Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali (61682 Views)

Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British / South Africa’s Tete Makes Boxing History With Fastest World Title Knockout / Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Baroba(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2017
He is a good boxer but thats were the comparison ends, the heavyweight division has been morbid since the likes of Tyson and co left the stage, the division is now littered with misfits from Europe.. Lets not forget Klitschko is 41 years old.. Anthony showed courage and grit against an old man, lets congratulate him and move on.. Mohammed Ali he ain't, he doesn't have the skill set, and I don't see him aquiring that at 27years.. Good guy all the same.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Tinyemeka(m): 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
RisingUp:
WATCH THE FIGHT HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqVSxJydQc4

Hmmm... All I saw was an attempted murder by blunt force trauma!

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
lol oh boy, see muscles everywhere, the guy is extremely fit and athletic.

a report said he was once a bricklayer may have helped in solidifying his arms grin

the fight was more than ps4 boxing game.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Teebouye995(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
blackberlin:
He almost knocked egbon out cheesy grin. . . Omo komo grin

almost??
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Hdayo1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Greatigbos:

grin. Yoruba boy wey no dey proud to use his yoruba name
Your ignorance is from another planet. Check his right shoulder and tell me what u see on it. The boy is even a muslim and he's not afraid to let the world know let alone being Nigerian/Yoruba. Also, check is Twitter handle and tell me the meaning of the "F" between Anthony and Joshua....
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Tisham20(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
UK citizen we de hear the make noise
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by calberian: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
jerfey114:
It's too early abeg. grin
Who go win between this guy and Mayweather

They're not in the same class. The american will require much more than fair weather to last a round.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by ManTiger(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
The guy try sha but he called out Tyson Fury, so we see. Beating Wlad doesn't mean he's better, UK media can overhype their own, he should be careful
Tyson Fury will not last 8 round. Joshua is currently at his best and he can has this form for the next 5 - 6yrs cos he's young. He throw punches to kill not to score points like Mayweather.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
Wow!....only clueless people would say such rubbish....heavyweight legend Klitschko.... Joshua can be as good as Ali.... Joshua can be as big as Ali. In the Ali photo... was he celebraging?...or taunting? ....these are the lazy blogger types aspiring to be the next Linda Ikeji.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by 0955eb027(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
Abeg. He has no skill or leg movement. Lame comparison. Showed grit tho. Abeg make una no use mention kill me grin. D guy is d best presently. D comparison be lik d usual messi/ronaldo vs pele argument
Don't be too quick to judge bro.
I have seen some of his clips, and i must confess he s got those tinz.
Although, he might not be as fast as Muhammed Ali or Mike.
Again, the quality of opponent determines if you are gonna go all out or not.
You can't be super confident when you are up against the Klitschko's; the reason he was careful.

P.S: Messi is better than Ronaldo and Pele combined.
I am Arsenal fan BTW.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by press005: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
aribisala0:

First you are taking my line. I already said that
Different people age differently
Which you already quoted but earlier you said

So if you can agree to that then there really is nothing left to discuss is there? Make up your mind which is it

STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF

Foreman did not have as much mileage? A guy who had 40 professional fights at age 25 and 81 professional fights in total? If he was to have mileage how manyy fights would he have?

senior men, i dy enjoy dis educative argument and analysis oo.....u guys should should carry on
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by press005: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
0955eb027:

Don't be too quick to judge bro.
I have seen some of his clips, and i must confess he s got those tinz.
Although, he might not be as fast as Muhammed Ali or Mike.
Again, the quality of opponent determines if you are gonna go all out or not.
You can't be super confident when you are up against the Klitschko's; the reason he was careful.

P.S: Messi is better than Ronaldo and Pele combined.
I am Arsenal fan BTW.

u spoke well bt ended it wrongly
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
Teebouye995:

almost??

Do you know the meaning of a knock out? Google is your friend
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
davidif:

Actually i do have a point because a younger Klitschko will most likely have done away with this guy earlier in the fight so stop it already.

You dont know jack about boxing bros.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
which one be bad belle na. Too soon for comparison. Mk i go fight am. U wan send me into 50 years coma abi

Hey my friend.. Believe in yourself, you can do this..

I go dae ya back grin
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by GeneralOjukwu: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Klitshcko beat the shit out of Samuel Peters, a Biafran....

Anthony Joshua, a Nigerian revenged.

BIAFRANS SHOULD THANK NIGERIANS

Bow down to someone greater than you like Klitschko did

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Limitless72(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
blackberlin:
I'm a die hard AJ fan, but to be honest, I was a bit skeptical before the match cos I thought AJ was a bit inexperienced compared to Wladmir, even Lennox Lewis doubted AJ was gonna win. He's won most of his fights based on fitness, but yesterday, homeboy really surprised me. . . He showed everyone he's a combination of fitness and brains. He conserved his energy (they both did) till the latter rounds and then unleashed on bros Klitschko. He almost knocked egbon out cheesy grin. . . Omo komo grin

For the next 10 years, the boy's gon be beating everybody! Big ups Naija blood! cool

Nah now una dey consider am as 9ja boi....
But una govt no do anything about im career...
#MTCHEW.....Nigerians can be so pathetic...
Their govt is nothing to write home about....
Them just dey leave bags of talents to dey waste
Why those at the helm of affairz steals fortunes enough to transform the country in less than a year..
That country need breakup abeg...Nonsense
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by piagetskinner(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
I don't know anything about boxing..

I don't know the guy
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
Limitless72:

Nah now una dey consider am as 9ja boi....
But una govt no do anything about im career...
#MTCHEW.....Nigerians can be so pathetic...
Their govt is nothing to write home about....
Them just dey leave bags of talents to dey waste
Why those at the helm of affairz steals fortunes enough to transform the country in less than a year..
That country need breakup abeg...Nonsense

The guy himself identifies with Nigeria, he speaks yoruba and loves the country. You'll see the interview on youtube.
Who naija govt don help? Govt don help u? Dem no help even home based athletes. . . But that doesn't mean we dont have the ng blood in our veins. Nigerian govt self need help, so that one n be big deal.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by DeRay98(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
comparing the late great ali to this over blotted, steroid taking bouncer "boxer" lol, nothing pesin no go hear for this Nairaland. Wladmir has demanded a rematch AJ don enta one chance cool cool

Joshua started boxing in his late teens less than 10yrs ago.
Absence of very talented heavyweights in recent years means the few with potentials are elevated quickly as far they are coping and winning that's fine.
20yrs ago a fighter with 20 fights is not ready for the big fights. So Joshua, though not yet a classic fighter in modes we have seen decades past, he still learning and growing on the job. He is not in his peak yet.
His lack fights of this magnitude before now was revealed in this fight but his ability to improve in endurance and go on was also seen. In few fights like this in the next 2 yrs, if he survives boxers will fear him.
In the re-match if it happens though part of their contracts, WK might not be this lucky because A.J has learned and he decimate Klitschko
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by oodua1stson: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
Sorry. But I don't want himhim compared with mohammed Ali. Ali as a fighter never at any point in his career had the kind of power Joshua has. And Ali went the distance with scrawny fighters who would get bombed in 2 rounds by Tyson or Joshua
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by aribisala0(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mike Tyson became World Boxing Chamion at the age of 20 because he was very talented. His coevals e.g Lewis matured at a later date and peaked at a different time. Go and see how he demolished Trevor Berbick at 20 and Larry Holmes at 21.He was elevated very quickly but his peers like Lewis became Chaampion at 27

Bernard Hopkins had his first professional bout at the age of 23 and his first shot at World title aged 28 which he lost to the great Roy Jones Junior whom he beat many years later. His late entry is no indication of a shortage of talent at time.
Quite likely many late entrants already have some kind of street fighting experience and probably been to prison . This certainly was the case with Hopkins. Hopkins got his shot at world title in five years which is truly remarkable fr a person who came in to the sport so late at 23 and went on to fight at the highest level for over 20 year.s
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by DaPuncline: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

19 fights against who? The only respectable fight AJ has had was against WK last night and we all had our hearts in our throat. An ageing 40 something year old knocked down the "new" muhammed ali twice lol. At 22 ALI held the WBA, WBC titles. Guys lets not get caught up in the hype, AJ na body builder and there is a GREAT difference between bodybuilding and boxing. He has no foot work, no athleticism , no body movement. He is very lucky he didn't face the same WK that carried out a facial surgery on Samuel peter 7yrs ago. WK don old finish na.
You this igbo boy, you are still basking in the euphoria of ur hatred for AJ, the only problem you have with him is his Yoruboid blood. You've really taken ur hatred to another level. Stupid mothe.r.f.uker. You were here yesterday ranting he's gonna lose now he won you are still complaining. dem use hatred swear for ur household? You even open ur dirty mouth to say his only respectable fight was against WK? what about his fights against Dillian whyte? even Charles martin the média said he's too young to fight, he's a southpaw AJ still dealt with him and knocked him down within 2 rounds, i've never seen a soul filled with hatred like this in my life, learn to celebrate success when you are still alive to see one even if your linear has never produced a successful person. AJ has no athleticism yet he won the olympic medal, WK could not survive his upper cut, 70percent of his opponent never witnessed the Fourth round!! Your plan was him to loose so that you can come here to mocked the yorubas but guess what? you failed, your generation failed, your parent failed, yout siblings failed. i hate you so much for this ur irrelevant hatred. F. uck you and you are a bastard if you fail to reply.

3 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by DaPuncline: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

My question still stands, 19 fights against who? AJ should capitalise on the travesty that is the heavyweight category at the moment. He has a smart team around him, I am sure they would keep cherry-picking below par opponents for him to face, all he has to do now is fight 15 more bums and next thing you know he would have the word "undisputed" tagged to his name. A lot of boxers have made a decent career out of their mediocre skill set. AJ shouldn't be any different.
Leave the young boxer alone and face ur terrible dilapidated life, like i said earlier, your main problem with AJ is because he's not an igbo man. Your hatred and agitation is legendary. omo ale.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by DaPuncline: 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Yes o!! Wladmir has demanded a rematch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4459536/Anthony-Joshua-vs-Wladimir-Klitschko-rematch.html

Do you think AJ is afraid of a rematch? see this dummy! trying so hard to discredit AJ's success but guess what? its too late for you nigger! the young dude is everywhere on the news. bastard son of a bitch.

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by DaPuncline: 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
LorDBolton:

Exactly , the klitchsko I know couldn't loose his bearings so easily

Also when the ref ended the bout I was surprised Cos he was taking punishment but he wasn't actually being pummeled

Think I'm lying ? Go cheek out his face immediately after the bout !

I really think boxing is dead , no more gutter rats na ajebutter fight dem dey do ...
Lennox lewis dealt with him same way to the extent the ref stopped the fight. i guess he got to his breaking point yesterday and nothing could be done.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by nico007: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=ednut1 post=56056508]Abeg. He has no skill or leg movement.

abeg who get dictionary to translate this English for me
No be pikin wey pass sabi book ?
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by nico007: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
Abeg. He has no skill or leg movement.

Abeg who get dictionary to translate this English for me

No be pikin wey pass sabi book ?
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by yellowman2225(m): 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Greatigbos:

grin. Yoruba boy wey no dey proud to use his yoruba name

Do you know Samuel Peter's Nigerian name?

Bad Belle. If you are in his shoes, would you have left that useless chukwudi (9ja na bad business) timestamp on your career. shioor
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Glocal1: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
chiraqDemon:
Anthony Ali
Wish i could watch the match but i couldnt find any channel that showed it
www.youtube.com search anthony joshua
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Neckfort(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
The guy try sha but he called out Tyson Fury, so we see. Beating Wlad doesn't mean he's better, UK media can overhype their own, he should be careful
AJ is good he can beat any boxer on the planet... Go and check his stat

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Neckfort(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
comparing the late great ali to this over blotted, steroid taking bouncer "boxer" lol, nothing pesin no go hear for this Nairaland. Wladmir has demanded a rematch AJ don enta one chance cool cool
... U just open ur dirty mouth and say things that u don't have a clue about, did u see him take steroid? Aj is a hard working and devoted boxer..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Celebrates Eid Mubarak With His Wife, Zulay / Amara Kanu Stuns In Snake Print Mini Skirt / Mikel Obi Flaunts His Home Interior Design (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.