Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? (9580 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God : The extremely powerful uncaused necessarily existing non-contingent non physical immaterial eternal being who created the universe and everything in it . Created in the sense the universe relies on God's existence for its existence .

Are we clear now ?

Yeah. I want to understand why your God must be non physical and immaterial?

How does the universe rely on God's existence for its own existence. How can we know this for sure?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
[
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

What is the atheistic views? (I know the scientific propositions)
Just follow the views of the rational minds here;
*Pastafarian
*CatfishBilly
*hahn
*Seun
*randomperson etc
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I seriously wonder what concerns a "deist" with a question thrown at "Christians"

"Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs?"

Why are atheists commenting on this thread then? grin

What concerns them with questions thrown at Christians?

BTW, my question is still pending....
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

Just follow the views of the rational minds here;

*Pastafarian

*CatfishBilly

*hahn

*Seun

*randomperson etc

agnostic?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
johnydon22:
Theism claims that God is an eternal being therefore it's existence does not need to be explained in terms of causality: but it also appeals to logic that there is no restrictions to the amount of eternal uncaused beings that can exist.

if one can exist then 2 can as well as 3 as well as billions of eternal things .

if you are to save a step and deny God the explanation of a cause then anybody can simply save that same step and deny a causality for the universe - there is no way that it works out for you.

one can also in the same way save a step and attribute every possible universe to an eternal multiverse within a hyper space. the possibilities are endless.

exempting the idea of God from causality does not solve the problem but rather postpones it, again as i have noticed in many theistic arguments God always seize to a person at some point and just becomes "The thing that created the universe"

which always leads me to ask

what makes a God?

Is a thing God because it created the universe or is God still God whether or not it created the universe?

God is source energy.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

Yeah. I want to understand why your God must be non physical and immaterial?

1. Because He is the creator of a finite physical and material world .

2. If God were to be material it would preclude Its omnipresence .

3. There is no such thing as an immutable material object . Anything material is subject to change as we clearly observe .

4 To preclude infinite regress which is illogical .

There are so many other reasons too

How does the universe rely on God's existence for its own existence. How can we know this for sure?

1. God is the best explanation why anything at all exists.

2. God is the best explanation of the applicability of mathematics to the physical world.

3. God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe for intelligent life.

4 God is the best explanation for the origin of the universe

And these are on the basis that God is an eternal conscious unembodied mind

If you want me to expound these then we have to open a new thread .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
onyenze123:

God is source energy.

God is not energy or conscious energy as I once thought . Energy was created by God .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by CatfishBilly: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Because He is the creator of a finite physical and material world .

2. If God were to be material it would preclude Its omnipresence .

3. There is no such thing as an immutable material object . Anything material is subject to change as we clearly observe .

4 To preclude infinite regress which is illogical .

There are so many other reasons too

1. God is the best explanation why anything at all exists.

2. God is the best explanation of the applicability of mathematics to the physical world.

3. God is the best explanation of the fine-tuning of the universe for intelligent life.

4 God is the best explanation for the origin of the universe

And these are on the basis that God is an eternal conscious unembodied mind

If you want me to expound these then we have to open a new thread .
God of the gaps argument
Argumentum ad ignorantiam.
Now, where have I seen these before?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by CatfishBilly: 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I seriously wonder what concerns a "deist" with a question thrown at "Christians"
He's a deist that "believes" in the book of Genesis.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2017

Atheists vs Theists debates.

They don't end, they just keep going back and forth like ping pong.

I have come to discover that most atheists and theists on this section are not being honest.
You guys don't argue with open minds, you just do it for "who the hell knows why"

SMH for y'all.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God is not energy or conscious energy as I once thought . Energy was created by God .

So energy can be created?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

He's a deist that "believes" in the book of Genesis.

keep being mischievous grin

You go soon jam
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
mrmrmister:

Atheists vs Theists debates.

They don't end, they just keep going back and forth like ping pong.

I have come to discover that most atheists and theists on this section are not being honest.
You guys don't argue with open minds, you just do it for "who the hell knows why"

SMH for y'all.

You will have to point out any intellectual dishonesty, from the atheists' posts, for your assertion to be taken serious.

We go on lengthy arguments with theists, because of the audience (who may be seeking clarification on issues being discussed).

We have this audience mind, to help them see how incoherent, illogical, nonsensical, and useless, the religious beliefs are.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

You will have to point out any intellectual dishonesty, from the atheists' posts, for your assertion to be taken serious.

I don't particularly care.

You guys can go on with your eternal debates.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

We go on lengthy arguments with theists, because of the audience (who may be seeking clarification on issues being discussed).

You go on arguments because of the audience, does this mean you feel you have all the answers?
Do you argue with "absolute certainty"?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
mrmrmister:

You go on arguments because of the audience, does this mean you feel you have all the answers?
Do you argue with "absolute certainty"?

I don't feel, i know what i discuss. I don't claim i have all the answers either.

Where are you getting this your distortions from Mr?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
mrmrmister:

I don't particularly care.

You guys can go on with your eternal debates.

You're conflicting yourself here. You don't care, yet you stray here, to make baseless allegation of intellectual dishonesty, against atheists.

Are you aware of your fingers and your neural connections?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

I don't feel, i know what i discuss. I don't claim i have all the answers either.

Where are you getting this your distortions from Mr?

I asked a simple question, I expect a simple "yes or no" answer.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:

You're conflicting yourself here. You don't care, yet you stray here, to make baseless allegation of intellectual dishonesty, against most atheists and theists (FIXED!!!!)

Are you aware of your fingers and your neural connections?

Are you aware of your eyes and your neural connections?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by AgentOfAllah: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I may have misconstrued his arguments . AgentofAllah , if you were not arguing for a universe that came from nothing , what were you arguing for ?And where do you stand ? Please be clear not like Kay17 who is always evasive.

I was arguing for a universe whose origin is so nebulous that it is practically impossible to know whence it originates using present models. The universe, for all we know, may need not have "originated" in the first place, instead transmuting from one state to another.

Presently, I don't find any theory compelling enough, so I stand nowhere on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by akintom(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
mrmrmister:

Are you aware of your eyes and your neural connections?
you must be a numb fraud, to have edited my post, without my consent.
I speak for myself as an atheist. Is that difficult for your assimilation?
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by mrmrmister: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
akintom:
you must be a numb fraud, to have edited my post, without my consent.

I speak for myself as an atheist. Is that difficult for your assimilation?

My post wasn't directed at you as an atheist, it was directed at "most athiests and theists"

You must be a numb fraud, to have made my post seem like an "allegation" against atheists only.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

God of the gaps argument

He said God is the best argument for why there is intelligent life in the universe. grin. The same universe that is completely out to destroy life. Life can not even survive outside space talk more of the universe as a whole.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by CatfishBilly: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

He said God is the best argument for why there is intelligent life in the universe. grin. The same universe that is completely out to destroy life. Life can not even survive outside space talk more of the universe as a whole.
He doesn't even realize it.
Does he even know that there are 5 proven mass extinction events on Earth?
Or they're are 190 impact craters of asteroids on earth?
If God kept us on Earth, why is he repeatedly trying to kill us?
Intelligent design my ass.
I'm starting to group KingEbukasBlog in the same category with Felix.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by orisa37: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
It's Righteous Anger.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by hopefulLandlord: 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
orisa37:
It's Righteous Anger.

but Elijah didn't get angry when his god was questioned, he proved his existence by calling fire from the sky
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

He doesn't even realize it.
Does he even know that there are 5 proven mass extinction events on Earth?
Or they're are 190 impact craters of asteroids on earth.
If God kept us on Earth, why is he repeatedly trying to kill us.
Intelligent design my ass.
I'm starting to group KingEbukasBlog in the same category with Felix.

grin. No. KingEbukasBlog is very bright and knowledgeable, he trolls a lot sometimes but he can't be grouped together with felixomor.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by felixomor: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
dalaman:

grin. No. KingEbukasBlog is very bright and knowledgeable, he trolls a lot sometimes but he can't be grouped together with felixomor.

See who is measuring knowledge, DALAMAN

LMAO grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by orisa37: 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
In Christ, it's Holy Ghost Fire. It doesn't burn but arrests The Spirit.
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
CatfishBilly:

God of the gaps argument

I just gave reasons to why God is the best explanation for the universes and yet you called it 'God of the gaps' ? Argument based on ignorance is a typical fallacy committed by the atheist . They conclude there is no God based on their belief that there is no evidence for God .

I've used an analogy about aliens and complex system discovered on a planet X to explain why it is rational to acknowledge the existence of God.

Now answer :

Is there evidence that science would answer all questions ?
Is your atheism based on a supposed absence of evidence for the existence of God
All are truths that exist supported by science ?
How would science prove the existence of God ?
What is the most compelling evidence of God that would make you recant your atheistic views and opinions ?
Define evidence .

Please let your response be perspicuous . Thanks
Re: Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? by dalaman: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
felixomor:

See who is measuring knowledge, DALAMAN

LMAO grin

E pain am. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? / Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! / Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.