Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,651 members, 7,865,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Arranged Marriages Were Much Better!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arranged Marriages Were Much Better!!! (451 Views)

Woman With 2 Failed Marriages Finds Love With A Prince Who Is Single / Why Do Girls Who Club & Sleep Around End In Better Marriages Than Church Girls? / "My Sex Doll Is So Much Better Than My Real Wife" - Japanese Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arranged Marriages Were Much Better!!! by Jman06(m): 11:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Considering the high rate of divorce which has become so rampant in mondern day marriages, i think that we should go back to the old system of marriage where parents recommended spouses for their children based on their knowledge of the family history of the man/lady whom they want to match with their children. There's a popular igbo saying that what an elder sees while sitting, a child can not see even while standing on an iroko tree. Considering how successful marriages were in those days, i think that system worked better.

Nowadays, people get married on frivolous reasons and if you ask them, they say it is 'love'. Which yeye love?. Because you saw a girl and got attracted to her nyash and boobs, or you saw a guy and because he's tall,dark/fair and handsome, you think you are in love? Nonsense! The reason why marriages fail these is that people marry out of infatuation which they call love, and before you know it, the infatuation clears from their eyes and they start looking out for the next person.
Re: Arranged Marriages Were Much Better!!! by BlackDBagba: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2017
No no no.

Now listen.

Back then, there was a stigma attached to being. 'Divorced ' or 'separated '. People had shame. There was class.

Now, education and westernisation has taken away all the shame people have. There is now something called 'swag'.

People are still going through the same things they went through before. Men still behave badly, women still run their mouth with lil' cash. Nothing changed.

Time changes yesterday.
Re: Arranged Marriages Were Much Better!!! by Jman06(m): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2017
BlackDBagba:
No no no.

Now listen.

Back then, there was a stigma attached to being. 'Divorced ' or 'separated '. People had shame. There was class.

Now, education and westernisation has taken away all the shame people have. There is now something called 'swag'.

People are still going through the same things they went through before. Men still behave badly, women still run their mouth with lil' cash. Nothing changed.

Time changes yesterday.
In those days there was much more bonding between the man's and woman's families so issues were better resolved.

(1) (Reply)

I Seek True Love / Is The Mad Man Telling The Truth.?? / Man Catches His Friend On His Matrimonial Bed With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.