Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,051 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA (50465 Views)

'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Mysterious Fire...see Detai / Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Unstoppable97(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2017
I can see God fighting on behalf of Oni of ife,my advice to Bro rildwan is to go and correct his mistake before another 7days or else !!! na only him boxers,singlets and he's black glasses will be carried by TONADO WIND

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 10:28pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:

1) I wasn't in agreement with the Oba of Lagos when he made a joke about politics and the lagoon. And I said it publicly and respectfully. I also calmed some of our igbo brothers and explained to them that the Oba was only joking and that he didn't mean it and that because of his crown he couldn't possibly appologize, if not he would. The Oba of Lagos is a very honnest and brave man, he is a good man.
2) I am supporting the Oba of Lagos because that is what familly members do, they support each other. And Edo people know their familly members.
3) You guys are also our familly members but some 419 chiefs are twisting your history in order to not admit thatthey are mere subjects of the Benin crown.

Yinmu. At this rate y'all edos and your bini baale will end up hanging yourselves coz you're deluded losers. Edo bloodline ceased from occupying the isale eko throne after the demise of the 3rd monarch and gave way to a pure Yoruba bloodline that has continued to this day. Even the handful of edo migrant settlers on the island since then have voluntarily yorubanized themselves ever since so continue fooling yourself boy. Whatever was left of edo culture or influence has long since been obliterated and supplanted by the ever imposing and superior Yoruba culture. Now choke on that.

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 03, 2017
[quote author=OROSUNBOLB post=56183568][/quote] I am still laughing, very funny. Look, don't you think it is counterproductive and anti-intelectual to refuse debate with people who disagree with you ? Bring out your argument and I will bring mine out. What are you afraid of ?
If you are sure of your claims then all you need to do is prove them, and then I will humbly say you are right. On my side I actually have proof.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 03, 2017
ODVanguard:

Edo bloodline ceased from occupying the isale eko throne after the demise of the 3rd monarch and gave way to a pure Yoruba bloodline that has continued to this day.
Do you care to show any proof ?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 03, 2017
God is not fighting for the ooni, it is his thugs whom are setting places ablaze, but Lagos will defend it's King. And we also will defend Our familly members.
Unstoppable97:
I can see God fighting on behalf of Oni of ife,my advice to Bro rildwan is to go and correct his mistake before another 7days or else !!! na only him boxers,singlets and he's black glasses will be carried by TONADO WIND
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 10:47pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:
Do you care to show any proof ?

The mere fact that you are asking me this exposes your ignorance. Go and read up on Ologun Kutere, who succeeded Eletu Kekere, the last King with a pure bini bloodline. Kutere's mother was the daughter of Eletu Kekere who didn't have a male heir to succeed him. Kutere's father was an Ijesha man of the Yoruba stock. His (Kutere) children have been the succeeding Obas of Lagos ever since. So you better wake-up and smell the coffee, boy.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 03, 2017
ODVanguard:

The mere fact that you are asking me this exposes your ignorance. Go and read up on Ologun Kutere, who succeeded Eletu Kekere, the last King with a pure bini bloodline. Kutere's mother was the daughter of Eletu Kekere who didn't have a male heir to succeed him. Kutere's father was an Ijesha man of the Yoruba stock. His (Kutere) children have been the succeeding Obas of Lagos ever since. So you better wake-up and smell the coffee, boy.
Do you understand English ? I said show me proof. I didn't ask for an other story without proof. Provide proof for your first claim before bringing up an other story.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 03, 2017
@ODVanguard, you do know the meaning of the word "proof", right ?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:54pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:
I am still laughing, very funny. Look, don't you think it is counterproductive and anti-intelectual to refuse debate with people who disagree with you ? Bring out your argument and I will bring mine out. What are you afraid of ?
If you are sure of your claims then all you need to do is prove them, and then I will humbly say you are right. On my side I actually have proof.

I won't allow you to bring me down to your pitiable level boy. Who is debating with who? Which sensible points have you brought foward for me to engage you on debatably ? Your JAMB is coming up very soon; I think you should concentrate more on that instead of dabbling into a discourse meant for your grandfathers !

I think I've glorified your stupidity well enough with my response to your craps. Don't expect further response tfrom me. You disgust me!
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 10:55pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:
@ODVanguard, you do know the meaning of the word "proof", right ?

You no dey shame. Why not go and do your own independent research based on what I just told you and then come back and prove me wrong? If you have a contrary history to refute the veracity of what I just said why don't you present it? The onus is on you boy. This isn't made up stuff, it's VERIFIABLE! Disprove it or forever shut that funk up.

I recommend that you try and get your hands on the following titles to better educate you on the REAL history of Lagos, that is if you're willing to learn:

K. Faluyi and Kunle Lawal (1987). “The Awori Factor in the History of Lagos.” In A.A. Adefuye, B.A. Agiri & Jide Osuntokun (Eds), A History of the Peoples of Lagos State. Lagos: Lantern Books (Literamed).

Kunle Lawal (1991) “Mahin and Early Lagos.” Odu: Journal of West African Studies [New series] No. 38, Jan – July, pp. 98-111.

Kunle Lawal (1999) “The Founders of Lagos State” First Awori resource Group (ARG) Distinguished Lecture, Lagos.

Kunle Lawal (2002) “In Search of Lagosians: Socio-Political Issues of the 21st Century” Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education Distinguished Lecture Series, Lagos AOCOED Centre for Lagos Studies [CEFOLAS].
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 03, 2017
OROSUNBOLB:

I won't allow you to bring me down to your pitiable level boy. Who is debating with who? Which sensible points have you brought foward for me to engage you on debatably ? Your JAMB is coming up very soon; I think you should concentrate more on that instead of dabbling into a discourse meant for your grandfathers !

I think I've glorified your stupidity well enough with my response to your craps. Don't expect further response tfrom me. You disgust me!

MAn you should be a comedian, I can't stop laughing. All I asked for was a debate and proof. instead I get a commedy.
My proofs: pre-colonial maps. If anyone wants any of my claims proven, all he needs is to ask and I will prove.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 03, 2017
So basically it is up to me to prove your own claims ? The logical way is quite simple: you make a claim -> you provide proof.
ODVanguard:

You no dey shame. Why not go and do your own independent research based on what I just told you and then come back and prove me wrong? If you have a contrary history to refute the veracity of what I just said why don't you present it? The onus is on you boy. This isn't made up stuff, it's VERIFIABLE! Disprove it or forever shut that funk up.

I recommend that you try and get your hands on the following titles to better educate you on the REAL history of Lagos, that is if you're willing to learn:

K. Faluyi and Kunle Lawal (1987). “The Awori Factor in the History of Lagos.” In A.A. Adefuye, B.A. Agiri & Jide Osuntokun (Eds), A History of the Peoples of Lagos State. Lagos: Lantern Books (Literamed).

Kunle Lawal (1991) “Mahin and Early Lagos.” Odu: Journal of West African Studies [New series] No. 38, Jan – July, pp. 98-111.

Kunle Lawal (1999) “The Founders of Lagos State” First Awori resource Group (ARG) Distinguished Lecture, Lagos.

Kunle Lawal (2002) “In Search of Lagosians: Socio-Political Issues of the 21st Century” Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education Distinguished Lecture Series, Lagos AOCOED Centre for Lagos Studies [CEFOLAS].
So basically it is up to me to prove your own claims ? The logical way is quite simple: you make a claim -> you provide proof.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 03, 2017
@ODVanguard, you must love that kunle lawal very much. Let me guess, he is a "yoruba-revisionist" who pretends to be a historian in order to rewrite history in favour of some yoruba chiefs. I bet if I read his book I would be asking for proofs of his claims as well. But I am not talking to him, I am talking to you and I want you to prove your claims.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by SirShymexx: 11:14pm On May 03, 2017
Lol, so, an Awori troll is e-fighting on behalf of their rascal of a small time king and also claiming Bini. grin

These Awori farmers are clowns. Their claim to fame is the small crown Bini forgot there, if not for that, they're the most irrelevant people out there. No culture, no true history apart from farming, and no real tradition. grin

What's their real population cos I don't think I've met one in real life? Farmers gon' farm but stop punching above your height and pay homage to those higher than you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 11:20pm On May 03, 2017
history2901:

Now I see you're just another jobless and stupid bini troll. You are not looking for 'proof'. Rather you just wanna argue blindly over a throne your people evidently have no legitimate claim over. In a free world you're entitled to harbour whatever manner of fantastic delusions you soever wish in that sick mind of yours. You have so far not even provided a single quote to support your claims. I don give you references, pointers, even summarized the history of the bloodline and challenged you to disprove me, yet you have not even attempted to come up with a rebuttal. Dude, you are obviously a time-waster.

And lemme shock you with another revelation. Do you know that the Oba of Lagos doesn't even own lands? The owners of the land are the Idejo Chiefs of Lagos (Aworis). The Governor does not own land, the Oba does not own land, both the governor and the oba are administrators of land and serve the interest of the land owners (The aristocratic Idejo Chiefs). Oba of Lagos does not own land, except what is given to him by the Awori owners. Now choke on that.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by gloryforall: 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
don't always sit there and wonder how its done, you too can be a winner with me. my next game drops tomorrow, see photos below for contact details and thank me later..

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by SirShymexx: 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
ODVanguard:

Now I see you're just another jobless and stupid bini troll. You are not looking for 'proof'. Rather you just wanna argue blindly over a throne your people evidently have no legitimate claim over. In a free world you're entitled to harbour whatever manner of fantastic delusions you soever wish in that sick mind of yours. You have so far not even provided a single quote to support your claims. I don give you references, pointers, even summarized the history of the bloodline and challenged you to disprove me, yet you have not even attempted to come up with a rebuttal. Dude, you are obviously a time-waster.

And lemme shock you with another revelation. Do you know that the Oba of Lagos doesn't even own lands? The owners of the land are the Idejo Chiefs of Lagos (Aworis). The Governor does not own land, the Oba does not own land, both the governor and the oba are administrators of land and serve the interest of the land owners (The aristocratic Idejo Chiefs). Oba of Lagos does not own land, except what is given to him by the Awori owners. Now choke on that.

Correction: only some of the Idejo Chiefs are Aworis...a lot of them aren't Awori.

And the troll you're arguing with is not Bini - she's Awori.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
@ODVanguard rather than all these grammar, why not provide proof ? I mean if you are not a liar then it would cost you less time to just prove your claims. Instead all you do is insult and make some other claims. Shall I conclude that you are a liar who has no proof of his claims ?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 11:41pm On May 03, 2017
SirShymexx:

And the troll you're arguing with is not Bini - she's Awori.

No shyt?! She must be a frigging dyke for coming off all aggressive like she's got a deek between her thighs. Anyhow, I'm done with the punk a$$ beech.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by SirShymexx: 11:44pm On May 03, 2017
ODVanguard:

No shyt?! She must be a frigging dyke for coming off all aggressive like she's got a deek between her thighs. Anyhow, I'm done with the punk a$$ beech.

Lol, just let the troll and the rascal king keep wilding out. grin

Anyway, there are Ijesha, Oyo, and Ijebu among the Idejo Chiefs.

The Olumegbon is also not Awori - he's Ijebu from Ajah.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 03, 2017
1) It seems that you guys don't know the meaning of the word "troll". All I am doing is debating. My not agreeing with your unsubstantiated claims doesn't mean that I am a troll. My providing of proof which prove that your claims are false doesn't make me a troll.

2)I also don't understand this fixation on population size. Why do you guys think that your population size gives you the right to basically rewrite history and claim lands and do as you please ?

3) Secondly, I don't know if you are aware but the word Yoruba is a recent one, and most of those calling themselves Yoruba today are actually not Yoruba. The Yoruba of today is a union of several tribes. That union was orchestered for political reasons.

4) Can you prove this: "The owners of the land are the Idejo Chiefs of Lagos"; or is it just the most recent line of "history" cooked up by your revisionist-club ?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by ODVanguard: 11:48pm On May 03, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lol, just let the troll and the rascal king keep wilding out. grin

Anyway, there are Ijesha, Oyo, and Ijebu among the Idejo Chiefs.

The Olumegbon is also not Awori - he's Ijebu from Ajah.

Omo, good looking out, and thanks for the correction. I don free the troll.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 03, 2017
@ODVanguard and co, So basically if you are debating someone and the person has better arguments than you, you will just call the person a troll among other insults and then run back to discuss with others who agree with you.
Well this explains why Africa is so backward.
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by cardinal12: 11:55pm On May 03, 2017
The gods must be crazy
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by 2shure: 5:22am On May 04, 2017
Hmmm
Tinyemeka:

I've never acted that way before. Never!
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by jardprinz: 7:21am On May 04, 2017
JudeJude:
[b]

But me i know that they both have zero powers

I will not decieve you your village people are playing with your calabash
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by Nellybii: 10:31am On May 04, 2017
lfleak:
mumu atheist them go come here say:
Its just a coincidence or probably an advanced probability array! grin

lunatic libtards!

Atheists have been looking for scientific explanation to magun since 543BC grin grin
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by iamrealdeji(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2017
I've always seen this Oba of Lagos as a very handsome man but he's very very rude,o baje gaaaan. and very child-like. starting from his childish name,Rilwan. Who bears Rilwan in his generation ? they either Muntairu or Tiamiyu or Murana he's the only elderly man that I know that bears Rilwan,why wouldn't he act like kids of this our generation?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by iamrealdeji(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2017
I've always seen this Oba of Lagos as a very handsome man but he's very very rude,o baje gaaaan. and very childish. starting from his child-like name,Rilwan. Who bears Rilwan in his generation ? they either Muntairu or Tiamiyu or Murana he's the only elderly man that I know that bears Rilwan,why wouldn't he act like kids of this our generation?
Re: Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA by NoRetreat(m): 2:54pm On May 04, 2017
AreaFada2:

New regalia are always being made and modified in most places. Are all obas of a dynasty same height and size? Are they suppossed to last forever? Are those bling regalia that Oluwo wears ancient ones?
Good observation . However, there are some that are central to the kingship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Launches Nigerian-Made Buses For Mass Transit - Pictured / Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.