Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? (9595 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 7:18am On Apr 25, 2017
1 Thessalonians 5:21(BBE)

Let all things be tested; keep to what is good;

1 Thessalonians 5:21(KJV)

prove all things; hold fast that which is good;

Of course, the stimulus of the pathologic rage of Christians, is the cognitive dissonance, which is secondary to the conflicting verses in the Bible.

This condition is further complicated, by their intellectual dishonesty and arrogance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2017
even Elijah in the Hole-ly BuyBull demanded proof of Baal from the prophets and mocked them when they couldn't prove the existence of Baal; he then went ahead and killed all the prophets

I'll wager there'll be a Whooping, staggering and mind boggling 0 (zero) Christians left alive if we do the same for them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 25, 2017
Even atheists rage when Christians demand proof.

You say "the universe came from nothing", prove it
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

Do really strive to understand, the difference between scientific propositions and atheistic views?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2017
They rave because their cherished beliefs are being threatened. They rave because they have been so emotionally invested into their belief system which informs their behaviors and actions, and plays a huge consolatory, inspiratory and motivational role in their lives, and any attempt by anyone to examine these beliefs, as if trying to prove it's untenability is perceived as a violation of their happiness and sensibilities.

They also rave because they are humans and as such express the all too human tendency to become offended when their sense of reasoning is being called into question. Because if you subscribe tenaciously to ideas that are wrong, especially if you have subscribed to these ideas for years, it says a lot about how much of an intelligent and reasonable person you are.

They also rave because you are questioning and challenging the supremacy of their god. Everyone wants people to respect and accord reverence to things they they respect and venerate, and if someone says something that does the opposite of this, they are bound to get angry.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 8:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:
They rave because their cherished beliefs are being threatened. They rave because they have been so emotionally invested into their belief system which informs their behaviors and actions, and plays a huge consolatory, inspiratory and motivational role in their lives, and any attempt by anyone to examine these beliefs, as if trying to prove it's untenability is perceived as a violation of their happiness and sensibilities.

They also rave because they are humans and as such express the all too human tendency to become offended when their sense of reasoning is being called into question. Because if you subscribe tenaciously to ideas that are wrong, especially if you have subscribed to these ideas for years, it says a lot about how much of an intelligent and reasonable person you are.

They also rave because you are questioning and challenging the supremacy of their god. Everyone wants people to respect and accord reverence to things they they respect and venerate, and if someone says something that does the opposite of this, they are bound to get angry.

They get violent and wish you death for questioning their beliefs. That's why they label unbelief as a very bad and dangerous thing, while hailing belief and promoting it as a very excellent virtue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

Lmao . Something has to be within the purview of logic before evidence is demanded as buttress . The belief the universe came from nothing is absolutely ridiculous and illogical , hence no need for proof .

And atheists can be evasive . You can prove something does not exist or why it is impossible for it to exist . Example : I can prove this "ejkejnsdkds" does not exist in English Language .

Another thing : it is fallacious to conclude there is no God because you believe there is no evidence . Also , there are so many people who were once obstinate atheists but now are theists . What must have compelled them to accept the existence of God ? There is no evidence for God indeed grin
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

They get violent and wish you death for questioning their beliefs. That's why they label unbelief as a very bad and dangerous thing, while hailing belief and promoting it as a very excellent virtue.

SMH in over 200 million people killed by atheists over the past 100 years .
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

show us where atheism ever claimed the universe came from nothing

is there anyone ready to answer the OP? why do Christians rage when we demand for proof of their god's existence?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

show us where atheism ever claimed the universe came from nothing

Atheists believe the universe came from nothing . You can as well show us where Christianity tells you to rage when asked to prove God's existence .

You can David Albert's scathing review of Lawrence Krauss book "A Universe from Nothing " : http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/books/review/a-universe-from-nothing-by-lawrence-m-krauss.html
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao . Something has to be within the purview of logic before evidence is demanded as buttress . The belief the universe came from nothing is absolutely ridiculous and illogical , hence no need for proof .

And atheists can be evasive . You can prove something does not exist or why it is impossible for it to exist . Example : I can prove this "ejkejnsdkds" does not exist in English Language .

Another thing : it is fallacious to conclude there is no God because you believe there is no evidence . Also , there are so many people who were once obstinate atheists but now are theists . What must have compelled them to accept the existence of God ? There is no evidence for God indeed grin

Which God are you talking about? Zeus? Odin? Allah? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:11am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And your god that you claim exists created these atheists that killed these people knowing fully well they would kill these people even before they were created. And it sat back and watched and did nothing

smd

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists believe the universe came from nothing . You can as well show us where Christianity tells you to rage when asked to prove God's existence .

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/books/review/a-universe-from-nothing-by-lawrence-m-krauss.html

this is fallacy of composition

The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole

so if certain Christians think something is true, it must be true for Christianity as a whole

talk with a bit of sense abeg; Lawrence Krauss isn't "Atheism"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Which God are you talking about? Zeus? Odin? Allah? undecided

I'm talking about the causally potent conscious entity that caused the existence of the universe . You can give IT whatever religious name or appellation you want , that's your business sir
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:14am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You can David Albert's scathing review of Lawrence Krauss book "A Universe from Nothing " : http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/books/review/a-universe-from-nothing-by-lawrence-m-krauss.html

I am an atheist and I do not even care how the world came about. What is the usefulness of this information anyway?

Let us assume that your god created the earth, what is the benefit of this knowledge?

Does it stop millions of people from dying and suffering?

Has it cured any disease?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm talking about the causally potent conscious entity that caused the existence of the universe . You can give IT whatever religious name or appellation you want , that's your business sir

Lol

Guy are you still a Christian? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is fallacy of composition

The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole

so if certain Christians think something is true, it must be true for Christianity as a whole

talk with a bit of sense abeg; Lawrence Krauss isn't "Atheism"

Ugh ! Another shallow thought from the usual . I said "atheists" not "atheism" . Atheists believe the universe came from nothing does not mean all atheists believe that . The logic behind my statement is : since atheists reject the existence of a creator then a universe from nothing fits properly into atheistic beliefs .
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Lol

he runs to deism for cover cuz the last time he argued for Christianity he spouted nonsense about "Jesus Portal" and "Preadamites"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 9:19am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Ugh ! Another shallow thought from the usual . I said "atheists" not "atheism" . Atheists believe the universe came from nothing does not mean all atheists believe that . The logic behind my statement is : since atheists reject the existence of a creator then a universe from nothing fits properly into atheistic beliefs .

then don't jump in with another tern when answering a question, you should know better

my question is "show us where atheism ever claimed the universe came from nothing"

your answer just tries to pull red herrings and straws

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

Lol

Yes sir cool . "He" is used when God is personified , "It" is used since God is not human or has any gender . I didn't use "IT" in a disparaging or pejorative way .
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It is sad that the same you that made this statement about atheism

KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is simply the belief there is no god . Atheists can believe in whatever they wish to believe outside god . There are atheist witches , religious atheists , atheists who are superstitious , atheists who believe in reincarnation , spirits , voodoo , juju . Atheists in Confucianism worship ancestral spirits .

Don't let the ignorant ones who dont understand what atheism means deceive you .

You can google all these especially atheism and witchcraft if you don't agree .

You can read more here :

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion#51614171

Can still go on to write that ignorant post up there is baffling

Apparently you are still into the business of half thinking issues

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yes sir cool . "He" is used when God is personified , "It" is used since God is not human or has any gender . I didn't use "IT" in a disparaging or pejorative way .

So at what point do we use "she" to describe your god

And since you are still Christian will you agree that Zeus is the real god as believed by the ancients Greeks or that Allah is the real god as believed by Muslims?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

I am an atheist and I do not even care how the world came about. What is the usefulness of this information anyway?
Let us assume that your god created the earth, what is the benefit of this knowledge?

If you are insouciant about God/godsthen you are an apatheist not an atheist .

Does it stop millions of people from dying and suffering?

Has it cured any disease?

Sir Hahn , these same questions you've been asking since you joined this forum . Na wa oo . I thought I gave you an answer here : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Theists on the other hand do not believe the world came from one god as you guys seems to have many gods that could possibly have created the earth

That is the height delusion and misinformation
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:26am On Apr 25, 2017
hahn:

It is sad that the same you that made this statement about atheism

Can still go on to write that ignorant post up there is baffling

Apparently you are still into the business of half thinking issues

If you don't know these simple things then you are not worthy to engage in this discussion with me . You can google whatever I've indited there to cure your ignorance smiley grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They were killed in the name of atheism?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is a very weak and inane argument. It just doesn't make any sense. Not only is your reply not even a suitable reply to this premise of the thread, it represents a deliberate and futile attempt to demonize atheists on the basis of some bland redundant argument that just shines a huge light on the ignorance and desperation of it's peddlers.

Hitler and Stalin didn't commit the crimes they committed because they were inspired by atheism or inspired to cleanse the world of theism. They did what they did for purely political reasons, and using their actions to define every atheist is utter folly.

Do you know how many people have been killed by religious folks in the past hundred years? Weren't majority of the allied countries and their generals during the world wars religious? But is any atheist using the fact that religious generals like the leaders of the Allied countries ordered the killings of millions of people as an argument against theism? Let's even rewind the clock. How about the crusades and inquisition that were endorsed and carried out by medieval Christians? Do you know how many people were tortured and killed? How often do you see Atheists use this as a valid argument against theism? What about the rampant cases of suicide bombing and mayhem that is currently ailing our world? Are the perpetrators of these acts atheists?

Your comment also show how ignorant you are about history. Hitler's hatred of the Jews was steeped in the already growing anti-semitism which in a lot of respects was influenced by the perception of Christians towards Jews as a heretical sect. Do you know that certain divisions of the church sanctioned and supported Hitler's elimination of the Jews? Hitler's main motivation for the holocaust which didn't just involve the carnage of Jews but other minorities, was primarily motivated by a eugenic belief in the purity of the German blood.

Educate yourself and stop spewing trash to further your views.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If you are insouciant about God/godsthen you are an apatheist not an atheist .

And this doesn't answer my question. I hope you remember the question. Please try and answer it

What is the benefit of the knowledge of how the world was created in the life of an ordinary human being?

Sir Hahn , these same questions you've been asking since you joined this forum . Na wa oo . I thought I gave you an answer here : https://www.nairaland.com/3504236/xenophanes-criticism-anthropomorphism-vs-triune

It is a yes or no answer. You don't need to direct me to your thread full of half thinking undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 9:29am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The belief the universe came from nothing is absolutely ridiculous and illogical , hence no need for proof .

The belief "a creator came from nothing, got super powers from nothing, created the universe" is absolutely logical.

Bravo!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Stewie101:

This is a very weak and inane argument. It just doesn't make any sense. Not only is your reply not even a suitable reply to this premise of the thread, it represents a deliberate and futile attempt to demonize atheists on the basis of some bland redundant argument that just shines a huge light on the ignorance and desperation of it's peddlers.

Hitler and Stalin didn't commit the crimes they committed because they were inspired by atheism or inspired to cleanse the world of theism. They did what they did for purely political reasons, and using their actions to define every atheist is utter folly.

Do you know how many people have been killed by religious folks in the past hundred years? Weren't majority of the allied countries and their generals during the world wars religious? But is any atheist using the fact that religious generals like the leaders of the Allied countries ordered the killings of millions of people as an argument against theism? Let's even rewind the clock. How about the crusades and inquisition that were endorsed and carried out by medieval Christians? Do you know how many people were tortured and killed? How often do you see Atheists use this as a valid argument against theism? What about the rampant cases of suicide bombing and mayhem that is currently ailing our world? Are the perpetrators of these acts atheists?

Your comment also show how ignorant you are about history. Hitler's hatred of the Jews was steeped in the already growing antisemitism which in a lot of respects was influenced by the perception of Christians towards Jews as a heretical sect? Do you know that certain divisions of the church sanctioned and supported Hitler's elimination of the Jews? Hitler's main motivation for the holocaust which didn't just involve carnage of Jews but other minorities, was primarily motivated by a eugenic belief in the purity of the German blood.

Educate yourself and stop spewing trash to further your views.

Mtcheew

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Just prove once and for all that a SINGLE ENTITY that is consious caused the universe or shut up. We are tired of your meaningless and empty drivel already. Your evidence that the universe was caused by a single entity is WHAT?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hahn(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If you don't know these simple things then you are not worthy to engage in this discussion with me . You can google whatever I've indited there to cure your ignorance smiley grin

Boring as usual

And you still have not answered the op

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.