Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,450 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali (61664 Views)

Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British / South Africa’s Tete Makes Boxing History With Fastest World Title Knockout / Anthony Joshua: The World Heavy Weight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2017
tinktanker:
can't wait to see him fight deontay Wilder n dat big mouthed fury or ortiz

He'll beat them both for sure...
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2017
blackberlin:

That 41 year old man was ready to beat him to stupor. He had the experience and he was fitter than most 20 year olds, so you don't have a point. Most of you think being 40 means you're automatically unfit. . . Well... Bash Ali was still fighting in his 50s. . . So stop that thing you're saying.

Actually i do have a point because a younger Klitschko will most likely have done away with this guy earlier in the fight so stop it already.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2017
davidif:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!!!!!!! Age is everything in sport especially boxing. Klitschko was out there fighting a young buck and father time and if there is anything we have learnt, its that father time is undefeated.
Explain the phenomenon of Bernard Hopkins.
You sound very young without good knowledge of boxing I could go on an on but I urge you to go and study the fight CV of Foreman and look at the names of people he beat in his forties including Gerry Cooney ,Michael Moorer Axel Schulz and Lou Savarese
Age is very important but two things

1. It is not everything
2. What is the best age? at what age does a boxer become "old"

People age differently.

Mike Tyson certainly peaked much earlier than his coevals and aged much earlier too. Holyfield who is older than Tyson beat him TWICE.
Many would consider Floyd Mayweather old a long time ago and no one has been able to beat him

3 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 9:54am On Apr 30, 2017
gypsey:
are you my accountant? or HMRC? grin

Its a slang for show us proof. Photographic evidence should suffice for a public medium like nairaland.

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by ednut1(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2017
bigiyaro:
Somebody defeated a heavyweight legend via a TKO, a u dey open ur rotten mouth to say AJ no get skills, shy Na ur papa him use win D fight? the Nigerian evil spirit is manifesting in u, the type that made the UK basking in the glory of a feat achieved by a NIGERIAN.
officially British duh. He is good no doubt
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by kings09(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Watch as our stupid n negligent govt invite him over for national honours n dash him chieftaincy titles.

What a useless thing we hv called leadership
fuckingAyaya:
Nigeria disappointed him UK appointed him.lesson every disappointment is a blessing in disguise
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2017
davidif:

Its a slang for show us proof. Photographic evidence should suffice for a public medium like nairaland.
well..I am not one those people who take pictures, I don't need to besides I work inside the stadium as one of the security personals (SIA) we are allowed to watch live matches or boxing events for free but we must not take photos or ask for Autographs, we will get the opportunity to see football players and celebrities but no pictures. okay?

2 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Yes o!! Wladmir has demanded a rematch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4459536/Anthony-Joshua-vs-Wladimir-Klitschko-rematch.html

I like the Klitschko brothers I call them brothers of destruction during their time but Wladimir is too old. AJ go yeye that bros again.

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 10:01am On Apr 30, 2017
aribisala0:

Explain the phenomenon of Bernard Hopkins.
You sound very young without good knowledge of boxing I could go on an on but I urge you to go and study the fight CV of Foreman and look at the names of people he beat in his forties including Gerry Cooney ,Michael Moorer Axel Schulz and Lou Savarese
Age is very important but two things

1. It is not everything
2. What is the best age? at what age does a boxer become "old"

People age differently.

Mike Tyson certainly peaked much earlier than his coevals and aged much earlier too. Holyfield who is older than Tyson beat him TWICE.
Many would consider Floyd Mayweather old a long time ago and no one has been able to beat him

The question you should ask yourself is this: Would a 30 year old Klitschko have beaten this young start with only 19 fights under his belt? That's the answer right there.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:02am On Apr 30, 2017
azimibraun:
W Klitchko took a dive to introduce the new face of the heavyweight division. Now the division has the world' attention again. Mayweather and Paquio of a lower weight division, Kept boxing going for a while now they are old and gone. The heavy weight division in particular and boxing in general must use Joshua to regain prominence. All hail kitchko the saviour of the sport. From now on AJ will attract so much attention and have sold out arenas and the culture of heavy weight boxing wil sure be at the top burner for the next 10yrs. This whole thing started from Tyson fury who the Cabal staged as having taking banned substance to prevent two British Joshua and Fury fighting which wiil attract less attention to giving the last of the old guard Klitchko the opportunity to launch AJ properly and more realistically with this huge global attention it got in Joshua's home country and fans and not Las Vegas. I am happy for AJ and am happy for kltchko for being part of this history.

See conspiracy theorist! shocked shocked shocked shocked. I bow for u o, shuo!

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2017
tinktanker:
i cant wait to c dat fight, AJ v wilder

It should be something but i will like to see him fight Tyson Fury first.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Bridget95(f): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2017
veekid:
That Yoruba boy
you people don come again.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 10:06am On Apr 30, 2017
gypsey:
well..I am not one those people who take pictures, I don't need to besides I work inside the stadium as one of the security personals (SIA) we are allowed to watch lives matches or boxing events for free but we must not take photos or ask for Autographs, we will get the opportunity to see football players and celebrities but no pictures. okay?

2 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Na leg them dey use box? grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, if u no sabi use leg switch to evade a punch or fake an attack or launch an attack, u wont last one round in the ring.
The leg work launches d body n hands

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Boyooosa(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2017
Greatigbos:

grin. Yoruba boy wey no dey proud to use his yoruba name
DONT BE MYOPIC IN FORMING OPINION MOST ESP WHEN YOU RE IN A PUBLIC PLACE. AJ IS A SUITABLE BRAND FOR HIM, YORUBA NAME DOESNT STOP OR HELP HIM TO BECOME WHAT HE IS TODAY.

3 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Twizzy30(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2017
jerfey114:
It's too early abeg. grin
Who go win between this guy and Mayweather
They are not in the same category... He will kill maywheather
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=davidif post=56060606][/quote] Anything else you would like to add? grin or ask
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by isblog(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2017
smogup:
Nigeria's miss is UK's gain. Anyways the forces that be in Nigeria might have stopped him from reaching his full potential

Very true
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
Abeg. He has no skill or leg movement. Lame comparison. Showed grit tho. Abeg make una no use mention kill me grin. D guy is d best presently. D comparison be lik d usual messi/ronaldo vs pele argument

Don't they have gloves in your size?

1 Like

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by GavelSlam: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2017
olaniyi0:
Just like the ibo boy tammy abraham wey no dey use Igbo name cool

Tammy is not igbo.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

See conspiracy theorist! shocked shocked shocked shocked. I bow for u o, shuo!
i suspect that individual has been smoking some very strong high grade ganja grin
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by sunrisemed01: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
good effort pays. i was inspired
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
gypsey:
Anything else you would like to add? grin or ask

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by antzlaive(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Pls is he related to senior Prophet TB Joshua? Am asking for a friend.
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=davidif post=56060781][/quote] thanks for the compliments. grin. now come back to the real world and start living in a reality
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:14am On Apr 30, 2017
gypsey:
i suspect that individual has smoking some very strong high grade ganja grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by aribisala0(m): 10:14am On Apr 30, 2017
davidif:

The question you should ask yourself is this: Would a 30 year old Klitschko have beaten this young start with only 19 fights under his belt? That's the answer right there.
That is idle speculation .In heavyweight boxing anyone can beat anyone.
All it takes is one punch and carelessness
go and see Lewis v Rahman. 1
Who exactly did he fight when he was 30 years old. Chris Byrd,Calvin Brock and Ray Austin.

To date who is the biggest name he has fought? Apart fro recycling old opponents like Samuel Peter and Chris Byrd I am really struggling to think of a fight that is outstanding.The truth is heavyweight boxing has been in the doldrums for a very long time with no solid figghters compared to the 70s 80s and 90s

I could say to you that a 41 year old Klitschko would have struggled against a 45 year old George Foreman. I believe that but I would be speculating.

Certainly in the 90s the Klitschko brothers would have been journeymen

In 1994 27 year old Michael Moorer was the world champion in his last fight he had just beaten Evander Holyfield to win the World Titles.

This is his next fight against George Foman aged 45 years the following year. He got knocked out in round 10 . It was not an early knockout where we could say i was just luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-WR3qcWp4

IF YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE SEEN THIS YOU BETTER DO

5 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Heineken(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2017
jerfey114:
It's too early abeg. grin
Who go win between this guy and Mayweather
bro Mayweather fit kill Aj o. That Mayweather blows dey deadly
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by Brushless: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
lilfreezy:
AJ fought well, his youthfulness counted. Let's not forget klitschko is 41 and put up a fight like that. A younger klitschko would have killed AJ in 3 rounds. The fight was an epic one and would go down in history. Congrats to AJ cool
You forget that this boxers are great tacticians, Klitschko knew who he was fighting, therefore was trying for an early kill while AJ also read well his opponent game plans and decided to absorb and wear him down to be able to deliver the best, which, God willing he was able to execute successfuly.

2 Likes

Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by AntiWailer: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
smogup:
Nigeria's miss is UK's gain. Anyways the forces that be in Nigeria might have stopped him from reaching his full potential

Abi
Re: This Photo Makes Boxing Fans Proclaim Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali by davidif: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2017
aribisala0:

That is idle speculation .In heavyweight boxing anyone can beat anyone.
All it takes is one punch and carelessness
go and see Lewis v Rahman. 1
Who exactly did he fight when he was 30 years old. Chris Byrd,Calvin Brock and Ray Austin.

To date who is the biggest name he has fought? Apart fro recycling old opponents like Samuel Peter and Chris Byrd I am really struggling to think of a fight that is outstanding.The truth is heavyweight boxing has been in the doldrums for a very long time with no solid figghters compared to the 70s 80s and 90s

I could say to you that a 41 year old Klitschko would have struggled against a 45 year old George Foreman. I believe that but I would be speculating.

Certainly in the 90s the Klitschko brothers would have been journeymen

In 1997 27 year old Michael Moorer was the world champion in his last fight he had just beaten Evander Holyfield to win the World Titles.

This is his next fight against George Foman aged 45 years the following year. He got knocked out in round 10 . It was not and early knockout where we could say i was just luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-WR3qcWp4

Dude, different folks age differently. Stop comparing foreman to Klitschko. They both aged differently. Besides, Foreman retired earlier in his career and did not have as much mileage on him than Klitschko has right now and that's why he was able to come back.

Secondly, Klitschko lost to Deontay Wilder in the previous fight. In fact the fight was so bad that Klitschko could barely even get off punches talkless of landing them. That showed how much his skills have eroded. Like i said earlier, father time has caught to the man and he needs to walk away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Equatorial Guinea Vs Nigeria: AWCON 2018 (0 - 6) On 24th November 2018 / Iran Women Attend First Football Match In 40 Years (Photos) / Anthony Joshua's Sister Shows Him Support After His Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.