Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? (1887 Views)

Do Men Sometimes Feel Used After Sex / Why Young Girls Prefer To Date Married Men As Their Lovers / Men Sometimes Needs To Be Taught A Lesson Or Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by otemu(m): 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2005
Why do Nigerian Men feel justified to hit the women they love?

Am new to this forum so not sure if a topic like this has already been done, but why do Nigerian men seem to think it's alright to beat their girlfriend or wife?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by snazzydawn(f): 1:25am On Dec 11, 2005
well,those who do that are COWARDS.They do it because they have a complex.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by Seun(m): 1:59am On Dec 11, 2005
They do it because women are gluttons for punishment. They forgive it too easily unlike the way they are harsh about other vices.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by sweetnini(f): 4:16am On Dec 11, 2005
they do it cos they are senseless and dont have respect
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by mamba(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2005
This shit happens everywhere, not only Nigeria..

If women were a lot stronger, then I guess it wont happen grin

I hate! men that do such.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by buckeye(m): 8:21am On Dec 11, 2005
mamba:

This rubbish happens everywhere, not only Nigeria..

If women were a lot stronger, then I guess it wont happen grin

I hate! men that do such.

The sh*t happens everyday everywhere, its far better in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by sweetme(f): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2005
such men do it because they feel they own the gf/wife.... and thats just stupid. i have always said that any guy who raises his hand on a girl is a TOTAL COWARD AND A LOSER!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by IAH(f): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2005
buckeye:

The sh*t happens everyday everywhere, its far better in Nigeria.
Thanks for pointing that out to them, buckeye. Most people think it's only Nigerian/African men who are violent towards their women.
Well, I have said before on another thread that if a man hits me, I'll arrange for a gang of rogues to give him the beating of his life.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by Seun(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2005
No, that is a wrong response. Since you're in the UK, you should go to the Police. Even in Nigeria, you can go to the police for a serious case of beating. Two wrongs do not make a right.

You need to understand that you cannot beat these violent men at their game. If you hire a gang of rogues to beat him up, he will hire his own friends to beat you up in retaliation, and you will suffer more in the end. If you want to see the effect of fighting violence with violence, go to the Middle East.

Women should learn to think with their minds and not with their emotions when dealing with men.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2005
please o, don't be offended. what do they hit the women with?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by eveseh(f): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2006
it's part of the game

that's love,they say
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by Carolece(f): 4:56am On Jan 04, 2011
clears throat
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by MrsEve2(f): 5:01am On Jan 04, 2011
Oh my goodness Carolece! You went back FIVE YEARS! I feel a storm a coming.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men Sometimes Hit Their Lovers? by Carolece(f): 5:10am On Jan 04, 2011
Its all in the History baby. The pile of shyt is so high you gotta dig so deep, yep I went waaaaaay back grin

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Lauryn! / Ladies: Would You Tell Your Man How Much You Earn Or Are Worth? / I Can't Get Over My Ex---Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.