Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land (37947 Views)

Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 10:56pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

keep quiet.... I watched the video on yoytube
YouTube
Oba of Lagos went on YouTube?
Rubbish!
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 11:01pm On May 03, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

OK, no problem. Lagos island is not yoruba land. Island better pass mainland
Where did I say that?
Ikoyi was founded by the Alaafin of Oyo.
There is an Onikoyi of Ikoyi till tomorrow.
The original founders/owners of Lagos Island are the Aworis - a Yoruba subgroup.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 11:05pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

You should be the one to hug transformer....
leaving your Oshogbo village to come and claim Lagos...
can you see any brown roof in Lagos?
are Lagos indigenes ugly?....
There are so many brown roofs even in Lagos Island.
You are just an ignoramus.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:06pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

Where did I say that?

Ikoyi was founded by the Alaafin of Oyo.

There is an Onikoyi of Ikoyi till tomorrow.

The original founders/owners of Lagos Island are the Aworis - a Yoruba subgroup.

Can you imagine some never do well animals without history saying we are not Yoruba. I am an Awori man and proudly Yoruba till death. Go to Ota and you will see many Aworis there as well.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

How can someone with a compressed head even be Yoruba. Lmaooo. I can see you have mental problems, reason you barking everywhere like a castrated dog. You dont even have any shame, claiming Igede few days ago and now Bini. My dog have more honour than you, be proud of your worthless state and stop disgracing your tribe. You can still come force us not to be Yoruba since you all have no shame.
cheesy mumu boy I was just joking then..Am a proper lagosian son..U are the mental patience here ur oni stretched his hands to shake my oba he rejected,now u wanna impose brotherhood on me..Abeg is it by force sef?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 11:10pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

Can you imagine some never do well animals without history saying we are not Yoruba. I am an Awori man and proudly Yoruba till death. Go to Ota and you will see many Aworis there as well.

Dont mind the dullards!

That Sirmanjar guy is so confused. Too bad!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:13pm On May 03, 2017
[s]
SIRmanjar:

cheesy mumu boy I was just joking then..Am a proper lagosian son..U are the mental patience here ur oni streched his hands to shake my oba he rejected now u wanna impose brotherhood on me..Abeg is it by force sef?
[/s]

Shameless flat head, joking indeed. You all were born to lie easily, no wonder you deny your tribe cos of shame. You are not proud of your tribe cos no one even take you osus serious. You were claiming Igede few days ago and now claiming Bini. I will be in naija next month and will invite you to Kosofe so you can come tell us how we are not Yoruba. Shameless people

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:15pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

Dont mind the dullards!

The mofo was claiming Igede few days ago and now hiding behind Benin to spew trash. How can Awori not be Yoruba? They just come online to spew rubbish, ogun kill them for saying that trash..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SGTsmith001: 11:21pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

The mofo was claiming Igede few days ago and now hiding behind Benin to spew trash. How can Awori not be Yorub? They just come online to spew rubbish, ogun kill them for saying that trash..
. my boy. how far

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 11:25pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:
[s][/s]

Shameless flat head, joking indeed. You all were born to lie easily, no wonder you deny your tribe cos of shame. You are not proud of your tribe cos no one even take you osus serious. You were claiming Igede few days ago and now claiming Bini. I will be in naija next month and will invite you to Kosofe so you can come tell us how we are not Yoruba. Shameless people
Ur papa flat head..If you are yoruba,na for your back pocket..pls my oba said we are not simple.so u are sumhow right,am not yoruba,but bini lagosian..I stand wit my oba cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 11:26pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

Dont mind the dullards!

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 11:30pm On May 03, 2017
[quote author=SIRmanjar post=56185367][/quote]

Pele (kpele)

Even Binis dont have a better word for the above. They also use it.

Make up your mind bro. You cant be Bini and Lagosian. You lose in the short and long run!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

The mofo was claiming Igede few days ago and now hiding behind Benin to spew trash. How can Awori not be Yorub? They just come online to spew rubbish, ogun kill them for saying that trash..

Dont mind the ignorami

To them only Osun and Oyo people are Yorubas no wonder they call anybody who says Lagos is for Yorubas an Oshogbo, Ogbomoso indigene.

Myopic things!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:43pm On May 03, 2017
SGTsmith001:
. my boy. how far

This troll is here again. Still same old meme, and useless talk. Dont you have shame?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by MXrep: 11:44pm On May 03, 2017
Hausas, Igbos, Edo and Ijaws migrated to Lagos before yorubas, yorubas are the last to migrate to lagos despite being the closest, their lack of adventure did not start today, Lol, they just took advantage of proximity when other finished developing Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:47pm On May 03, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Ur papa flat head..If you are yoruba,na for your back pocket..pls my oba said we are not simple.so u are sumhow right,am not yoruba,but bini lagosian..I stand wit my oba cool

You have no father, so its easy for you to spew that rubbish. Be proud of your worthless region and stop claiming shit. Which your Oba? Buhahahahaa. Hoebi of Onitsha right. What a shame.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:48pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

Dont mind the ignorami

To them only Osun and Oyo people are Yorubas no wonder they call anybody who says Lagos is for Yorubas an Oshogbo, Ogbomoso indigene.

Myopic things!!

Of course, everyone must be from Osun or Oyo. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 11:50pm On May 03, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

You have no father, so its easy for you to spew that rubbish. Be proud of your worthless region and stop claiming shit. Which your Oba? Buhahahahaa. Hoebi of Onitsha right. What a shame.
You dis riff raff you are still awake..No forget say you dey go skool tmrrow make ur bald head papa no catch u awake by this time o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:50pm On May 03, 2017
[s]
MXrep:
Hausas, Igbos, Edo and Ijaws migrated to Lagos before yorubas, yorubas are the last to migrate to lagos despite being the closest, their lack of adventure did not start today, Lol, they just took advantage of proximity when other finished developing Lagos
[/s]

Ignorant osu, thats for Yoruba from other states. You can just tell us Eboes are the owners of Lagos. Never knew compressed head people are this dumb. Chaii

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 11:53pm On May 03, 2017
SIRmanjar:

You dis riff raff you are still awake..No forget say you dey go skool tmrrow make ur bald head papa no catch u awake by this time o. cheesy

Coming from a cocaine smuggling merchant, you think everyone is like your criminal people. Its 6.52pm here mugun.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Sweetguy25: 12:00am On May 04, 2017
VirginFinder:

Nigeria was colonised and ruled by Britain.

Hence, Nigeria belongs to the UK right

The socio-political entity called Nigeria was created by Britain. Britain didnt only colonise Nigeria, they also created Nigeria. Unless the entity redefines itself, it is owned by Britain.

I just wanted to clear the air.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

Coming from a cocaine smuggling merchant, you think everyone is like your criminal people. Its 6.52pm here mugun.
Mtchhewww! im don enter pikin yarns, abeg go find ur mate.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by laudate: 12:10am On May 04, 2017
afroniger:
Benin people are actually Igbos, which automatically makes Lagos Igboland.

Bia kete, na wetin you drink dis night wey dey make you misyarn like dis?? shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by laudate: 12:11am On May 04, 2017
post=56172040:
Yorubas are land grabbers, Aworis and Eguns are not Yoruba

Hmmn...you are right. Aworis and Egun are actually Japanese. sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by dragonking2: 12:47am On May 04, 2017
konoplyanka:
Oba of Lagos never said this. it's just from a figment of the imagination of one ipob blogger.

where is the video of him saying it. as you can see reportedly in the headline. use your head folks. stop insulting the Oba and let the ipob yoots masturbate over nothing

konoplyanka:
reportedly?
LMAO. when did people become so dumb to take the trash of an ipob blogger seriously?
The article was written by a yoruba man.. Lagos belongs to Bini kingdom...The oba of Lagos is only answerable to the Oba of Benin.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by dragonking2: 12:51am On May 04, 2017
tobida:
If Lagos is not Yoruba land, whose land is it? angry
Benin Land

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Chapterr5ive: 1:09am On May 04, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Mtchhewww! im don enter pikin yarns, abeg go find ur mate.

Your mates are awaiting you in Singapore prison, shameless thing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Bridget95(f): 1:58am On May 04, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Lagos will forever belong to the yorubas.

I can see most people don't know the history of Lagos and that's why they are spewing trash above.

You keep looking at lagos only from the angle of who owns the throne of Oba of Lagos.

The oba of Lagos today doesn't have jurisdiction over the entire lagos, his influence lies mainly in isale eko, he can't influence anything in ikorodu, epe, badagry, oshodi, abule egba, ketu etc

The original owners of the oba of Lagos throne are the aworis, the aworis migrated from ile-ife,.the aworis are direct descendants of olofin , one of the sons of oduduwa. The binis don't have any ancestral claim to lagos nor did they ever conquered lagos through a war.

The awori willingly welcomed a bini prince called ado, and accepted to be under the bini rule due to the civil war in the Yoruba nation then I.e they needed protection because they were not strong militarily.

But the bini rule lasted for just three generations or so. And the aworis took over the throne. ..so howcome people are saying modern day lagos belongs to the binis?

Why didn't you say epe and ikorodu which is owned by the ijebus also belongs to the binis or oshodi or badagry.

Lagos is the Commonwealth of the Yoruba nation the yoruba culture and language is dominant in Lagos . .we have exclusive rights to it, and we owe nobody any explanation
But the paramount ruler of Lagos is saying it is not Yoruba land. The Aworis and Egun concur why is Oshogbo imposing itself on Lagos is it by force?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Bridget95(f): 2:06am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:
[s][/s]

Ignorant osu, thats for Yoruba from other states. You can just tell us Eboes are the owners of Lagos. Never knew compressed head people are this dumb. Chaii
stop talking shiiiiii. t.

Lagos was founded by binis,aworis and eguns.

FG developed it and made it investment friendly.

Nigerians and foreigners descended on the city including Yorubas.

The Aworis and the Eguns are beginning to get agitated about the imposition of Yorubas from neighboring states as owners of Lagos hence the declaration of the Oba of Lagos that Lagos is not Yoruba's.

this agitation made the Oba of Lagos snub the ooni.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SGTsmith001: 2:52am On May 04, 2017
Chapterr5ive:

This troll is here again. Still same old meme, and useless talk. Dont you have shame?
. shut the fuccvck up you basstttard.your boss is talking

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by totorimi: 4:53am On May 04, 2017
So what the Oba is saying now is that with this revelations now, the bini's can come back and claim their land. So any 'agbero' that comes new me for any settlement will be dealt with ruthlessly because they are usurpers, the should go back to Isheri in Ogun state and collect their 'Agbero' money. This revelation is very good from the Oba, hence he is not under any allegiance to the ooni. He can only pay salute to the Oba of Bini period. At least this is coming from the Oba Akiolu himself. Does Idu Idugaran or Odibo sound like yoruba names? no way.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Basic123: 5:02am On May 04, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Lol..I have heard you..You dis osun boy.oya run to bed cheesy
...did your dad just tell you that in the sitting room?,however,remind your dad you are not from osun...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic / Elizabeth Odunlami: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Denies Marriage Promise / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.