Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

"David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React (64643 Views)

Apostle Suleman Clashes With South African Over Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort / "My Mother Was Arrested" - Stephanie Otobo Speaks From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
itsloba:

So what role/infuence did Constantine had on the roman catholic?
a very strong one. he influenced the first official cannon meeting (the meeting of Nicia), crushed all other factions of Christianity and basically empowered the popes to make their words law.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
itsloba:

So what role/infuence did Constantine had on the roman catholic?
Constantine issued the edict of toleration for christians, which prevent them from been presecuted.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
itsloba:

By saying catholics are you refering to Constantine and the council of nicia?
There were catholics even b4 constantine and nicea
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by mickeymimi: 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Published on Aug 22, 2015
Would you like to know if Rahab the harlot is a part of King David's genealogy; if so, this video is something you want to see. Download a Jewish timeline calendar if you'd like to do the math yourself.
What you're going to find is Nahshon son Salmon did marry a Rahab which was not referred to as a harlot. In older King James bibles, see Matthew 1:5 her name is actually spelled Rachab - clearly being a different person. But even if Rahab the harlot was alive, a woman 200+ years old could not give birth. If she did, it would be more note worthy than Sari giving birth to Isaac at 90.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9McFQeX_OM
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by itsloba: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
There were catholics even b4 constantine and nicea
History will have many tales. I believe the old testerment had been written and the its cannon completed even before the birth of Jesus Christ. And Catholic as a religion came into existence after the death of Jesus Christ not before as you stated earlier. The romans were pure pagan worshipers during the days of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the apostolic age(remember apostle pauls speech at Athens) and from what I've read, Constantine became a Christian convert and as a result of this, he looked for a way to unify the people of rome by proposing a single religion. Maybe you should send me a message on 07062923041.i have a book on the history of the church i can give you.
I remembered i once read that the catholic even looked for a way to present Jesus as a sinless and perfect man(because they believe he had a wife and kids).
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by dayus12(f): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2017
ismart:
NOT everything is in the bible. The 7 book of moses was removed because of the evil content.

Maybe you should mention another example,cos I don't know why you care to know the 'evil content' in the first place...
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25am On Apr 26, 2017
itsloba:

History will have many tales. I believe the old testerment had been written and the its cannon completed even before the birth of Jesus Christ.
not exactly, the hebrew old testament canon was made about 100AD
And Catholic as a religion came into existence after the death of Jesus Christ not before as you stated earlier. The romans were pure pagan worshipers during the days of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the apostolic age(remember apostle pauls speech at Athens) and from what I've read, Constantine became a Christian convert and as a result of this, he looked for a way to unify the people of rome by proposing a single religion. Maybe you should send me a message on 07062923041.
where did i write the bold? constantine grant christians freedom but there were already catholics even before he was born.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by ismart: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
dayus12:

Maybe you should mention another example,cos I don't know why you care to know the 'evil content' in the first place...
okay oo. Nice DP o.

1 Like

Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by BALLOSKI: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Jacksonville:

Mr logical. I've had enough. I think it's high time u make minding your business as ur ambition.. What's it with u people? Can't u just read d post and move on?. Must you exhibit your immature nature to prove nonsense points.

I chose to ignore mentions and I won't reply another, not from you. This will seal it for today. bye, I won't be replying .
if you don't want people to reply, don't post nonsense here. Hope you learn.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by petra1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jaideyone:
you are the Olodo. before you quote me next time be sure to get your facts right. the early man never thought of farming. why farm when humans were few and there were too many fruits to scavenge? women have been trading sex for favour since the beginning of humanity. rid yourself of ignorance before you come online to insult others

Genesis 3:23
23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

Sorry you're not olodo . You're OLODORABATA
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Jaideyone(m): 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
petra1:

Genesis 3:23
23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

Sorry you're not olodo . You're OLODORABATA

lol as usual all you want to do is quote the bible. the bible is far from accurate. it has been scientifically proven that it's in the nature of man and animals to trade sex for favours. monkeys trade sex for food. lionesses give sex for protection. humans started trading sex for favour while still scavenging for fruits. since I'm more scientifically inclined you are the Olodo rabata.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Joagbaje(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
LordOfNaira:

The Rahab that married Salmon and gave birth to Boaz is different from Rahab the prostitute. Rahab the prostitute was believed to have married Joshua after she converted to Judaism.

Moreover, you didn't even understand the Bible verse you quoted.

IT's the same Rahab . Rahab marrying Joshua is a big lie
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by petra1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol as usual all you want to do is quote the Bible. the bible is far from accurate.

The Bible is most accurate except for Olodos who don't know it and never care to understand it . You should rather be asking me questions about the Bible .

it has been scientifically proven that it's in the nature of man and animals to trade sex for favours. monkeys trade sex for food. lionesses give sex for protection.

Lame excuse . Is that a profession are you animal?

humans started trading sex for favour while still scavenging for fruits

Eve is trading Sex with Adam . She's prostituting with her own husband ? Don't let primary children laugh you

since I'm more scientifically inclined you are the Olodo rabata.

Real scientists have descovered the acura y of the Bible . The Bible already recorded the earth as round while science claimed flat earth .
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Eldee54321(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
dayus12:

Don't believe 'the so called truth' that is not or in-line with the bible. Everything God want us to know is in the bible...

buh we are not told abt david's mother...buh according to the bible scholars...the said something abt his mother
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Jaideyone(m): 4:45am On Apr 28, 2017
petra1:

The Bible is most accurate except for Olodos who don't know it and never care to understand it . You should rather be asking me questions about the Bible .

Lame excuse . Is that a profession are you animal?

Eve is trading Sex with Adam . She's prostituting with her own husband ? Don't let primary children laugh you

Real scientists have descovered the acura y of the Bible . The Bible already recorded the earth as round while science claimed flat earth .
lol I'm a xtian too but the bible didn't tell us he Cain and the children even got their wives. in fact you goofed because bible scholars believe tailoring is the oldest profession. the cloth was first made with the skin of animals. so if I want to be totally religious and unscientific like you then the right answer is tailoring. oya talk another thing. Olodo grin
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by aigboeben(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2017
Sanchez01:
The mother of David was Nitzevet, from the tribe of Judah,and from the lineage of the kings of Judah. David had two half-sisters (1 Chron. 2:13-16), and their father was not Jesse but Nahash (2 Sam. 17:25, 2 Sam. 10:2) who was an Ammonite king (1 Sam. 11:1; 1 Sam. 12:12). David’s mother might have been a second wife of Jesse. Perhaps the first wife of Jesse was considered superior to his second wife, because this would explain why David’s half brothers viewed themselves as superior to David and why David was not called before Samuel among the other sons – as he was possibly viewed as an illegitimate child (1 Sam. 16:11).

We can speculate further that perhaps David’s mother was not married to Jesse when she became pregnant, or maybe she was still the concubine of, or married to Nahash when she conceived David. Moreover, we can’t rule out that it might be as per this story, reminding us about Jacob and Leah + her sister Rachel. If this story is applicable, then Jesse is indeed David’s father without even knowing it due to a sneaky plan carried out by his wife, and David’s brothers would regard him as an illegitimate and hated son of their mother.

Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother’s children.— 19 Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.—21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

Suleiman just didn't understand the mystery before coming out. Nitzevet was never a harlot.
Great analysis without being biased.I like your use of the word SPECULATE.
Re: "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
There is a theological argument that King David's mother may be a concubine of Jesse.

Jesse would not present David when the prophet requested that God would like to see his children. It is possible that Jesse thought God wanted "legitimate sons" or he could just have thought God wanted grown ups.

David in his psalms said "In iniquity my mother conceived me" Some theologians have suggested David may be talking about the circumstances of his birth - but then David may just be talking about his nature of sin from birth.

Apostle Suleiman shouldn't have stated as fact an inconclusive theological matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.