Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? (43368 Views)

Live Service From Winners Chapel In Gotv And Dstv. Check This / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by elkraune(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
wu have garri here
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by farem: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
ovaRAYted:

Its not atheism,they clearly censor "God,Jesus,god" along with Profane words...while references/mentions to the likes of Allah, Krishna, Buhdda,etc are never censored

They allow .names that relate with them and block the ones that remind them of their eternal destination. These deluded satanists, it's a matter of time, 120 years highest and they will be shocked that, that is the minutest part of the infinitesimal Portion of the Eternity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
FA13:

Why keep using Allah in every other language, and not God when you are speaking or writing in English?

Why keep using Jesus in every other language and not God when you are speaking or writing in English?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:
The word 'GOD' means A supernatural, typically immortal being with superior powers. which in Islam he is called 'ALLAH', so what is it called in Christianity?
The name of our God is YAHWEH. What is the name of the God Muslims worship?

Don't tell me it's Allah cos you already said Allah means god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by toseen7: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
emmaitive:
becos they are all antichrist.
No, e no get anything to do with anti-christ o.. lol
They censor those words when people use it a negative way e.g "May God punish you"

They don't do that when people use those words in a positive way e.g "God bless you".......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
ollah2:

Why keep using Jesus in every other language and not God when you are speaking or writing in English?
God is a title. Jesus is the name of the title holder.

If Allah also means god, then what is Allah's name?

The answer you get is the Islamic deception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
ollah2:

They are different cos Christians worship the god called Jesus who happens to be just a prophet while the Muslims worship the one true God (Allah).
please i am not in the mood to start an religious war, i wont fall to that bait. I can only pray that one day your eyes of understanding will be opened and you will see jesus, the true light of the world who died for our sins and rose up from the dead. He is the way, the truth and the life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
God is a title. Jesus is the name of the title holder.

If Allah also means god, then what is Allah's name?

The answer you get is the Islamic deception.

Wow!! The way you guys twist words marvels me. By your logic Jesus is the Christian's God yet when he was dieing on the cross " he screamed FATHER FORGIVE THEM" . Since he is the god according to you guys, why consult another higher God?

I have helped you with Christianity deception.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
ollah2:

They are different cos Christians worship the god called Jesus who happens to be just a prophet while the Muslims worship the one true God (Allah).
please i am not in the mood to start a religious war, i wont fall for that bait. I can only pray that one day your eyes of understanding will be opened and you will see jesus, the true light of the world who died for our sins and rose up from the dead. He is the way, the truth and the life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by x12345678x: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
EdwardRandy:

Is Allah not a God?
Does Nigeria speak Arabic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by kemade14: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:

we agree. but please tell us, at the time of Moses, who was the way, the truth and the life? at the time of Noah, who was the way, the truth and the life? and did Jesus said "I am the 'ONLY' the way, the truth and the life? "

At the time of Moses and the prophets of old, animals were sacrificed and their blood used to signify the remission of sins and the people then didn't have direct access to God the father. God sent his son,Jesus Christ to be the final sacrifice so we could have direct access.Jesus Christ being the way means to have express access to God you have to accept Jesus,his death,his resurrection and believe his blood can cleanse you from sins.
John 14
1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me".
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".
7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by farem: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
toseen7:
No, e no get anything to do with anti-christ o.. lol
They censor those words when people use it a negative way e.g "May God punish you"

They don't do that when people use those words in a positive way e.g "God bless you".......

it's glaring you hv not been watching dstv and gotv. Try and watch where a pastor is praying for blessing for his member using the name of Jesus then come back and comment on your comment
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The name of our God is YAHWEH. What is the name of the God Muslims worship?

Don't tell me it's Allah cos you already said Allah means god.
First, I never said ALLAH means GOD (read my comment again).
secondly, please provide your proof from your bible that 'YAHWEH' is the name of your GOD
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
Stop watching African magic!!
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Ichietome: 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Epositive:
na goal goal be dat cheesy
REAL - BARCA cool
Don't mislead prospective jambites. It's called DG - draw game Thank me later
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
kemade14:

At the time of Moses and the prophets of old, animals were sacrificed and their blood used to signify the remission of sins and the people then didn't have direct access to God the father. God sent his son,Jesus Christ to be the final sacrifice so we could have direct access.Jesus Christ being the way means to have express access to God you have to accept Jesus,his death,his resurrection and believe his blood can cleanse you from sins.
John 14
1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me".
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".
7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
Be sincere with yourself, does any of this you posted answer any of the questions I asked?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
please i am not in the mood to start an religious war, i wont fall to that bait. I can only pray that one day your eyes of understanding will be opened and you will see jesus, the true light of the world who died for our sins and rose up from the dead. He is the way, the truth and the life.

How is my previous message an initiator of a religious war? Perhaps you can't reply the message with a constructive response. When you are done praying, I will also pray for you that the only way to heaven is through Islam. You should confess your sins to Allah and He shall forgive and embrace you.

Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Harvest601(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
nope,they onli censor subtitles that has the word "God' however when u watch Christian channel s like tbn , faith etc.....they blare the name of God like no tomorrow.
Still , i wudnt knw why dey censor subtitles.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
this is why we have problem in this country... small matter una don carry am for head turn am to religious fight.. kilode?

and what is this one saying about halal? muslims don't consume pork halal there means its pork free any problem with that? or is it because its inscribed in arabic?

kemade14:
I also have observed something for sometime now. I am someone who pay attention to details. Before I buy things,I check for the ingredients,name of the company that produced it,address etc. I noticed that most of the products we use now carry the symbol and inscription 'halal' which were never there before (the sign was just in few). Most product wrappers carrying that sign increased seriously from 2015. I went further to check for the meaning and I begin to wonder if these products are strictly made for muslims since I don't know of any product specifically made for Christians. Try check the wrappers of products like milo, bournvita, most of the biscuits we eat (most especially Yale biscuits),noodles, in fact most of the things we use. I think its only OK foods products that do not carry that sign yet.We are truly in the last days.Know what you believe and take a stand!. Read 1John 4, you will understand better.JESUS CHRIST is the way!, no other way to God.

Abeg op abeg read what this guy wrote... he made sense.

TheLogicalMind:
I'm amazed that anyone would be asking this question. Multichoice censors the use of the word God when it is spoken in a derogatory or disreputable context, like "God damn you", "God forsaken" etc. When the word is used positively, it is never censored. I've watched films like "Fighting Temptations" and "Joyful Noise" on MNET. These are essentially Christian films dealing with Christian themes and DSTV has never censored the use of the word God in any of these films because it is used respectfully and with reverence. I've watched "Bruce Almighty" which is a comedy film about God on DSTV and they also did not censor usage of the word in that film. It appears that DSTV is enforcing the scripture that says we are not to use God's name in vain, even though I don't know why they would do this since they are a commercial and not a religious organisation.

You guys should educate yourselves before jumping to hasty conclusions!.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
x12345678x:

Does Nigeria speak Arabic?

Gosh!! U be olodo ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by hackwi(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.
Allah is not God... God is not Allah. The usage of God is a derivative of the English philosophy of the supreme being While Allah is the Arabic deity
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
ollah2:

Wow!! The way you guys twist words marvels me. By your logic Jesus is the Christian's God yet when he was dieing on the cross " he screamed FATHER FORGIVE THEM" . Since he is the god according to you guys, why consult another higher God?

I have helped you with Christianity deception.
Jesus was God in human flesh. Thesame way God entered a burning bush and spoke through it to Moses.

Muslims can never understand that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by haykes(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Talk Rubbish Make I Hear
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus was God in human flesh. Thesame way God entered a burning bush and spoke through it to Moses.

Muslims can never understand that.

Lol. So he was talking to himself while being nailed on the cross with two other thieves? Holy Crap!!

Come up with a better argument. This is so meaningless.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:

First, I never said ALLAH means GOD (read my comment again).
secondly, please provide your proof from your bible that 'YAHWEH' is the name of your GOD
Pls, check the original manuscripts, you will see YAHWEH clearly written in all the places where He is mentioned. But the English translations have replaced His name with Lord. That's why when you are supposed to see his name, what you get is LORD.

But we are glad that the Septuagints, which are the original manuscripts all contain His name Yahweh.

So, what us Allah's name?
Don't dodge my question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by D1official: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Lol. You think i have never faced tough problems in my life? It's called adversity and overcoming them. Everyone goes through it/them. It is only in Nigeria that when faced with issues it is the "devil" grin work.
Excess of Richard Dawkins nd Christopher hitchins jokes with oda selfish atheist has actually turned ur mind nd hearth against God.
All I can say is dat non of ur mentors deep down them actually believe what they preach including urself, if u can tell ur self D truth.Because deir is a part of us that no matter what science does d vacuum must remain empty nd datz d (soul) bt simply because 95% of atheist re selfish,proud,men who think that being an adult has actually given then enough knowledge to understand what transpired in d world dey claim to hv existed for billions of years.
I would rather live in d world with Muslim's, Dan with atheist who hv no moral values whatsoever bt live based on personal perspective.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
ollah2:

Lol. So he was talking to himself while being nailed on the cross with two other thieves? Holy Crap!!

Come up with a better argument. This is so meaningless.
Thats the power of the Trinity that Muslims can never unravel cos murder and bloodshed of centuries past has blindfolded them.

O
Pls, what is Allah's name?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by mofeoluwadassah: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
In my opinion i tink they dont want 2 cal d name of God in vain
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by nwadiuko1(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.
ohh well....why not call him God and censor allah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by kemade14: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gistedge:
this is why we have problem in this country... small matter una don carry am for head turn am to religious fight.. kilode?

and what is this one saying about halal? muslims don't consume pork halal there means its pork free any problem with that? or is it because its inscribed in arabic?

No, I only stated an observation. I also stated that there was a surge from 2015 in products carrying the inscription. So, those products that started carrying the inscription recently didn't know muslims do not eat pork before now.Hmm,I also looked at the marketing angle. Well, I am not here to start or turn anything into a religious fight. Lastly, the reason why there is problem in this country is because people have refused to live right and do the right things.

kemade14:
I also have observed something for sometime now. I am someone who pay attention to details. Before I buy things,I check for the ingredients,name of the company that produced it,address etc. I noticed that most of the products we use now carry the symbol and inscription 'halal' which were never there before (the sign was just in few). Most product wrappers carrying that sign increased seriously from 2015. I went further to check for the meaning and I begin to wonder if these products are strictly made for muslims since I don't know of any product specifically made for Christians. Try check the wrappers of products like milo, bournvita, most of the biscuits we eat (most especially Yale biscuits),noodles, in fact most of the things we use. I think its only OK foods products that do not carry that sign yet.We are truly in the last days.Know what you believe and take a stand!. Read 1John 4, you will understand better.JESUS CHRIST is the way!, no other way to God.

TheLogicalMind:
I'm amazed that anyone would be asking this question. Multichoice censors the use of the word God when it is spoken in a derogatory or disreputable context, like "God damn you", "God forsaken" etc. When the word is used positively, it is never censored. I've watched films like "Fighting Temptations" and "Joyful Noise" on MNET. These are essentially Christian films dealing with Christian themes and DSTV has never censored the use of the word God in any of these films because it is used respectfully and with reverence. I've watched "Bruce Almighty" which is a comedy film about God on DSTV and they also did not censor usage of the word in that film. It appears that DSTV is enforcing the scripture that says we are not to use God's name in vain, even though I don't know why they would do this since they are a commercial and not a religious organisation.

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gistedge:

kemade14:

TheLogicalMind:

The word 'Halal' means 'permissible'. which implies that no 'Haram' (forbidden or not permissible for a Muslim to consume) ingredients is used in the making or preparation of the product. so muslims must always check for the word 'Halal' on any product for him/her to know if it can be consumed or not. So please do a lot of finds before jumping into conclusion. Believe me ignorance is deadly decease people are exposed to these days.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
hackwi:
Allah is not God... God is not Allah. The usage of God is a derivative of the English philosophy of the supreme being While Allah is the Arabic deity
Thank you my brother.

These Muslims think they can fool everyone.

Bisimillahi means "in the name of allah".

Tell them to tell us what the name of allah is, they will start beating about the bush.

Their Islamic confession of faith says "there is no god but allah". If allah is the Arabic word for god, then their Islamic confession of faith makes no sense. It will then mean "there is no god but god". Isn't that senseless? That goes to show that allah doesn't mean god in Arabic but is the name of a god, the moon god.

So, what they want you to acknowledge when you say the Islamic confession of faith is that there is no god but allah, meaning all other gods are non-existing except allah.

Islam is full of deceit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Preaches The Gospel On Streets Of Lagos (Video) / Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Prophet Kofi Oduro To Ladies: You & Your Private Part Shall Perish In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.