Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors (54560 Views)

Former President Goodluck Johnathan Use To Wear Makeup(photo) / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wetin concern man ?
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Ahmeduana(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
dadavivo:
and wetin Buhari resemble now. Goblin
CONFIRMED GOLUM.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by IYANGBALI: 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
morbeta:
Jonathan stop embarrassing yourself. this is politics you played and lost.
no mind the ogogoro master

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by morscino: 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
All these wailing by GEJ only proves that he is still pained abt d 2015 elections,and also prove that he has been d sponsor of d NDA all along.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by obailala(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
The very set of people (Jonathanians) who lament about APC playing the blame game, these people usually come up with the most ridiculous fors of blame games. Anyway, I we keep learning new things everyday; now I know it was the US, UK, France etc. that actually stood under the sun to vote GEJ out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Biodun556(m): 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
What is wrong with this man?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by davodyguy: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
chisco82:

Till you re betrayed like him, then you will understand.

He was not betrayed.

He betrayed us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by mummyson26(m): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:
GEJ is right to feel betrayed.

I probably would too if I were in his shoes.

But he's taking it too personal, blaming everyone but himself.

Like Sonala Olumhense rightly puts it, GEJ is the accused trying the judge in his own courtroom.

If you must be told in plain words, those Northern leaders are useless and cannot influence many people to vote for or against anyone. They aren't as influential as they made him believe.

Buhari lost against this same Jonathan in 2011. Do you think he did because the core Northerners voted for him against Buhari? Hell no! Buhari lost because both the Southwest and Middle Belt voted massively for GEJ. Make no mistake, these are some of the regions that vote based on stats only, and not out of sentiment.

In the end, what did these two regions get in return? Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mean this as in direct benefits; I do in the general sense.

As a Punch editorial by Olumhense puts it, GEJ lost because "His electoral campaigns were built on lies he never attempted to implement, he openly approved of corruption, and under his management Nigeria grew from poorly-managed to unmanageable."

If we faced the same situations again with the same players, I bet the same scenario would play out.
True talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by ngolokante(m): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Splashme:
The conspiracies and gang-up in the 2015 elections will take Nigeria two decades to heal the wounds

And for Obama . . . .

Nemesis just caught up with him. The bulldozer Donald Trump is equally dismantling all his legacies beginning with his baby - The Obamacare

Hahaha... Am not sure you are following trends in the international realm... Trump is eating his words and so far, he has been unable to undo anyone of Obama's policies not even the Muslim ban he deceived many people with has been implemented instead he is inviting Muslim leaders to WH and saying he doesn't want to cancel NAFTA anymore ... And do you really believe conspiracies brought down Jonah? Hell he didn't even do anything for his people... Simply put Jonah brought down Jonah... Nothing like conspiracies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by omowumeee(f): 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
dadavivo:
and wetin Buhari resemble now. Goblin
we shall find out tomorrow...can't wait to see what he really looks like
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by azaino: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
mankan2k7:
The canine of Reno resembles a vampire in d last pics
so what are you trying to say ?
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by obailala(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

Like Sonala Olumhense rightly puts it, GEJ is the accused trying the judge in his own courtroom.

If you must be told in plain words, those Northern leaders are useless and cannot influence many people to vote for or against anyone. They aren't as influential as they made him believe.

Buhari lost against this same Jonathan in 2011. Do you think he did because the core Northerners voted for him against Buhari? Hell no! Buhari lost because both the Southwest and Middle Belt voted massively for GEJ. Make no mistake, these are some of the regions that vote based on stats only, and not out of sentiment.

In the end, what did these two regions get in return? Your guess is as good as mine. I don't mean this as in direct benefits; I do in the general sense.

As a Punch editorial by Olumhense puts it, GEJ lost because "His electoral campaigns were built on lies he never attempted to implement, he openly approved of corruption, and under his management Nigeria grew from poorly-managed to unmanageable."

If we faced the same situations again with the same players, I bet the same scenario would play out.
Nothing could be truer than this..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by michoim(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
If Jonathan is a mature politician, he should know that the game is full of intrigues. People did say that in 2011 election, GEJ bought over Tinubu and then Buhari was betrayed and he lost. But the same Buhari never made noise about it because he understand the game. And when the time came in 2015 the same Tinubu joined forces with Buhari and they won ...

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by jericco1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
ttilda:
sure
see as you fine & soft.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by xnsandrxns: 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

No further comment needed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Mayflowa(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Splashme:
The conspiracies and gang-up in the 2015 elections will take Nigeria two decades to heal the wounds

And for Obama . . . .

Nemesis just caught up with him. The bulldozer Donald Trump is equally dismantling all his legacies beginning with his baby - The Obamacare

The people own the power. Don't focus on conspiracy. If you did a wonderful job, the people would fight to die for you. Period.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
koolib:
We the Yorubas played a major role in electing Jonathan in 2011, we also played a major role in sending him back to Otuoke. Next time no Nigerian President will take the largest and most sophisticated ethnic group for granted. Before trying to correct me, note that Hausa and Fulani are of different ethnic affiliations. Hausa-Fulani is just for political dominance.

Will the Igbos and Yorubas please for once shun superiority context and unite for once?
. Igbo do wetin?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by KKKWHITE(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
Well , jonathan is better .

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by palz(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oyind17:
Who make GEJ vex lately, him just dey talk these days

I dey wonder too .o
Make dem let the lying dog sleep o or the sleeping dog lie abeg

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by joey150(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
kibra4u:

Babe nice laps. Were are you at. wink

Na because of laps you one know where she dey? grin
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:
Jonathan should shut up and stop embarrassing himself the more.

This is politics and it's a big gamble. It's winner takes it all.

He was given the opportunity and he messes it up. If Jonathan did well from 2010-2014, no matter the level of conspiracy, many of us would have voted for him, based on performance.

Performance earned fashola second term, even though he quarreled with Tinubu at the twilight of his first term.

Alao Akala did not win a second term in Oyo State, cos he failed to perform.

Ikedi Ohakim lost to owelle Rochas due to non performance.

Jonathan's loss was based on 'logistics' of poor performance and had nothing to do with conspiracy.

Same Jonathan defeated buhari hands down in 2011 and there was no conspiracy then.

Hilary Clinton lost against all odds and she has moved on, even though we all know it was a divided America.

If buhari fails, we would give him the Jonathan treatment
2019 "is around the corner now, time to gain sympathy. It will be disastrous to the future of Nigeria if Buhari and Oga Jonathan should contest again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by ukipet1: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:
Jonathan should shut up and stop embarrassing himself the more.

This is politics and it's a big gamble. It's winner takes it all.

He was given the opportunity and he messes it up. If Jonathan did well from 2010-2014, no matter the level of conspiracy, many of us would have voted for him, based on performance.

Performance earned fashola second term, even though he quarreled with Tinubu at the twilight of his first term.

Alao Akala did not win a second term in Oyo State, cos he failed to perform.

Ikedi Ohakim lost to owelle Rochas due to non performance.

Jonathan's loss was based on 'logistics' of poor performance and had nothing to do with conspiracy.

Same Jonathan defeated buhari hands down in 2011 and there was no conspiracy then.

Hilary Clinton lost against all odds and she has moved on, even though we all know it was a divided America.

If buhari fails, we would give him the Jonathan treatment
..... did u just say if Buhari failed? let me tell u, your head is not correct to still think that Buhari has done well... I am sure u are APC loyalist
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by AngelicBeing: 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
morbeta:
Jonathan stop embarrassing yourself. this is politics you played and lost.
Gbam, too late to cry when the head is cut off, he should allow us to rest, enjoy all the loot him, his wife and associates stole from the treasury or else he wants me to bring my cane out to flog him, where is my olokpa, it is time to flog these criminal Jonathan and his gangs for all their atrocities committed against the Nigerian state, nonsense, Buhari and APC will also be flogged in the nearest future if he fails to deliver the dividends of democracy, useless politicians that has milked our treasury while the masses are dying of hunger daily wink

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
With Gej latest conspiracy theory. I be like shey Nigeria dey run oligarchy ni. Do power belong to the people? . Right there are oligarchs in this country but the people's mandate can still overcome these oligarchs if jona had been good to Nigeria and her people

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by oruma19: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
ngolokante:

Hahaha... Am not sure you are following trends in the international realm... Trump is eating his words and so far, he has been unable to undo anyone of Obama's policies not even the Muslim ban he deceived many people with has been implemented instead he is inviting Muslim leaders to WH and saying he doesn't want to cancel NAFTA anymore ... And do you really believe conspiracies brought down Jonah? Hell he didn't even do anything for his people... Simply put Jonah brought down Jonah... Nothing like conspiracies
Jonathan was too small for that position at that time. One of the problems of Nigeria is that the willing guys are never allowed to achieve their dreams of steering the ship of state. We always impose stooges and end up ridiculed. Bihari who we tot was ready has come to show gross incompetence and lack of tenacity to hold on to his promises , we are in deep shiy right now cos we tilt dnt know what will happen next. Naija should just divide along religious line and let us rest. Religion is our problem, then ethnicity.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
ukipet1:
..... did u just say if Buhari failed? let me tell u, your head is not correct to still think that Buhari has done well... I am sure u are APC loyalist
so with your brain u think sey u get sense. Is 4 years over, abeg make we let logic and reason rule over emotions and tribalism. Buhari Don fail first half, the second half just start.
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by LordVoldemort(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
palz:

I dey wonder too .o
Make dem let the lying dog sleep o or the sleeping dog lie abeg

When you know EFCC is coming, you will say a lot of things to make yourself look good to the public so when the handcuff comes out he can easily shout witch hunt

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by doctokwus: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Knowing what we know now,GEJ shud av been left to contest the result of the 2015 presidential elections; so that him and his wife wud be "Gbagboed",as they trully deserve.Never seen such a clueless,dull,simpleton elevated to a station far above his brain capacity and so frittered it away on corruption,crass cluelessness, extreme low self esteem,pettiness and sheer buffoonery.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by malton: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
eleojo23:

The words in bold also applies to Buhari right now. We have come to see that his campaign was also built on lies he never intended to implement. I am just waiting for him to get the Jonathan treatment.

If Buhari doesn't get kicked out in 2019, then this country is doomed!

No doubt.

Buhari is going, this isn't even a question of if.

The suffering has reached such crushing heights that Obj looks like the best we ever had in a long while.

Personally, I never liked Buhari and never will. Although I wish him success because that will mean the success of Nigeria as well.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by Vicolan: 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
ttilda:
small thing like this una go start to insult.

To get likes naw... Don't mind them
Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by AreaFada2: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
Splashme:
The conspiracies and gang-up of 2015 elections will take Nigeria two decades to heal the wounds

And for Obama . . . .

[b]Nemesis just caught up with him. The bulldozer Donald Trump is equally dismantling all his legacies beginning with his baby - The Obamacare
[/b]

By the time Trump is through, the little that GOP or executive action allowed Obama to achieve will have been obliterated.

He will be remembered for the hype that yielded nothing. A black US president that never visited the largest black country & largest black democracy but had time to go bowing down to autocratic middle Eastern Kings.

Despite all the errors GEJ might have made, aside 14 universities, railway, free and fair elections, FG obeying rule of law, renovated airports, Freedom of Information Bill passed, he called a national conference to chart the way forward.

That conference report, a rare opportunity for our diverse country to dialogue under a democratic govt, that has been binned now will be a great undoing.

For a man dubbed clueless, he did pretty well under 6 years. People pretend as though IBB & OBJ govts were not more corrupt. They are still in their Hilltop mansions.
By all means take GEJ & his govt to court for corruption if any evidence. But please ensure IBB, OBJ & Abubakar go too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors by AreaFada2: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mayflowa:

The people own the power. Don't focus on conspiracy. If you did a wonderful job, the people would fight to die for you. Period.

You mean he should have fixed the rot of 50 years alone? shocked shocked
With an under N3 trillion Naira budget for 180 to 200 million people? shocked shocked

Even the most prepared, 100% corruption free, dedicated leader will need at least 15 to 20 years to fix 9ja. Assuming no boko Haram & Niger Delta militant issues.

You think Buhari's miracle promise will materialise after plunging us into recession with his bad policies? Oil price was already falling during 2015 campaign, no excuse there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things That Would Have Happened If Zuckerberg Visited Nigeria During PDP Era / South Africans React To President Buhari's Meeting With President Ramaphosa. / APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.