Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House (5139 Views)

bugs / Lady Empties The House After Husband Sent Her Packing (Photos) / Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by emonkey(m): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
I have this situation of infestation by tiny brown ants and they are everywhere but more . Leave a bit of food on the table of kitchen and they soon cover it up. Annoying thing is that they find their way into chairs and beds and bite you painfully. Please suggest how I may completely eliminate these pests from my house. They can drive someone nuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by toseen7: 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
I think there is an entryway for ants in your kitchen, pls try as much as you can to locate and block it...
Get pesticides also, and pls use it carefully.

I hope it helps you.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by emonkey(m): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2017
It is a big house. Insecticide have been ineffective so far. Or maybe I am using the wrong insecticide . They are not only in the kitchen.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by sisisioge: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2017
Arrange to leave the house for them briefly after you must have dropped insecticide all around the house. My favoured is sni..per....works like magic.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Reenoj(f): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2017
You can put the back of cucumbers in the holes they come from. U won't see them again afterwards. It works like magic
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by ultrazone(m): 3:33am On Sep 19, 2017
wessd
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Casemiro(m): 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
Reenoj:
You can put the back of cucumbers in the holes they come from. U won't see them again afterwards. It works like magic

does this really works?

what chases them away from cucumber?

the smell or what?

I need explanations

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by frozen70(f): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2020
emonkey:
I have this situation of infestation by tiny brown ants and they are everywhere but more . Leave a bit of food on the table of kitchen and they soon cover it up. Annoying thing is that they find their way into chairs and beds and bite you painfully. Please suggest how I may completely eliminate these pests from my house. They can drive someone nuts.

Once the membership of that house will drop left overs every where, ants will be their guests

Keep the house clean and remove biscuits and other sugary things away from them
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Foodqueen(f): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2020
Saw this on WhatsApp.

Using Salt: Secret ways to get rid of rats in your house
opera.com
It is evident that rats are so dangerous to be in your dorms as they can cause so many diseases such as leptospirosis (Liver and Kidney damage) and Lassa fever. To kill and expel them from your home permanently, you only need salts and detergents.

1. To kill rats, (use salts + detergent + any food). Put in your cupboard or anywhere you detect rats.

2. To kill ants, (Use salts + detergent + water). Just spray it round your house or anywhere you see ants. The same thing works for cockroach.

3. To kill white ants (Ikan an), (Use salts + detergents + kerosene). Kerosene is used here to make it highly concentrated as the white ants are so stubborn.

These are all I have tested and confirmed. Please, apply all these out of reach of children.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Reenoj(f): 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Casemiro:

does this really works?

what chases them away from cucumber?

the smell or what?
It worked for me,I saw it online and tried it. I think its the smell.

I need explanations
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Reenoj(f): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
Casemiro I saw it online and tried it.it really worked for me.I think its the smell that drives them away.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Casemiro(m): 11:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
Reenoj:
Casemiro I saw it online and tried it.it really worked for me.I think its the smell that drives them away.

Alright.

thanks
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by ceeceeuwa: 5:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Reenoj:
What's casemiro?
Can you help with pics please!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Mizwisdom(f): 9:20am On Mar 30, 2020
Foodqueen:
Saw this on WhatsApp.

Using Salt: Secret ways to get rid of rats in your house
opera.com
It is evident that rats are so dangerous to be in your dorms as they can cause so many diseases such as leptospirosis (Liver and Kidney damage) and Lassa fever. To kill and expel them from your home permanently, you only need salts and detergents.

1. To kill rats, (use salts + detergent + any food). Put in your cupboard or anywhere you detect rats.

2. To kill ants, (Use salts + detergent + water). Just spray it round your house or anywhere you see ants. The same thing works for cockroach.

3. To kill white ants (Ikan an), (Use salts + detergents + kerosene). Kerosene is used here to make it highly concentrated as the white ants are so stubborn.

These are all I have tested and confirmed. Please, apply all these out of reach of children.

Interesting
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Casemiro(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
ceeceeuwa:
What's casemiro? Can you help with pics please!

Casemiro is the name of a canoe in France

tongue
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by ThothHermes: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ordinary ant na im you dey find advice lipsrsealed
Na wa o.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by ceeceeuwa: 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Casemiro:

Casemiro is the name of a canoe in France

tongue
tongue
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In The House by Sharonstone7719: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Fumigate the house.you won't see them again

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? / Wife Battering: Fg Recalls High Commissioner To Kenya / This Is Going On B/w A Married Woman And My Hubby (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.