Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (429384 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Lordjones: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
My late uncle bought a 4 flat (3 bedroom) property from 1994, the land survey and building plain carries the name of the seller at that period. After acquiring the property, my late uncle later did the C of O in his name. There was an signed agreement between the then seller and my late uncle.
Now to the main issue, the late uncle's family resides in USA, his wife has given my Dad her consent to sell the property on her behalf.
Pls what's are the documents that will be needed to sell the property?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Gokoyer0:
When CofO has been done, update this info. Many other people like me might be interested.

Okay. I shall do that. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Biztech05(m): 12:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Lordjones:
My late uncle bought a 4 flat (3 bedroom) property from 1994, the land survey and building plain carries the name of the seller at that period. After acquiring the property, my late uncle later did the C of O in his name. There was an signed agreement between the then seller and my late uncle.
Now to the main issue, the late uncle's family resides in USA, his wife has given my Dad her consent to sell the property on her behalf.

Guess the property have been transferred ( change of ownership) the transfer documents would be attached with the C of O.
And as new seller you provide; Cof O , Right of Occupancy,Deed of assignment and survey plan. All these from seller to Buyer.
The listed above are property transferring documents.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2020
Lordjones:

All the documents on the land. Your dad needs a power of attorney from your uncle's surviving family, not just from his wife alone except if he doesn't have grown up children. The reason is that, the property has become family property, that is if your uncle didn't transfer it directly to his wife. His wife can't sell it alone without other's consent.

Barr Ayo Adeolu Aderinto.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lordjones:
The doucments required to sell include;
1) A letter of authority from the from the first son of your uncle authorizing your uncles wife to sell.
2) A power of Attorney authorizing your dad to sell the property on their behalf.
3) The survey plan

For more information, contact me 08124890654
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Canada2021:
The doucments required to sell include;
1) A letter of authority from the from the first son of your uncle authorizing your uncles wife to sell.
2) A power of Attorney authorizing your dad to sell the property on their behalf.
3) The survey plan

For more information, contact me 08124890654

This your number one is strange sir. Which letter of authority must a woman secure from her own son before selling her husband's property. What is essential is unanimous concession of the whole "dependants or beneficiaries" to dispose-off the property; then Power of Attorney. Kindly be guided on your advice to people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Treash:

This your number one is strange sir. Which letter of authority must a woman secure from her own son before selling her husband's property. What is essential is unanimous concession of the whole "dependants or beneficiaries" to dispose-off the property; then Power of Attorney. Kindly be guided on your advice to people.
It is necessary in instances where the family is dysfunctional. In other words, where there is internal crisis in the family. So it is needed to show that all members of the family have agreed to the sale
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
Canada2021:
It is necessary in instances where the family is dysfunctional. In other words, where there is internal crisis in the family. So it is needed to show that all members of the family have agreed to the sale

I don't understand you. Read your first advice again and interpret it. How does a letter of authority from first son to his mother helps a dysfunctional family on land sale? Take correction sir, but if you don't, it's okay.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Canada2021: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Treash:

I don't understand you. Read your first advice again and interpret it. How does a letter of authority from first son to his mother helps a dysfunctional family on land sale? Take correction sir, but if you don't, it's okay.
what of a situation where the first son does not consent to the sale of his fathers property by his mum? that is what i mean
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by seproperties(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
Buy Genuine Land .

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.