Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS (39937 Views)

"Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Go to farm Nigerians! Operation Feed The Nation Mode Activated! An idle hand, mouth and mind is the devil's PlayStation 5 and Xbox Two! What every Nigerian home & abroad need right now is to look inward and go back to embrace Agriculture with gratitude and humility or shamefully like a dog licking his wound! In blood & Sweat, in Tears and Toil, A life outside Agric is a life on the edge, a life heading for the cliff, a precipitating thunder storm by the hints and darts of mist and frost!

The reason why Nigeria play partisan and kitchen politics among the electorates, political stake holders and the observers is the reason why the Nigeria educational institution is so dysfunctional and defunct that So far has only managed to produce just only Wole Soyinka as the only Nigerian Nobel laureate, South Africa has 10 Nobel laureates, Egypt has 4, Algeria has 2, Liberia has 2, Kenya has 1 and Ghana has 1.

Lately, with too many premonition, much of our attitude towards Agricultural practices has been an heist wrapped in spared subligarian adrifting a rock bottom, a befuddled dike outburst and an hog washed. In a proliterated troglodyte pillage of epical ascensions, we lampoon the affluence of privilege in a bumfuzzled Whiffler, a cattywampus flummoxed opinion, gobs smacked mugwump, kerfuffle. discombobulated, nonplussed shivoo, and a snollygoster in a diddly doodly squat. All our circumlocution are befuddled much like that of a wascally wabbits and like a Jacklope with a showdown of belligerent pogrom enveloped in an aboriginal days of infamy. Aside gaming words & delusions, lets all go back the humble path ways of agriculture. Even in the next 100 years from now, it will be the trending business for Nigerians. Remember it takes 30years of Consistency in Agriculture to be a Pro like the Dangote, or Obasanjo that you admire in your wishful thinking of wanting to be a billionaire. Therefore, this venture is not for pack of wolves, lazy vultures looking for free feast sites, and free catch for free money or con, ponzi and overnight money. If you have got no bones in your wings, shoulders and guts, then its high time you have backed out. There's dignity in Labour!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by chimaobikanu(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Tried it once, but got more than 8 sms's that same day!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by smartty68(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
dman4mdmoon:
How does it work?

SMS "Help to 2442"

Works on all networks

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Elcid1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
As I never get job interview text, una want me to STOP it. No way not until I get a job. God willing shocked

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by marcangelo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nowadays the unsolicited sms is not the only disturbance, these telecoms ppl now disturb with unsolicited calls..
NCC should pls checkmate this..

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by IamBravo: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
veekid:
Useless NCC
You guys need help, you are so abusive
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
smartty68:

SMS "Help to 2442"

Works on all networks

Thanks a lot!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by seeniorboy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
If any used phone for sale
Specify!
Urgent buyer is here
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by CioAngels(f): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
I have repeatedly sent 2442 and their response, is you have sent, yet, they still sends to date.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Funjosh(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
Etisalat with that their annoying calls
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Kam0007: 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please how are these codes applied?
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by jigsaw001(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Jeffboi:
Lie,
I tried the code this what I got

It automatically subscribed to something else
Bros u too funny!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by tosyne2much(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
And see how the news was painted as if they just did what no one has ever done before undecided
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Funjosh:
Etisalat with that their annoying calls

I think they're the worst. Thank God for this, sef! So finally Christiano Ronaldo will stop pestering me.

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Flashmove: 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please tell Buhari to meet me in my office....
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Funjosh(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I think they're the worst. Thank God for this, sef! So finally Christiano Ronaldo will stop pestering me.

Mine is calls from their office using complete number.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by holluphemydavid(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
I pray it works
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Funjosh:

Mine is calls from their office using complete number.

Yes, they've stopped using that 522(7?) because they know people won't pick it. They now use regular mobile lines. I've marked some of them too, I just let them ring.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by MrHenshaw: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
MVLOX:
Do dis codes really work?....

It does not work! My Etisalat experience has been a huge nightmare.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by UTEWUOJO: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bro welcome to Nigeria where people hardly obey law, I got that code more than two months ago, believe me it's not working at all, my network provider Etisalat keep on sending me that their unsolicited text. Any time that I send stop to that number, they will reply me that my complaints have been received and will effect from the next 24hours, but till date, they keep on sending me those sh--ts.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
good
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Funjosh(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

Yes, they've stopped using that 522(7?) because they know people won't pick it. They now use regular mobile lines. I've marked some of them too, I just let them ring.

That call can be annoying especially when expecting important calls on that day angry

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by dee02(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bloody codes that dont work!
Jokers

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by kingsolium: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Mtcheew....NCC...Gerarahere..Who NCC epp? grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by rhektor(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
jigsaw001:

Bros u too funny!

Lolzz how na ??
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by segunforchrist(m): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
That is better if the code work
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by ehijoshua3: 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Now you can share your business ideal on Ejtb for free kindly follow :
http://www.ehijoshuatechblog.com/p/foxyform-functiond-t-var-g-d.html

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by jtwest(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Na lie jor, even if you stop the sms, mtn go still call you when costa is about to play penalty, or you are about to kiss your crush #disruptors of moments emptyhen grin
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by buffalowings: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ncc

You will never go uncaapped
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nielbohr203(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
I will advice everyone not to block unsolicited sms. You may end up regretting it because, you won't be able to receive bulk sms as well and you may miss out of a whole lot including sms alert for interviews, OTP for online transactions etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Generate IMEI Using This Android App / Eight Common Types Of Whatsapp Status / How To Identify An Original Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.