Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It (36306 Views)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by AmbodOfLASU: 1:41pm On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing

Good afternoon. Please, how can I get a soft copy of the book?

Thanks.
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by kahara(m): 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
jaybee:

Write your own book first before criticizing someone who has published his own. NO BE MOUTH,
pls.

This is not a contest. We are not in a contest with anyone. A book will drop definitely.
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by citizenY(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2017
pesinfada:
How much did APC pay u to write dis crap.

How much did PDP pay you to ask me that question?
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by citizenY(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2017
kahara:
A book that was written with every ink flowing with prejudice and bias can not be taken seriously. Your impression of the said book even betrayed your unabashed and unhidden dislike and displeasure for GEJ. A journalist has written, it is left for us historians to put pen to paper and say it as it should be from historical point of view with minimal or no subjectivity.

1) There is no prejudice there as the writer based it on interviews with the subject/subjects and prevalent events. He also stated clearly that he had clearance to publish such interviews.

2) I am entitled to my opinion. You will realise that my post laid emphasis on how Nigerians are the victims. I also asked if Buhari is also going through the same shenanigans.

3) This is living history. It does not require any archival/ antiquated analysis. I am only giving my view. I do not need to gather material as you *historians" or "intellectuals " are fong d of doing. I read a book, I made my comments. Please feel free to include iit n your material when you want to put pen to paper in the year 3000.

4) Finally, a word of advise. If you have not read the book, do so and start from the foreword , not from Chapter 1. That is what intellectuals do. There you will find that Mr Adeniyi clearly stated that he interviewed people, made a follow up by submitting the material to them, just to make sure they agree with his submission before publishing it.

Historians/ intellectuals don't just put pen to paper on the spur of the moment. Stop spreading your ignorance here.

Sorry to burst your bubble , but you are not a student of history as you claim to be. I still maintain that whatever I said here is my own opinion. Let me even go further to advise you to publish your acvounnt that is devoid of "every flowing ink of prejudice and bias". You can write it with Akamu or draw soup.

2 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by NoBetterNigeria: 3:31pm On May 01, 2017
Please, can i get the soft copy? Abegi

FirstCounsel:
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 01, 2017
citizenY:

How much did PDP pay you to ask me that question?
lol
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by gbengaizzHe: 6:21pm On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:

Please send me a copy here... gbengaisrael@ymail.com thanks
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by jollyking: 6:56pm On May 01, 2017
ajbabs:

What are you saying? I said research on my posts, that is all.
Meanwhile, here is the(soft) copy of the book. Take it.

Please share the soft copy. My email is jollykingsam@yandex.com

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Saraki, Emefiele, Abdulfatah Visit Tshonga Farms (Photos) / Father Mbaka 'Embarrasses' Peter Obi For Not Donating To Church (watch) / 39 Senators Fail To Sponsor Bill In Six Months (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.