Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS (39724 Views)

"Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by drey076(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
The code can stop bank alart
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by mrajims(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
lilfreezy:
it's a good initiative. But I would advice jobless people like myself who are still seeking for employment not to use the code(s). We all know some companies don't use the mail while inviting applicants for interview, they rather use the bulk sms platform. The code will also stop you from receiving message from any bulk sms platform which means you've reduced your chances of being invited for interview. A word is enough for the wise, make i carry my wahala comot for this thread
Abeg how person wan take reactivate bcus me don deactive am tay tay. Wats d code pls
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by hucienda: 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
lilfreezy:
it's a good initiative. But I would advice jobless people like myself who are still seeking for employment not to use the code(s). We all know some companies don't use the mail while inviting applicants for interview, they rather use the bulk sms platform. The code will also stop you from receiving message from any bulk sms platform which means you've reduced your chances of being invited for interview. A word is enough for the wise, make i carry my wahala comot for this thread

grin grin grin grin grin dis nairaland ehn. free entertainment. grin
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by hector: 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
hmm
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by lilfreezy: 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
mrajims:
Abeg how person wan take reactivate bcus me don deactive am tay tay. Wats d code pls

Text "status" to 2442 then follow the link to reactivate. That's if you've deactivated it before
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Sagathecaptain: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
I love this. Seriously, some of the messages provided by network providers are not important.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by neoclassical: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
Just be aware that you will no longer receive Bulk SMS such as Job interview invite, meeting invite, owambe invite, wedding invite etc once you activate this code on your phone.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by exlinkleads(f): 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
NCC hmmmmm

the thunder wey go do una something is doing press up

misplaces priority

una dey here glo and other telecon giant dey regulate una stead of the other way round

ndi ara
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by bukolabeauty09(f): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Jeffboi:
Lie,

I tried the code this what I got

It automatically subscribed to something else
Send STOP to 2442 not 2442 to 9004, so you subscribed for that yourself, besides it only stop messages from third party and not messages directly from the network.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by ofegge73(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
The 2442 code doesnt work, i have sent STOP to 2442 more than 4 occasions till today, I still get unsolicited messages and shit notifications from Etisalat.
NCC is a joke!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by KennyID17(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
neoclassical:
Just be aware that you will no longer receive Bulk SMS such as Job interview invite, meeting invite, owambe invite, wedding invite etc once you activate this code on your phone.

#owambe invite grin grin grin grin

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by ikwikwi: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
This code is not working.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by oneclot: 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
The codes are not even recognized on any network when dialled.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by omolorlarh: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
oviejnr:
This wont still stop Mtn from sending me my airtime balance after checking Or prevent U-report to keep sending me Sms day and night since i've completed my Nysc sad

For u- report text this- "youreportexit" to "24453"
Make sure that it is the number you registered. I did it and i have stopped getting their messages
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by oviejnr(m): 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
omolorlarh:

For u- report text this- "youreportexit" to "24453"
Make sure that it is the number you registered. I did it and i have stopped getting their messages
I just did, thanks
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Xzbit91: 11:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
ofegge73:
The 2442 code doesnt work, i have sent STOP to 2442 more than 4 occasions till today, I still get unsolicited messages and shit notifications from Etisalat.
NCC is a joke!

You doing it wrong, text DND to 2442
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by kaymart: 12:00am On Apr 29, 2017
lilfreezy:
are you jobless or u r unemployed.
Please, try put ur sentence with the right words.....my 2 cents#
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by geodemainguy(m): 5:50am On Apr 29, 2017
adeniyi3971:

I beg you with whatever you serve please like my poem to keep me in the competition using the link below

https://m.facebook.com/masterpenbooks/photos/a.637225919704027.1073741827.636958906397395/1264641013629178/?type=3&_rdr#1325804317512847
Keep it up man.

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by geodemainguy(m): 5:53am On Apr 29, 2017
kaymart:

are you jobless or u r unemployed.
Please, try put ur sentence with the right words.....my 2 cents#
To slap you dey hungry me. What's the difference between Jobless and Unemployed?
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by adeniyi3971(m): 6:41am On Apr 29, 2017
geodemainguy:
Keep it up man.

Thanks sir!
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by catalan15(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2017
Noted....
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by mrajims(m): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
lilfreezy:

Text "status" to 2442 then follow the link to reactivate. That's if you've deactivated it before
Thanks man, I have done that but they sent SMS saying " the full DND is now active on your line" what that supposed to mean?
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by mrajims(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
bukolabeauty09:

Send STOP to 2442 not 2442 to 9004, so you subscribed for that yourself, besides it only stop messages from third party and not messages directly from the network.
What the code to reactivate after deactivate? Pls
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by bukolabeauty09(f): 1:03pm On May 03, 2017
mrajims:

What the code to reactivate after deactivate? Pls
send ALLOW TO 2442 to reactivate. you can also send HELP to 2442 to select the ones u want messages from.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by mrajims(m): 12:55pm On May 04, 2017
bukolabeauty09:

send ALLOW TO 2442 to reactivate. you can also send HELP to 2442 to select the ones u want messages from.
Thanks i have done dat

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious But Perfect Response To A Scammer(pic) / Blackberry Classic Q20 Release Date And Specifications / Settings For 2go On A Black Berry Bold 2 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.