Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) (26654 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Why Do We Have More Ladies In Churches Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Manuelcrc(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
mmsen:
He's against it because he wants all of the attention on himself.

Most of these pastors are overgrown children.

You amaze me... what attention does he seem to be looking for?

And...Please stop making generalizations.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by OlivetBen(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
FTC

now down to business

Christianity and churches in Nigeria is comdey

what could be more funny than a Nigerian believing the son of a Jewish folklore carpenter killed in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

do these people know that there are far more Muslims and Judaism adherents in Israel than there are Christians?

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism, 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian , and 1.7% Druze , with the remaining 4.0% belonging to minor faiths such as Samaritanism, Baha'iism or no religion

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

but a Nigerian read from a book and concluded that the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Goodluck Jonathan more than the people living with and around him because you read newspapers and check internet for news about him

just try to imagine how funny its gonna look if you travel to the US and see most Americans worshipping Murtala Mohammed, saying he died for them grin

every Nigerian Christian is a comedian tongue
Ur opinion though. But I want to tell u that u are wrong. The earlier u accept Christ as ur Lord and Savior the better for u.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by hopefulLandlord: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
OlivetBen:

Ur opinion though. But I want to tell u that u are wrong. The earlier u accept Christ as ur Lord and Savior the better for u.
what I wrote there is not an "opinion" it's a fact, why not point to the part that's "opinion"?
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by initiate: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
GOSHENDRAW:
Dearly beloved, we are glad to announce that from Monday 1st of May 2017, you can now watch Living By The Answer on DSTv channel 256 (Lagos Television)
Monday - Thursday (10:30pm - 11pm)
Fridays (7pm - 7:30pm)
From coast to coast to coast until there is no more coast to cover!
[b][/b][size=24pt][/size]

so good to hear this. was sad thing when dstv shut the other station down. pls spread the word
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Charlesdock(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
mmsen:

If I've sad something that is untrue then tell me what it is.

These pastors need the attention so that they can continue to bilk their congregants.

That is why it's so important for their members to be in church several times a week.
You're wrong bro. Not all of them. Am not a pastor and I am also against comedian performing on altars, as much as secular musicians aren't allowed too.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by mmsen: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Manuelcrc:

You amaze me... what attention does he seem to be looking for?

And...Please stop making generalizations.

He stands up in front of a congregation and speaks, probably for hours, like the other fools.

And then demands money for wasting the people's time.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by mmsen: 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
Charlesdock:
You're wrong bro. Not all of them. Am not a pastor and I am also against comedian performing on altars, as much as secular musicians aren't allowed too.

What if the comedian uses comedy to teach a valuable lesson? The best comedians are social commentators and teachers in disguise.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Charlesdock(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
mmsen:

What if the comedian uses comedy to teach a valuable lesson? The best comedians are social commentators and teachers in disguise.
It still isn't right on the church altar.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by mmsen: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Charlesdock:
It still isn't right on the church altar.

Of all the things that are wrong that happen in church this is minor.

The money hunting, prosperity gospel nonsense is much worse.

The acceptance of tithes from criminals is common place and is never spoken out against. Likewise the numerous 'thanksgivings' in which people donate funds sourced by way of immoral means.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by royalty18: 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
Yes sir. Like you always say, truth will either make you sad, mad or glad!. I am not surprised to see people's comments. Not everyone will agree with the truth, but unfortunately or rather fortunately there is nothing we can do against the truth!

Also, point of correction, Reverend Areogun is not a Lagos Pastor. He is the general overseer of the ministry.Like the clip was titled, he was on an apostolic visit to the Lagos church.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by BrickMan: 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
I see the comments of several people on this thread and I am not a little amazed at the display of ignorance and disrespect for Holy things.

Firstly let me say and affirm with Darol that he (Rev'd Areogun) is not just qualified to speak authoritatively on such subject because he is just a pastor rather because he has a proven integrity in the body of Christ in Nigeria and abroad and this you can check out for yourself. 34 years of faithful labour in the household of faith should make those who have dared to voice insult on him cover their faces in shame. It is just like someone calling your poor father a wretched man who as poor as he was toiled to see you through school. I guess you want to fight and fight to finish But this is not about defending Rev'd Areogun, it is about taking the side of the truth.

I am a believer, not a bigot! I stand with the truth of the scriptures and I stand to speak for that Truth knowing fully well that some Christians on this platform and in the world at large have either being compromised, hypnotized or whatever form of the Christian faith that was handed to you was the adulterated one.

You are not what you think you are. I give him the credit as the Man of God that said the equation of the life of a man is not 2+2=4 rather 2+x=Answer where x is/are the spirit forces working for or against that man. Simply said, your results in life are not the direct results of your efforts but there is a determinant that though unseen; yet determines the overall outcome of every input you make into life.

That said, that there is the fake of a product, that is enough proof that the original does exists. Nigerians have been known to commonise the Holy and hold sacred the common. If I will speak the language of John the Baptist, "you generations of Vipers". Why you celebrate people of no or low moral values, you denigrate men of God with reckless abandon. Have a comedian ply his trade while an Immam is preaching or spread his wares in any Mosque in the North or walk with tight pants into Ogun Shrine to make the Priest feel hilarious. go try that and see what becomes of you.

I make bold to say, that the docility of some "Men of God", ignorance of many who knew not their God and the compromise of others who have turned church to a continuation of their orgies and lasciviousness have given away the Holiness of God on some pulpits. God is all too merciful and then do we take that for granted? And much more the neutrality of many believers who take a stand on the wall at all times when the faith their fathers defended with their lives were being tarnished in their very eyes.

Jesus in Mat 21:13, Mark 11:17 and luke 19:46 said "my house shall be called the house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves" What makes you think Church is for entertainment? Is it because Pastors can no longer preach life changing messages or demonstrate the power of God that we now resort to mere entertainment? Entertainment is good on it's own but not when the Pillar of Truth is peddling it. Are those not what had reduced the demonstration of the power of God in the church?

There is a light side of God, and you can see that in the many times the scriptures records God instructing his people to rejoice but then God is
a serious God. Do we assume that the God of the new testament is different from the God of the Old testament? You better do not! Read Acts of Apostle chapter 5? How the Holy Spirit demonstrated God's anger on Ananias and Saphira? But when that was done, there was great demonstrations of the miraculous power of God. Truth is when Pastors do not teach their members well and have them coming to church to look for entertainment, then they are priming them for a dangerous experience with God. Without meaning any insult on any religion or religious affiliation, there is authentic anointing. A thief can be stealing in churches and nothing is happening, you only need to do that in a church where the Man of God have walked in unstained integrity with God and had honured the terms of his calling before God and you will be a sad story.

If you as a believer go to church wondering why you are bored, two things might have happened

1, Your spirit is either to covered in dross and far from God that you are in no way able to tune in to a spiritual atmosphere or
2. Your Pastor is not called or have forsaken his calling in pursuit of mundane things. he has not nurtured his anointing and his words are mere words and he no longer speak as God's spoke person or Oracle. Whichever is correct, you are wrong and in a wrong place. If in weeks of going to church, your conscience is not pricked for a sin un-confessed in your heart, a lifestyle that ridicules the name of the Lord who you claim to belong to, you are either deceiving yourself or your Pastor is deceiving you. Either way you have nt known the God you claim to serve.

It is no 'bragadociousness' a boss once told me I will not resume to work on Monday and I said if I have not done anything to wrong him and he wold say that then he would not see Monday. I would never wish him evil, but he would dare not wish me that. The supremacy of the God of the Bible however is not demonstrated in all these things, it is rather in His capacity to love the unlovable that most of you and I are. You call a soul wretched and deserving to die and he said that soul deserved to be redeemed.

Everywhere you see half literate people screaming obscenities at Men of God because of uncalled Men that have enetered the pulpit and poluted it. But may I say to you, not all pulpits are like that. My counsel to everyone is that, if you will keep your mouth shut, do so but never you join a bandwagon about what you know nothing about. You remember the story of the High Priest and Paul? Acts 23:2-3? That Man did not last that year.

Lastly, my Father, Rev'd Olusola Areogun has only taken a stand many Fathers of the faith are shying from. If you do comedy on the Altar you will preach on, you have toned down the gravity of the message? Have you attended serious conferences beyond the shores of Nigeria? How many United Nations Deliberations do they bring comedians to? Even in the world, there is marked demarcation between entertainment and business? So why should Church be mixed with comedy. The bible you carry, where was it that God or any of the Major or Minor prophets how much more in the New Testament make deference to comedy or comedians. They are no different from the criers that Jesus sent all packing before he ministered to Jairus daughter. They make light the things of God and the anointing. Any Pastor that has a message to preach from God to his people and that is not an entertainer but a preacher of the gospel will relate with this.
How then has Comedy solved the complex spiritual problems of the people It is a fast and witty replacement for the absence of the miraculous. Do we not see the members of such churches going to living churches who still have a candlestick in heaven for real life solution and godly counsels to life problems.

In conclusion, do you agree that any Pastor who does not preach from the writings of Paul is evidently not a genuine man of God of the new testament? Now, the model of all preachers from the new testament to date Paul the Apostle, said in 1 Cor 2:4, " and my speech and preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in the demonstration of the spirit and of power" It goes then to mean that once the demonstration of the spirit and of power is not there, we make do with ...

Decide which side you are On, YOU>>>
I submit my case.

4 Likes

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Charlesdock(m): 2:51am On Apr 27, 2017
mmsen:

Of all the things that are wrong that happen in church this is minor.

The money hunting, prosperity gospel nonsense is much worse.

The acceptance of tithes from criminals is common place and is never spoken out against. Likewise the numerous 'thanksgivings' in which people donate funds sourced by way of immoral means.
They are all wrong
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by mmsen: 9:25am On Apr 27, 2017
Charlesdock:
They are all wrong

The examples that I gave are much worse and yet far more common place than comedians speaking in church.

Besides, what's the difference between a comedian spreading a message via telling jokes and a pastor who makes up stories to justify his dogma?

If anything the former is more noble.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by MOSICATED5(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Khaliyah:

Baba God gave us the power of ideas and the power to make things out of this idea. Do u know that's God laughs? "Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh" if our heavenly fathers laugh in His throne why can't we laugh at His house?
Comedians just gat to mindful of their joke not them stoping to minister in churches
God laughs at human humor? So the human controls God? What do u mean by ministering I'm comedy?
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by MOSICATED5(m): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
AmoloPatrick:

U want a scriptural backing check the book of psalm 2 vs 4 the bible says he that sit in the heavens shall laugh...... Now abeg who would make them laugh if not we comedians
so God laughs at human humor, u obviously don't know the ways of God
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Marxv: 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
FTC

now down to business

Christianity and churches in Nigeria is comdey

what could be more funny than a Nigerian believing the son of a Jewish folklore carpenter killed in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

do these people know that there are far more Muslims and Judaism adherents in Israel than there are Christians?

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism, 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian , and 1.7% Druze , with the remaining 4.0% belonging to minor faiths such as Samaritanism, Baha'iism or no religion

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

but a Nigerian read from a book and concluded that the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Goodluck Jonathan more than the people living with and around him because you read newspapers and check internet for news about him

just try to imagine how funny its gonna look if you travel to the US and see most Americans worshipping Murtala Mohammed, saying he died for them grin

every Nigerian Christian is a comedian tongue

Park one side, the fact that u r not a christian shud nt mk u to disparage other pple's belief. Keep to ur lane and enjoy ur own belief..Leave us alone. We no wht we believe and is helping us.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Khaliyah(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
MOSICATED5:
God laughs at human humor? So the human controls God? What do u mean by ministering I'm comedy?
Firstly Sure He does! Where else would we get ours,
since we are made in His image, and a sense of humor is such a
delightful gift? I remember listening to one Adeboyes message That he spoke about his conversion with God that he God laughed when they were speaking.
Secondly humans don't control God but u can do things that ll move him to action.
Thirdly when it comes to the things of God it's not regarded as performance but as ministration, pastors ministers in word, choir esters in music, even ushers in their services Are ministering likewise anything else in the house of God. bless u
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by AmoloPatrick(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
MOSICATED5:
so God laughs at human humor, u obviously don't know the ways of God
U tell me, shey u know d ways of God better.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by MOSICATED5(m): 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Khaliyah:

Firstly Sure He does! Where else would we get ours,
since we are made in His image, and a sense of humor is such a
delightful gift? I remember listening to one Adeboyes message That he spoke about his conversion with God that he God laughed when they were speaking.
Secondly humans don't control God but u can do things that ll move him to action.
Thirdly when it comes to the things of God it's not regarded as performance but as ministration, pastors ministers in word, choir esters in music, even ushers in their services Are ministering likewise anything else in the house of God. bless u
well ur case pass me. I see where u belong. If u can believe the crap that Adeboye gist with ur god. Holy things for holy people. The church is dedicated for the worship of Almighty God and not a place to entertain with laughter. I also saw beauty peagent in church and some one like u said it cool. Theaters are for entertainment in dance, comedy, movies. Church is supposed to he for d worship of a Holy sinless God. Why will Christianity gain grounds when we make humor of it
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Khaliyah(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
MOSICATED5:
well ur case pass me. I see where u belong. If u can believe the crap that Adeboye gist with ur god. Holy things for holy people. The church is dedicated for the worship of Almighty God and not a place to entertain with laughter. I also saw beauty peagent in church and some one like u said it cool. Theaters are for entertainment in dance, comedy, movies. Church is supposed to he for d worship of a Holy sinless God. Why will Christianity gain grounds when we make humor of it
Humans are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). This means that the majority of our qualities somehow reflect God. Because of our sinful nature, however, certain of our qualities are skewed
misrepresentations of the true nature of God. For instance, intellect is part of the character of God, but we
can abuse intellect by making it into a god. Creativity is also part of the character of God, but we sometimes
use it to promote sin or evil. Our sense of humor also comes from God. If He did not have a sense of humor,
from where else would we get ours?
Proverbs 17:22 says, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Psalm 126:1-2 depicts God as the giver of laughter: "When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among
the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.'" Laughter and joy are seen as positives in the Bible. If
God had no sense of humor, this would not be the case.
I can see you the type that believe ur pastor is the most righteous of all, its obivious u dont have an intimate relationship with God if u can question someone having a conversation with God. Bless u
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by doyinbaby(f): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
There are some jokes you can not laugh at as a child of God
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by stamapro(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2017
doyinbaby:
There are some jokes you can not laugh at as a child of God
yep it wil amount 2 profanity
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by liftedhigh: 4:38pm On May 05, 2017
Hmm
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by peaceland(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2017
@goldiam, @darol4real, @lolipops, @compliance, @initiate, @BrickMan

Good day all,
I am glad to inform you that the May Edition of The Lagos Apostolic Ministration is here.
By the Grace of God - Rev Olusola Areogun will be ministering live in Lagos this coming Sunday.
VENUE: Etal Hotel & Hall, Plot 30, Kudirat Abiola Way, Opposite First Bank, Oregun - Ikeja
DATE: Sunday, 28TH May, 2017
TIME: 7 AM - 12 Noon
THEME: The Currency of Faith.
I invite you to come and hear the undiluted word of God LIVE.
Jesus is Real!!!, Come and Experience Him!!!.
Thank you.

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by lucky1960: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2020
MOSICATED5:
Thank you very much . I was shocked also when I saw "ministering in comedy".

I just pray it won't get to time that someone will say "i am ministering in zanku or lap dance or break dance"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pst. Kingsley Dismissed Claims That Jesus Is Against Divorced Persons Remarrying / A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven. / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.