Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429143 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sarang(f): 4:14am On Dec 22, 2019
Treash:

Good evening sister. I think it's advisable you contact a legal Practitioner. No one is ready to carry out search and legal consultancy on these questions for you free of charge. You may contact me at your disposal. Thanks.

Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2019
Yes We do

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 11:24am On Jan 01, 2020
Compliments

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by zobay(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hello house,

There is a property in Lagos a friend wants to buy. The owner is dead without a will and left behind 4 children, one of the children is the one selling his piece to my friend.

The piece was given to him by the owner(his parent) word of mouth and confirmed also by the eldest child who the documents of the whole property is with.

Questions: How would they separate the document?
What documents should my friend ask for from the seller?
Do they need to go imo onile that sold it initially?

Thank you
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2020
zobay:
Hello house,

There is a property in Lagos a friend wants to buy. The owner is dead without a will and left behind 4 children, one of the children is the one selling his piece to my friend.

The piece was given to him by the owner(his parent) word of mouth and confirmed also by the eldest child who the documents of the whole property is with.

Thank you

We've said it and repeated it several times. Don't be stingy to involve a lawyer. 97% of those in property section here are not abreast with laws and principles guiding land. You may however decide to contact me, if you wish. 08068088866.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by zobay(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
Treash:

We've said it and repeated it several times. Don't be stingy to involve a lawyer. 97% of those in property section here are not abreast with laws and principles guiding land. You may however decide to contact me, if you wish. 08068088866.

Thank you D law, I just want answers to those questions. I will get in touch if need be.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Goodgod213: 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
I have a piece of land in Ibadan with foundation. I need someone to complete it and he will collect his money when rent is paid
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by scave(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
Goodgod213:
I have a piece of land in Ibadan with foundation. I need someone to complete it and he will collect his money when rent is paid

Stop dreaming

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Goodgod213:

Lolzzzz. grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DaBogu: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
Goodgod213:
Do you want to sell?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by drewe20(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hec1:
Greetings all, please I will really appreciate if someone could explain what it means when a land has as Global C/ O Processing & Registered Survey. I plan to buy a piece of land somewhere in Lagos and the real estate agent told me that this is the title of the property.

It means that the land has no existing title. Carry out Charting on the land to find out it's status. You need to know if the land is under government acquisition or not before you take any step forward.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by drewe20(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
zobay:
Hello house,

Thank you

Let them do things the proper way. In this case, the owner is said to have died intestate (without a will). They need a good lawyer who will interview the entire family, understand the whole situation and assist them in securing a Letter of Administration from the Probate Registry. This will enable them share / sell the properties without problems in the future.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by drewe20(m): 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
JaySterling:
I know there is a Lagos Lands registry

Now I wanna find out if there is a federal lands registry ?

Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 3:59am On Jan 13, 2020
FYI

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by filcast(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2020
Hello House,
I need guidance on how to get titles for my land for the purpose of using it as collateral to obtain loan from the bank. The land is located in my village.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.