Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,592 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors (54565 Views)

Former President Goodluck Johnathan Use To Wear Makeup(photo) / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by ngolokante(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
oruma19:
Jonathan was too small for that position at that time. One of the problems of Nigeria is that the willing guys are never allowed to achieve their dreams of steering the ship of state. We always impose stooges and end up ridiculed. Bihari who we tot was ready has come to show gross incompetence and lack of tenacity to hold on to his promises , we are in deep shiy right now cos we tilt dnt know what will happen next. Naija should just divide along religious line and let us rest. Religion is our problem, then ethnicity.

Lemme just put this way... The population of Christians in the North is probably more than some states in the East... Do you still think we can divide along religious lines... Corruption is the name of our problem... Corrupt politicians use religion and ethnicity to divide people so that they (the masses) can't have a unified front to face them

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tazdroid:
Chai chai....

Me just dey click the Reno picture make d video play. As e no answer me, me tink say na my yeye phone don start to dey misbehave.

Na now I see say na screenshot. grin grin
Not only u bruv
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Stephenjoachim(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
So Una sabi politics abi, Jonathan don lose and Buhari na winner ba?
If we get fooled twice, that one go mean say our youth and so called elite na mumu.....

Jonathan is far better than Buhari.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Chiedu4Trump: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
ngolokante:

Lemme just put this way... The population of Christians in the North is probably more than some states in the East... Do you still think we can divide along religious lines... Corruption is the name of our problem... Corrupt politicians use religion and ethnicity to divide people so that they (the masses) can't have a unified front to face them

Stop deluding yourself.

There more people in the south than they are in the north.

Religion of peace is dragging this country down.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Basfaq(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:
GEJ is right to feel betrayed.

I probably would too if I were in his shoes.

But he's taking it too personal, blaming everyone but himself.

Like Sonala Olumhense rightly puts it, GEJ is the accused trying the judge in his own courtroom.

If you must be told in plain words, those Northern leaders are useless and cannot influence many people to vote for or against anyone. They aren't as influential as they made him believe.

Buhari lost against this same Jonathan in 2011. Do you think he did because the core Northerners voted for him against Buhari? Hell no! Buhari lost because both the Southwest and Middle Belt voted massively for GEJ. Make no mistake, these are some of the regions that vote based on stats only, and not out of sentiment.

In the end, what did these two regions get in return? Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mean this as in direct benefits; I do in the general sense.

As a Punch editorial by Olumhense puts it, GEJ lost because "His electoral campaigns were built on lies he never attempted to implement, he openly approved of corruption, and under his management Nigeria grew from poorly-managed to unmanageable."

If we faced the same situations again with the same players, I bet the same scenario would play out.
Don't mind him,he has already said that he was under pressure to contest come 2019,all these game play is just build up.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by MrSly(m): 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
koolib:
We the Yorubas played a major role in electing Jonathan in 2011, we also played a major role in sending him back to Otuoke. Next time no Nigerian President will take the largest and most sophisticated ethnic group for granted. Before trying to correct me, note that Hausa and Fulani are of different ethnic affiliations. Hausa-Fulani is just for political dominance.

Will the Igbos and Yorubas please for once shun superiority context and unite for once?
Hmmm! Igbo and Fulani or Igbo and Hausa is manageable. But Igbo an Yoruba? No way. Yoruba is very unstable and lacks strength of character.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Afamed: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
Splashme:
The conspiracies and gang-up of 2015 elections will take Nigeria two decades to heal the wounds

And for Obama . . . .

Nemesis just caught up with him. The bulldozer Donald Trump is equally dismantling all his legacies beginning with his baby - The Obamacare
Electoral lost is worse than electrical shock. From your write ups, it shows you rely on hearsay for both international politics and politics at home. The Obamacare has come to stay in America despite the facts that the GOPs controls the senate in America . The last vote in March in the senate to repeal Obamacare in America failed simply because even the Republican senators were not convinced by the new health care Trump wanted to introduce. And as such both democratic and Republican voted in favour of Obamacare. Having said this, come to politics at home, what on earth with all security challenges in the North, prior to the election time, dollarization of votes by your acclaimed hero, looting of national treasury centre, front and back. How do you still expect a rational citizens to still vote for such candidate having initially deceived us on the bases of " He had no shoe". Its only in Nigeria, your exonerate yourself but blame everyone for your failure.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

Like Sonala Olumhense rightly puts it, GEJ is the accused trying the judge in his own courtroom.

If you must be told in plain words, those Northern leaders are useless and cannot influence many people to vote for or against anyone. They aren't as influential as they made him believe.

Buhari lost against this same Jonathan in 2011. Do you think he did because the core Northerners voted for him against Buhari? Hell no! Buhari lost because both the Southwest and Middle Belt voted massively for GEJ. Make no mistake, these are some of the regions that vote based on stats only, and not out of sentiment.

In the end, what did these two regions get in return? Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mean this as in direct benefits; I do in the general sense.

As a Punch editorial by Olumhense puts it, GEJ lost because "His electoral campaigns were built on lies he never attempted to implement, he openly approved of corruption, and under his management Nigeria grew from poorly-managed to unmanageable."

If we faced the same situations again with the same players, I bet the same scenario would play out.

1)Every GOOD politician wields some power over his constituency...Northern politicians have some influence on the masses...

2) Jonathan needed to score basically 5% or thereabout in core Northern states if those politicians didn't betray him...but because they did, he scored less than 2%...

3) Southwest just like every other region benefited from Jonathan administration MORE than they did in OBJ administration yet they voted for OBJ and Yar'adua subsequently... I CHALLENGE you to show me what OBJ did in Southwest in 2003 that made you to vote for him massively for 2nd term? Then we can do a comparative analysis of what Jonathan did there too...Am waiting wink so why didn't they vote for Jonathan if they could condone Obj?

4)90% of instrument used to detect corruption in Nigeria today were introduced by Jonathan... beginning from NPA(he digitalized most payments), civil service(IPPIS), BVN, cashless policy, TSA, etc... Jonathan ended fertilizer scam in Nigeria... Tell me which sector, Obj or Buhari has eliminated corruption in Nigeria? What's Nigeria position in corruption perception index by Transparency international(TI) under Obj, Jonathan, & Buhari so what and where did you get that he's most corrupt government? Let's trade facts and NOT nonsensical sentiments by folks like you & davodyguy

5) Southwest just like northern Nigeria votes along ETHNIC lines since INDEPENDENCE till date...I deal on facts bro!!! I challenge you to counter these facts!!!

Cc davodyguy , eleojo23

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by danot1030: 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
Somebody posted this in one thread :

[b]Jonathan is a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa.[/b]

Jonathan should cover his head in shame and stop the useless whining for image laundry and defense, no one takes him serious again.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Mayflowa(m): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
AreaFada2:

You mean he should have fixed the rot of 50 years alone? shocked shocked
With an under N3 trillion Naira budget for 180 to 200 million people? shocked shocked

Even the most prepared, 100% corruption free, dedicated leader will need at least 15 to 20 years to fix 9ja. Assuming no boko Haram & Niger Delta militant issues.

You think Buhari's miracle promise will materialise after plunging us into recession with his bad policies? Oil price was already falling during 2015 campaign, no excuse there.

Jonathan has all the instruments to alter the course of Nigeria. When he came, the people were ready to cooperate with him until he allowed wide spread looting under his nose. I blame GEJ for the recession indirectly.

Without him messing up, who would hv allowed Buhari to snuff the life out of all of us. So you believe there are no great leaders to change the fortune of the country? Think again!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Deilluminator(m): 11:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
LOGDAN:
coolFTC THANK YOU BROS LALASTICLALA, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY
Then vacate that position. It's not for people who are bereft of information

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by vickylincon(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

now, this is an honest opinion. I wish his supporters can think this wqy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by OdaNobunaga(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
kibra4u:

Babe nice laps. Were are you at. wink

Shey that girl is someone's chick? angry I need to make money, lots of it and soon. sad
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by OdaNobunaga(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

He was not betrayed.

He betrayed us

1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by SalamRushdie: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:
Jonathan should shut up and stop embarrassing himself the more.

This is politics and it's a big gamble. It's winner takes it all.

He was given the opportunity and he messes it up. If Jonathan did well from 2010-2014, no matter the level of conspiracy, many of us would have voted for him, based on performance.

Performance earned fashola second term, even though he quarreled with Tinubu at the twilight of his first term.

Alao Akala did not win a second term in Oyo State, cos he failed to perform.

Ikedi Ohakim lost to owelle Rochas due to non performance.

Jonathan's loss was based on 'logistics' of poor performance and had nothing to do with conspiracy.

Same Jonathan defeated buhari hands down in 2011 and there was no conspiracy then.

Hilary Clinton lost against all odds and she has moved on, even though we all know it was a divided America.

If buhari fails, we would give him the Jonathan treatment

Do you guys understand the post at all
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by me69: 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nigeria reject you no bi america no bi nothern, baba no fex na God bring you to power na God remove you

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by EternalTruths: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
ngolokante:

This one must have drank adulterated kunu

Northern Christians have population than who again.?
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by OdaNobunaga(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Deilluminator:
Then vacate that position. It's not for people who are bereft of information

grin grin
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by AreaFada2: 1:36am On May 01, 2017
Mayflowa:

Jonathan has all the instruments to alter the course of Nigeria. [b] When he came, the people were ready to cooperate with him [/b]until he allowed wide spread looting under his nose. I blame GEJ for the recession indirectly.

Without him messing up, who would hv allowed Buhari to snuff the life out of all of us. So you believe there are no great leaders to change the fortune of the country? Think again!
Really? Co-operating with Boko Haram bombs? Kikikikikikiki. grin cheesy cheesy grin

The long-suffering Nigerian masses are easily manipulated by tribal/ethnic/religious jingoist elites. Add that to the deep-seated simmering hatred for politicians. Politicians not in power at a particular time can cleverly use it and APC did. But now they cannot deliver but keep playing opposition after 2 years in power, blaming everyone else.

Do you know how much distraction Boko were calculated to cause and it did?

Do you know how instead of seeing Boko Haram as a singular national security threat, Buhari, APC & many power hungry elites condemned Jonathan and urged him not to Kill Boko Haram people?

Do you know many including Buhari never condemned Boko until Chibok girls saga and they now saw the photo opportunity as CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera came?
You talk of looting, has looting not always been part of our problems from 1960? Which major excuse did Buhari give for 1984 coup? How could Jonathan suddenly arrest corruption when everything he did, the SW & North began calling him a militant from the creeks? He introduced BVN, and other electronic measures to curb corruption at source. Instead of crying over spilt milk.

When he scrapped scam-ridden oil subsidy nko? The same North/SW whose people benefit the most from the scam entered the streets in protest. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Hear the truth: SW elite like OBJ & other Northern power brokers could not use him like a house boy as they thought they could before his full 4 years term. They claimed there were too many Igbo people around him, never mind each state had a rep in FEC as the law required.

Especially GEJ was not a Northern candidate but an "unambitious" deputy OBJ picked to avoid Atiku scenario behind Yar'Adua.

OBJ himself was a Northern candidate. It was Northern elite (Atiku & co) opposition of OBJ second term that rallied Yoruba to support their own for a second term.

It is Ibori daring to be in Atiku camp then that came back to bite him. because Odili & many other governors in AC & PDP were just as corrupt.

The North following Ahmadu Bello script of never letting the South control their destiny again managed to use the SW against Jonathan.

GEJ lost because he did not have a large tribal base behind him...once North/SW ganged up. The looting you are talking of, who looted? The anger North/SW have is over oil portfolio that a SS person got under Jonathan. Had a Northerner held that position & looted 10 times more, the North would say nothing & SW will quietly shy away too.

It is all about oil blocks and oil money. Do not think the SW & Northern elite care about the masses.
Jonathan achieved far more than OBJ did in 8 years. No amount of propaganda can change it. Not even hurriedly written books now.

The looting you are talking of, why are we not seeing the charges, money recovered, amounts, convictions? Are the looters ghosts?

Using 1985 coup vendetta against Dasuki is not fighting corruption. Is it not some of the Dasuki money that landed in Ikoyi and Buhari officials are aware of it?

So the majority of APC leaders now who were in PDP with Jonathan were all saints then? If they were all saints, who actually did the looting? shocked shocked shocked

If you're now regretting voting Buhari, please blame yourself for it. Not GEJ. Everyone is blaming GEJ but themselves. Be responsible for your the results of your own choices. You had "a choice between new (modern/democratic/jet-age/ICT) ways of doing things and old (1984/draconian/cold war era) ways of doing things. You guys used ethno-religious sentiments to choose 1984 ways. Please enjoy it. shocked shocked
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by juman(m): 2:06am On May 01, 2017
davodyguy:

He was not betrayed.

He betrayed us

I agree with you.
He betrayed nigerians, he failed woefully.
He ran a very corrupt government.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by AAinEqGuinea: 4:07am On May 01, 2017
GEJ.

come back and serve thee

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by odduduwa: 5:19am On May 01, 2017
malton:

Malton I hope you know the current govt has surpassed gej cluelessness now I am waiting for sw to vote according to statistics and fact since it no longer sentiment
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by odduduwa: 5:21am On May 01, 2017
davodyguy:
Jonathan should shut up and stop embarrassing himself the more.

This is politics and it's a big gamble. It's winner takes it all.

He was given the opportunity and he messes it up. If Jonathan did well from 2010-2014, no matter the level of conspiracy, many of us would have voted for him, based on performance.

Performance earned fashola second term, even though he quarreled with Tinubu at the twilight of his first term.

Alao Akala did not win a second term in Oyo State, cos he failed to perform.

Ikedi Ohakim lost to owelle Rochas due to non performance.

Jonathan's loss was based on 'logistics' of poor performance and had nothing to do with conspiracy.

Same Jonathan defeated buhari hands down in 2011 and there was no conspiracy then.

Hilary Clinton lost against all odds and she has moved on, even though we all know it was a divided America.

you still need miracle to tell you buhari has failed abi hypocrite "if buhari fail"

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by odduduwa: 5:29am On May 01, 2017
LordVoldemort:

When you know EFCC is coming, you will say a lot of things to make yourself look good to the public so when the handcuff comes out he can easily shout witch hunt
efcc coming for who ? very sure the little salary you are receiving is no longer sustainable ....try it and kiss the zoo goodbye
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Pedrop: 5:49am On May 01, 2017
davodyguy:

As in, are we still expecting something from Buharia ? What exactly pls ?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by ngolokante(m): 6:06am On May 01, 2017
EternalTruths:

This one must have drank adulterated kunu

Northern Christians have population than who again.?

You see that's the problem with you hate throwing never do wells ...the whole of southern Borno is predominantly Christian... Google the population of Christians in Borno and feed your decaying brain. Don't forget to check out Jos too... Ignorance has a way of contaminating whatever good is left in you... I am sure you are assuming North is one state... North in this case refers to the refers to NE, NW and even NC...

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by ngolokante(m): 6:13am On May 01, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Stop deluding yourself.

There more people in the south than they are in the north.

Religion of peace is dragging this country down.

Hahaha... There are more people in the South than in the North... Good Lord!!!... This is basic class 4 geography... There are more people in Ebonyi than Borno? Or more people in Nnamdi Kanu's village than Kano... You need serious help man... A simple Google search would have saved you from this show of shame... But anyways people like you only come online to throw insult and feel fool yourselves that you are smarter and better than others... typical IKpob mentality
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by EternalTruths: 6:16am On May 01, 2017
ngolokante:

You see that's the problem with you hate throwing never do wells ...the whole of southern Borno is predominantly Christian... Google the population of Christians in Borno and feed your decaying brain. Don't forget to check out Jos too... Ignorance has a way of contaminating whatever good is left in you... I am sure you are assuming North is one state... North in this case refers to the refers to NE, NW and even NC...

You remain a typical illiterate

The entire population of Northern Christians is not up to that of Igbos.

For every 4 Nigerian, 1 is an Igbo person

Igbos are a quarter of Nigerian population that is why we gave Jonathan 12million votes just 3million votes less than Buhari's votes gotten from Afonjas, Herdsmen and confused Northern Christians(Benue) and Northern Muslims (Kogi) like you
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Leiman100(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2017
malton:

liar! Jonathan won in 2011 because the north is clearly divided between Buhari and PDP beneficiaries and so many vote for PDP because of the influence of their governors in the north that is what the northern masses did not allow to happened in 2015. All the zones vote massively in 2015 but change happen because unlike 2011 north vote largely in one direction. What you maliciously described as the 'middle belt' is actually north central. And Benue is the only state in the north central nay the only state in the all of the 19 states of the northern Nigeria that does not does not have Hausa/Fulani indegines.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Chiedu4Trump: 6:33am On May 01, 2017
ngolokante:

Hahaha... There are more people in the South than in the North... Good Lord!!!... This is basic class 4 geography... There are more people in Ebonyi than Borno? Or more people in Nnamdi Kanu's village than Kano... You need serious help man... A simple Google search would have saved you from this show of shame... But anyways people like you only come online to throw insult and feel fool yourselves that you are smarter and better than others... typical IKpob mentality

land mass does not equate to number.

Why do you think that they do NYSC, simply to take the south Human resources to the barren north.

You guys have nothing, if it were not for the west you'd never amount to nothing grin

The west knowing fully well that the south is not easily fooled, rigged things in ur favour.

But dont worry bro, the south is seeing through all the deception and ur days are numbered. angry

As you know you cannot do without us, we can excel without you. grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Zieristclair(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2017
ngolokante:

the most intelligent post I've read in a while. Keep it up. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Kneels For Nnamdi Kanu In Israel For Blessings (Pics) / South Africans React To President Buhari's Meeting With President Ramaphosa. / APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.