Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) (9108 Views)

Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images. / Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro Launch Party (live Pictures) / 3 Reasons I Choose The Camon CX Over Infinix S2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Ehimzy(m): 9:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
just imagine xiaomi redmi 4a is clocked at at 1.4, 2GB,dhjsfdhdsghd ram, snapdragon/ 16 5b rom, 4G lte, etc price 28k to 32k while infinix note 3 at 66k has no 4g lte in this era. Redmi note 4X clocked at 2.0, 3gb ram, 32gb rom, 4g lte/ snapdragon, is roughly 50k. What stops infinix from clocking their 60k + devices at atleast 1.5

Bro . they buy these chips clocked like this straight from MTK.. they can't be over clocked.. they're meant for low end phones..
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Ehimzy:

Bro . they buy these chips clocked like this straight from MTK.. they can't be over clocked.. they're meant for low end phones..
low end phones sold about 66k?
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Ehimzy(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
low end phones sold about 66k?

Mediatek made those chips for low end phones.. their mid range chips start from the 6570T to the helio p10-p20 before the X series.. its infinix and the likes that make whatever they want with it and slap a price tag
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Osaki07: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2017
Ehimzy:

Your opinion
just glad u're satisfied with it smiley
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 9:27am On Apr 25, 2017
ishittu:

Hmmm
tell your glorified shit makers that whenever the start making a phone with the helio X27 or X30 mtk processor then we will start taking them seriously
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 9:41am On Apr 25, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Even midrange phones from Samsung, htc, lg etc have clock speed of about 1.5 - 1.8ghz on 4 cores. Multitasking will be very shitty on this Infinix since it's operating on marshmallow. With the processor in this Infinix s2, Android 4.2.2 jelly bean should be merely okay for it, not heavy marshmallow.

Infinix/Tecno/Itel, crappy hardware, updated software. Na why una camera no dey good be that.

Shut up your mouth...the first generation which is hot s came with 1.3ghz octacore processor(check it benchmarks) and this also uses the same processor as its predecessor

Meanwhile Samsung galaxy j3 2017 just get benchmarked with a quad core 1.43ghz cortex a53...so whatya say about that

Mean while you didn't get to see this one of the first phone to have dual front facing camera
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2017
Osaki07:
What are u saying
see..this is one of the reason i'll always tell people.."do ur findings first"

To correct you the infinix s2 comes with a processor clocked @1.3Ghz(Quad core[4 cores])

please stop forming I.T.K
..and just to make things clearer,there aren't any 6 cores!
only single(1) dual(2) quad(4) octa( 8 ) deca(10) cores..that's all nothing lesser or greater..

To correct you snapdragon 808 and 650 and mtk mt8176 are all hexaxore
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2017
FelixFelicis:
Shut the eff up bro, you're a dummy. Is it Infinix that creates the processor? The processor is made my mediatek, and it's mtk6573 made in 2013, it's a low-end chip like the Snapdragon 200 series. It's also a 32bit chip, not 64, it's a Arm11 chip built on Harvard architecture angry It has just a single core. What do you know about processors?

What you wrote in the spec is rubbish, it's not a 64 bit chip neither does it has 4cores. The only reason why the chip can work on 1.3ghz speed ia if it's overclocked from factory angry and that won't even make it faster or better at multitasking or anything angry so STFU

You smoke weed ni...the ATM cortex used is cortex a53 which is 64bit and octacore..,I sense a newbie..the op made a mistake..it's mtk 6753...so check it up...but you are too quick to fault..,you jez ought to correct him...it's totally impossible to use mtk 6573 this days
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
tell your glorified shit makers that whenever the start making a phone with the helio X27 or X30 mtk processor then we will start taking them seriously

Okay iyaff hear , hope you will be willing to pay the price and not complain the price is too high again
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Osaki07:
Ok bro..
i can't wait for your review,let's see what infinix s2 is made off wink

Okies before d week runs out
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
there are alot of things that say it is crap, just like the resolution of a sefie centred screen 720 X 1080 while some others are making 2 resolution. Sefie phone resolution at 720 x 1080? I shake my head in great shock

Hmmm, but this is a midrange device, How can u expect a 2k resolution?
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
barackodam:

The first day I saw this phone specs, I complained outrightly, I don't know much about chipset, but I certainly know mt65xx is an old chipset, maybe it's 6753 indeed, but y'know Nigerian bloggers, they just copy and paste without knowing or wanting to know what......

See that one yarning thrash, why would they run a 1.3ghz on a supposed octacore, I mean who does that? undecided

They just create phones anyhow, that phone still has an unbalanced CPU, because GPU, processor and chipset all have to complement each other to give a good performance, even the cores is important.

One would wonder why zero 2 has 8 cores, and still overheats, I mean, imagine these things, I'm fed up with em all.

I think I'll just quit infinix too......

They take us for granted far too much, worst is the price they will tag it

Speaking about that..the thing is most Nigerians are quick to fault when it come to tecno and infinix yet those big conglomerates also make huge mistakes even worse than those made by tecno and infinix

Starting with overheating...the problem was inherited from Arm which cortex a57 and cortex a7 which was susceptible to over heating and throttling which is the reason why lg had to resort to snapdragon 808 in lg G4 and Samsung using only its exynos processor in the then s6 all because of the arm cortex a57 overheating and also was the same case with the cortex a7 used in the infinix zero 2...

But what baffles me is that most wont talk about the boot loop problem in the GOOGLE pixel yet google is the father of android or the numerous wifi and Bluetooth plus the recently problem accompanied with the latest security update breaking the fingerprint scanner on the pixel but Nigerians won't see that..they won't see the red tint on the newly launch touted to be best Samsung s8 duo or the note 7 debacle

Pls y'all should be lenient with these tecno and infinix [sup][/sup]guys,you can't pay 70k for a phone like note 3 or camon cx and expect it to work like a galaxy s7...
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by FelixFelicis(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
barackodam:

Bro, I own an infinix phone, ih2, and believe me when I say, I'm more closer to Infinix than you think, more probably even closer than you, but, I've been condoning these things they do, and I've reached my breaking point, they can't tell me their phones aren't made for Techy freak, and only some note 3 or zero 4 is for tech guy. Aside those two phones, and this S2, tell me, since days of x507, any infinix phone that's been clocked higher than 1.3 quadcore. Don't mention zero series please.

So you see? When people were condemning them back then I felt it's choice, but now I realize it's the truth. Take a look at this s2

Better chipset
Better GPU l
More cores, (supposedly though)
Yet, same clock speed. What would it cost them to make it 1.5 and balance the CPU?

I heard, from you, that it's been sold at 60 whatever thousand, that's almost the launch Price of note 3, so why build an unbalanced CPU for such phone? If I'll be spending 65k in this economy for a phone, the phone must be worth it in all ramifications, and all. We've grown past the price now bro, we're about the phone itself, oh, is it not this same Infinix that always has one or another ish with their phones? Lemme remind you

Zero/ Zero 2, SIM card slot
Hot, constantly overheating
Hot note, charging point
Hot 2, battery drainage

Have you forgotten?

That's the Infinix you're proud of? I'm ashamed, honestly speaking, I am, I should be propagating something good and not mediocrity
1.5ghz is still a big mediocre for a phone they want to sell 60, 70k angry
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 11:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
considering at things, infinix phones should sell more than 45k. Those phones are produced in china where all parts can be sourced with great ease, where labour is very cheap, etc do you know Apple and other American based company produce their phones in China and ship it down to America? Why? Due do how cheap labour is there. China has the biggest population and so many people are eager to offer their skill or product at a cheaper rate to shove off competition. So my dear if infinix, tecno and co should go and suit themselves for all i car. Dont eveb be surprised that their so called flag ships may be produced for less than 60 dollars. If you see the specs of phones being sold less than 100 dollars that is less than 32k, you will be shocked of how these guys are ripping us off our hard earn money

Good observation

1 Like

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by barackodam: 11:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
just imagine xiaomi redmi 4a is clocked at at 1.4, 2GB,dhjsfdhdsghd ram, snapdragon/ 16 5b rom, 4G lte, etc price 28k to 32k while infinix note 3 at 66k has no 4g lte in this era. Redmi note 4X clocked at 2.0, 3gb ram, 32gb rom, 4g lte/ snapdragon, is roughly 50k. What stops infinix from clocking their 60k + devices at atleast 1.5

Exactly what I'm looking at, Xiaomi...

Lots of affordable good phones, albeit they don't have an office in Africa yet.

These guys just rip us off, and many peeps don't realize
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 11:14am On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Speaking about that..the thing is most Nigerians are quick to fault when it come to tecno and infinix yet those big conglomerates also make huge mistakes even worse than those made by tecno and infinix

Starting with overheating...the problem was inherited from Arm which cortex a57 and cortex a7 which was susceptible to over heating and throttling which is the reason why lg had to resort to snapdragon 808 in lg G4 and Samsung using only its exynos processor in the then s6 all because of the arm cortex a57 overheating and also was the same case with the cortex a7 used in the infinix zero 2...

But what baffles me is that most wont talk about the boot loop problem in the GOOGLE pixel yet google is the father of android or the numerous wifi and Bluetooth plus the recently problem accompanied with the latest security update breaking the fingerprint scanner on the pixel but Nigerians won't see that..they won't see the red tint on the newly launch touted to be best Samsung s8 duo or the note 7 debacle

Pls y'all should be lenient with these tecno and infinix [sup][/sup]guys,you can't pay 70k for a phone like note 3 or camon cx and expect it to work like a galaxy s7...

This is Spot On bro
u know only a few Nigerian use those big high end phone u mention, discussion about it will be less but constructive criticism is good, it will help lower Brand like Infinix, Tecno improve
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:
there are alot of things that say it is crap, just like the resolution of a sefie centred screen 720 X 1080 while some others are making 2 resolution. Sefie phone resolution at 720 x 1080? I shake my head in great shock

Abeg Bro learn you pay for what you get...there are many big brands out there still sticking to 1080p on there flagship(huawei mate 9 and p10)so using a 720p on a 5.2incher ain't a big deal Bro...and your are expecting a 2k resolution on a sub $200 dollar..the least 2k you could get us above $400...so pass...no be by force to buy phone

1 Like

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by barackodam: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Do google have a base in Nigeria like these chinkos?

How many peeps care about the pixel?

Most of us just read these specs, and then onto the next one, we'll rather mod the phone to be like em than buy them, a phone that you don't care about, you don't pay attention to it.

I need to get a new phone, couldn't buy their last ones, all 1.3 quadcore, I waited till this s2, and they're telling me 1.3 octacore, you see now? Disappointment, for 65k

That's my pain, more like our
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by barackodam: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2017
ishittu:

This is Spot On bro
u know only a few Nigerian use those big high end phone u mention, discussion about it will be less but constructive criticism is good, it will help lower Brand like Infinix, Tecno improve

Exactly what I said
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by FelixFelicis(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Shut up your mouth...the first generation which is hot s came with 1.3ghz octacore processor(check it benchmarks) and this also uses the same processor as its predecessor

Meanwhile Samsung galaxy j3 2017 just get benchmarked with a quad core 1.43ghz cortex a53...so whatya say about that

Mean while you didn't get to see this one of the first phone to have dual front facing camera
please shut the Bleep up. Lgv20, lg g5, Huawei p9 have rear dual camera, manufactured by the best of digital companies like leica, yet none of them matched the Samsung s7's single rear camera, it's the best camera phone of last year. So take your nonsense talk about dual cameras away, who's manufacturing your camera? Isn't it your yeye Asian counterparts?
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2017
barackodam:

Exactly what I said

Yup yup
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:

Abeg stop lying meanwhile the redmi 4a is on quad core using snapdragon 425 which is similar to mtk 6735...,and is sold for 56k on Jumia and its also 720p meanwhile last year hot s beats it in almost all areas with octacore,8mp front and even with fingerprint sensor while the hot s is sold at 52k

And moreover your redmi note 4x which is like the zero 4 plus is 102k while the infinix is 107k..yet the 4x processor 625 is equivalent to helio x10 both been a53 at 2.0ghz while the zero 4 plus is hello x20 with 2 a72 running at 2.1ghz...even a mere sd650 hexacore two a72 at 1.6ghz is better than sd625 talkess of 10 cores and still the infinix sabi better camera....bro pls stop playing on us with this your xiaomi ish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by henry007(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
henry007:
Watch my unboxing and first look at the camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACCYAkVz-Kc
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Xtianvic:

Bros na only two oems don use Helio x27 which is umi and le-eco and mean while the vernee appollo to use helio x30 is yet to be released self...so what are you saying...I know you gon soon talk about sd835...you're welcome to do so
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2017
barackodam:

Most of us just read these specs, and then onto the next one, we'll rather mod the phone to be like em than buy them, a phone that you don't care about, you don't pay attention to it.

I need to get a new phone, couldn't buy their last ones, all 1.3 quadcore, I waited till this s2, and they're telling me 1.3 octacore, you see now? Disappointment, for 65k

Bro I understand you but it's all bout price factor..Samsung will charge you 130k for that..if you want something more than that you can go for the camon cx clocked at 1.5ghz or the zero 4 which use helio x10 cox I don't see any helio x10 phone on Jumia less than 80k
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by highheybee: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2017
FelixFelicis:
please shut the Bleep up. Lgv20, lg g5, Huawei p9 have rear dual camera, manufactured by the best of digital companies like leica, yet none of them matched the Samsung s7's single rear camera, it's the best camera phone of last year. So take your nonsense talk about dual cameras away, who's manufacturing your camera? Isn't it your yeye Asian counterparts?

Like I never mentioned rear camera...and I never said it was better...chill Bro
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Abeg stop lying meanwhile the redmi 4a is on quad core using snapdragon 425 which is similar to mtk 6735...,and is sold for 56k on Jumia and its also 720p meanwhile last year hot s beats it in almost all areas with octacore,8mp front and even with fingerprint sensor while the hot s is sold at 52k

And moreover your redmi note 4x which is like the zero 4 plus is 102k while the infinix is 107k..yet the 4x processor 625 is equivalent to helio x10 both been a53 at 2.0ghz while the zero 4 plus is hello x20 with 2 a72 running at 2.1ghz...even a mere sd650 hexacore two a72 at 1.6ghz is better than sd625 talkess of 10 cores and still the infinix sabi better camera....bro pls stop playing on us with this your xiaomi ish

whenever i talk about xiaomi i am talking about Aliexpress not your greedy seller at jumia and konga
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=henry007 post=55898230][/quote]

I love this cool
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by ishittu: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
barackodam:

Maybe you should wait a little more, sometin big might be coming hopefully price won't be a factor again like the Zero 4 plus
Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

take alook at this, GTB charges 320 per $. do the calculation yourself

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Re: Infinix S2 Aka #wefiemaster Will Be Launched Today (live Pictures And Update) by Xtianvic(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
highheybee:

Abeg Bro learn you pay for what you get...there are many big brands out there still sticking to 1080p on there flagship(huawei mate 9 and p10)so using a 720p on a 5.2incher ain't a big deal Bro...and your are expecting a 2k resolution on a sub $200 dollar..the least 2k you could get us above $400...so pass...no be by force to buy phone
check for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? / Key To Unlock Oxford Dictionary Trial Period. / How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.