Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? (9583 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:

What do you mean by an atheist state? Do you even know how that sounds? And how can you compare that with an Islamic state? An Islamic state is one which upholds the supremacy of the laws in the Quran and it's reaffirmation in the Hadith and the Sunna as the set of laws that should be implemented and enforced throughout all the country. Atheism isn't a religion. Atheism doesn't have a codified system of beliefs and laws. Atheism doesn't have a book that is believed to be divinely inspired by a supreme being. Atheism is just a disbelief in the existence of god due to uncompelling and irrational arguments for his existence.

North Korea is a despotic, communist country ruled by a dictator. And any dictator can use whatever beliefs and ideologies to justify any system of rule, especially when he doesn't want any form of polarization, which religious belief and diversity seems to create. This doesn't make that belief intrinsically antithetical to social and moral progress. How about strongly progressive secular countries like Denmark and Sweden? Why aren't they experiencing the equivalent of what's happening in North Korea?

I am still wondering how your response is an argument against atheism. Atheism isn't a political ideology. You should learn to disentangle political ideas from ideas bothering on religion. Atheism existing within a democratic, liberal political framework, effectively facilitates the opposite of what's happening in North Korea.

And am I the only one that is noticing how you are conveniently refusing to acknowledge other factors influencing the current social picture in North Korea? I am talking of factors like popaganda, brainwashing and the systematic stifling of independent critical thinking. Last time i checked, these are the kind of things atheists are strongly against.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by johnydon22(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Theism claims that God is an eternal being therefore it's existence does not need to be explained in terms of causality: but it also appeals to logic that there is no restrictions to the amount of eternal uncaused beings that can exist.

if one can exist then 2 can as well as 3 as well as billions of eternal things .

if you are to save a step and deny God the explanation of a cause then anybody can simply save that same step and deny a causality for the universe - there is no way that it works out for you.

one can also in the same way save a step and attribute every possible universe to an eternal multiverse within a hyper space. the possibilities are endless.

exempting the idea of God from causality does not solve the problem but rather postpones it, again as i have noticed in many theistic arguments God always seize to a person at some point and just becomes "The thing that created the universe"

which always leads me to ask

what makes a God?

Is a thing God because it created the universe or is God still God whether or not it created the universe?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
I doubt I have ever claimed that the "universe came from nothing". I don't even know what "nothing" means. Nor do I know what Laurence Krauss' views are on the subject matter, so it is curious how you've come to infer that I "tacitly" endorse his supposed view of the origins of the universe.

forgotten your discourse with deepsight ?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:

How you manage to just reduce a complex and sectarian problem in a particular region that has strong historical and political underpinnings to just a problem of atheism is really appalling. You are definitely not a person I'd want to have a conversation with on any subject because you seem to be someone who would be inclined to lie and make uneducated and uninformed assertions and parade them as fact just to support your argument. I don't even know why anyone takes you seriously.
lmao
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:

I am talking of factors like popaganda, brainwashing and the systematic stifling of independent critical thinking. Last time i checked, these are the kind of things atheists are strongly against.

Atheism is not philosophical position so there are no constructional elements that constitute atheism . So claiming that atheists are strongly against brainwashing and obscurantism is ludicrous . Where did you get that from grin . What do you guys smoke before you argue ? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Even before modern scientific evidence backed theism , theologians believed the sixth-day creation shouldn't be taken literary . First it was Jewish scholar Philo of Alexandria in the first century and then Christian theologian Augustine of Hippo also made the same observation in the 4th century .

These guys whose names you dropped didn't write the bible. They didn't know the intention of the people that wrote those creation myth. That is if it was meant to be taken literally or not. There is no where inside the bible that sas or suggest that the creation myth isn't to be taken literally. Many young earth creationist even here on nairaland give it a literal 6 day interpretation why are they wrong? What is the true position of Yahweh on creation? Does he want prole to believe in what he told people to write in the bible or not? You can ask him.that as well since you claim to communicate with him.

[What makes something an enigma ? The mystery or wonder behind its existence , behavior or acts . Let's look at the magicians . What makes magic interesting is that the magicians' prestidigitation or subterfuge is difficult to decipher . His acts of magic leaves you transfixed . If a magician reveals the mystery behind his acts then it ceases to be an enigma . You immediately lose interest .

One of the laws of power is never to be an open book . You lose control over people or their interests if they could easily understand you or predict your moves . Mystery excites the mind . God could have seen things this way . Please mind you . I'm not saying this is what it is , I'm saying this could be what it is

I think God wants man to relish the wonder behind His existence and his works ; to work tirelessly employing different ways and means to make these discoveries and that is what makes science(the study of God's works or nature ) and the philosophy of theism intriguing and exciting . Unlike atheism which is vapid and somniferous

Magicians by definition are tricksters that use tricks to beguile those they entertain. God on the other hand is said to want people to KNOW that he alone created the earth and everything. He is interested in people knowing. Your God even gave a failed attempt of how the universe came about in the book of genesis, because he wants people to know.

You can't compare magicians that want to conceal the tricks they employ witha God that is said to want people to know that he alone created everything.

Communicte with your God already and tell us how he create the earth so that we will know that he alone created it or just accept that you are delusional.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:
You mean a brain that sleeps?
That guy has some weird fixation on human brain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Answer the damn question and stop throwing big words in a bid to color your empty statements

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs?

I do not rage when atheists demand proof , so why should I answer the question

Here is my question : Why do atheists rage when Christians demand proof
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I do not rage when atheists demand proof , so why should I answer the question

So the fact that you have created more threads directed at atheists than at your god proves what? undecided

Here is my question : Why do atheists rage when Christians demand proof

Proof of what exactly?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

Not necessarily so. I don't believe the universe came from nothing but I disbelief in all Gods.

Therefore , the universe is eternal ?

I mean what other possibility is left ? See how you spoilt show for yourself . Finally the truth has been discovered .

Mister mister

Mr eternal universe . grin

Oya Oya Now produce the scientific evidence backing this belief or else you are seriously deluded . Let's have fun sir . Let's go !
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

So the fact that you have created more threads directed at atheists than at your god proves what? undecided

Atheism is dangerous and only the retarded embrace it. People need to be aware .

Proof of what exactly?

Why are you an A-Theist ??
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by frank317: 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I'm starting to like this Stewie101 guy, don't let it get to your big head though tongue

When intelligence is speaking elders just nod their head and let out 'hmmmmm'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 11:48am On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:
1 Thessalonians 5:21(BBE)

Let all things be tested; keep to what is good;

1 Thessalonians 5:21(KJV)

prove all things; hold fast that which is good;

Of course, the stimulus of the pathologic rage of Christians, is the cognitive dissonance, which is secondary to the conflicting verses in the Bible.

This condition is further complicated, by their intellectual dishonesty and arrogance.

This gang of derailer, are sample population of the Yahweh's children, who can't defend the contradiction in the words of their father.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is dangerous and only the retarded embrace it. People need to be aware .

Lol

Why are you an A-Theist ??

It has gotten to that point in our conversation again

That point when I wonder why I even bother undecided
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Therefore , the universe is eternal ?

I mean what other possibility is left ? See how you spoilt show for yourself . Finally the truth has been discovered .

Mister mister

Mr eternal universe . grin

Oya Oya Now produce the scientific evidence backing this belief or else you are seriously deluded . Let's have fun sir . Let's go !

False dichotomy from your side. It is not God or nothing. The universe could be eternal. No scientist knows that. It could be created, no scientist knows that as well. The nature of what created the universe even if it were created is UNKNOWN. When I talk about God am talking about Yahweh, Allah, Brahama, Odin etc. Non of these Gods created the universe. Unless if you want to run and hide behind the unknown and undefined desitic concept of God to run away .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is not philosophical position so there are no constructional elements that constitute atheism . So claiming that atheists are strongly against brainwashing and obscurantism is ludicrous . Where did you get that from grin . What do you guys smoke before you argue ? undecided

What "constructional elements" (just borrowing your own phrase) leads most atheists out of religion, if not the escape from brainwashing and religious propaganda like the ones your creationist friends peddle, and utilization of the tools of critical thinking which religion stifles? Are you disputing the fact that atheists preach about the usefulness of these three elements?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

These guys whose names you dropped didn't write the bible. They didn't know the intention of the people that wrote those creation myth. That is if it was meant to be taken literally or not. There is no where inside the bible that sas or suggest that the creation myth isn't to be taken literally. Many young earth creationist even here on nairaland give it a literal 6 day interpretation why are they wrong? What is the true position of Yahweh on creation? Does he want prole to believe in what he told people to write in the bible or not? You can ask him.that as well since you claim to communicate with him.

Magicians by definition are tricksters that use tricks to beguile those they entertain. God on the other hand is said to want people to KNOW that he alone created the earth and everything. He is interested in people knowing. Your God even gave a failed attempt of how the universe came about in the book of genesis, because he wants people to know.

You can't compare magicians that want to conceal the tricks they employ witha God that is said to want people to know that he alone created everything.

Communicte with your God already and tell us how he create the earth so that we will know that he alone created it or just accept that you are delusional.

You are throwing the same questions back at me sir . Your questions were well answered . Allegory ? The bible is filled with allegories which apparently the creation story is one of them . Why God isn't revealing all things ? Because anything unknown or mysterious draws our interest and excites our minds . If God or His works were an open book I strongly doubt we would show interest towards unraveling the mystery behind the existence of God (Asiety) or His works ( Science ) . We are totally riveted with discoveries in nature and studying the nature of God's being because these are enigmas . What is wrong with this response sir ?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

False dichotomy from your side. It is not God or nothing. The universe could be eternal. No scientist knows that. It could be created, no scientist knows that as well.

shocked

I reiterated on this thread that an eternal universe does not preclude the existence of God explaining how: https://www.nairaland.com/3728578/six-extremely-ridiculous-beliefs-atheists

Now you claim that I said God or nothing ? Wow ! I've always said that It is God , nothing or an eternal universe without God (bearing in mind that some theists claim the eternal universe is as eternal as God )

The nature of what created the universe even if it were created is UNKNOWN. When I talk about God am talking about Yahweh, Allah, Brahama, Odin etc. Non of these a gods created the universe. Unless if you want to run and hide behind the unknown and undefined desitic concept of God to run away .

We've argued this ad nauseum . I strongly believe you know the germane response to this .
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:
It takes one to know one.

you just killed me grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:

What "constructional elements" (just borrowing your own phrase) leads most atheists out of religion, if not the escape from brainwashing and religious propaganda like the ones your creationist friends peddle, and utilization of the tools of critical thinking which religion stifles? Are you disputing the fact that atheists preach about the usefulness of these three elements?

Now I'm getting bored of playing this game .

Please I implore you to peruse this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

There are religious atheists , there are atheists who support Intelligent Design (Raelism) and there are atheists who are superstitious . And there are people who acknowledge the existence of God while repudiating religious concepts of God (Deism)

You have so much to learn but I'm happy you are learning already .
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Lol

It has gotten to that point in our conversation again

That point when I wonder why I even bother undecided

Bye bye cheesy
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You are throwing the same questions back at me sir . Your questions were well answered . Allegory ? The bible is filled with allegories which apparently the creation story is one of them . Why God isn't revealing all things ? Because anything unknown or mysterious draws our interest and excites our minds . If God or His works were an open book I strongly doubt we would show interest towards unraveling the mystery behind the existence of God (Asiety) or His works ( Science ) . We are totally riveted with discoveries in nature and studying the nature of God's being because these are enigmas . What is wrong with this response sir ?

The creation story isn't an allegory because many christians don't see it that way. What criteria is used know if something is an allegory or not?

God is said to want people to KNOW that he created the universe. It is not said that he wants people to unravel anything. It is said that he wants people to KNOW and it is important to him that people know. Humans have made a lot of discoveries about nature on their own and they haven't found anything pointing to any God anywhere. If God doesn't want people to know about how he created the universe he wouldn't have attempted to even talk about it in the bible for example.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

Do really strive to understand, the difference between scientific propositions and atheistic views?

What is the atheistic views? (I know the scientific propositions)
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by AgentOfAllah: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

forgotten your discourse with deepsight ?
Nope, but you clearly have! Please revisit the thread again, to remind yourself that I said nothing of the sort.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

What is the atheistic views? (I know the scientific propositions)

onyenze123:

I am a deist.

I seriously wonder what concerns a "deist" with a question thrown at "Christians"
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
I doubt I have ever claimed that the "universe came from nothing". I don't even know what "nothing" means. Nor do I know what Laurence Krauss' views are on the subject matter, so it is curious how you've come to infer that I "tacitly" endorse his supposed view of the origins of the universe.

KingEbukasBlog have you been caught lying? grin
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Lol

Guy are you still a Christian? cheesy

He has joined deism. I have got a new member grin
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

He has joined deism. I have got a new member grin

Unfortunately, he is still confused
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
johnydon22:

what makes a God?

Is a thing God because it created the universe or is God still God whether or not it created the universe?

Very interesting questions. This is what I've always wanted to ask KingEbukasBlog.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

KingEbukasBlog have you been caught lying? grin

I may have misconstrued his arguments . AgentofAllah , if you were not arguing for a universe that came from nothing , what were you arguing for ?And where do you stand ? Please be clear not like Kay17 who is always evasive.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

Very interesting questions. This is what I've always wanted to ask KingEbukasBlog.

God : The extremely powerful uncaused necessarily existing non-contingent non physical immaterial eternal being who created the universe and everything in it . Created in the sense the universe relies on God's existence for its existence .

Are we clear now ?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

And your puny god sits back and watches

Let that sink in undecided

Ha!

Take it easy bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! / Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.