Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua (26538 Views)

Anthony Joshua's Close Friends Die Of Coronavirus / Exposed:The Nigerian Boxing Official Who Rejected Anthony Joshua 10 Years Ago / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2017
abescom:
Reminds me the story of David Alaba that was sent back from the Under 17 camp years ago because he doesn't have boots.
bros u can lie o
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by PataAlhaja(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2017
...too bad!

Nigeria's loss, Great Britain's gain.

Perhaps, he might not have gone this far if he had represented Nigeria, considering the huge difference in structures and facilities between the 2 countries.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by chyket(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2017
Maybe the rejection was a divine arrangement to ensure he gets to his glory.In life everything both good and bad will work together for your good.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by martineverest(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2017
Goldenrichard:
Assuming he's representing Nigeria he might not improve
Samuel Peter? Chieruka ukogu? National basketball team?
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Cutie09(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2017
I don't think Anthony Joshua went to the 2008 Olympic get your fact right
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by ladesson(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2017
we all know politic is involved in nigerian sport.and he was denied due to political involvement.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by danyaril2yahoo: 8:18am On May 01, 2017
A blessing in disguise
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by whytepawn1(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2017
aribisala0:
He was not good enough then. He improved since.Kini big deal.

Mike Tyson never got to the Olympics
Not good enough?, the article said he went ahead to win a gold medal for Great Britain at the same Olympic... we just need to do things right!!!
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by abescom: 8:22am On May 01, 2017
ednut1:
bros u can lie o
Stop being an idiot. It is a Monday and the first day of a new month.

If you have not heard the story before just say and not call someone a liar.

Here is a bit of the story told by a nairalander.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/45232761

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by masseratti: 8:25am On May 01, 2017
Thank God they rejected him
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2017
All this Joshua stories would end when Deontay Wilder knocks him out in the 3rd round.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:30am On May 01, 2017
oh naija why....stop truncating the dreams and aspiration of our youth, i take God beg una.

i actually heard this guys name back then! just remembered now.

i think one of his fights was shown on tv back then, i stand corrected.

Oluwafemi thank you for taking that wise and bold step by leaving naija to represent UK.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 8:33am On May 01, 2017
Indeed, there was a country!

# i'll rather be where i'm CELEBRATED than Where I'm TOLERATED!...
May we have the last laugh in all our endeavours! Joshua all d way.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by cooldood(m): 8:34am On May 01, 2017
webincomeplus:
I know we'll soon start hearing shitty stories like this. By next week, we should also see headlines on how Joshua once hawked akara to make a living.

As for the assertion that he could have won the gold medal for Nigeria if given the chance, I disagree. Nigeria is known for working hard against the success of her citizens. And the fact that he wasn't given the chance is enough proof.

Here in our crappy country, a senator's nephew who can't knock out a pillow will be chosen over real boxing talents. And even if a real boxer is given the chance, the NBF will fail to release funds for his welfare and training tours because the foolish pot-bellied people in charge have stolen the funds meant for that.
Gbam,you know how this yeye country called zoogeria is, these people should just stop all these trying to link AJ's success to 9ja.People thrive in serene environments not animal kingdom like 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2017
abescom:
Stop being an idiot. It is a Monday and the first day of a new month.

If you have not heard the story before just say and not call someone a liar.

Here is a bit of the story told by a nairalander.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/45232761
so a boy who was the youth team of the best Austrian club could not afford boots. Oh please. He never considered Nigeria.

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by abescom: 8:35am On May 01, 2017
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Victor08032(m): 8:36am On May 01, 2017
To go to school it's by connection

To pay your schools fees it's by connection

To pass your exams it's by connection & $#

To secure admission it's by connection & $#

To secure a good job it's by connection & $#

To get loan or marry a good spouses na connect

To travel out or to be relevant it's by connection

To secure a post or in politics it's by connection

If you want to be a good skillful politician go &see Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babagida& Tinubu

JO TI E ORO E TI SUNMI NIGERIA WHERE UNFINISHED CURRUPTION DWELLING

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by aribisala0(m): 8:36am On May 01, 2017
whytepawn1:

Not good enough?, the article said he went ahead to win a gold medal for Great Britain at the same Olympic... we just need to do things right!!!
that does not prove he was good enough when they rejected him he improved he won and thats the end of it/Rejection is a good motivator. let us move on.
Not only boxing player in football fail in one club or country and succeed in another or vice versa.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by cooldood(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2017
This is why i just laugh at younger ones that come to nairaland and be asking funny questions about whether they should travel to nurture their dreams or stay back in the zoo.Where's the comparison,dont let some animals deceive you,if you've got an admission to study over there for instance, please run for your dear life,your kids will thank you in future.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 8:40am On May 01, 2017
If he had represented Nigeria, he wouldn't be where he is today. we have so many talented sports men and women in this country but they aren't exposed to quality training, hence can't compete at the top level. He wouldn't have won a Nigeria Olympic gold because preparation would have been poor.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 8:40am On May 01, 2017
It happens in every sector of the economy... The nma nmadu syndrome. I am not saying referral isn't good but it should be open a based on merit. Bruce said it, Nigeria will only develop if the son of a Nobody becomes somebody without knowing anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by rahman25: 8:42am On May 01, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
All this Joshua stories would end when Deontay Wilder knocks him out in the 3rd round.
I am not sure but that will be another hell of a match
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by EjimaQuintana: 8:42am On May 01, 2017
Baze1:

You for tell me na. No worry. Next time
Issoryt....if say dem d carry diz kind case go Nairaland Appeal Court,,,,,no be ah fr protest diz case.....in fact am d FTC on diz thread....weda una lik am or not
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2017
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by MutantMetahuman: 8:49am On May 01, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
deontay wilder the bum fighter will knock aj?

The same wilder that struggled so hard to beat eric molina after like 9 rounds that joshua beat within 3 round will knock joshua out?

Stop smoking already, Its too early.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Spidermon: 8:50am On May 01, 2017
webincomeplus:
I know we'll soon start hearing shitty stories like this. By next week, we should also see headlines on how Joshua once hawked akara to make a living.

As for the assertion that he could have won the gold medal for Nigeria if given the chance, I disagree. Nigeria is known for working hard against the success of her citizens. And the fact that he wasn't given the chance is enough proof.

Here in our crappy country, a senator's nephew who can't knock out a pillow will be chosen over real boxing talents. And even if a real boxer is given the chance, the NBF will fail to release funds for his welfare and training tours because the foolish pot-bellied people in charge have stolen the funds meant for that.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by sasullee(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by kingthreat(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2017
Good for Nigeria. Nepotism must end everywhere
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 9:02am On May 01, 2017
If he had represented Nigeria there would be lack of funds to take care of his logistics because boxing officials would shortchanged him.If he dare complain he would be blacklisted.Besides,who him no way go even give am slot? Everything in Nigeria is slot.CBN,Immigration,sss,and Nos recruitment.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 9:02am On May 01, 2017
If he had represented Nigeria there would be lack of funds to take care of his logistics because boxing officials would shortchanged him.If he dare complain he would be blacklisted.Besides,who him no way go even give am slot? Everything in Nigeria is slot.CBN,Immigration,sss,and NPS recruitment.
Re: How Nigerian Boxing Officials Rejected Anthony Joshua by postemail: 9:06am On May 01, 2017
webincomeplus:

Bro, I've often wondered why the country continues to churn out these "pot-bellied bureaucrats" generation after generation. Is it a DNA thing?

Many atimes you see guys fight against corruption in govt but when they get in to govt they start acting like the guys they replaced. I just can't wrap my head around this phenomenon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Two Children In A Boxing Match In Abeokuta While Adults Cheer On / Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Football Legends / Little Nigerian Wonder Boy Shows Off His Football Skills(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.