Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,508 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Mind-body Problem - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mind-body Problem (2657 Views)

How Do I Cleanse My Mind,body And Soul. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Mind-body Problem by mazaje(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2010
Deep Sight:

Thanks - here you have positively asserted that the brain is NOT the creature. . . the problem then rebounds on you to answer: what is the creature?

Have you ever heard of thought waves?

It comes into play in answering the question: what is the function of the brain? A tool for what. . .or who. . .?

It is said to be attached to the physical at the point of the base of the cerebellum. Shhh. . .na secret be that o.

What are you saying here? . . . .We know where the human "minds" resides, it resides in the brain. . . . Our memories, our personality, everything that "makes" us is contained within that Grey matter in our skulls, It controls all our voluntary and involuntary actions as mentioned by some one here and can be affected by changes to that same Grey matter. I have seen an elderly relative of a friend who slowly faded away over the space of about a 8 years thanks to Alzheimer's disease. How anyone can witness that and still delude themselves that there is such a thing as a "soul" utterly baffles me. Every scrap of evidence shows us that "minds" are contingent upon physical matter and energy. As others have asked where in the body does the soul reside? So far no body has ever detected any thing like the soul any where. . . . .
Re: Mind-body Problem by mazaje(m): 2:01am On Jan 10, 2010
toneyb:

Here is an interesting video from Mazaje's youtube mega list.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPn5dXfTvA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

QualiaSoup at his best as usual. . . . .He completely destroys the arguments of the dualist. . .
Re: Mind-body Problem by mediclife1987(m): 5:43am On Jul 03, 2023
undecided
Tudor6:

It seems long before 2097 mr easylogic has already predetermined/concluded the results of such an experiment. . . And aptly declared it a rigid example of how materialism cant explain everything. well done!!

Where do we ship your Nobel prize?

You're an extremely intelligent lady smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! / Protestant Sex Abuse Equals Or Exceeds Catholic Sex Abuse In The United States / Mary The New Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.