Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) (26658 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Why Do We Have More Ladies In Churches Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Arewa12: 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
my Dear, you are missing somethings here rk post=55931690]

Can you be my daddy?! I can do anything you ask me to do to you kiss[/quote]
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
if you are talking about Pastors allowing politician to use their pulpit, is not my spiritual father.....Rev. Olusola Areogun
Icecomrade:

Pastor

Abeg go chill somewhere.

Comedians are the least people you should worry about.

I still remember during elections, your fellow pastors allow politicians to use your pulpit to campaign.

Even the Muslims wear their cap and climb your pulpit.

Which of the 2 is more insulting to God.

Abeg Park well

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by discreetwatch23(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
O boy... The last guy almost killed me.. Likening the messages of our men of God today to horror film.... Nice...
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by dammybabanla: 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
I respect this man, rev olusola areogun, one of the few true word teachers

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
he is not what you think of for you information......he is the only man of God i can proud of in Nigeria
mmsen:
He's against it because he wants all of the attention on himself.

Most of these pastors are overgrown children.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
the name of my father church is Dream Center of Life oasis international church. headquarters in Osogbo Osun State and Branches worldwide.......He is the Author of popular morning devotional guide "Spirit Meat" which is use in over 700+ cities in the world.
goldiam:
Finally found one of the few sane men of God still remaining in the Christendom.Where is his church located please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by AmoloPatrick(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
Olukolade1:
Good talk. Specially Apororo making jest of speaking in tongues after the taking of dry gin. Enough is a enough

Na u give m dry gin abi
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by peaceland(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
darol4real:
the name of my father church is Dream Center of Life oasis international church. headquarters in Osogbo Osun State and Branches worldwide.......He is the Author of popular morning devotional guide "Spirit Meat" which is use in over 700+ cities in the world.

Rev Olusola Ayodele Areogun is a father to many and I am proud to call him my father also.
In life; you will have many teachers but 1 father.
No matter how you look at it, what he has said is simply the truth.
Just that like the Holy Bible said in 2 Timothy 4:3 (NLT) "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear".
So based on above, I am not surprised one bit at those who are attacking the message and the messenger. Like it or not it remains the truth, which is very scarce this days.
Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by jakandeola(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
is true is wrong God help us cos why we joke with a thing like dis I hate comedy in church
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by anochuko01(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
softwerk:

Can you be my daddy?! I can do anything you ask me to do to you kiss
o you spirit of Tboss operating through this body, I cast you out in the name of Jesus Christ!!
you're free in Jesus name!
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by bayodaniel: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
goldiam:
Finally found one of the few sane men of God still remaining in the Christendom.Where is his church located please.

http://www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/branches
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Jidibia(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Icecomrade:

Pastor

Abeg go chill somewhere.

Comedians are the least people you should worry about.

I still remember during elections, your fellow pastors allow politicians to use your pulpit to campaign.

Even the Muslims wear their cap and climb your pulpit.

Which of the 2 is more insulting to God.

Abeg Park well

Help me tell am abeg.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
my father (Re. Olusaola Areogun) said something years ago that, you can survive with wrong tailors and barbers but you can not survive with a wrong pastor.He is not just A pastor but Father to many sons and daughters of God that want to fulfill destiny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Wapizy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
Bible has said all jokers will go to hell period

1 Like

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by peaceland(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
goldiam:

His name: Rev Olusola Ayodele Areogun
Church Name: Life Oasis International Church (Dream Centre)
Headquarters: Osogbo (He is marking 34 years of yielding to the call this year)
Branches in Lagos: over 7 and counting
can check for more information on : lifeoasisinternationalchurch dot org
The short clip was taken from his Apostolic Ministration to Lagos region.
The next one (Lagos region) will be coming up in May.
I will make it a point of duty to let you know but be prepared for the 3rd Sunday in May (most likely)
Location is Ikeja-Oregun axis
GUARANTEED: he preaches and live only the truth, not worldly or swayed by men.
You can get more clips on youtube free.
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by lolipops(f): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
goldiam:
peaceland:

Rev Olusola Ayodele Areogun is a father to many and I am proud to call him my father also.
In life; you will have many teachers but 1 father.
No matter how you look at it, what he has said is simply the truth.
Just that like the Holy Bible said in 2 Timothy 4:3 (NLT) "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear".
So based on above, I am not surprised one bit at those who are attacking the message and the messenger. Like it or not it remains the truth, which is very scarce this days.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by nellyelitz(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
The practice is very wrong
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Goke7: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
point of correction, Rev Areogun is not a Lagos Pastor as he is based in Osogbo and not in Lagos.

But am sure if rev areogun who I respect so much for his sound biblical teachings relocates to Lagos, he will have re-think on his stance.

Comedy has become a profession and a vibrant sector of the economy and its not child's play like before. Many of our comedians are christians and members of so many churches now. What is important is the content of their jokes which I think is what is bothering Rev Areogun
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by AmoloPatrick(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Its so annoying hear so called pastor speak like dis, making we comedian look like sinners and God a sadist. A Child of God blessed with the gift to make ppl laugh shouldn't b allowed

Oga Ade ur own too much. Dey shouldn't b allowed in church OK I see the club house is better. But when dey bring tithe and offering you would accept. What I expected you to say as an educated fellow is that comedian be mindful of ur joke materials(content) not condemning comics
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by gflames89(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
FTC

now down to business

Christianity and churches in Nigeria is comdey

what could be more funny than a Nigerian believing the son of a Jewish folklore carpenter killed in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

do these people know that there are far more Muslims and Judaism adherents in Israel than there are Christians?

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism, 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian , and 1.7% Druze , with the remaining 4.0% belonging to minor faiths such as Samaritanism, Baha'iism or no religion

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

but a Nigerian read from a book and concluded that the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Goodluck Jonathan more than the people living with and around him because you read newspapers and check internet for news about him

every Nigerian Christian is a comedian tongue
Na this kind topic you dey like, so u fit condemn we christians,we love you, keep it up. Nothing is gonna change us from loving christ. You found ur part why not follow it silently instead of wailing against christians er'day

1 Like

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
please they should change the topic to "Osogbo Based Pastor"
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
He is not an hungry pastor like other.....he doesn't take people tithe like other churches.....if you pay a million as a tithe, he will call you and question you.....that is my spiritual father
AmoloPatrick:
Its so annoying hear so called pastor speak like dis, making we comedian look like sinners and God a sadist. A Child of God blessed with the gift to make ppl laugh shouldn't b allowed

Oga Ade ur own too much. Dey shouldn't b allowed in church OK I see the club house is better. But when dey bring tithe and offering you would accept.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by hopefulLandlord: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
gflames89:

Na this kind topic you dey like, so u fit condemn we christians,we love you, keep it up. Nothing is gonna change us from loving christ. You found ur part why not follow it silently instead of wailing against christians er'day

you sound butthurt, take this form....

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by AmoloPatrick(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
darol4real:
He is not an hungry pastor like other.....he doesn't take people tithe like other churches.....if you pay a million as a tithe, he will call you and question you.....that is my spiritual father

Oga Ade make we hear word.
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by Khaliyah(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
Goke7:
point of correction, Rev Areogun is not a Lagos Pastor as he is based in Osogbo and not in Lagos.

But am sure if rev areogun who I respect so much for his sound biblical teachings relocates to Lagos, he will have re-think on his stance.

Comedy has become a profession and a vibrant sector of the economy and its not child's play like before. Many of our comedians are christians and members of so many churches now. What is important is the content of their jokes which I think is what is bothering Rev Areogun
I totally agree with u, comedians should be mindful of their jokes, but the idea of not giving them the privilege of using their talent is like chasing them to the world
Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by greatermax77(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
The pastors that invite them are like them. they are comedians too.
They lack holy spirit & also lack direction.
One can not get redemption through laughter.

1 Like

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by AmoloPatrick(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
greatermax77:
The pastors that invite them are like them. they are comedians too.
They lack holy spirit & also lack direction.
One can not get redemption through laughter.

1 Like

Re: Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) by POPVT: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
FTC

now down to business

Christianity and churches in Nigeria is comdey

what could be more funny than a Nigerian believing the son of a Jewish folklore carpenter killed in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

do these people know that there are far more Muslims and Judaism adherents in Israel than there are Christians?

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism, 16.9%
Muslim , 2.1% Christian , and 1.7% Druze , with the remaining 4.0% belonging to minor faiths such as Samaritanism, Baha'iism or no religion

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

but a Nigerian read from a book and concluded that the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Goodluck Jonathan more than the people living with and around him because you read newspapers and check internet for news about him

just try to imagine how funny its gonna sound if you travel to the US and see most Americans worshipping Murtala Mohammed, saying he died for them grin

every Nigerian Christian is a comedian tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven. / African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.