Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It (36319 Views)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Tayomi37(m): 8:30am On May 01, 2017
Sodiq3:
I hardly read a book of 200pages upward within 12hrs. I did that today. The book is informative. We citizens are just mere spectators in Nigeria
political environment. lots are happening behind
the scene. We only have knowledge of what the
actors want us to know.
pls i need this book, my mail is tayomi37@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by aolawale025: 8:37am On May 01, 2017
The book could as well have been written by the APC media wing. If it had an historical perspective, would have been a great write up
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by drnoel: 8:37am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.

My interest in this book has been triggered. How do I get my hand on a copy?
Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Cyberknight: 8:39am On May 01, 2017
citizenY:
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.

Yes, Jonathan failed to conquer the harsh terrain of Nigerian politics, agreed. But this is not his failure alone, it is the failure of all of us. Nigeria belongs to some people, that much we know and they dictate what happens in every government and are untouchable even in adverse governments. So the fact is that unlike in the UK or the US or other civilised countries, (which are also countries more powerful than Nigeria is or probably ever will be, given our failures of leadership and our inability to get our act together), an ordinary man like a former physics lecturer like Merkel or a former welfare recipient like Obama cannot emerge, build confidence and govern this country. In Nigeria, one has to be a member of the cabal or their person. Hence the corollary is that NO ORDINARY MAN can ever rule Nigeria, including you and I. So lets stp blaming Jonathan, and resign ourselves to the fact that our children and our children's children will be misgoverned ad infinitum by the powers that be in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action / Another Fallen Hero(picture) / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.