Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429350 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by generationz(f): 8:49pm On May 25, 2020
Hello, everyone. Please, I would like to know how one can get a C of O asap for a house al built years back with the only legal documents being the receipt of purchase of the land?

What are the processes involved and how much would it cost?

@Lawyer, I would need your input, sir.

Thanks.

Edit: It's in Lagos State.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2020
generationz:
Hello, everyone. Please, I would like to know how one can get a C of O asap for a house al built years back with the only legal documents being the receipt of purchase of the land?

What are the processes involved and how much would it cost?

@Lawyer, I would need your input, sir.

Thanks.

Depending on the state ma.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by generationz(f): 9:21pm On May 25, 2020
Treash:

Depending on the state ma.

Lagos State.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2020
generationz:

Lagos State.

No one will start explaining procedures to you, except you engage a professional who will do that for you. Within 3 months though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by generationz(f): 10:05pm On May 25, 2020
Treash:

No one will start explaining procedures to you, except you engage a professional who will do that for you. Within 3 months though.

All right, thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by georgesegun87: 11:00am On May 29, 2020
Do you that majority of the families in lagos and ogun call them self land owner are just settlers.. Now there tenancy have expired since 2015.. 99 years since 1915 from 1912 Supreme Court Judgement

Now the land is now back to the real owner Efunroye Tinubu... The first Iyalode of Egba Land..

Pls Make you finding before Payment of any Landed Property In Lagos.. Be Warned..

For More Information Call Me
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by georgesegun87: 11:38pm On May 29, 2020
I really appreciate your Review....
Please try to Conduct investigate of the title very well...
Very Soon Especially in Lagos because According to 1912 Supreme court Judgement Madam Iyalode Efunroye Tinubu owns over 75% of Landed Property...
Survey by Hebert Macaulay In 1911...
Before marking Payment to any families or Clients in of Lagos for Landed Property Please Kindly Call us
For You to No the Root of the title.. Be Warned

emergingstars:
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE BUYING A LANDED PROPERTY

Some people believe merely paying for a property is all that is required to buy landed property. There are certain things every prospective buyer should know and do before paying for landed property. It is advisable that you seek advice from your Solicitor before completing a land transaction. It may cost more but I can assure you that over time, you will be glad you did.

1. Conduct investigation of the title –

This entails obtaining land information with the survey plan of the property at the office of the Surveyor-General to determine whether the land is free from acquisition. The investigation also entails conducting a search at the Lands Registry (in cases where property is registered), this search helps detect if there is any encumbrance (litigation, loan or other issues) pertaining the land. The title can also be investigated by a review of title documents by your Solicitor to detect the defects in the root of titles. Physical inspection and enquiry from adjourning properties can also provide information that will assist in investigating title. A search at the Court’s Registry to discover litigation on land may be done where necessary.

2. Preparation and execution of Conveyance documents –

After investigation of the title and confirmation of the status of title, the conveyance documents should be drafted by a Solicitors for execution of all parties. Please note that conveyance documents for sale of family property must be signed by the family head and all principal members of the family. The conveyance documents should contain the standard terms, including but not limited to, the purchaser’ right to be indemnified from third party claims, the Vendor’s duty to provide documents required for perfection of title, etc. Please contact your Solicitor for advice.

3. Possession –

Take physical possession immediately after payment. Possession of landed property means the occupation or physical control of the property or parcel of land either personally or through an agent or servant of the claimant. Please contact your Solicitors for advice on this.

4. Perfect your title –

After payment, signing of documents and taking over possession, ensure don’t keep the conveyance documents in your locker, proceed to perfect your title (i.e. Obtaining Governor’s Consent and registering) as prompt as you can.

Be guided that in Nigeria, there are five ways to prove ownership of land i.e. by traditional evidence; by document of title; by various acts of ownership numerous and positive and extending over a length of time as to warrant the inference of ownership; by act of lawful enjoyment and possession of the land and by proof of possession of adjacent land in circumstances which render it probable that the owner of such land would be the owner of the other land.

For further questions and clarifications, please send us an email at lawcandles@gmail.com

We will gladly provide you with the required help and assistance.

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by OtunbaStarboy(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2020
How far about it? You haven't gotten back to me
Adedward:
gud morning sir, we are on it, I will soon gets back to u, I have told him everything, it's just for him to decide if he can avoid it, thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Adedward(m): 11:11pm On May 30, 2020
OtunbaStarboy:
How far about it? You haven't gotten back to me
pls chart me up, this is my watsap number sir, 08135810794
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by OtunbaStarboy(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2020
Not necessary. If your client is interested or you have a Client that needs it, just let me know. 08136098826. No need to make idle contacts. Thanks
Adedward:
pls chart me up, this is my watsap number sir, 08135810794
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Adedward(m): 6:00am On May 31, 2020
OtunbaStarboy:
Not necessary. If your client is interested or you have a Client that needs it, just let me know. 08136098826. No need to make idle contacts. Thanks
ok sir no probs I will call u Since u have drop u contact u, thanks u

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.