Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji (127505 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) / Twist Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Fshalom7(f): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks ma'am! You rock

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by murphymakun(m): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for the update ��

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by chefremy(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2017
I love this story from the first line...more funds to your account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Still waiting for updates

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:49am On Dec 16, 2017
TWIST OF FATE: #24

The sun was streaming into his room through the open curtains the next time he opened his eyes. He raised sleepy eyes to the wall clock. It was 7.45am.
‘Jesus Christ!' He jumped out of bed and looked around frantically. The little boy was not in bed. He picked up his t-shirt and ran out of his room. He followed the sound of voices to the kitchen.
Michael was finishing a cup of coco pops at the kitchen table when he walked in. He was fully dressed in his school Friday wear and his school and food bags were on the floor. He was chatting non-stop to Naomi who was just cleaning the kitchen sink.
‘Thank you, Mum. You are a lifesaver. Becky would have had my head this morning.' He breathed a sigh of relieve.
‘You are welcome.' Naomi grinned at him, even though her eyes were full of questions.
‘Good morning cupcake. Hope you slept well?' Joseph bent beside the little boy.
‘Good morning, Uncle Joe. Yes, I did.' He flung his arms around his neck in an affectionate hug. Joseph's throat constricted. ‘I like your mummy. Can I really call her Gran?' He whispered but Naomi heard him. She picked up her phone and took their pictures together.
‘Let me see it, gran. I love pictures.' Michael ran over to peek at the phone. Naomi grinned as she crouched for him to see the pictures of him and Joseph.
‘It is great. It is time for school or else you will be late.' Naomi picked up his school bag and put it on his back.
Joseph picked up his food bag and strolled out with his little hand tucked securely in his. ‘Are you taking me to school in your car, Uncle Joe?' He was asking excitedly as he hopped beside him.
Naomi didn't hear his response but she sighed as she stared down at the pictures.
‘Naomi, you have been sighing repeatedly and pretending to sleep. What is the problem?' Olayemi sat up in bed and turned on the bedside lamp. He stared at her back.
‘I'm sorry for keeping you awake.' She gave him an apologetic smile as she sat up too.
‘What is it?' He ignored her apologies. His look turned into confusion when she picked up her phone and flipped through her gallery.
‘What does this picture says to you?' She asked him when she gave him the phone. He stared at it in silence for several minutes.
‘I know what you are seeing but looks alone do not determine the paternity of a child.' He began tentatively, glancing at her.
‘Really?' She raised an eyebrow at him.
‘Well, it is part of it. Why are you worrying about it, dear? Time will take care of everything.' He pulled her into his embrace.
‘You don't get it, Ola mi. He is completely ignorant simply because he doesn't believe she will keep such a thing as a secret from him. This fragile relationship will break into pieces if he finds out by chance. I'm worried about both of them.' The worry was evidenced on her creased brow.
‘Quit worrying, Ife. There is nothing you can do about it. If they are meant to be, they will find their way to each other's heart.' He kissed her brow. ‘Don't interfere either. It is none of your business.' He warned mildly. She laughed and snuggled against him.
‘What exactly is going on, Joseph? Why have you been avoiding me?' Barbara placed her bag in the middle of his table and glared at him with a hand on her curved hips.
Joseph sighed inaudibly. He cursed the fate that had brought him to their Lagos branch this week. That fate was his father and canny Grannie. The motor parts assembling branch of the Coker's group of company was undergoing some internal issues. He studied mechanical engineering because he loved machines, especially cars. Olayemi was aware of this and had transferred him temporarily to the Lagos branch on automatic promotion to senior partner. The package has been too sweet to resist and his father knew it. Willy old man, he thought in weary resignation.
‘I'm sorry, sweet. I have been quite busy.' He looked at her with a boyish grin. He had met Barbara a few weeks before the attack on his life at a conference. It had been a short sizzling affair but he enjoyed her body and mind immensely. He still admired it in the clinging grey pants trouser and white silk shirt she wore. She was a junior executive in an advertising company.
‘Hmm. What happened to your face?' He could tell she was already forgiving him as he came to stand in front of his desk, her unique scent tantalizing his nostril.
‘I had an accident but I am fine now.' He grinned as he got to his feet and hoisted her unto his table. Her legs curled around his waist.
‘Aw! You didn't tell me. I would have come to visit and take care of you.' She pouted her small lips in disapproval and he placed a kiss on it.
‘I am sorry, dear.' He nuzzled her neck and hugged her against him.
‘Joseph, please can you go through this report for me?' The door opened abruptly as Elizabeth strode in without knocking. She gaped in absolute shock that rapidly turned to anger. She worked as personal assistant for the operation manager of the assembling plant.
‘How can I help you, Lizzy?' Joseph raised his head without releasing Barbara who was turned around in disapproval at the rude intrusion.
‘What the hell is going on here? Who is she by the way?' Elizabeth threw down the report on the office table and glared at her.
‘Who are you, madam secretary? Why did you think you can barge in here without knocking?' Barbara pushed away from Joseph and faced her squarely. Joseph looked from one to the other in absolute confusion.
‘This is my man. I knew him when he was nothing. You heard me right. Don't you dare think you can snatch him from me when he is all clean up and rich.Get the hell away from here and don't ever come back. You are a Useless gold digging bitch!' Elizabeth sneered at her, shoving aggressively into her face. He groaned as he covered his face.
‘Go and tell that story to punch. It will earn you some much-needed cash. You are nothing but a low life secretary who slept her way to become personal assistant. Will you get out of here before you lose your job?' Barbara told her scathingly.
‘Shut up! The two of you should shut up and get out of my life.' He ordered coldly. They both turned to gape at him in disbelieve.
‘Get out or I will call the security for you two.' He reached for the phone. Barbara hissed as she picked up her bag and strode out, almost colliding with some employees who were eavesdropping at the door.
‘Joseph, I am sorry.' Elizabeth began as she lingered in the doorway.
‘You disappoint me, Lizzy. Get out of my office and close the door.' He turned away from her. She looked miserable as she went back to her office.
‘I have never been so embarrassed and humiliated in my life.' Joseph mumbled as he navigated his way out of the airport traffic.
‘You are the ladies men.' Andrew roared with laughter at the miserable expression on his friend's face. It was his first trip out of the country, after his honeymoon vacation, making it the second time he would be leaving the country.
Joseph groaned loudly and refused to respond to the taunt.
‘Go and get married, young man. Marriage is sweet. I am talking from experience.' He teased as he slapped him on the back playfully.
‘Shut up. Is it because you are getting bleeped regularly? I still have the advantage of sampling different pussies.' He glared mockingly at her.
‘Different pussies come with different troubles. Stop playing around and stick to one. By the way, how is Becky's mum?' Andrew opened bottled water and drank deeply.
‘She is fine. She has been discharged and Michael has gone back home. I miss him dreadfully. I am suspecting mum missed him more. She kept giving me all these knowing looks. I just ignore her.' He shrugged ruefully.
‘She needs grandchildren, Joseph. Nothing is stopping you from giving her one. That reminds me. Bella is 3 months pregnant.' Andrew was nearly blushing as he grinned widely.
‘Congratulations, man. You are a sharpshooter. Damn, I am going to be a godfather.' Joseph grinned as he squeezed his kneecap affectionately.
‘Thank you. I can't wait to see and carry my baby. So what is happening between you and Becky?' Andrew gave him a solemn look.
‘I have located that bastard husband of hers. I have also implicated him, so I am sure the U.S government police will be over him any moment from now.' He smirked maliciously as he looked out the window. ‘I don't know how to persuade her to serve him a divorce letter though.' He sighed heavily.
‘I thought you said she has a friend called Rose who stayed in the U.K?' Andrew asked quietly. He nodded as he gave him a puzzled look. ‘Try and get in touch with her. I am sure she will be happy to help out. You may have to get in touch with Lizzy for her contact though.' Andrew suggested.
‘You are a genius, man. Getting her contact from Lizzy is easy as she is ready to do anything to get back into my good book. That girl is spoilt beyond redemption.' He shook his head in disgust.
Andrew laughed heartily.
‘Hello, babe. How is your mum's health?' Roseline asked over the phone.
‘She is much better. She has resumed at the shop and it keeps her mind off issues she has no business thinking about.' Rebecca gave a resigned sigh.
‘She will be fine. Don't worry about it. I have good news. Alex proposed to me last night.' Roseline held her breath as she waited for the news to penetrate her friend's brain. Alexander stone was a friend to both Roseline and Rebecca when they were in school of medicine. He was also her colleague in North Manchester hospital where they both worked presently. They had never seen eye to eye in anything. Their relationship was more like cat and dog but Rebecca had always suspected there was an attraction brewing somewhere between the two, hidden in the constant animosity that took place between them.
Rebecca gave a loud whoop as she got to her feet and screamed with excitement. Roseline burst into a hearty laughter.
‘I know it! I said it. The two of you were always bickering like two old women. Tell me you said yes before I come over to wring your neck.' Rebecca paused midway around the room.
‘Of course, I said yes. I love him. He is such an incurable flirt. Half of the nurses in the hospital are in love with him.' Rebecca could almost see the pout on her friend's face. She laughed till her side aches.
‘You are just jealous. How is it his fault that he is one gorgeous, smart and intelligent Doctor? Count yourself, lucky babe.' Rebecca grinned as she sat down on her bed.
‘I am lucky. He is also lucky to have me. The wedding is taking place in three months time. That will give you enough time to get your ass over here. You are my maid of honor.' Roseline enthused over the phone. Rebecca was silent for a while.
‘Rose, you know I will love to be there but I can't just afford it. I wish I can.' She said sadly. Roseline laughed softly.
‘Do you have a valid passport? If you don't, go and renew your passport. Get Michael a passport too because I need to meet that young man before he is overgrown. Leave every other thing to me, I will sort it out.' She grinned mysteriously.
‘Roseline, are you high on love or something? Do you know how much it will cost to get us to the U.K?' Rebecca got to her feet restlessly. How she longed to see her friend again, she rubbed longingly at her chest. Roseline laughed again.
‘I'm so high on love, dearie. I want you to get drunk on it again. By the way, have you heard anything from that snake husband of yours?' Roseline's voice changed abruptly. Rebecca sighed audibly.
‘No, I have not. I wish to serve him a divorce letter. I want to be free from him totally and completely. I want to live my life without feeling guilty. I have paid enough for this one mistake I made.' She rubbed her aching forehead.
‘Yes, you will be free because I know where the idiot is located in Houston. I will send you the address as soon as I end this call.' Roseline's heart soared with joy.
‘Roseline Smith, you are suddenly filled with secrets. Will you tell me what is going on or I have to force it out of your throat?' Rebecca threatened half-heartedly.
‘I want you to come here and beat me, Becky. I miss you. I want to see you again. You will be fine.' Roseline whispered solemnly. Rebecca's throat ached with tears.
‘Aunt Rose, Alex is here to see you.' She heard Caitlin's voice in the background.
‘Say hi to Alex for me. I will talk to you later. I love you, girl.' Rebecca kissed the air with a smile.
‘Love you right back. Later.' Roseline went off the phone.
Rebecca sat down and stared into space with a silly grin on her face.

For your online courses at affordable price, kindly visit https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal

9 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by DemiKOL(f): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
Welldone Ma'am.Great Update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
I love this

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by PricelessCharm(f): 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Interesting piece. Pls update.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Bestie93(m): 12:37am On Dec 21, 2017
More update pls... cool
Tnx for this one kiss

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
TWIST OF FATE: #25

‘This man keeps getting on my nerves. He just doesn't listen to simple reasoning.' Titilola stormed into Naomi's office and slumped unto the visitor's sofa in exasperation.
Naomi looked up from the novel she was reading and grinned at her step-daughter.
‘I am assuming you are referring to Kingsley Wright, my capable manager?' She teased lightly. Titilola scowled at her.
Kingsley Wright was a young man she used to know when she was selling provisions in a small shop at the new market. He worked as a driver/delivery guy for an upcoming detergent company. He was jovial and friendly and was able to persuade her to start ordering his company's products which turned out to be of high quality. She eventually learned he was a graduate, an orphan with two younger siblings he was responsible for. He was also a part-time marketer for the same company. This allowed him to earn extra cash for all the products he was able to sell on his own.

He was sitting at the reception of Tuyil pharmaceuticals, waiting for the opportunity to see the Human Resource manager and submit his resume. Naomi was on her way out, having just concluded a meeting with the head of Sales and Marketing unit, Mr. Arowosaye when she saw him. She recognized him immediately.
‘Kings, what are you doing here?' She smiled as she approached him.
‘Good afternoon ma'am. I came to submit my resume. My company downsized and I was affected.' He curtseyed with a warm smile. ‘You look good.' He added almost immediately. She laughed softly.
‘Thank you. Can you come with me now if you have the chance or you would rather come tomorrow?' She held out her card to him.
‘I will come with you if I won't be a bother. Thank you. God bless you.' He prayed fervently as he hurried after her.
She needed a store manager when they met and she employed him without looking at his resume. She had never regretted her action.

‘So what is the issue this time around?' Naomi asked with a smile.
‘I'm in charge of the ladies and children section. He won't even give me a free reign. He kept insisting I'm not experienced enough to handle the unit on my own. How dare he?' She glared at the door as if the man had just materialized.
‘Titi dear, you have to admit he is more experienced than you are. If you really want to know what this business is all about, you need humility and ability to control your emotions, no matter the situation.' Naomi told her quietly.
‘Are you on his side, mama mi?'Titilola's eye narrowed at her as she sat up in the chair. Naomi laughed softly.
‘Come here, girl.' She patted the space beside her on the love seat. Titilola stood up and went to sit down beside her grudgingly. She put her arms around her shoulders companionably.
‘If you want to be respected and appreciated for your effort, you have to earn it by being submissive, humble and even-tempered. When you do, you will have the opportunity to see your ideas and dreams come to reality without anyone questioning you.' Naomi looked down at her upturned face. Titilola sighed heavily and studied her fingers.
‘You are right, ma'am. I will try not to be a spoilt brat again.' She smiled ruefully as she glanced up at the older woman.
‘It is okay, dear. You are still learning. It is glad I am that a man is alive that can ruffle your feather apart from Joseph.' Naomi smiled at her.
‘He just gets on my nerves. Ruffle my feather ke? They never born that man oo.' She scowled as she got to her feet and flounced out of her office.
Naomi laughed heartily as she picked up her novel and continued from where she stopped.

Rebecca was settling into her seat with her sleepy super-excited kid beside her. She had tucked their hand luggage unto the space allocated to them and made sure they were sitting not too far from the toilet in case her son needed to ease himself.
‘When is the plane taking off, mum?' He asked excitedly, even as his voice was slurred with sleep.
‘We will be in the air any moment from now but I am sure you will be sleeping by then.' Rebecca grinned into his sleepy eyes. She was still pinching herself to be sure she wasn't dreaming. She promised to pin Roseline in a corner at the first opportunity and dragged every secret out of her.
True to her word, she had sent Ramsey's address in the U.S.A and arranged her travel plans. She was traveling in a business class cabin with her son to Manchester. She hadn't even flown in that cabin when her father was alive! An involuntary grin spread across her face.
‘I don't want to fall asleep.' He whined sleepily.
‘Sleep little one. The journey will be boring. When you wake up, we will be out of Nigeria.' She grinned down at him and he grinned back.
‘I love you, mum' He whispered as his eyes drifted closed.
‘I love you too, son.' She bent to kiss his cheek.
‘Please kiss me goodnight too.' A familiar voice teased from behind her. She stiffened slightly before she turned around and looked at the man standing beside her.
‘Joseph! What are you doing here?' She screamed before she covered her mouth when a few head turned to give her a disapproving look.
The plane lurched slightly as it started taxing down the runaway and he lurched forward slightly, careening into her.
‘Damn, I almost missed the flight. This week has been overwhelming. I'm so glad to get away.' He sighed as he held her away and spread his legs to balance himself. He stowed his hand luggage above them.
‘You are on vacation?' She asked curiously as she took her seat. He took the seat beside her and sighed.
‘Yes. I am going to enjoy every moment of it.' He vowed to himself. She laughed heartily.
They talked and laughed and were just dozing off when they had to disembark for the connecting flight. Michael slept throughout while Joseph carried him as they passed through immigration. Joseph put them in a taxi, paid the cab driver and sent them on their way. He took another taxi to his hotel room.
Michael woke up on their way to Roseline's apartment and peered out through the window in curiosity.
‘It is very cold.' He whispered into his mother's ear.
‘Yes, it is. We are no longer in Nigeria.' His mother smiled at him.
‘This is so cool. So we are going to see Aunt Roseline and her sister, Caitlin, right?' He pressed his face to the window, trying to take in all the sight at once.
‘That is right. We are almost there.' Rebecca brought out her cell phone and dialed a number.
‘I'm waiting outside the apartment.' Roseline's laughing voice cut through the phone.
The cab turned a corner and a blonde could be seen outside the tall blocks of the apartment, waving her hands up and down.
‘Ya friend‘s sure eager to see ya.' The cabman's amused voice reached her as he pulled up in front of the building, a few feet from the excited woman.
‘Yes, it has been a long time' Rebecca's English accent thickened but she was grinning widely. She threw the car door open and jumped out before the cabman could open it for her.
The two women flew into each other's arms and hugged tightly, rocking from side to side.
‘I miss you.' Roseline's voice ached with unshed tears but she was smiling.
‘I miss you more, my rose.' They disengaged and grinned foolishly at each other.
‘Com and take this little man out of the cold, young woman.' The cabman loaded their luggage on the sidewalk.
‘This must be Michael. Hi love.' Roseline scooped him up with a smile and followed the cabman into her apartment building while Rebecca followed behind with the hand luggage.

Joseph ran into Becky and Roseline in the shopping mall on his way from Coker office, London branch and got invited to the wedding formally. He was also invited to Alex's bachelor eve party. The eve party had gone extremely well, full of fun and dirty trick and women and lots of drinks to go around.
He returned to his hotel room at dawn to prepare for the wedding reception and party. He took a short nap, showered and dressed up before he drove over to Roseline's apartment in his rented car to see her before they moved to the church.
He mentioned his name to the security man on duty and was buzzed through to the apartment.
‘Hi, Uncle Joe.' Michael left the dining table where he was taking his breakfast to hug him exuberantly.
‘How are you, cupcake?' He lifted him up and dropped a kiss on his pouted lips.
‘I'm fine. That is Caitlin, Aunt Roseline's sister.' He scrambled down to pull the shy girl forward.
‘Hi.' The little girl flashed him a shy smile.
‘Hello, beautiful. How are you this morning?' He tugged playfully at her pigtail as he grinned down at her.
‘I am fine. How come you are fair in complexion? I thought Nigerian men are black.' She peered at him from beneath her blond eyebrow.
‘Well, we are blacks but not all of us have a black complexion in the literary sense.' He smiled at her, hoping she understood his answer.
‘Michael is fair too. He looks like you. Are you his father?' She asked curiously, looking from one to the other. Joseph felt a curious pang in his chest as he looked down at the little boy.
‘No, he is not my daddy. My daddy ran away from us. I am glad he is gone because he makes my mum cry in the night.' Michael shook his head vigorously in denial. Joseph's eyes narrowed in anger.
‘He made your mummy cry?' He asked in a casual voice. Michael nodded. Joseph swore beneath his voice. Caitlin stared at him in fascination, her young heart fluttering in her chest.
‘Are you going to protect Michael and Becky? I like both of them a lot.' She looked up at him with adoring eyes.
‘I will try my best. Go and finish your breakfast. I want to see the bride before she leaves for church.' He took their hands and led them back to the dining table.
‘She should be in her room with a couple of her friends, dressing up. We are waiting for Becky to come and dress us up for the church.' Caitlin informed him as she sat down.
‘Thank you, beautiful. I will be right back.' Joseph planted a kiss on her cheek and strolled away.
Caitlin blushed furiously as she raised her palms to her hot cheeks and Michael grinned at her.

Joseph moved towards the sound of muted voices but got confused as he stared down the corridor. He was standing, directly opposite a room while there was another one at the end of the corridor. Both doors were closed. He knocked gently on the first door, consistently before he eased the door open a crack. Becky came out of the bathroom, droplets of water running down her body and a towel around her middle. His mouth watered and his hormone started humming as he pushed the door open and stepped in.
‘Joseph, what are you doing here?' Rebecca nearly jumped out of her skin when she spotted him by the door.
‘I came to drop Roseline's gift before she leaves for the church.' His gaze openly caressed her from her face to her bare legs. Her feet curled on the warm rug and she held on to her towel with a hand unconsciously.
‘She is dressing up in the other room. I need to do the same so I can get the kids ready for church. Where is the gift?' She took an involuntary step backward, even as she held out her hand. He opened his blazers and brought out a box. It was a well-wrapped Cartier box of jewelry.
‘This is too much, Joseph.' Rebecca knew without opening the box that it contained a set of jewelry.
‘Please open it and let me know if she is going to like it.' He demanded anxiously as he closed the distance between them. She opened the wrap carefully and gasped at the set of diamond wrist-watch, earrings, and neck chain winking at her.
‘It is beautiful' she breathed fervently as she stared down at it before she looked up at him. He was staring at her mouth. ‘She will love it. Thank you.' She smiled at him. He heaved a visible sigh of relieve.
‘Thank God for that. You women are the most complicated creatures I ever come across.' He grinned as he stepped closer and cupped her cheek.
‘You are not serious. Get away from me.' She laughed lightly as she tried to move away. He took the box from her hand, snapped it close and threw it on the bed.
‘Let's get this out of the way.' His voice was husky as he kissed her fully on the lips. She stiffened briefly as she laid her hands on his chest to push him away. He rubbed his lips over hers, lightly till it softened beneath his.
She sighed inaudibly as she kissed him back. Her hands went around his neck and she pressed her body against his in total surrender. His tenuous hold on his control snapped as he kissed her greedily and hungrily, his hands all over her body.
He tugged at the towel and it slithered down her body. The awareness took rot in her mind and she tried to break the kiss.
He swept her up and laid her on the bed.
‘Becky, I miss you. You are beautiful.' He groaned as he licked her earlobe, the tip of his finger carving a map over her neck, throat and the curve of her breast. Her nipples tightened and she moaned involuntarily.
‘Becky, Are you ready?' There was a sharp knock on the door as Roseline's voice penetrated the fog of passion between them.
They both groaned collectively and went very still. Joseph buried his face in the curve of her throat and tried to still his pounding heartbeat.
‘I will be out in a moment.' Becky answered but her voice was husky and she coughed to clear it.
‘Please bring my box of veil when you are coming.' Roseline's voice receded as she walked away.
‘I need to get dressed for church.' She murmured quietly, He stared down at her face for several seconds before giving himself a mental shake.
‘Where will Caitlin stay when the couple leaves for honeymoon?' He asked quietly. She frowned in confusion.
‘I don't know. We were discussing it the other time. Roseline is her only relative. Her father's family doesn't care about her existence. I think they are thinking of canceling out the honeymoon plan if they can't think of anywhere for her to stay while they are away.' Her voice was sad as she looked away.
‘You don't want to take her with you? I am sure the honeymoon can't be more than two weeks.' He frowned at her. She sighed sadly.
‘I want to take her with me. I wish to but I can't afford it.' She glared briefly at him. He was silent for a while.
‘I don't know how fast her visa can be arranged. She can stay with you while I handle the bill. She can't be that much of a liability, right?' He teased lightly.
‘Are you sure?' Hope flared in her eyes.
‘Get dressed. The bride is waiting.' He grinned as he lifted himself up, picked up the gift and walked out without another word.
Rebecca exhaled slowly as she sat up in bed and reached slowly for her towel that was still on the rug. Her mind acknowledged the fact that they had nearly made love and her body craved for it desperately. She sighed longingly and started preparing for church.

For your online courses at affordable fee and learning at your convenient, kindly visit https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hello Peeps,

Compliments of the season to you all!

May it usher in glad tidings for us.

I look forward to your feedback as usual.

Thank you.

Cheers!
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by mismore(f): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nice update ma'am.
And Amen to your prayers!
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by lonesome501(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
thankz 4 those updates! looking 4ward for more
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by YINKS89(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
U doing great dear kip.it up.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by ayaobaidowu: 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
thanks for the update, God bless you... looking forward for the next update.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by heemah(f): 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
I'm so loving thiiiiisssss. Thanks for the update Ma'am
Still waiting for that moment when Joseph gets to know Michael is his son...
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by hidhrhis(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
nice update ma'am
English words can't explain how much I love dis ur story
keep up d good work bolape
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Bestie93(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
I'm seriously in love with this story....
Thanks for the timely update... kiss

Pls I want some more grin
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by divinehand2003(m): 2:10am On Dec 22, 2017
Merry Xmas to you my dear. Nice piece. We have been steadfastly waiting for the next episodes just like awaiting the popular tv series called ''Game of Thrones''. No dull moments at all. Keep up with the good job. I hope you will publish this write up someday. It will be successful.
Wishing you more power to your elbows as we move into 2018 together. God bless you. God bless the readers of this wonderful project. God bless all nairalanders too.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by PricelessCharm(f): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
Thanks 4 d update miss. Hungry 4 more

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Tobennz(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
Happy xmas in advance... I ve bin a silent ready 4 a while nw nd dis story is captivating... Pls wen can we get d nxt update?

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2017
Awezome

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 12:29am On Dec 23, 2017
This Awezome Writer Wants To Give Me Hypertension Loganj Oru

2 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by herosakin777(m): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
This is lovely compliment of the season to the best writer look forward to your updates as normal . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Tofarmz(f): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
nyc story

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Lordshola: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Op, thanks for d update and d compliment.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
Thank you. God bless you too.

I will surely publish it soon and will let you guys know when i do.

Do enjoy your holiday!
divinehand2003:
Merry Xmas to you my dear. Nice piece. We have been steadfastly waiting for the next episodes just like awaiting the popular tv series called ''Game of Thrones''. No dull moments at all. Keep up with the good job. I hope you will publish this write up someday. It will be successful.
Wishing you more power to your elbows as we move into 2018 together. God bless you. God bless the readers of this wonderful project. God bless all nairalanders too.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ebigbola(f): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
plz give us enuf Xmas update .kudos to ur work

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2017
Have been checking for update since the last one.The story is so dope & am craving for more.kudos to you for this tantalizing story. pls update.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
TWIST OF FATE: #26

‘I can't stop staring at this cold stones. They are so beautiful.' Rose stared down at the Cartier box of jewelry in her hand with undisguised pleasure. They just checked into their hotel room in the ancient part of Rome, in Italy for their honeymoon. She sat on the bed and admired the winking diamond stones.
‘I don't know why women always drool over jewelry, especially when it is very expensive.' Alex glared at her but couldn't help admiring it, even as it annoyed him immensely.
‘You are just jealous because you can't afford it.' She laughed softly as she snapped it shut and tucked it into her handbag.
‘The guy is sure loaded. It is a great pity I admire and like him a lot. I won't allow any man to buy jewelry for my wife in future. It is too risky.' He grumbled good-naturedly, even as a smile tugged at his lips. She elbowed him lightly.
‘He is very rich, Alexi. He sponsored Becky and Michael's trip down to the cab fare they took to my house. He also took on Caitlin without another thought. He used to be their family driver.' She shook her head at the irony of life. Alex sighed a little bit with envy.
‘He is one lucky dude. Is Becky aware he was the one who sponsored their trip?' Her new husband gave her a curious look but she ducked her head.
‘Not really. She thought we met for the first time at the mall. Well, that was the first time we were meeting physically but we have spoken several times before we met. He is truly crazy about Becky.' She sighed solemnly.
‘I am not surprised she is not aware. She strikes as a young woman with a great deal of pride and dignity. It may backfire when she finds out though. I hope you are ready for that?' He stretched out on the bed beside her, still fully clothed.
‘I will handle her when the time comes. She is crazy about Joseph but she finds it difficult to let go because of her husband. The idiot destroys her trust in men.' Rose hissed angrily.
‘Life happens to us all. She needs to step out on her faith and believe in men again.' Alex smiled ruefully as he closed his eyes. He was so tired.
‘You won't believe they almost made love in my room on my wedding day? I wanted to get my veil and shoes but wasn't sure where I kept them. I knocked and walked in but they were oblivious to my presence I left the room and called her name to get her attention.' She grinned down at him. He chuckled in amusement.
‘He is a sharp dude. Who is Michael's father by the way?' He opened his eyes to look at her and watched color rise in her cheeks.
‘It is Becky who can answer that question. She is a married woman and her husband….' Her voice trailed off at the warning look in her husband's eyes. He sat up in bed to face her.
‘You are playing with fire, Rose. If you truly love your friend, you will advise her to say the truth and let the poor guy know he is a father already. Damn, he loves that kid already. Why will you be keeping such information secret? It is obvious to anyone with a sight.' Alex's voice was low with anger.
‘I know. I'm sure she will do so at the first opportunity.' She made a mental note to approach the subject with Rebecca.
‘I hope so. Caitlin is having her first crush by the way. I hope she will be willing to come back when the time comes.' Alex teased as he nuzzled her neck.
‘Teenage crush is so pathetic. I can't believe I went through that stage in my life. She hangs on Joseph's words as if it is law. She has vowed she will marry a Nigerian man.' She groaned loudly but her eyes were dancing with amusement.
‘He is too good-looking for an African man.' He tucked his tongue in his cheek.
‘You are a damn racist, Alex.' She glared at him mockingly.
‘You are right. That is for buying my wife an expensive trinket.' He grinned at her.
‘You are such a clown. We need to visit Nigeria one of these days.' She cupped his cheek and kissed him fully on the mouth.
‘Anything you want, love.' He murmured huskily as he rubbed his lips against hers, sliding his hand into her sweater to caress her skin. She sighed contentedly.

‘Kingsley, Can I have your thought about the store sales so far?' Naomi sat back in her seat, ready to listen. The year was coming to an end and they just concluded an end-of-the-year meeting with the entire employees.
‘There was a significant increase in sales on a monthly basis. That is obvious from the monthly report. Of course, we can do better as I am already working on different strategies to get us to the next level.' He paused slightly.
‘What about the children and ladies section? It is relatively new, I know but do you think the units have potentials.' She frowned slightly.
‘Yes, it is new but sales have been coming been coming in steadily. Lola has been working her butt out to get that unit moving and she is making progress on daily basis. I need to give it to her. She is usually the first person to get in here to make sure everything is in order and doesn't leave until the last person has gone home. She hovered over every delivery like a mother hen and personally checked it out to ensure everything is in order. The women admired her and the kids love her. ' He stated in a matter of fact tone.
‘I'm glad to hear that. Please let me have the report before the close of the day. How are your siblings?' She asked with a smile.
‘They are doing very well. Our last girl is getting married in a two months time. I can't believe she has grown so much.' He shook his head in disbelieve as he got to his feet.
‘That is Jessica, right? Let me have the invitation card as soon as it is out. I need to see the beautiful bride.' She grinned at him.
‘Thank you, ma'am.' He curtseyed before he turned to leave the office.

‘When are you going home?' Titilola jumped at the voice. She looked up from the system and peered at him.
‘I will go very soon. I want to file our last order and placed a call to Margareta, the head of our clothing line in London. Has the store close?' She typed away on the laptop for several moments.
‘The store closed two hours ago. It is past eleven, Lola. Shut down and let's go home.' Kingsley strolled forward.
‘Wow! How time flies! Let me quickly complete this order and I will shut down.' Her mouth gaped open when he slammed shut her laptop and picked up her handbag.
‘Let's go home, Lola. It is late. You can continue whatever you are doing tomorrow.' He stared down at her.
‘What is your business with the time I go home, Kingsley? I may report to you but you have no right over my life.' She put her hand on her hips challengingly.
‘As your direct supervisor, I am ordering you to go home. We need healthy, well-rested employee to move the business forward. So may we go or I will have to carry you?' He raised an eyebrow at her. Her mouth opened and closed but no word came out as she stared at him.
‘How dare you, your egoistic idiot!' She found her voice at last.
‘Move your ass, Coker. We are running late.' He put his hand on the small of her back to propel her forward. He pulled her door closed as they move out.
‘Get your hand off me.' She hissed as she marched past him out of the eerily silent store.
Kingsley spoke briefly to the security guard on duty before he followed her to the main road.
‘Where is your car?' He asked quietly.
‘I didn't bring it today. I need to change the battery but I keep postponing it until it refuses to start this morning.' She shrugged and tried not to look scared. Everywhere was so quiet.
‘Today is Sunday. You know the way our town is. Get in, I will drop you.' He strolled towards his car and she followed behind him.
‘Thank you.' She looked down at her hands as he started the car.
‘You are welcome.' He moved unto the main road.
‘I apologize for my rudeness to you. It was uncalled for and you didn't deserve it.' She swallowed hard as she said stiffly. He gave her a glance and laughed ruefully.
‘Apologies accepted. Don't sweat it. Give me the direction to your house.' He smiled as she rattled off Naomi's residential address. She picked up her bag and felt her phone vibrating in it.
'20 missed calls? Joseph will have my hide. I am in trouble.' She exclaimed in horror as she stared at the phone. It rang again and she picked it up.
‘Where the hell are you? I am at the store. I was told you left with some guy.' Joseph's voice exploded in her ear. She winced slightly.
‘I'm sorry, Opemiposi. Kingsley gave me a ride. He is the store manager. We are home already.' She glanced apologetically at Kingsley who winked back. He pulled up in front of her house.
‘Go inside and give the phone to mum. I want to talk to her. She is waiting in the sitting room.' Joseph ended the call abruptly. She rolled her eyes in exasperation.
‘He wants to know if I am truly home. Thank you for the ride.' She jumped out of the car in a hurry.
‘I'm going to love meeting your brother. He is a smart guy.' Kingsley chuckled in amusement.
‘Go away. You are all the same, choking us with your macho protection.' She waved him away but she was smiling as she walked through the gate.
He waited till she disappeared into the compound before driving away.
He kept thinking about her as he prepared for bed that evening. You better don't get involved with the boss's daughter; he reprimanded himself as he closed his eyes and dropped off to sleep

‘Opemi wants to talk to you.' Her phone rang immediately she walked in. She rolled her eyes as she gave it to Naomi and flopped unto the seat beside her.
‘She is home. See you later, dear.' Naomi said quietly, listened and put an end to the call.
‘Why did you give us such a scare?' Naomi asked quietly.
‘I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was that late until Kingsley came to bully me out of the office. Forgive me.' She wound her arms around her waist and hugged tight. Naomi exhaled softly.
‘Don't ever do that again, Titi. Your dinner is in the kitchen.' Naomi got to her feet.
‘Thank you, mama.' She grinned at her as she headed for the kitchen.
‘Was it Kingsley who dropped you off?' Naomi turned to face her as an afterthought.
‘Yes. He was the one who dropped me at the gate. He annoyed me initially but I realized he was right.' She shrugged as she turned back and disappeared into the kitchen.
Naomi's lips turned up into a smile as she headed for her room.

The doorbell rang consistently. Rebecca cursed fervently as she stumbled from the bedroom and glared at the front door as if it was responsible for waking her up.
It was her off day. Her mother has already gone to her shop without waking her up. She had dropped the kids off at Joseph's place the previous evening so that she could spend the whole day, sleeping.
‘Who the hell is there?' She asked coldly, swaying on her feet.
‘Becky, open the door before I break it down.' It was Joseph. She hissed as she marched over and jerked the door open.
‘What the hell are you doing here?' She growled at him as she watched him walked past her into the house.
‘I woke you up. I'm sorry.' He smiled as he took in her rumpled appearance in shorts and camisole.
‘You have not answered my question. Where are the kids by the way?' She went to lie down on the longest sofa, with her big bum wriggling upward provocatively. His groin ached as he stared at her backside.
‘We went to meet a client this morning but the meeting didn't last as long as I expect, so I decided to check on you. The kids are with mother. I am sure she is taking them to Granny's place this afternoon. The Coker house has more space than ours. It also has a pool and other playthings. They will be fine. ' He went to sit beside her.
‘I hope your grandma will not mind? Who is the client you went to meet?' Her voice was slurred with sleep.
He chuckled richly. He will be damn if he will allow her to fall asleep in his presence.
‘I'm sure you are not interested in the detail right now.' He smiled as he ran his hand up her side under the camisole, feeling her soft skin.
‘Stop it please.' She wiggled and tried to jerk away. He stood up and flipped her onto her back.
‘Go away, Joseph. I need to sleep.' She mumbled as she forced her eyes open.
‘Hmmm. You look delicious.' He stretched beside her and nuzzled her neck. He lifted her camisole and caressed her bare breasts. She moaned.
‘That is my baby.' He crooned as his calloused thumb rubbed over nipples. It tightened and hardened into a pebble. Her arms went around his neck and they rolled unto the rug.
‘I want you.' Her voice came out in a whisper as he pulled the camisole over her head and flung it away.
‘Thank God.' He murmured fervently. They were over each other in a flash, tugging at clothes, caressing and kissing in between until they were both naked.
He straddled her and entered her in one smooth movement. They sighed in unison and it was a whirlwind passion which took them over the edge. Then they lay in each other‘s arms, sated for now.

Rebecca was snuggled in Joseph's arms, sated and contented. She was already dozing off when she heard the door opened and closed in the distance.
‘Becky, how dare you do this to me?' Elizabeth's shrieking voice jolted Becky out of her blissful state. She sat upright and stared at her sister.

For your online courses and studying at your convenience, kindly visit https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal.

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello Peeps,

Happy boxing day!

How many gifts have you boxed today? Lol!

Here is my Xmas update for you.

Hope you enjoy it?

I will expect your feedback as usual.

Cheers!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.