Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions (44842 Views)

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / 8 Safety Tips To Help You Around Filling Stations / Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by legenddimex(m): 7:29am On May 04, 2017
nice one. but the attendants self go eat nah

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by glossy6(f): 7:30am On May 04, 2017
I will watch but how many times I dey buy fuel these days self?
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by akintom45(m): 7:30am On May 04, 2017
thesicilian:
Mobil attendants are the worst i've ever seen. They'll be greeting you Sir, Sir, Sir, but before you know it N4000 fuel has finished from here to there.

Mobil r dam too useless. same thing happened to me

2 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 7:30am On May 04, 2017
kenonze:
So lovely. but I hate fuel odor. I cannot get down from my car cause of these.
eh eh serious
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by pair36(m): 7:31am On May 04, 2017
Thank you so much for this piece

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by elhafeez(m): 7:32am On May 04, 2017
I have fallen for the 2 and 3 several times. Especially thé Napep and Okada scam. I opened my tank before i came down she had already started dispensing the fuel. i wondered how the pump could dispense 7 litres in less than 10 seconds, i remembered she just sold 500 fuel to an okada rider.
The day i finally caught one female attendant. I wanted to buy fuel for generator in a 25l container. She hurriedly started dispensing fuel. I noticed that at 1000 naira the fuel was like 4 litres. I asked her to stop and asked peole around that does the fuel in this container(which was transparent) worth 1000 everyone said no. I wanted to report to the manager. People around begged me, she apologies.
I dont want anyone to loose their job in this recession so i Just let it slide. After warning her never to do it again.

7 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by wazobaaa: 7:32am On May 04, 2017
op is on point

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by FIRDAUS3(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2017
Very interesting. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Brethren0001(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2017
thesicilian:
Mobil attendants are the worst i've ever seen. They'll be greeting you Sir, Sir, Sir, but before you know it N4000 fuel has finished from here to there.
Lolz

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Hades2016(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2017
This people will not make heaven ooooo so this is what they have been doing to me since OMG

3 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 7:34am On May 04, 2017
They are all thieves.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 7:35am On May 04, 2017
elhafeez:
I have fallen for the 2 and 3 several times. Especially thé Napep and Okada scam. I opened my tank before i came down she had already started dispensing the fuel. i wondered how the pump could dispense 7 litres in less than 10 seconds, i remembered she just sold 500 fuel to an okada rider.
The day i finally caught one female attendant. I wanted to buy fuel for generator in a 25l container. She hurriedly started dispensing fuel. I noticed that at 1000 naira the fuel was like 4 litres. I asked her to stop and asked peole around that does the fuel in this container(which was transparent) worth 1000 everyone said no. I wanted to report to the manager. People around begged me, she apologies.
I dont want anyone to loose their job in this recession so i Just let it slide. After warning her never to do it again.

Na wa o.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Day169: 7:36am On May 04, 2017
The cycle of corruption.
Thanks OP!

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by SIRKAY98(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2017
Ok . I think d mode is right by saying the fuel attendant will always tighten there hand and will intentionally cut stop d fuel and then continue again

2 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by begwong: 7:40am On May 04, 2017
The okada /keke napep cheat very rampant in the North,with the fake hanging of the nozzle.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by DanseMacabre(m): 7:42am On May 04, 2017
Chai! No wonder. . . Eyes on metre lockdown mode activated.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by signz: 7:45am On May 04, 2017
I'm tired.

I feel like crying.

Upon say my ride dey drink fuel well, this people come dey cheat on top am.

I am bookmarkin this thread. I suggest every car owner to do same.

Infact copy this thread and spread it to every WhatsApp group,Instagram, FB, etc.

I'm so angry now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by ogbiwa: 7:45am On May 04, 2017
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by ogbiwa: 7:46am On May 04, 2017
That was how I went to an NNPC mega station to buy fuel when it was still N87. Could you believe that N3000 fuel did not reach the half guage of a Corolla, including the fact that I had some fuel already in the tank. You need to see my raking that day, till their manager (who was my friend) came out and told them to top 1k fuel for me and that he would deduct it from their salary. Great piece from OP. These things happen. Just be vigilant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by okewumi: 7:49am On May 04, 2017
NNPC between Iwo road to Akobo in Ibadan are guru when it comes to No 9. I always wonder why the fuel attendant used to press the nuzzle manually while fueling as if without doing that fuel will not pump. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by trustedward(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2017
na wah oo...
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by muystoy(m): 7:52am On May 04, 2017
U dont knw what u are talking about,im into this biz and as an insider,i tell u most of what u listed are baseless,by the grace of God i am a filling station owner,i have been in business for more than 10yrs,it is practically impossible to do most of what u listed,most of the attendants we employ are naive,they know next to nothing about the pumps mechanism,all they know is to programme and dispense,except in some very rare cases that some unscrupulous pump maintenance guys knowingly or unknowingly teach them stuff,moreover there's a lot of competition in the biz now as there are too many filling stations around,im always on the lookout to make sure i dont loose the few people that are magnanimous enough to patronise me to my competitors,like a i said most of tthese attendants dont know about how the pump works,it is only during scarcity that they make money,most people that come to us for jobs think there is money in it,it is when they come that reality sets in,thats why most of them spend an average of 2 to 3 months and quit when they realise its not all that rosy,by the way its not our fault that we dont pay much,the economy is not friendly to us too,for the past 3months or thereabout now we buy pms for between N143.5 to N144.5 or even N145 naira at times and we cannot sell for more than N145,there are so many bills to pay,staff salary,pump maintenace,gen maintenace,tax and so on,abeg the thing tire me jor

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:00am On May 04, 2017
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Sunjay13(m): 8:03am On May 04, 2017
Trick 4 got me,fnx for dis helpful info;ahh. I cld remember d last time I filled my tank,d nozzle clicked @6000,then I asked him 2 continue selling since d tank was still containing d fuel. Buh 2 my surprise,he sold till 8500 ,9000, then I asked him 2 stop,asked him where d fuel was going & he told me its going into d reserve& when I looked through d tank,all I saw was a foaming gas,so I asked if he was actually selling a fuel or just air,then he smiled& replied me jokingly "that is not possible sir".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by subsurface: 8:03am On May 04, 2017
thesicilian:

I thought am the only one they have cheated.. especially that one close to bonny camp..
I have stopped patronising them oo.. even though I once worked with them..

2 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by maxiuc(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2017
Am not cool with the long pipe

You go see pipe go long like anaconda snake

Total fuel stations have a very perilous and end time meter

5 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Sunjay13(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2017
Trick 4 got me,fnx for dis helpful info;ahh. I cld remember d last time I filled my tank,d nozzle clicked @6000,then I asked him 2 continue selling since d tank was still containing d fuel. Buh 2 my surprise,he sold till 8500 ,9000, then I asked him 2 stop,asked him where d fuel was going & he told me its going into d reserve& when I looked through d tank,all I saw was a foaming gas,so I asked if he was actually selling a fuel or just air,then he smiled& replied me jokingly "that is not possible sir".I eventually bought 10k fuel that day o.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 8:05am On May 04, 2017
Pls wat is the fear of reading long articles like dis called?
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by folahann(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2017
I also noticed when they're dispensing fuel, the nozzle vibrates then it stops vibrating when it's about to reach the end but the meter still keeps reading.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Smooyis(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2017
How did you know all of these. Have you worked in a petrol station before. Kudos anyway.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by jconsulting(f): 8:13am On May 04, 2017
Unless you sell fuel for your self at home you can't master all these points bros they will still cheat you small
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by youngest85(m): 8:14am On May 04, 2017
badbreathcure101:
I don't know why peo still buy in litres, even per litre is sold for 145 but when last did uou collect your change of #5??

What i just do is tell you i need #5000 fuel and i set my eyes on the metre..

That's why i never go into a fuel station with an empty tank, coz one idiot refused to sell in amount, saying i have to say how many litres i need instead of amount, my brother i just jejely drove off and that's it,....

That filling station at unity estate gate,idimu is worse than APC,
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Conplete List Of Required Vehicle Particulars!!! / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.