Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27422 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by yoruba: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2010
Apparently District 9 the Game is about to get released, they say the gamer will get the opportunity shoot and kill Nigerians. Apparently Sony is the distributor, and I'm thinking to my self the Americans will surely love this, 
by who's standard
International standards http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2009/06/22/the_2009_failed_states_index
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Mpele(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2010
yeah! the game is gonna be out in Feb! The movie is South African production, but the game is developed by the Amerians! Gonna enjoy shooting those Nigerians grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by honeric01(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
Lol, some people can't stand a Nigerian face to face so they resorted to killing them in video games lol,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See Cowards!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Mpele(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2010
@honeric01

South Africans, cowards, think again buddy! We can be the most violent people on earth if povoked, go ask the Afrikaaners, Zimbabweans,Malawians,Pakistanis and of course Nigerians etc!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by honeric01(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
Mpele:

@honeric01

South Africans, cowards, think again buddy! We can be the most violent people on earth if povoked, go ask the Afrikaaners, Zimbabweans,Malawians,Pakistanis and of course Nigerians etc!

Yet the few Nigerians there scare you to death lol, Cowards, remember how the whites dealt with you? cowards!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Mpele(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
U are right cause they were supported by Germany, Holland, USA, Britain while our only credible supprt came from Russia!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by airzzee(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
We can say anything we like. But US is right in blacklisting Nigeria. If it were you, you would do the same.

- About a year or two ago, US authorities released a report that showed that Nigeria is linked to Al Qaeda terrorist group. Our govt screamed and dismissed the allegation as baseless;

- Shortly after, came Niger-Delta militancy, kidnap and destruction of lives & property, where arms of sorts including RPGs and automatic weapons were brandished by people who dressed exactly like the wanted terrorists. Don't blame America!

- It wasn’t long boko haram riot broke out in some parts of the North, in which many Nigerians lost their lives in what looked like suicide bombings as it obtains Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India etc. Don't blame America!

- Just in December 2009 again, another set of killings cropped up, also linked to religious extremism. Don't blame America!

- Don’t forget that on September 11, 2001, US lost almost 3,000 souls in that worst ever terrorist attacked on their soil. US needed to protect their people. It is only in Nigeria that the governments do not care about the lives of their people: govt/govt officials are the known to have killed more than any other person(s) in Nigeria; police have devoured the remaining; political thuggery & the do-or-die-affiar syndrome takes the rest. America is NOT like Nigeria, where her citizens are executed everyday in Singapore, China, & Morocco/Libya & the govt cannot stand to say, "Hey! What did my people do?" They love not just their citizens but they that dwelleth therein. So, don't blame America!

Human beings are not God, and therefore not omniscient. We base our judgment on what we see, and impressions we get. We form opinions from the external and nobody should blame America. A country that has suffered all this cannot shut their eyes to anything looks close to that.

That Nigeria has never produced a suicide bomber does not justify it cannot start one day. It's unfortunate, but it has happened. We must face the consequencies. Had Nigeria got good schools for her citizens, had their been facilities for good education, had our leaders regarded education, Farouk wouldn't have gone to Togo (in the first instance) and then Uk, then Dubai, then Yemen to study. The poor, vulnerable boy could have still remained in the watchful eyes of the parents to study in Nigeria. So, those guys (I mean our leaders) have part of the blame for dragging Nigeria back.

US will surely take their time to delist Nigeria from the terror list. Some other countries Iraq, Libya etc were on that list sometime, but were one after the other delisted, when they weer cleared. We only need to launder our image, free ourselves from all suspicions, including political 'thiefing' and elections gerrymandering before we can dream of having our name remove from that evil list. It is not about a 7-DAY ULTIMATUM or What? What, for goodness sake will Nigeria do to US? Sanction them? Deny them aids? Refuse their citizens visa? Just what?

Our leaders in NASS are dreaming. Let them wake up! After all, they are all part of this wahala.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kpolli(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
well this hole is controlled by its ppl,
imagine a human being callin himself colored!!!!wat a shame, rofl
so wat happened ur parents were playin with paints or decided to be creative or like most south african children, he rraped her? i know it sucks, call be a terrorist but my father didnt rape my mum, shiit sucks
n u dont need to be provoked b4 u r violent, all that u need is for white folks to throw bananas at u,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by honeric01(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
Mpele:

U are right cause they were supported by Germany, Holland, USA, Britain while our only credible supprt came from Russia!

Stop bringing up excuses, you said Nigerians are crooks in your country yet you can fight those Nigerians you called crooks. you know where the crooks reside in SA right? what's stopping your likes in fishing them out and deporting them? DON'T GO FIGHTING THE INNOCENT ONES, go and fight the ones you have truthfully discovered are crooks.

Cowards
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MEGABHROS1: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
Mad leaders with mad ideas. Severe diplomatics ties with US and lets see who will suffer. No be una pikin dey go there go school? Toothless bull dogs. P.D.P : Papa Deceiving Pikin. Un a think sey una fit fool the world as una dey do for una snail president illness.
Mad people dey give Obama ultimatum as if den fit talk when d man face dem. Only hiollary came and our so-called bike minister of external affairs was almost pieing in his trousers. Useless idiots,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Dammyray(m): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2010
OMGOSH, funny, funny, funnyyyyyyyy, a watin dem wan do?, lol
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by agathamari(f): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
The US has responded

Washington is set to call Abuja’s bluff on a possible diplomatic row over the administration’s decision to put the country on its terror watch list.
Administration officials have ruled out reversing the action and dared Nigeria to show evidence of a comprehensive plan to fight terror groups.
White House sources said President Barack Obama signed off on the plan based on “preponderance of evidence that Nigeria has become a likely haven for terror groups, like Al-Qaida”.

F.B.I sources said the decision by Washington to place Nigeria on its terror watch list is a preventive measure to disrupt a likely attack on the country.

Officials disclosed that reliable intelligence had concluded that terror groups are likely to use Nigeria as a base for further attacks.
“For years, the C.I.A has documented evidence of Al-Qaida attempting to recruit and gain foothold in Nigeria, and its security agencies did nothing to confront the threat,” top Homeland Department officials stated.
“This is a security situation with the lives of Americans at risk. We are not prepared to risk American lives just to satisfy Nigerian officials” administration sources said.

Besides, the State Department said Nigeria knows what to do to get the country off the watch list.”
There has to be a visible and verifiable evidence that Nigerian authorities are improving security and intelligence gathering against not just terror groups, but also extremists and fundamentalists, especially in the northern part of the country,” State Department officials stated.
The White House also wants Nigeria to close Islamic schools that teach and influence youths into religious extremism.

“We believe measures like these would be concrete evidence the country is serious about fighting terror, rather than threatening the United States,” officials said.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by duro: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2010
Nigeria will never cease to amaze me grin what if they don't ? see the kiin country wey dey issue ultimatum to almighty America. see me see wahala fa. Elephant and Ant, Heaven and earth. America is too big to be shaken by such a threat. I beg make senate president shut up jare before those guys unleash terror for our country. Na we poor men children dey this country all them pikin dey abroad so if america vex now, na serious gbege. lets just stick to our fate as a country and hope for better days ahead for the common man. Now sef we wey still dey hope to travel out someday now, the chances are now very slim. sad Anyway God Dey
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by namski(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2010
@airzzee, GBAM!

I agree with you intoto. You got the point and that as far as I am concerned is the right thing to be said and done.

I am just gladly awaiting what our Micky Mouse Senate will do. What an action!!!

Mad people.

@Mega Bhros, what a perfect definition of PDP.

@honeric 01, I cant say that you stop your exchanges with Mpele. However, think of it and you realise how our image have deteriorated not just in the face of the rest of the world, but also in the face of people we call our own African brothers. We may rant from now till tomorrow, but the fact stares right back in our faces. We have failed as a nation and till we start doing something serious about it, worse days are yet to come.

Mpele could refer to us as pitch black apes - whilst racist and should be condemned, dont you at times wonder if apes are not better than us. See how we live, see our leaders, haba. Sorry Nigeria - dont mean to provoke anyone.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by moondust(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2010
HAHAHA AHAA AHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA HA HAA HAHAAA, joke of the year, Now I'm convinced we're ruled by a bunch of retards
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by ogajim(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
This una Senate president na joker!

Hilary will probably bitch slap him if he was to bring this up in her presence let alone POTUS.

Just like the Squirrel warning the Elephant "I will kill you if you step on me, "
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
The position of Nigerian govt on this matter will not receive any consideration because the USA is merely taking minimum security measures based on their own risk acessment. What measures have our government implemented to forstall religious riots in the Northern Nigeria.  Our legislators are just reacting out of sentiment and idleness.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by vislabraye(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2010
I pity Nigerians who live abroad. That goes a long way to tell you how irrelevant Nigeria as a country is in the international community. This is a country of paradox, where kings walk bare feet and beggers ride on horses.

There are Islamic many extremists in Nigeria, but what have we done about it? How many religious riots have we heard in time past? Countless. What about Boko Haram and the likes. I think that is the real problem. But we should not be blamed for the failed suicide attack. The US also had itself to blame. When they should give genuine people visa they don't. It is potential terrorists they find safe to give. I thought they were smarter than that.

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List
« #13 on: Yesterday at 02:01:38 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria is taking the right step. If America fails to rescind its ill-advised decision, then Americans coming into Nigeria (and there are many of them) should receive the same treatment as Nigerians going into America. That is all we can do for now, but it is significant to have Americans patted down

An eye for an eye, tooth for tooth ? May be it might work
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by pafun(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2010
Nigeria is a TERRORIST STATE

1. Your president, whereabouts unknown, is probably really conferencing with Usma Ben Ladi contemplating where to blow up next
2. Your lawmakers are stealing money left right center and daring you to do anything about it
3. Policemen are taking money from armed robbers and shooting innocent people instead
4. Even common  Nepa will not give you light and they will bring bill. If you get two head make you no pay.
5. Ha oga Okada !!
6. Even foolish people on Nairaland will assassinate other people's character because nobody can see their butu faces (Nairaland sponsoring terrorism ?)
7. Tax all of una no go pay unless dem take stick drive you.

Terrorist country. Shame . Better go on 1 year dry fast and prayer  or it is God that will blacklist you next.   cry cry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by gidson12(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
a US terrorism and political violence expert, J. Peter Pham, had written in his column “Strategic Interests” in the World Defense Review that the vulnerability of Nigeria’s oil infrastructure was a threat to the national interests of the United States
and read this too http://www.tribune.com.ng/07012010/news/news1.html
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by blackcat1: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2010
If only Abacha was still alive and leading Nigeria, oops forgot that the same americans murdered him in cold blood.
americans should also be barred from my country and our oil like Abacha did to them when he was still alive.
I'm solidly behind my senators
Hope dem no go disappoint sha
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MrCartha: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2010
gidson12:

a US terrorism and political violence expert, J. Peter Pham, had written in his column “Strategic Interests” in the World Defense Review that the vulnerability of Nigeria’s oil infrastructure was a threat to the national interests of the United States
and read this too http://www.tribune.com.ng/07012010/news/news1.html

He is simply insane. Why has Kenya not been included on the terrorist chart?! OR is it that they have forgotten that that was were the US embassy was ripped into shreds like a pack of cards? I just feel like throwing up now that I hear this name USA embarassed
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
yoruba:

Apparently District 9 the Game is about to get released, they say the gamer will get the opportunity shoot and kill Nigerians. Apparently Sony is the distributor, and I'm thinking to my self the Americans will surely love this,  International standards http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2009/06/22/the_2009_failed_states_index

Are you serious?!!! This is crazy!!!!!

I hope it doesnt turn to a reality game. There are some psychopaths out there that live and breath their video games, the game becomes less exciting to them. They begin to want the reality of it.

This is crazy, dont believe it.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by No2Atheism(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
FL Gators:

am waiting
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MrCartha: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
Al Qaeda 'Recruited Bomb Plotter In London'
12:55pm UK, Thursday January 07, 2010

Tim Marshall, in Sana'a, Yemen

A Nigerian man charged with attempted murder over the alleged Christmas Day plot was recruited by al Qaeda in London, according to reports.
Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, 23, has been charged with attempted murder and trying to use a weapon of mass destruction after allegedly trying to blow up a plane.

The country's deputy prime minister had acknowledged that Mutallab had been in his country.

But he said Mutallab had been recruited by al Qaeda in London, adding that he had been equipped and trained in Nigeria."

However, senior Home Office officials have denied that Mutallab was recruited by al Qaeda in the UK, saying they think he was recruited and radicalised abroad.

The former London student had previously been charged with trying to set off explosives on board a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

Explosives allegedly in pants

He has now also been indicted on six counts, including the attempted murder of the other 289 passengers and crew on board the plane, by a US grand jury.

Court documents accused him of "carrying a concealed bomb" inside his clothing on board Northwest Flight 253.

"The bomb consisted of a device containing Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate (PETN), Triacetone Triperoxide (TATP) and other ingredients," the charge sheet said, adding that both substances were highly explosive.

"The bomb was designed to allow defendant Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab to detonate it at a time of his choosing, and to thereby cause an explosion aboard Flight 253."

Mutallab faces life imprisonment if convicted of the charge of trying to use a weapon of mass destruction, the US Department of Justice said.

Two charges of possession of a firearm carry a mandatory jail term of 30 years.

"This investigation is fast-paced, global and ongoing, and it has already yielded valuable intelligence that we will follow wherever it leads," Attorney General Eric Holder said.

He vowed that "anyone we find responsible for this alleged attack will be brought to justice using every tool - military or judicial - available to our government".

Barack Obama admitted the US security services missed a series of "red flags" which could have uncovered the alleged plot earlier.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Christmas-Day-Bomb-Plot-Nigerian-Umar-Farouk-Abdul-Mutallab-Indicted-On-Six-Charges/Article/201001115515874?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15515874_Christmas_Day_Bomb_Plot%3A_Nigerian_Umar_Farouk_Abdul_Mutallab_Indicted_On_Six_Charges

Thank God they did not say he was recruited in Nigeria. So Obama, tell us where we pass exam as a terrorist nation shocked embarassed
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2010
No2Atheism:

am waiting
For what, honey-bunches-of-oats? tongue
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by No2Atheism(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
FL Gators:

For what, honey-bunches-of-oats? tongue

chk your facebook
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by hedges007(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2010
just passing
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Ndipe(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2010
hedges007:

Sometimes i feel irate about America sanctimony or hypocrisy. Richard Reid, The British shoe bomber convicted of trying to blow up a transatlantic flight in USA Dec 2001. I damn to ask, why is Britain or UK not black-listed? why did they treat the case in isolation? Why has UK enjoyed impunity? Some people said that, America Action of black-listing Nigeria as a Nation of concern in terms of Terrorism is inevitable but regretable, but why the double standard? They are always quick to point accusing fingers, and name calling, with jungle-justice while there are more criminals and terrorits and terrorits affiliated groups in Europe and America. Let them spare me all those bullshits jare. Jus 2 weeks ago, CHINA warned Britain it risks harming diplomatic relations between the two countries after Downing Street condemned the execution of Briton Akmal Shaikh for drug smuggling in China. But China never black-list UK, even though the suspect was executed.
We are far better off, we are not a terror to any nation and if we want to be a terrorist no nation can match us because we are the most intelligent black race in the world. Nigeria on a watch list, is a mistaken identity. I would rather walk with my shoulder high in accurate dignity in my home land, than subject my backside to in-human treatment of America bullshits. I keep wondering why some of us are jus left-eyed, We keep critisizing our Government and people with every opportunity we hav on any forum (especially online like this one). We keep lending hands and providing derogatory information indirectly about our people and Government to unscrupulous haters and intending enemies of our fatherland unconsciously. However, sometimes, some of us do make sense with our constructive critisms, but i do ask myself, how many countries dare wash their dirty linens outside like we always do?

Na true you talk, dem suppose blacklist Britain also
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by namski(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
@hedges007 abeg leave this your Nigeria being the most intelligent black nation in the world. Where do you draw your statistics from? We are the most intelligent yet ruled by goats.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
Really! Americans think and behave like sheeps. sad

Why castigate 150 million people because a single soul who happens to be JUST Nigerian tried to bring down a plane?

For every 1 muttalab there are 6500 Nigerian(soldiers) men and women who are suing for peace in other countries in the name of peacekeeping,

why was Yemen where he had ties to not listed?  angry

there are a lot of whys to their decision,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by delvinmaya(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
hedges007:

Sometimes i feel irate about America sanctimony or hypocrisy. Richard Reid, The British shoe bomber convicted of trying to blow up a transatlantic flight in USA Dec 2001. I damn to ask, why is Britain or UK not black-listed? why did they treat the case in isolation? Why has UK enjoyed impunity? Some people said that, America Action of black-listing Nigeria as a Nation of concern in terms of Terrorism is inevitable but regretable, but why the double standard? They are always quick to point accusing fingers, and name calling, with jungle-justice while there are more criminals and terrorits and terrorits affiliated groups in Europe and America. Let them spare me all those bullshits jare. Jus 2 weeks ago, CHINA warned Britain it risks harming diplomatic relations between the two countries after Downing Street condemned the execution of Briton Akmal Shaikh for drug smuggling in China. But China never black-list UK, even though the suspect was executed.
We are far better off, we are not a terror to any nation and if we want to be a terrorist no nation can match us because we are the most intelligent black race in the world. Nigeria on a watch list, is a mistaken identity. I would rather walk with my shoulder high in accurate dignity in my home land, than subject my backside to in-human treatment of America bullshits. I keep wondering why some of us are jus left-eyed, We keep critisizing our Government and people with every opportunity we hav on any forum (especially online like this one). We keep lending hands and providing derogatory information indirectly about our people and Government to unscrupulous haters and intending enemies of our fatherland unconsciously. However, sometimes, some of us do make sense with our constructive critisms, but i do ask myself, how many countries dare wash their dirty linens outside like we always do?
this is the bitter truth.
namski:

@hedges007 abeg leave this your Nigeria being the most intelligent black nation in the world. Where do you draw your statistics from? We are the most intelligent yet ruled by goats.
thats because when the intelligent refuse to rule, the "wise" fool takes it as his birth right to rule

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Kwara State Governorship Primary Election Of APC Candidate / Dangote Pegs Minimum Of 1Million Litres/Marketer As Diesel Sale Begins / Why APC Wanted Lawan As Senate President - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.