/her.
The beautiful thing about the fall of man (through the couple's choice) is that a way was made so that perfection/eternal salvation could be restored in a "in case of scenario". God didn't refuse to take responsibility. In fact, He sacrificed His son for us....when He could've just allowed death & eternal separation.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

Brother,
Because God is Omniscient....and knew the choices that Judas, Pharoah, & Esau would make doesn't by any means mean that He pre-destined their fates or took away their choice.
I'll have to comr back with the specific bible verses, but each of the men chose to continue down paths that separated them from God until there was no more grace to pardon. Sin was nurtured (in various forms such as greed & pride), so much until the voice of God was shut out.
God always gives multiple chances for people to choose a relationship with Him.
But He will never force it.
While we are pre-destined to have a certain set of parents, belong to a certain ethnic group, or be born in a certain country....it's not the case for salvation.
I don't believe in pre-destination when it comes to sasalvation. I believe a person always has a choice.
Re: The Power Of Choice by akintom(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2017
MZLady39:

Brother,
Because God is Omniscient....and knew the choices that Judas, Pharoah, & Esau would make doesn't by any means mean that He pre-destined their fates or took away their choice.
My sister in our Lord FSM,
If God be omniscient, this means he foreknew those that will accept Jesus as their Lord and savoir, and those that will reject Jesus.

Why waste the time and life Jesus?

When God could have just either prevent, the conception of the hell bound homosapiens or simply look on until they die.

MZLady39:

I'll have to comr back with the specific bible verses, but each of the men chose to continue down paths that separated them from God until there was no more grace to pardon. Sin was nurtured (in various forms such as greed & pride), so much until the voice of God was shut out.

How could God possibly run out of mercy and grace? Didn't God say;

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good, and his mercy is never-ending; his faith is unchanging through all generations.

MZLady39:

God always gives multiple chances for people to choose a relationship with Him.
But He will never force it.

There's no basis for this sister. God knew how all homosapiens will turn out, because he fabricated them to so turn out.

So, homosapiens are pre-designed, therefore, question of force doesn't arise.

MZLady39:

While we are pre-destined to have a certain set of parents, belong to a certain ethnic group, or be born in a certain country....it's not the case for salvation.
I don't believe in pre-destination when it comes to sasalvation. I believe a person always has a choice.

Hey.... It's a mockery of Christianity, for you to elect to cherry pick. Because;

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Brother Akintom,
The only thing I'll say is that God doesn't run out of mercy....however one can "choose" to NOT accept that mercy by grieving the Holy Spirit (which means silence Him so much that He has no choice but to leave one alone) to a point of no return. Continually ignoring the pleas of Christ to confess and turn away from deliberate sin and be made new.....that's grieving the Holy Spirit (which is the unpardonable sin). The Lord is long-suffering and extremely patient...but there comes a point....which only He knows.
If a person has permanently decided that they don't want Christ, then Christ has no choice but to leave one alone.
That person's fate (choosing either life or death) is sealed.
Re: The Power Of Choice by obinna58(m): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2017
MZLady39:

Yes....brother. Giving us "freewill" although He already knows the choices we will make.
God is not a tyrannical ruler that makes people serve Him through force.
The option of choice has been and will always be present.
I think your illustration about the parent/child comparison to God as our parent may be a little faulty.
Telling Adam & Eve not to eat from 1 tree out of many trees...and a parent giving a child a knife may be a little different.
Allowing a person to make a choice (regardless of the choice he/she makes) is love.
Of course in a parent/child scenario...the parent has certain obligations to protect the child.
Sometimes one can shield....other times it isn't in the best interests of the person to shield him/her.
The beautiful thing about the fall of man (through the couple's choice) is that a way was made so that perfection/eternal salvation could be restored in a "in case of scenario". God didn't refuse to take responsibility. In fact, He sacrificed His son for us....when He could've just allowed death & eternal separation.

I'm not talking about Adam and eve, the knife is referred as "freewill" it could be used for good and bad, he gave us the freewill knowing we mostly gonna use it for bad purposes.
How can he be merciful when he gave us access to the hell he created, all religionists believes they sin everyday cos of that same freewill.

So where z the perfection?
Sorry to say, most of ur comments av seen sounds less religious to me.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 26, 2017
obinna58:

I'm not talking about Adam and eve, the knife is referred as "freewill" it could be used for good and bad, he gave us the freewill knowing we mostly gonna use it for bad purposes.
How can he be merciful when he gave us access to the hell he created, all religionists believes they sin everyday cos of that same freewill.

So where z the perfection?
Sorry to say, most of ur comments av seen sounds less religious to me.

Ok....i understood what you were saying...just wasn't sure I liked the illustration. Not quite sure it fit.
Brother, my apologies that I'm not "religious" enough for you.
Cause I don't quote scriptures 24/7....i guess means that I'm not a Christian.
Obinna, we've been down this road before.
If insulting me makes you feel better, then go ahead.
If I'm causing you to stumble, then I apologize and invite you to find other "religious" threads that satisfy what you're looking for smiley
Re: The Power Of Choice by akintom(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2017
MZLady39:
Brother Akintom,
The only thing I'll say is that God doesn't run out of mercy....however one can "choose" to NOT accept that mercy by grieving the Holy Spirit (which means silence Him so much that He has no choice but to leave one alone) to a point of no return. Continually ignoring the pleas of Christ to confess and turn away from deliberate sin and be made new.....that's grieving the Holy Spirit (which is the unpardonable sin). The Lord is long-suffering and extremely patient...but there comes a point....which only He knows.
If a person has permanently decided that they don't want Christ, then Christ has no choice but to leave one alone.
That person's fate (choosing either life or death) is sealed.

Sister MZLady39,

You didn't address the crux of this discussion, in specific terms.

*God's omniscient, as it negates his offering of redemption (needless in all rational ways).

* God "created" the folks, that will eternally call the bluff of his redemptive contraptions. Since he knew the end from the beginning, he's just a cruel monster (creating folks that can't change, yet demanding that they change and condemning them for not changing).

All these, presents a God that reeks monster.
Re: The Power Of Choice by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
akintom:

Sister MZLady39,

You didn't address the crux of this discussion, in specific terms.

*God's omniscient, as it negates his offering of redemption (needless in all rational ways).

* God "created" the folks, that will eternally call the bluff of his redemptive contraptions. Since he knew the end from the beginning, he's just a cruel monster (creating folks that can't change, yet demanding that they change and condemning them for not changing).

All these, presents a God that reeks monster.

Brother....."sighs".....
I know that you are a reader....but this here....
I can't decode what you wrote undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are There So Many Inconsistencies Between Mathew And Luke? / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye / Jehovah’s Witnesses Given €12,000 Fine For Incitement To Hatred Against Ex-membe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.