Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It (36312 Views)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by kinibigdeal(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2017
We will write about PMB failure in 2020
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by omenkaLives(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:

Thank you.

And @nwabobo had the nerve to ask what my father has achieved!!!!!

Some people are still on the soapbox . This is 2017 .

If the book portrayed my assessment, what is the use of the time and resources spent in Jonathan's tenure? This is why I agree with OBJ. Jonathan was too small for that enterprise.

I advise @nwabobo to read the book first.. Or his father did not teach him how to read? My father tried o.
There are thousands of ill bred and overly emotional kids on the forum these days. They swarmed in here few months before Jonathan lost the election and their numbers swelled just after his defeat.

These are kids who should share their opinion nowhere beyond 2go, but Oga Seun, out of his magnanimity, has given then an extra platform to show the world how silly a child can be.

Do well to ignore such people as you go about your business here.

Nicely written Op I must add.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by ndcide(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2017
For personal reasons I'll wait for that of Reno Omokri. I'll get that one. Some of the things in this Adeniyi's book is what I know. People are already twisting it.

1 Like

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by benueguy(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2017
Sodiq3:
I hardly read a book of 200pages upward within 12hrs. I did that today. The book is informative. We citizens are just mere spectators in Nigeria
political environment. lots are happening behind
the scene. We only have knowledge of what the
actors want us to know.
How do I get the book?
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Nobody: 9:18am On May 01, 2017
Mr Adeniyi should be commended for helping more of us know what goes on behind the scenes.

I love his clear writing style and his attention to detail is almost legendary.

We need more books like this.

P.S. Happy Workers' Day

1 Like

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by citizenY(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2017
Cyberknight:

Yes, Jonathan failed to conquer the harsh terrain of Nigerian politics, agreed. But this is not his failure alone, it is the failure of all of us. Nigeria belongs to some people, that much we know and they dictate what happens in every government and are untouchable even in adverse governments. So the fact is that unlike in the UK or the US or other civilised countries, (which are also countries more powerful than Nigeria is or probably ever will be, given our failures of leadership and our inability to get our act together), an ordinary man like a former physics lecturer like Merkel or a former welfare recipient like Obama cannot emerge, build confidence and govern this country. In Nigeria, one has to be a member of the cabal or their person. Hence the corollary is that NO ORDINARY MAN can ever rule Nigeria, including you and I. So lets stp blaming Jonathan, and resign ourselves to the fact that our children and our children's children will be misgoverned ad infinitum by the powers that be in Nigeria.

Read my piece again. I am not blaming him. I am blaming the whole contraption that is betraying our trust.Take it or leave it, that is politics for you. What I yearn for is that utopia.... Politics with a human face. For obvious reasons, the common man is docile. All we have is a big mouth.

Listen to the pkone in programmes on radio. We are all presidents, legislators, coaches, engineers, judges ,governors rolled into one. We cannot agree on one thing. Everybody has
an opinion hat is at best divisive. But then that is democracy for you.
I digress.
Talking of "advanced" democracies, they have their own problems that are beyond NEPA, school enrolment,second Niger bridge or zoning. For instance, Europe as a warehouse for stolen funds from the third world. They are only waking up now because thieves from Nigeria et al are bastardizing their legal and financial structures. A Nigerian crook will pay more and in cash for a property that in the process distorts the market value of real estate in the neighbourhood. Ke will induce a lawyer in Fenchurch street , London, to arrange phony deals etc etc. Europe was turning into the case of the doctor becoming the patient.

4 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by omenkaLives(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2017
danot1030:

I just read the below from a writer up in vanguard newspaper titled "THE $289M SPECIAL VOTE TO NIA IS ECONOMIC SABOTAGE ":

Who would have thought that a President of any nation, even a Banana Republic, said to be a Ph.D holder would in one day sign off N289 million to a security outfit without authority from the National Assembly, NASS, and have the funds withdrawn illegally from a government agency?

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/289m-special-vote-nia-economic-sabotage/

That you really believe the lies of Jonathan government and the bogus claim that he made Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa is an indication that Jonathan was not only clueless but has also infected his supporters like you with incurable cluelessness.

He made Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa and the treasury was empty by time he left, he made Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa and he was having problem paying workers salary, he made Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa and he deflated the foreign reserve almost to empty, he made Nigeria the biggest economy in Africa and he depleted the excess crude account from $115b in 2011 to $3b in 2015

Please bros your mumu don do, get your people to take you to TB Joshua for a section of deliverance from mumurity infection.
Jonathan taking that credit of "biggest economy in Africa" remains one of his most fraudulent claims to this day. What happened was that the economy was REBASED, that is, our GDP was recalculated with the inclusion of indices which were hitherto ignored such as Nollywood, construction, and telecoms.

Pray tell, how exactly was Jonathan responsible for the establishment, dine, or growth of those three industries?

When they saw the country was making soooo much money yet they had nothing to show for it, they just had to come up with this, something that was a mare mathematical exercise, to wet the beaks of their gullible supporters.

Look at the deafening noise they were making about railways as though the system we had could then be compared to what obtains in China! As a matter of fact, dude decided to hinge his entire campaign on the "revamp of our railway sector"!! I couldn't believe that horseshit!

I had to travel down to makurdi the day the then vp was in town to "commission the rehabilitated tracks in makurdi" with some newly acquired train just to see if it was same "Makurdi" I know they were talking about.

Those criminals contracted some boys to patch up the potholes at Tito Gate railway crossing, and poured some gravel along the tracks over a distance of about two kilometres - that was what they showed cameramen and the world!! I took pics and uploaded them here to show the world what a fraudster Jonathan was. Beyond the places they showed the world ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW was done on those tracks.

The biggest lie they told about that episode was that trains could Now go from Makurdi to Port Harcourt! I was like WTF! shocked

Aufbuah should know what I'm talking about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Nukualofa: 9:23am On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
There are thousands of ill bred and overly emotional kids on the forum these days. They swarmed in here few months before Jonathan lost the election and their numbers swelled just after his defeat.

These are kids who should share their opinion nowhere beyond 2go, but Oga Seun, out of his magnanimity, has given then an extra platform to show the world how silly a child can be.

Do well to ignore such people as you go about your business here.

Nicely written Op I must add.
Kudos for writing about yourself

2 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by ajbabs(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
You might go jail for intellectual theft and piracy. Cease and desist right now
What are you saying? I said research on my posts, that is all.
Meanwhile, here is the(soft) copy of the book. Take it.

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2017
FirstCounsel:
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing

Guy share am na... Hope say no b PDF Sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: "He's Not My Friend, He Defamed Me, But..." / PDP Primaries: Dino Melaye Loses Rerun To Reps Member, Tajudeen Yusuf / Ademola Adeleke Wins 17 Out Of 30 LGs Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.