Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie (2545 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by seankay(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2017
let me share a short story

Last year I visited my Aunty who is a committed Christian so she kinda figured out I didn't care much about religious antics and asked if I was even a believer, when I gave my life to Christ bla bla bla.... She asked if I've spoken in tongues, I said no and she flared up telling me if I had truly accepted Christ as my saviour, I should have spoken in tongues and all.

She decided to take me to her church during one of their mid week program and handed me over to one of their upcoming Pastors to help me speak in tongues that day cheesy. The guy laughed and said,dont worry young man, you will speak in tongues. Truth be told, I wanted t OK experience it so I tried to turn on my holy mode by fire by force. After reading the no bible and preaching for few minutes, he asked me to kneel down and pray for the Holy Spirit to come. I prayed no be small o but I didn't feel anything so as I was praying,he told me to say anything that came to my mouth cheesy (haba, that one no be hHoly Spirit ,Na holy jargons be that na) on a good day, I could have formed a jargons and be repetitive but I couldn't at that moment cos I was meant to be serious. The only thing that came to my mind was "Skiboroboskiboroboyeba oshey baddest " but I couldn't say it because the guy might know :d so I maintained a very low voice and started saying what came to my mind because if that voice ain't low, what I was saying would make me laughed

That incidence opened my eyes about this speaking in tongues stuff cos I told her maid about my experience and she told me every member of that church have spoken in tongues. That was when I knew people just say what they like

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 10:45am On May 05, 2017
seankay:
grin grin Guy you too much, i had a similar experience.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 10:51am On May 05, 2017
That's he I went to one church they told me to just be saying anything that comes. I just dey stand look like so is it to just say gibberish like I'm terry G
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 11:03am On May 05, 2017
LightandDarkness:
That's he I went to one church they told me to just be saying anything that comes. I just dey stand look like so is it to just say gibberish like I'm terry G
Na so we all take experience am o
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 11:53am On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
The christianity Paul met was a way of life not religion. Those christians still practiced Judaism but their way of life was like christ. Was christ a christian or Judist? But when Paul came, he changed christianity to a religion and even said to Circumcise children wasn't necessary. My point is Jesus never asked anyone to leave their religions the way Paul did but you can be a muslim, jew, buddhist, hindu and still be a christian. Christianity is to practice love and love alone.

If any teach you this or you learn it somewhere, be it know to you that this is heresy, and it show that you have limited knowledge of the Bible.

Maybe you could start reading John Gospel. If Decide to post relevant Bible verses you will still argue so ....Salam Alaikun
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
Na so we all take experience am o

Not *we all* In fact I have stop praying for Holy Ghost Baptism when I experience the praying in tongue, I was alone even praying for someone else
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

If any teach you this or you learn it somewhere, be it know to you that this is heresy, and it show that you have limited knowledge of the Bible.

Maybe you could start reading John Gospel. If Decide to post relevant Bible verses you will still argue so ....Salam Alaikun
Heresy? good friend can you prove what i said to be heresy?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Not *we all* In fact I have stop praying for Holy Ghost Baptism when I experience the praying in tongue, I was alone even praying for someone else
What language did you pray with? was it chinese?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Niflheim(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2017
@teensway,

Excellent post!!! Speaking in tongues is as meaningless as praying to Spongebob!!! It produces 'zero' results!!!

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 4:06pm On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
What language did you pray with? was it chinese?

Do you Care if it is Persian, Aramaic, Thai or one of Asian Language? You can find out for yourself.

A language with NO or SILENT R sound is ............

-

Still on Tongues I will Post a clip sound of a message for you, The Preacher is not a Nigerian
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 05, 2017
Niflheim:
@teensway,

Excellent post!!! Speaking in tongues is as meaningless as praying to Spongebob!!! It produces 'zero' results!!!
Thank you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2017
Download and Listen to this (cant upload on NL)

https://ufile.io/xsq7o
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
Heresy? good friend can you prove what i said to be heresy?

Teensway:
The christianity Paul met was a way of life not religion. Those christians still practiced Judaism but their way of life was like christ. Was christ a christian or Judist? But when Paul came, he changed christianity to a religion and even said to Circumcise children wasn't necessary. My point is Jesus never asked anyone to leave their religions the way Paul did but you can be a muslim, jew, buddhist, hindu and still be a christian. Christianity is to practice love and love alone.

This is just a bit of your heresy below as contrast to Jn 14:14: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

How will you make eternal life w/o leaving your idols, in muslim, jew, buddhist, hindu, will you continue to offer sacrifice to Idol and still call on Jesus? No way.

As a matter of fact it was James and other elders that gave the instruction that the gentiles should not be burden with circumcision, Although Paul and Barnabas (not only Paul) had earlier took same stand all this in Act 15.

As of the case of Timothy that Paul circumcised, he did that to silence the Jew who accused him of condemning the circumcision as commanded by God through Moses. I think you should leave Paul out of this.

I still recommend you read John Gospel its the simplest of all Gospel.
---------
My Recommendation is Dont seek to Speak in Tongues, rather Seek Holy Ghost Baptism.

If you a genuine Christian and a true seeker, I will Recommend this Message to you by W.F. Kumuyi

THE PRESERVING POWER OF THE PROMISED PENTECOST

https://dclm.org/?rdownload=http%3A%2F%2F2016services.s3.amazonaws.com%2FDec_Retreat%2FMssgs%2FDLDR25122016_The_Preserving_Power_of_the_Promised_Pentecost_Eng.mp3
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 5:46am On May 06, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Answer these questions:

=> Was Jesus practicing Judaism or Christianity?
=> How many groups broke out after Jesus death?
=> Do you know each of these groups wrote gospels to surport their claims?
=> Do you know only one of these groups(the niceans) survived because they had the emperor backing?

If you truly answered those questions, i hope you know your type of christianity was chosen by a pagan. While the rest were killed(some ran to egypt) and over 300 books destroyed by still the same emperor that established your type of christianity. Lastly Jesus never claimed Jehovah to be his father, the word "Jehovah" was not found in the greek scripture. Jesus father is a cloud of light not a being. His father is the creator of Jehovah.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Afobear: 7:06am On May 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Your assertion is wrong. Speaking in tongues is something natural not psychology. When you speak in tongues you communicate with Yahweh as there are some things that can't be said via English or local language but in heavily language. Secondly you must be baptised by the Holy Spirit himself to differentiate you from demons because they speak in tongues too. Thirdly speaking in tongues goes beyond shakabaaaaa kokokokomatata. You can speak in strange language unknown to you such that someone else might understand it if his dialect is being spoken. Yes I agree that there are fake tongues too but it takes an anoited or zpirit filled person to decode
your stupidity is very clean and clear for all.to seeth
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 7:44am On May 06, 2017
Afobear:
your stupidity is very clean and clear for all.to seeth
You're so stupid to have quoted a stupid person
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2017
Teensway:
Answer these questions:

=> Was Jesus practicing Judaism or Christianity?
=> How many groups broke out after Jesus death?
=> Do you know each of these groups wrote gospels to surport their claims?
=> Do you know only one of these groups(the niceans) survived because they had the emperor backing?

If you truly answered those questions, i hope you know your type of christianity was chosen by a pagan. While the rest were killed(some ran to egypt) and over 300 books destroyed by still the same emperor that established your type of christianity. Lastly Jesus never claimed Jehovah to be his father, the word "Jehovah" was not found in the greek scripture. Jesus father is a cloud of light not a being. His father is the creator of Jehovah.

#1 The Disciples were first called Christian in Antioch Because they live like Christ, This show that Jesus was not practising Judaism, although being a Jew, Jewish tradition must have being practice by him. Since the disciples were called Christian based on the above, Jesus practices can still be referred to as Christian.

#2 Even before Jesus Crucifixion, there had being Religious group preaching God's Kingdom, yet were ignorant of Jesus - Act 18:25. And if their Will be any authentic group(s) they must spring from out from the disciple, Yes the fake ones were identified in 1 John 2:19

#3 Same answer as above

#4 Christian Persecution occur in all century, its of no wonder if one or few group survived, it all started after crucifixion.

Summary:
++=> What is the difference between Yahweh, Yahowah, Iehouah, Jehovah?

++=> Since Jesus did not refer to Jehovah, How will you pronounce the following, w/o using Latin derivation:
>>JHVH
>> יְהֹוָה
>>YHWH

Since you wanted to argue, I demand Answer to the above
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Afobear: 8:54am On May 06, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're so stupid to have quoted a stupid person
and you are the most stupid for quoting a stupid person that quoted a very stupid person

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 06, 2017
[quote author=GoodMuyis post=56255468]

Good friend, you are behaving like a typical christian. They argue without researching. My friend this is the end of our discussion because

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 8:19pm On May 06, 2017
Teensway:

A response from a TYPICAL CHILDISH COWARD

So you expect me to sit back and swallow your fallacy that your self cant comprehend, you even derailed your own thread. cool

Now my questions, doesn't have answer since google doesn't have it.

If you are not a Christian, why dont you mind your business in the first place
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 06, 2017
GoodMuyis:

A response from a TYPICAL CHILDISH COWARD

So you expect me to sit back and swallow your fallacy that your self cant comprehend, you even derailed your own thread. cool

Now my questions, doesn't have answer since google doesn't have it.

If you are not a Christian, why dont you mind your business in the first place
Dude, are you stupid or what? you calling me a chidish coward shows the type of person you are. I said i don't want to argue, na by force? I was not speaking to you before you interrupted. You derailed the thread not me, you not knowing the truth or being ignorant is your cup of cake. You expect me to reply your mentions and since i'm refusing to do that, you call me a coward. The last time i checked everyone can create a thread of their own without cost. I did not force you to believe my belief but you just wanted to show your true nature. Guy no try mention me again, na by force to argue?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by thhobbie: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Do you Care if it is Persian, Aramaic, Thai or one of Asian Language? You can find out for yourself.

A language with NO or SILENT R sound is ............

-

Still on Tongues I will Post a clip sound of a message for you, The Preacher is not a Nigerian
The reason many are saying this is because they tried speaking and they couldn't, you spark by faith not trying...secondly no supernatural encounters, believe me tongues is real ooo... I have been attacked many times in dreams and once I speak in tongues I overcome... Speaking in tongues for 10-15 hours brings you anointing...
Prophetic, healing, apostolic etc... I pray you all come to the understanding... Practice God's presence most times, lock the heavens , pray for rain, casting out devils... Experience it and you'll know...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion / Which Bible Story Or Bible Passage Do You Find Bizarre Or Hard To Believe / Is Europe Leaving Christianity For 'Paganism'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.