Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? (43399 Views)

Live Service From Winners Chapel In Gotv And Dstv. Check This / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
that your god that allows the oppresion of women, whose idea of heaven has no plans for women and is for one man to sleep with 72 virgins and drink from a river of wine, whose prophet stole the childhood of a little girl by marrying her at age six and sleeping with her when she is nine, who supports female genital mutilation,who has a hand in the kidnapping of 200 and something girls in the north who has some origin in the suicide bombings of today. A religion(especially the african version) that thinks western education is evil but still patronises the use of their weapons and many more. It doesn't make sense for any woman with a brain to join that religion, i would rather be a christian or even an aetheist than join such. Christianity may not make sense to you but at least it gives me free will which differentaites me from animals. Put me at gunpoint and i wont still join. Shalom.

Lol. The bible has loads of verses that talks about oppression of women. Holy crap!! You wrote loads of meaningless jargons. You don't wanna switch to another faith but u want that person to switch to yours. You need ur head checked

2 Likes

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by paix(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maybe because they're running an UNGODLY business!!!
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Deilluminator(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.
You only have a canal knowledge of what ALLAH means. Don't be deceived. If it's a language thing, why do Muslims rarely mention God even when they are conversing in English.

May Allah...
May the peace of Allah...

Sometimes back in Pakistan, Christians were threatened not to ever mention the word Allah. Why?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Deilluminator(m): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
samazeezat:
my dear, your apprehension is of no basis. I wouldn't know why they are doing that but as a Muslim I have used the world GOD more than I have ever used the world ALLAH which simply means God in English and Chineke in Igbo.
I believe that you are a half beck Muslim or you only said that to safe face. Allah is different from God. Don't deceived us. If it's a language thing, why do Muslims rarely mention God even when they are conversing in English.

many Allah...

Sometimes back in Pakistan, Christians were threatened not to ever mention the word Allah. Why?

Real Muslims don't mention God when they are conversing in any language. I have listened to Muslims converse in French, English German and others. Why?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by D1official: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

You are funny. You are still basing your beliefs on the fact that because you cannot explain a thing it is because of some God. Smh. Religious people are just fantastic.
Sorry for wasting my time talking to u sir.
Continue with ur sight, time will tell, probably wen u live d world nd fail to sleep forever as u guys believe.
Itz obvious that D only thing dT can change d h8 of ur likes is JESUS himself.
Like I said m so sorry for wasting all my time trying to show u d light, forgetting dat ur mind is blind.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by blingxx(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Not exactly.

It true sir ] undecided...
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Bollinger(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
D1official:

Sorry for wasting my time talking to u sir.
Continue with ur sight, time will tell, probably wen u live d world nd fail to sleep forever as u guys believe.
Itz obvious that D only thing dT can change d h8 of ur likes is JESUS himself.
Like I said m so sorry for wasting all my time trying to show u d light, forgetting dat ur mind is blind.

Religious weirdo. He talks as if he had any consciousness before he was born which of course he didn't. How da phuck does he think he will any consciousness when he dies? Just they want to live forever by any means possible, they will believe in unicorns if need be. What a people. Smh.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by laidima88(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
I don't blame them, when the Christian owner of Yale biscuits was asked why he used swine in spite knowing Moslems don't eat it in producing his biscuits, he said it live on radio that his biscuits are not meant for Muslim's and it's not by force they buy it.it's just that Christians don't have the ability,if they have the capacity to hurt Muslim's they will do it instantly with no second thought.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by D1official: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bollinger:

Religious weirdo. He talks as if he had any consciousness before he was born which of course he didn't. How da phuck does he think he will any consciousness when he dies? Just they want to live forever by any means possible, they will believe in unicorns if need be. What a people. Smh.
When you die!! u will knw.
D worst part is dat what ever outcome u c, u alone will face it.
Bt what if m wrong in christ(actually m living D life I still wish for) after all when I die I remain unconscious forever.No regrets, bt what if u wrong?... I guess u knw what follows nxt.
Nd seriously somewhere down ur soul u knw u re,i just pray ur ego will just let u b.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by newslifeop: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
I wonder o
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Bollinger(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
D1official:

When you die!! u will knw.
D worst part is dat what ever outcome u c, u alone will face it.
Bt what if m wrong in christ(actually m living D life I still wish for) after all when I die I remain unconscious forever.No regrets, bt what if u wrong?... I guess u knw what follows nxt.
Nd seriously somewhere down ur soul u knw u re,i just pray ur ego will just let u b.

He is talking as if he has undisputable proof. Lol. Even the so called God he worships gives proof of what he does but for some reason there is zero proof of the heaven he is waiting for. Or, wait a minute, have the trillions of souls who have died over the centuries been communicating with d1official? Could it be he knows something we all don't? grin grin
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Lordneyo: 11:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ok. To the folk asking for the name of Allah.
First of all Allah DOESN'T translate to God, it simply is the name of the Muslims' God, just like Christians' Jehovah or Yaweh.
The Arabic translation of God is Illah. That's why in the declaration of faith in Islam you have it as "La illah ila Allah" meaning there's no God except Allah.
La = There's no.
[/color]ILLAH =GOD[color=#000000]
Ila = Except
Allah = Allah.
Do you now understand?
And the answer to the main question is they only censor it out when it's used in derogatory ways. For example when someone says God dammit or God forsaken. And you sabi our Yoruba movies if dem neva curse their sef e nova funny. It has nothing to do with Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by samazeezat(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Deilluminator:
I believe that you are a half beck Muslim or you only said that to safe face. Allah is different from God. Don't deceived us. If it's a language thing, why do Muslims rarely mention God even when they are conversing in English.

many Allah...

Real Muslims don't mention God when they are conversing in any language. I have listened to Muslims converse in French, English German and others. Why?
You are bereft of logical illustration my friend.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by DJMicky(m): 12:59am On Apr 24, 2017
It's not GOTV or DSTV, it is from the channel where the signal are being gotten. Eg Africa magic, wazobia tv
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 24, 2017
ObongawanAKS:
Even Seun Osewa is guilty of this, but my God pass them.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Deilluminator(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2017
samazeezat:

You are bereft of logical illustration my friend.
Don't shy away from the truth with unnecessary words, explain
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by brainhgeek(m): 7:13am On Apr 24, 2017
They have deleted kingdom Africa from the list too. DSTV is not Christ/God friendly anymore
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by x12345678x: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2017
ollah2:

Gosh!! U be olodo ooo
Ollah2 my guy, the great fountain of wisdom, I hail thee...now answer the question dammit!
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Patto5050(m): 8:43am On Apr 25, 2017
AM SWAPING TO STARTIME OR SRTONG TV. PERIOD
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Geds: 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
Calm down people, I believe there is no hidden agenda behind this.
If you carefully observe, DSTV basically mutes the name of God, when used in statements like 'Oh God!' or any other exclamation and not in statements like 'God will do ...' or 'Praise God'. I believe the former falls under the category of 'Do not use the name of the Lord your God in vain', and this is why they mute it.

This I have no issues with and actually respect them for, if this is their reason.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by FA13(m): 4:02am On Apr 28, 2017
ollah2:

Why keep using Jesus in every other language and not God when you are speaking or writing in English?

Jesus is the name of the son of God, through whom we have access to the Father.

Infact it changes with language.

Jesu in Yoruba and its variant in other languages.

Please do more homework. Or rather, accept the truth.

#Allah no seem like synonym for God ooo. Be wise.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 4:04am On Apr 28, 2017
FA13:

Jesus is the name of the son of God, through whom we have access to the Father.

Infact it changes with language.

Jesu in Yoruba and its variant in other languages.

Please do more homework. Or rather, accept the truth.

#Allah no seem like synonym for God ooo. Be wise.

He is the son yet you proclaim him as your God. Christians worship him. You should take your own advice
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by FA13(m): 4:27am On Apr 28, 2017
ollah2:

He is the son yet you proclaim him as your God. Christians worship him. You should take your own advice

Of course.

You as your Father's son or daughter, you bear his name?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2017
FA13:

Of course.

You as your Father's son or daughter, you bear his name?

Lol. You just wrote utter crap.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by FA13(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2017
ollah2:

Lol. You just wrote utter crap.

I understand how you think.
May God open your eyes.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by ollah2: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
FA13:

I understand how you think.

May God open your eyes.

Thank you.

U should follow your own advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Kofi Oduro To Ladies: You & Your Private Part Shall Perish In Hell / Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Michael Thomas-Sambo Divine Revelation Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.