Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) (44086 Views)

Lagos School Principal Defiles Twin Sisters, Impregnates One / 5 Soldiers Declared Wanted By The Nigerian Army After They Absconded With N600M / Stanbic Bank Worker In Ghana Who Absconded With N67M Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by madjam(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2017
A 32-year-old man, Eric Effiong, has been arrested by operatives of the State Intelligence Bureau, SIB, Lagos State Police Command, for allegedly absconding with a school bus belonging to Peak Lane International School, Oremeji, Akute, a suburb of Lagos.

According to Vanguard, Effiong, a father of two, before he absconded with the school bus worth over N3.6 million, had worked with them for six years.

According to a police source at the command headquarters, the suspect was arrested following a petition to the Commissioner of Police, CP Fatai Owoseni, by the proprietress of the school.

The source said: “On May 27, the proprietress of Peak Lane International School, Oremiji Close, Oremiji Estate, Alagbole Akute, reported that on March 7, a driver with the school, Eric Effiong, absconded with one of the buses with number plates SMK 123 EM.”

The suspect, who relocated from his known address and switched off his phone, was finally arrested by SIB operatives, who tracked him down in Calabar, Cross River State.

Before his arrest, Effiong had already changed the number plate of the bus, re-branded it with Cross Lines Transportation Company colours and was operating Calabar-Uyo routes.

The Commissioner of Police has directed that he be charged to court for prosecution.

Speaking to Vanguard, Effiong said: “I was arrested for stealing a school bus. I was going to drop a passenger when they came down from a taxi and told me I was under arrest. I really feel bad that this thing happened to me. I just pray my boss would forgive me.

“While on official duty earlier this year, I hit a child of about one year and broke his leg. I spent over N200,000 to treat the baby.

“When I ran out of cash I began to sell my items to raise money. In the cause of that, my rent expired and my salary was N54,000. Because the school doesn’t give loan, I became frustrated. I did not know what to do and decided to abscond with the bus.

“When I got home with the bus, my parents asked how I came about it. I did not tell them anything.

“The bus was already white. I only branded it with Cross Lines Transportation Company because of the police on the road. It is safer operating under a brand name because it shields one from unnecessary arrests and harassments by security agents.

“I did that without the knowledge of the company. Since I was not operating in their park, it was difficult for them to suspect me. Apart from that, I only used it for one week because the front tyres were not good.

“It is not true that I switched off my phone. Only one of my colleagues called me the first day this thing happened. He asked me where I was. We did not discuss anything.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/driver-absconds-school-bus-re-brands/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Beesluv: 1:30pm On May 01, 2017
oju ole re.....

5 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by LAFO: 1:32pm On May 01, 2017
Robber!

4 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by nNEOo(m): 1:33pm On May 01, 2017
nice

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by subtlemee(f): 1:45pm On May 01, 2017
They are always regretting after..

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by dingbang(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2017
Oya enta kirikiri..

4 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by jhydebaba(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2017
54000 shocked shocked shocked some graduate teachers are not even earning half that amount. Yet u choose to steal and even know the tactics to cover ur track. Yeye man.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by RisingUp: 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
Hmm
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
Effiong grin

Looking through NCAN list now

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by pamsnod16(m): 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
kai

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by xynerise: 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
grin

He must be Naija Xzibit( Pim'p My Ride)

7 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by realestniggah: 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
damn are we also going to blame buhari for this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by TheControversy: 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
Hard life, what can a man do

2 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
Another criminal giving excuse for his crime, frustration, devil, something told me to do it are some of the excuses all these criminals give when arrested, ignorance of the law is not an excuse, do crime and do the time, nonsense + he should be flogged daily in jail with hard labor so that when he is out, his brain will be well formatted, nonsense grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by bigerboy200: 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
NCAN crew will be disappointed..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by kramer: 2:24pm On May 01, 2017
Hmm, 2 in one day?

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 01, 2017
Just her to check the name.

Im outta here

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Celestyn8213: 2:25pm On May 01, 2017
checking names....... I talk am... Na them
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by jamislaw(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2017
Why NCAN always work against​ one particular tribe.

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by MrMoney007: 2:26pm On May 01, 2017
Chinese people can pretend to be good for Africa

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 01, 2017
hOPE HE WONT BLAME BUHARI FOR THIS?
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by codeinecrazy(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2017
Chai! Robber
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by OGsteven(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2017
Eruku....man must chop
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by maxiuc(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2017
My boss just bought a brand new joylong China bus fid his school

Thanks for this information tracker must be installed

I have cough and cattarh I can't report fir duty
NCAN regional chairman resting
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 01, 2017
Nawa o.
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2017
An average Nigerian is so perfidious.
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Pavore9: 2:37pm On May 01, 2017
He was even earning N54,000 monthly while with the school!

3 Likes

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2017
fuckerstard:
Effiong grin

Looking through NCAN list now

ahahhahahahaha..u yeye pass the calabar bingo sef.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by amynah94(f): 2:44pm On May 01, 2017
Awon developer.........lolz
Re: Driver Absconded With Lagos School Bus And Rebranded It (Photo) by excanny: 2:46pm On May 01, 2017
I must first give credit to the NPF. They are beginning to act like their Western counterparts in criminal tracking.

How they tracking these fugitives in a porous country like Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Woman Who Stoned Her Stepdaughter Dead In Benue (Photo) / Cultists Invade MTN Office In Bayelsa, Kill Customer / EFCC Arrests 9 Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.