Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) (37123 Views)

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Peter Obi On Bourdillon Road Without Security Details (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by drehdinho(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2017
Can all what Peter Obi said be true? I doubt. You have two shoes and a wrist watch. You give so so amount of money to this and that sector. Who is deceiving who? And am I supposed to be the one giving those sectors money?

Is it not your duty ? They want people to still be showering encomiums on them even when they are carrying out their constitutional duty. Smh.
Kare o Peter Obi of Anambra state. Shi o

I know it would still get to a point when these evil and wicked Nigeria politicians will put this country on sale. That time many eyes of the innocent Nigerians will be opened.
But I refuse to be part of those they can deceive with their sugar coated mouth and hackneyed expressions.
All that's required of you as a leader is to work and deliver to satisfy all the needs of the masses. You don't need to tell us what number of shoes and wrist watch you have.
Even when you have hidden properties all around the world, you will still be claiming to be a saint.

What a horrible nation !

2 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by mywill2022(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2017
Is Nigeria truly into a RECESSION? Please APC stop deceiving us abeg, if Nigeria is into any recession then we will know when our leaders and public office holders start selling there private properties and cutting there salaries and allowances and hand it over to our country to help boost the economy
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by obailala(m): 10:55am On May 02, 2017
lagosrd:
Good luck Jonathan said let us have a joint savings account for the future of our people. Those rogues said No. The debt obasanjo cleared is now been piled up again. All in the name of development. How on planet earth could a kilometer of road cos 1billion naira. Wasteful kleptomaniacs
Don't people even get embarrassed when they make these kind of statements in public?... WHo uses the words 'GEJ' and 'save' in the same sentence?... What kind of self deceit is this?...

GEJ wanted to save in a joint account, but he was busy siphoning money from the very account without knowledge of the governors.
GEJ wanted to save, yet after governors pulled out theirs from the shared account, GEJ squandered the FG's share which was over 50% of the total joint savings.
GEJ wanted to save, yet every other account where the FG saves money was run down completely during his tenure
GEJ wanted to save but after meeting insignificant public debt, he astronomically increased the nation's debt before leaving power (including borrowing to pay salaries in 2015).

And all of the above happened irrespective of the fact that his admin received the highest income, actually more than all other regimes put together.

2 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Partnerbiz(f): 10:56am On May 02, 2017
Peter obi just dey praise himself
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2017
... The difference is clear. While Peter Obi is a realist, the minister of finance is full of theoretical.

6 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by bkool7(m): 11:02am On May 02, 2017
NextGovernor:
PDP causes recession according to APC. Calling the same accused to solve it.
I doubt you read the piece
She called him to come hear how they're painstaking solving the mess Pdp left .

Do you think we believe all those poo coming from politicians about having just two shoes and one watch ? pls !
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by kikake: 11:03am On May 02, 2017
Even poorer countries did not go into recession.

Nigeria with huge oil revenues should have had no business going into recession.

Nigeria went into recession because of President Buhari's and APC's incompetence.

The time APC/Buhari took over govt in 2015, N265 was buying £1.

A year after Buhari/APC govt, N625 was buying £1.

Incompetence, Mismanagement, Incompetence - Buhari/APC - Recession.

4 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Guyman02: 11:07am On May 02, 2017
Many useless Governors owed contractors for several years and didnt pay when they left office, killing many businesses.
If you cant pay a contractor then dont enter into any contract with him, enough of the misbeheaviour of Governors creating unemployment in the system

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Guyman02: 11:09am On May 02, 2017
drehdinho:
Can all what Peter Obi said be true? I doubt. You have two shoes and a wrist watch. You give so so amount of money to this and that sector. Who is deceiving who? And am I supposed to be the one giving those sectors money?

Is it not your duty ? They want people to still be showering encomiums on them even when they are carrying out their constitutional duty. Smh.
Kare o Peter Obi of Anambra state. Shi o

I know it would still get to a point when these evil and wicked Nigeria politicians will put this country on sale. That time many eyes of the innocent Nigerians will be opened.
But I refuse to be part of those they can deceive with their sugar coated mouth and hackneyed expressions.
All that's required of you as a leader is to work and deliver to satisfy all the needs of the masses. You don't need to tell us what number of shoes and wrist watch you have.
Even when you have hidden properties all around the world, you will still be claiming to be a saint.

What a horrible nation !

Why do you concentrate on the trivial issue of shoes and watches?
He also said every month he chooses one secondary in Nigeria and give them N1m directly as support and the last one was a village school in Sokoto to promote education

7 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by obailala(m): 11:14am On May 02, 2017
kikake:
Even poorer countries did not go into recesion.

Nigeria with huge oil revenues should have had no business going into recession.

Nigeria went into recession because of President Buhari's and APC's incompetence.

Incompetence, Incompetence, Incompetence - Buhari/APC
VEry ignorant analysis, no offence.

Nigeria went into recession because its leaders refused to diversify its source of income away from only oil and because of Nigeria's inordinate lust for imported items (including every drop of petrol we use). In such situations, you will definitely be in trouble when something happens to your only source of forex income. Only saviour would be if you had forex savings (as wise leaders and nations do).

Nigeria's only saviour during the last major oil crash in 2008 was because smart leaders had saved over $60 billion in reserves (which was used to buffer the economy). In 2008, it cost Nigeria $20 billion to ensure we didnt fall into recession and that was despite the fact that the oil crash lasted roughly 6 months. The current oil crash has lasted over 2.5 years and the last admin (which received monumentally high income) didnt save a dime, rather they squandered every savings they met in their fraudulent 'transformational agenda' which didnt see any major roads of power plants or refineries being commissioned.

Only ignorant folks feel the biggest blame for the current economic crisis should go to the leader who took over when the crisis had already started.

2 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:22am On May 02, 2017
Vicboi1:
this Peter OBI should just be the president pls
This is the type of person Nigeria needs!
We need healing from these unproductive leaders.

Just take a look:

I have only two black shoes I bought for $49.99 which I travel with everywhere to avoid being hurt which is the reason for having shoes and a wrist watch I bought 18 years ago, why buy another and drop it n the table, what time is it keeping.

2 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by fujirice: 11:34am On May 02, 2017
This man's official vehicle for 8 years while in office as a governor was 'a white hummer bus'.

I wonder why these people (our politicians) buy cars every year with tax payers money, yet they keep telling us that Nigeria is broke!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by BetaThings: 11:38am On May 02, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Peter obi just dey praise himself

No, they are campaigning for Peter Obi with a" fraudulent' topic title
The OP could have described it as "what Peter Obi said at the Platform"
But he titled it
"Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform"
But what did Kemi Adeosun say?
Why don't we have it

I just stumbled on the video on Channels
She said something instructive
We paid Julius Berger cash in advance for the runway in Abuja and
Was it not completed on time?

The OP did not mention that

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by BetaThings: 11:41am On May 02, 2017
kikake:

You are not writing for preteens
PDP/Jonathan was borrowing to pay salaries when crude oil price was $58
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html
A lot of states were owing salaries even in 2014

Have you forgotten that?
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by ebby9z(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2017
The man speaks sense! However, its best to have this kind of critical voices outside of government as power tends to erode peoples sanity at times.

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by sholeypra(m): 12:08pm On May 02, 2017
He spoke well but remember it's easier said than done. Am pretty sure many of us can give recommendations on moving the country forward but we failed to consider some important factors such as *the cabal we don't know, *national assembly who can frustrate you, *the constitution which is not perfect, and so on.
we need not just paper solutions but smart solutions that would outsmart all factors that could hinder the success.

#shalom

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by mikolo80: 12:12pm On May 02, 2017
villagecraft:
Chief Tai Emeka Obasi
--------

"When Mr. Peter Obi finished, the Minister of Finance came to the podium and begged that Mr. Obi be brought back inside the platform. When Okwute came back...the woman started addressing him and explaining all the things they've been doing so far to really reduce cost of governance. She explained their concerted efforts to save as advocated by Mr. Obi. Boy.

http://www.naaija.com/peter-obis-key-statements-platform/
and yet anambra is still the way it is
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 02, 2017
Despite all we knew now about GEJ's govt from 2009-2015, this fraud who endorsed it suddenly remembers financial prudence when a different govt who's making efforts to reduce wastage in govt is in power. If you're smart, you'll know okwute's sudden criticism of govt is self serving, wetting the ground for his own ambition. Fela, Gani, and all non-partisan critics of govt are the only critics whose criticism aren't self serving.

Anyone who puts party or political affiliation before country is a fraud. Simples.
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Ademat7(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2017
BetaThings:

No, they are campaigning for Peter Obi with a" fraudulent' topic title
The OP could have described it as "what Peter Obi said at the Platform"
But he titled it
"Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform"
But what did Kemi Adeosun say?
Why don't we have it

I just stumbled on the video on Channels
She said something instructive
We paid Julius Berger cash in advance for the runway in Abuja and
Was it not completed on time?

The OP did not mention that
Is it only JB that can construct such?
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Nellybii: 12:36pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:
The same people they accused of corruption.
Apc and their sympathizers are clowns.

You have proved your point beyond all reasonable doubt Mr Wailer. All Nigerians in govt are corrupt.
Unfortunately for you, the APC led govt will still go after the thieves and recover the loot. No one will be able to steal our common wealth with both eyes closed again. Never again!!
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2017
kikake:
But even a ram from northern Nigeria must win Peter Obi in Nigeria's presidential election.

With 19 states +Abuja proliferated by northern soldiers in one northern region; with a provision that says a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 2/3 of 36 states ( that is, 24 states), every northern candidate can easily win 25% in the 19 states of north, then look for 5 states in the south to win to become president; easy.

But with only 17 states allowed in the divided south, no southern candidate can win the presidency, unless northern politicians decide not have the presidency remain in the north.

Nigeria's political structure created by north is a fraud.

Land mass is not used as yard stick to create new federal units from the old units in a federal country where distinct groups came together to form a country.

If Nigeria's states were created democratically, there should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the one northern region.

You're not totally right. The North Central zone consisting of Kwara, Niger, Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and Kogi isn't typically North. The only state there that is very much like the core North is Niger State. However, Taraba which is in the North East is much like the rest of the North Central States.

So what a southern Candidate needs is to get the support of North Central which is easy, then add Taraba and FCT to it and boom!
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by chinedu234(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2017
When I hear things like this it rekindles my hope for this nation. My prayer is that our ethnic and religious divides allow us not to miss the services of this budding politician who seems poised to take our country to an enviable height. So let me use this medium to canvass that Mr Peter be supported by especially the youths to run for the presidency of Nigeria in no distant time.

1 Like

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Austinoiz(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2017
Obi was and still is the best thing that can happen to our comatose economy.
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 02, 2017
Any government appointing Mr Peter Obi as minister of finance, is in the right direction.

But it would never happen, based on bitter, hatred and party in government takes all politics/attitudes in Nigeria.

Nigerians in other hands are not helping. Yet, we wants to be like China and USA, while supporting corrupt politicians in and out of government because of political parties different names.

What's happening to recovered funds

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by legba1(m): 1:20pm On May 02, 2017
Did OBIjust stumble on this his wisdom or what......was he not part of the GEJ government.....how well did he faired as a governor? I beg all this paper tigers should allow us focus on how to hurstle for our daily bread joor....
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 02, 2017
Musiwa419:
President of biafuro, I guess?
This is one of the problem I stated above.

How can a country develop with a mindsets as this?
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by BigIyanga: 1:26pm On May 02, 2017
obailala:
Don't people even get embarrassed when they make these kind of statements in public?... WHo uses the words 'GEJ' and 'save' in the same sentence?... What kind of self deceit is this?...

GEJ wanted to save in a joint account, but he was busy siphoning money from the very account without knowledge of the governors.
GEJ wanted to save, yet after governors pulled out theirs from the shared account, GEJ squandered the FG's share which was over 50% of the total joint savings.
GEJ wanted to save, yet every other account where the FG saves money was run down completely during his tenure
GEJ wanted to save but after meeting insignificant public debt, he astronomically increased the nation's debt before leaving power (including borrowing to pay salaries in 2015).

And all of the above happened irrespective of the fact that his admin received the highest income, actually more than all other regimes put together.

despite the fact that he received largest income.
You can never get it... folks like Amaechi,Fashola, and Oshiomole and co insisted on sharring the money. Every governor collected their share, but in 2015 snd 2016 Oshiomole and co went back to FG begging for a bailout. So the FG used part of its savings to bail out same governors that had collected the share of ECA
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:27pm On May 02, 2017
kikake:

you just nailed it bro!
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 1:33pm On May 02, 2017
Unfortunately for you Emir Sanusi knows otherwise as he stated in his intriguing speech
“Nigeria In Search Of New Growth model” which he gave in August 2016. Here is an excerpt below:

When I was governor of Central Bank, the economy was growing at 37%. The oil sector was not adding anything to GDP growth. The growth was coming from agriculture, services and trade, which is also very revealing. If we are now saying we are in a recession, because of the collapse in oil price, we are not being sincere.
You can’t be in recession, because a sector that is 15% of your GDP has declined. What happened to agriculture, trade, services and health?

The speech is loaded and I recommend you read and assimilate it instead of allowing propaganda control your thought processes. As long as people are still singing a song told them by APC propagandists, there is little hope.

It takes a lot to go researching for the truth in the midst of loud cacophony of lies. But unless you are BMC or a Zombie you will study for yourself and make up your own mind.

obailala:
VEry ignorant analysis, no offence.

Nigeria went into recession because its leaders refused to diversify its source of income away from only oil and because of Nigeria's inordinate lust for imported items (including every drop of petrol we use). In such situations, you will definitely be in trouble when something happens to your only source of forex income. Only saviour would be if you had forex savings (as wise leaders and nations do).

Nigeria's only saviour during the last major oil crash in 2008 was because smart leaders had saved over $60 billion in reserves (which was used to buffer the economy). In 2008, it cost Nigeria $20 billion to ensure we didnt fall into recession and that was despite the fact that the oil crash lasted roughly 6 months. The current oil crash has lasted over 2.5 years and the last admin (which received monumentally high income) didnt save a dime, rather they squandered every savings they met in their fraudulent 'transformational agenda' which didnt see any major roads of power plants or refineries being commissioned.

Only ignorant folks feel the biggest blame for the current economic crisis should go to the leader who took over when the crisis had already started.

4 Likes

Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2017
Your point is very valid for someone who has not held govt office.

Seems you forgot he was a governor for 8 yrs though!

So this point is for others, not him

ebby9z:
The man speaks sense! However, its best to have this kind of critical voices outside of government as power tends to erode peoples sanity at times.
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by DICKtator: 1:41pm On May 02, 2017
Vicboi1:
this Peter OBI should just be the president pls

why?

I am sure you would have typed this too after listening to "Heatliar" talk

grin grin grin grin
Re: Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) by Jace234(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2017
AyakaDunukofia:
There is nothing wrong about this. We learm from one another. Peter was born in a family of traders in the commercial town of Onitsha. Did apprenticeship in his father's shop. (Would not have breakfast until he made his first sale for the day) grin So fiscal discipline was already a part of his growing up.

After his Uni., has served as director and Chairman of several banks. On his own right, owns successful business conglomerates. Was equally a successful governor with proven track record of prudent money management.

So, Adeosun was right to approach him for a little chat. Very normal.
But, why would the senate approve the appointment of someone whom studied French as a Finance minister? That is the genesis of the problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Presented With Handmade Shoes by People With Disabilities In Benue / Why Has Nnamdi Kanu Not Been Rearrested Despite Violating Bail Conditions? / You’re A Disappointment – Oba Of Benin Tackles Buhari’s Minister, Agba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.