Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out (1253 Views)

Repentant’ Boko Haram Member Kills Father In Borno, Reveals Ndume / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Pidgin: 'Why I Dey Support Atiku Not Buhari' (WATCH) / Jonathan Speaks On Maina’s Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by dadydee(m): 6:52am On May 03, 2017
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan, revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari appears to be winning the war against rag tag Boko Haram, because the insurgents are sympathetic to the All Progressives Congress-led, APC, administration.

Jonathan made this disclosure In the book, titled: “Against the Run of Play: How an incumbent President was defeated in Nigeria”, written by Olusegun Adeniyi.

Jonathan added that, his government did its best, as far as the fight against Boko Haram was concerned, and further noted that, while the insurgents saw him as an ‘infidel’, they see Buhari as one of ‘their own’.

He said: “What is happening now with regards to Boko Haram, was the same thing that happened to me, regarding the Niger Delta militants in 2007.

“I did my best and so did the military, although I can understand if there is greater commitment to the fight now than in the past.

“In my time, Boko Haram said they were fighting an infidel. There is a feeling of ‘our man is there now’ that you cannot discountenance”, Jonathan said.

On Obasanjo’ s charge that the immediate past President never took the Boko Haram fight serious, Jonathan again said: “I recall that immediately he won the election in 1999, before he was even sworn in, Obasanjo had visited the Niger Delta, to hold meetings.

“Meanwhile, the first time I would be meeting Asari Dokubo, Ateke Tom, and other militants, was years later in Aso Rock, at a meeting (Obasanjo) called to find a solution to the problem, at a period I was Deputy Governor in Bayelsa State. Despite all those efforts, Obasanjo failed to resolve the problem, until late Yar’Adua came with the Amnesty Programme. Should we then hold Obasanjo accountable for the Niger Delta problem?

“The allegation that I didn’t care (about the Chibok girls) was false. Immediately I was alerted, I called the military and Security Chiefs for a briefing, after tasking them to get to the root of the matter. Information was initially hazy, and there were things that did not add up.

“More than 200 girls were reportedly abducted from different hostels, and then put on an open trailer that had no railings.

“In the same trailer, according to reports, Boko Haram fighters loaded foodstuff. The girls were said to have been abducted by people claiming to be soldiers. The military people were on ground, and I relied on the information I could get from them. Of course I cared, and charged them to find the girls, but every effort (we made) was twisted against me, to score cheap political points.

“When the Military and Security Chiefs demanded for more time to deal with insurgency, the reasons were genuine. As at February 2015, it would have been very difficult to vote in Gombe, Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe States. But the moment all arms and ammunition that had been ordered finally arrived, the Military was able to use them to degrade the capacity of Boko Haram, to the level in which they posed no threat to the election”, Jonathan declared.
Source: post-nigeria.com
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by Incredible120(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2017
Am just passing ooooo, FTC?
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by RealLordZeus(m): 6:59am On May 03, 2017
This Adeniyi book ehn, hope it won't confuse us more Coz it seems the more u see and hear, the less u understand but op the ex-president doesn't mention what u imply now just that they feel align to buhari which is a norm in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by StephenJobs(m): 6:59am On May 03, 2017
What can I say??
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by okosodo: 7:01am On May 03, 2017
The truth
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by Atiku2019: 7:02am On May 03, 2017
Can we also say GEJ is a Niger Delta militant too? media twisting cool
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:10am On May 03, 2017
Your title is so misleading

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by SweetJoystick(m): 7:12am On May 03, 2017
Where the suspecting part? Smh just because you want people to open thread

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by nepapole(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2017
Nonsense title.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by Ngokafor(f): 7:15am On May 03, 2017
...There is no difference between boko-haram,buhari,Acf and Apc...Dolts can cry and deceieve themselves and their ancestors as much as they can but the truth of the matter is that boko-haram was a political tool used by the incompetent and inept APC/buhari and northern leader to oust Jonathan..

...Boko-haram named buhari as their negotiator when they pretended they were ready for dialogue then,and buhati was known to have parroted that an 'attack on boko-haram is an attack on the north'....They(boko haram) came up with all sorts of ridiculous terms,including the call for Jonathan to become a muslim.

..The muslims in the military sabotaged efforts to crush these insurgents by leaking out vital information as well as arms to boko-haram..When Ihejirika and his squad appeared to be defeating boko-haram at some point,APC and northern leaders cried out to Amnesty International in outrage,complaining about 'human rights abuses',that US and co should not sell arms to Nigeria and that Ihejirika should be removed and made to face trial...All these because an'infidel' was in power.

..indeed Nigeria has a date with destiny,therefore the earlier folks wakes up and faces reality,the better for everyone...period.

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by dadavivo: 7:16am On May 03, 2017
Fake news everywhere on nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by vedaxcool(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2017
Fool

1 Like

Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by heavenhug: 7:37am On May 03, 2017
This book get as e b
Re: I Am Suspecting Buhari To Be A Boko Haram Member – Jonathan Speaks Out by Nobody: 8:43am On May 03, 2017
Op, I am suspecting Jonathan to be a Niger Delta militant member. Omagago speaks out

(1) (Reply)

SEE What IPOB Was Caught Doing In South Korea, Russia And Rome / How Buhari Can Kill Nnamdi Kanu’s Agitation For Igbo Nation-omokri / Rejection Of Vaccines In Ondo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.