Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Can You ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You ? (4530 Views)

American Man Lands In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride Whom He Has Never Met. Photos / This Young Couple's Prewedding Photo Will Make You Fall In Love Again (pictures) / I Have Never Met An Independent Woman Who Dates Nigerians – South African Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You ? by shestrong(f): 11:15am On May 01, 2017
NemzySeries:
yes na........ infact i already am wit d OP

lol nemzy ,uve come again grin

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by shestrong(f): 11:17am On May 01, 2017
Halfpenny:
I did and it felt a little silly so I wouldn't recommend it to others. I think I fell in love with what I thought he was because I obviously didn't know him on a personal everyday level. I fell in love with what he typed. I don't regret it because it did what it needed to do and I got what I needed at the time but after many months it fell apart because the foundation was set on words on a screen.

Aww! sounds bad
but did u ever meet him in person?
Re: Can You ? by shestrong(f): 1:25pm On May 01, 2017
DanielLee5:
Once I chatted with a girl during 2 weeks and yep, we fell in love, our relationships lasted for 2 years on something. My sister met her SO online, too ( at http://www.uniformdating.com/ ). I think everything is possible.

that's really cool
Re: Can You ? by NemzySeries(m): 3:01pm On May 01, 2017
shestrong:

wat God has blown hiz whistle on, let no nairalander decline grin

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by linearity: 3:16pm On May 01, 2017
TrapQueen77:
grin

My bestie met her hubby thru dating site..they met only twice in person and her hubby proposed to her...the nxt thing, they got married which i missed it sad

Now they have this beautiful daughter ...

Love conquers everything ONLY if 2 ppol are fighting for each other & this is very important in every relationship grin

Though, it might not be true in the case you just alluded to, but it is wrong to conclude that; because two people got married and/or proceeded to have kids thereafter means, they love each other.

Many people marry for different reasons, irrespective of how they met and I will dare say that, most marriages entered into these days are because of things other than love.
Re: Can You ? by rockyh(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
shestrong:
If you are friends with someone on the Internet and chat with them on messenger programs for example, you would know what am talking about.Although ,personally, i've not fallen in love with someone online but I have felt connected in some ways to people whom i have never met face to face.
If you happen to know someone over the net,u can feel connected if ur ideas or views match theirs.
But could such a love stand the test of time?
Would such a love overcome the potentially high expectations generated by an online or virtual personality?
Would such a love,come to terms with the reality of physical imperfections or deficiencies?
These r important questions to consider
Assuming that a couple has met over the Internet or over the phone through a friend or someone ,the more interesting thing I'd like to know is what would be their reaction when they infact meet in person for the first time?
What if the persons turns out not to be as attractive physically when u first meet them?
can you overlook that fact and love them the same way u did as before u met them?
What about the potential of anonymity?people who mask their true identities online
You may have good intentions ,honest ,genuine nd want real love,but can you be sure that the person ure chatting to or speaking with share those intentions?
Please share ur experiences if any.
my best relationship was with a lady I av never met in my life before she got married she took permission from me

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 01, 2017
linearity:

[s]Though, it might not be true in the case you just alluded to, but it is wrong to conclude that; because two people got married and/or proceeded to have kids thereafter means, they love each other.

Many people marry for different reasons, irrespective of how they met and I will dare say that, most marriages entered into these days are because of things other than love.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by oluwamae(f): 9:42pm On May 01, 2017
abimic:
Hmmmmmmmmm.. . Oluwamae comes to mind.. . It's well.. .. .
come on...
Re: Can You ? by marstolulope(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2017
its kinda complicated cos i hve a girl now dat we've never met, buh shez kinda nice
Re: Can You ? by shestrong(f): 11:41pm On May 01, 2017
rockyh:
[color=#006600][/color]my best relationship was with a lady I av never met in my life before she got married she took permission from me

wow! that's grt
my conclusion is, i think it works for some nd does not work for the others
Do we call is LUCK?
Re: Can You ? by rockyh(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2017
shestrong:

wow! that's grt
my conclusion is, i think it works for some nd does not work for the others
Do we call is LUCK?
dear I believe it's how open partners are to each other that encourages the trust to carry on in a relationship whereby partners av not seen each other yet the bond is so strong that you feel each other's presence even when u are not there

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by Lionessza(f): 8:00am On May 02, 2017
"Love conquers all ", only in fairytales in reality love is only one of the ingredients that makes a relationship strong. Love is a feeling that inevitably changes ( therefore unreliable). The only way that a relationship can work is if you can accept the imperfections , if you cant then you are wasting both your time . If you cant accept the things that aren't so good about your partner then you can't fully committ to them , and a relationship without commitment is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by NemzySeries(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2017
shestrong:

saw dis post.... https://www.nairaland.com/2474859/ladies-it-bad-idea-spread watz ur view.

1 Like

Re: Can You ? by shestrong(f): 1:16pm On May 02, 2017
Lionessza:
"Love conquers all ", only in fairytales in reality love is only one of the ingredients that makes a relationship strong. Love is a feeling that inevitably changes ( therefore unreliable). The only way that a relationship can work is if you can accept the imperfections , if you cant then you are wasting both your time . If you cant accept the things that aren't so good about your partner then you can't fully committ to them , and a relationship without commitment is doomed.

Well said dear
Re: Can You ? by Lionessza(f): 1:21pm On May 02, 2017
shestrong:

Well said dear

Thanks hun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Bearded Ladies Who Defied Beauty Conventions / Shocking Video: Man Got Trapped Inside His Wife's V While Making Love To Her / Please I Need Your Advice My Neighbour Girlfriend Is On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.