Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? (1210 Views)

Looking 4real,sweet,delicious Love!!!! / Marrying For Love Is Wrong / Love Is Unfair: Why Don't Ugly Girls Get Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by funweez(f): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2007
Hey, People.

Can i get your tots on this?  Just exactly how realistic is havin an "across the oceans relationship?" Its hard enough to keep a relationship going, not to mention one that has your partner living out of state.

A friend's 3years boyfriend is movin to the states soon and she's really worried about how long they can last as a couple.Personally i dnt think its worth it.Lets break up n go our seperate ways! But i didnt ave the guts to tell her that!

So what do u'all think?
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by la1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2007
personally i dont beleive in long distance relationships,primarily cos we r all human beings and we need to FEEL love
at some point wether its from a fellow human,a pet or teddy bear and so we will instinctively search it out after awhile, dats y it wont work.love is nt jst emotions, its physical contact as well.dont worry abt ur friend she'll get over it,we all did cry
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by whiteNkem(f): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2007
Eyes that don't see, forget! Therefore, you need a time limit. You need a target to cling on. Distance relationships can last only if there is hope to get together (in real life) at a certain point. I mean, if ur friend has plans to move to the states too, or if the guy will come back, then, with some efforts, they can pull it out; but otherwise, they don't stand a chance. It's all logical.
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by Busta(f): 4:43am On Jan 26, 2007
tell ur friend to move on
doesn't work!
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by iice(f): 5:07am On Jan 26, 2007
Some people can make it work, others can't.
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by funweez(f): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2007
Are we all not being a little bit pessimistic?.

i think i agree with iice that some can make it work. Again, Maybe it depends on how badly you really want it to last.
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by typical: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2007
funweez:

Are we all not being a little bit pessimistic?.

i think i agree with iice that some can make it work. Again, Maybe it depends on how badly you really want it to last.

If you already had this opinion, why did you decide to ask?
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by OmoEko1(f): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2007
@busta

It does work, you just have to be patience, trustworth with each. my boyfriend stay in an European country and I live in USA, we got no problem. our love grows stronger has each day passes, we mean everything thing to each other. u know some times there are lot of temptation but you just have to be able to overcome it and be strong. we see each other like every six month, either i travel to see him or he comes here or naija. lots of people think it's not gonna work but now we both prove to all of them it's did, he rock my world and no other guy on this planet can ever take his space. but on the other hands if your both see each other together in future no need of continuing the long oversea relationship.
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by Pip(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2007
it real for mamy water
Re: Across The Oceans Love?is It 4real? by OyinboNo1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2007
why is he going to the states? it's easier to be the guy leaving and coming back to visit now and again, rather than the babe left there waiting, he'll meet new people and it'll be easy to get a new local gf - if she tries this all her family and friends will know, etc, and she'll look the guilty party. it's his choice to go - she should (in the nicest possible way) put the ball in his court - stay / take me along and we'll continue this, leave me alone and it's an open reloationship,

(1) (Reply)

Hello Nairaladers, Pls Where Can I Buy/get Fresh Red Roses In Abuja For Val: / Romance Gamblers trying to cheat each other on NL. / Does This Qualify As Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.