Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex (52875 Views)

Latest Prices Of Rod & Cement In Edo/Delta State / How Many Cement Will Build 2 Bedroom Flat? / I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by PETERANDRE(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2017
Eyewonda:

My friend, go and engage the service of a structural engineer first and a quantity surveyor there after. The Engineer will carry out the structural analysis and design to decide the sizes spacing and details of the reinforcement. He could go ahead to give you the number of lengths of the various bars or rods and even the bags of cement. You want free service from nairaland, when the building collapses tomorrow, you will blame the engineers. Beside you don't want those how studied those proffesions to end money from their services?

good talk, this is a fact and nothing but a fact.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Sunnyja: 9:06am On May 04, 2017
BankManager:
I really dontt know what is wrong with some people sometimes sha..what is d essence of bringing this to the internet? If u are really ready to build, why not meet professionals who will make it easier for you instead of showing off on nairaland?
Others can learn here too.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by olajide21: 9:08am On May 04, 2017
you should meet a QS sir/ma. That's what they are trained to do.
What you should do is seek ought a QS in the property section and ask him/her to do a material schedule for you for a token or free..... Lets learn to appreciate others profession and not to by pass it. you can't build anything serious in that project by mere advice of unlearned people here.
Often people even come to NL to seek advice on foundation type/detail.... Somebody who just built a bungalow in the north would advice you; a prospective house owner in Bayelsa to do a Strip foundation of 900mm depth for a duplex and you went ahead with his advice. Nothing would come out of that house project except imminent failure/collapse.
while we have people of goodwill ready to assist everyone on building project issues for, our concern should be directed to them alone. If they decide to charge a little for the help, be sure you would get the best from them.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by olajide21: 9:10am On May 04, 2017
Sunnyja:
Others can learn here too.
Hardly would you learn anything from what the OP requested. It invlove calculations and whoever would answer it could do his calculations separately and post the answers.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 9:14am On May 04, 2017
Please Nairaland structural Engineers should do the calculations for us to learn .... Thank you and i hope it will benefit others in the house....here.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by orlymat: 9:15am On May 04, 2017
If it will b built by a Chinese, it will cost 5,000 blocks, if it is European, 6,500, if it is a Nigerian, it will cost 25,000 with provision of 7,000 in case of damages and another 4,000 for unforseen incidence

3 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Samabu07(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

I am not showing off to Nairalanders, am seeking for help, As i dont want to waste money that i can use for another thing. Am just from a poor family working hard to make life better for the family.

I was once a houseboy and God helped me to the stage that i am now. I know how hard life is for someone to waste a hard earned money.
Guy as for those saying you are showing off, you definately don't owe any one explanation. If the skilled professional wishes to give free or paid advices they will jump unto the thread.
Just be patience as this has hit the front page as meaningful contribution would set in.
Good luck!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 9:17am On May 04, 2017
Samabu07:

Guy as for those saying you are showing off, you definately don't owe any one explanation. If the skilled professional wishes to give free or paid advices they will jump unto the thread.
Just be patience as this has hit the front page as meaningful contribution would set in.
Good luck!

Thank you so much and God bless you for this wonderful advice .... You have Encouraged me more....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 9:19am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:
Please i need a help to calculate how many iron rods , bags of cement and gravel to use for the decking of this house as attached,

The area to be decked is the 2 bedrooms, W/C and the Family Lounge only. The void area is not included .

My nephews wants to play me a fast game , I really need a help as am not in Nigeria now.
They gave me a quote of 3.7million Naira, They said things are very expensive . I think they are up to some foul game behind my back.

Thanks Nairalanders

Visit our thread and send the necessary documents and u will get a free estimate.

https://www.nairaland.com/3772189/free-building-estimate-nairalanders-samuel

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 9:20am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:
Please Nairaland structural Engineers should do the calculations for us to learn .... Thank you and i hope it will benefit others in the house....here.

The 40 Pcs of planks i bought for the foundation is gone, we dont know how it disappeared from the site...
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by ibrazo: 9:22am On May 04, 2017
U need 130 bags of cement , Y 10mm 60 Length , Y16mm 58 Length ,Y12mm 1.5 tons , sand 30 tons , granite 45 tons . the challenge in the country is fluctuations in material cost . 2.5 million will be enough including planks & others material with labour bill excluding service pipe works .for the detail analysis & breakdown of material needed contact me ibrahimolaniyi0213 @gmail.com .

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by einsteino(m): 9:32am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:
Please i need a help to calculate how many iron rods , bags of cement and gravel to use for the decking of this house as attached,

The area to be decked is the 2 bedrooms, W/C and the Family Lounge only. The void area is not included .

My nephews wants to play me a fast game , I really need a help as am not in Nigeria now.
They gave me a quote of 3.7million Naira, They said things are very expensive . I think they are up to some foul game behind my back.

Thanks Nairalanders

To get an accurate costing, you need the structural detail drawing zof the slab rather than the architectural floor plan that you have attached here. Moreso it is always a case of penny wise pound foolish when you shy away from hiring professionals to execute your project. Aside your fear of being defrauded by your nephews, As a Civil/structural engineer, i know i would not spend anything close to 3.5m to deck that house. First off I wouldnt like the average builder go to site and guessingly place rods, often put3ting far more than is necessary out of fear and route learning labelled as experience. I would have read the structural details (if available) and crosschecked its correctness or on my own analysed the structure and designed for the required reinforcement. Decking isnt about placing rods all over, u should analyse and reinforce accordingly..Find a genuine engr(too many fakes) his intervention would save you cash many folds more than his fee.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Ibro2005: 9:36am On May 04, 2017
Go back and ask the Architecture who have planned it for u.

Besides... who's building it for u? Can't u trust him?
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Samabu07(m): 9:38am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

Thank you so much and God bless you for this wonderful advice .... You have Encouraged me more....
God prospers and settles you.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by adanny01(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

Thanks Nairalanders

Sorry bro., it needs to be designed first especially with regards to rebars. For concrete, there is a thread in the property section that teaches how to calculate volume of concrete and aggregates.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by adanny01(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

Thanks Nairalanders

Sorry bro, it needs to be designed first especially with regards to rebars. For concrete, there is a thread in the property section that teaches how to calculate volume of concrete and aggregates.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by dmuchwells(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2017
16mm =2tons
12mm=4tons
10ton= half for the rings

3trips of granite
5trips of sharp sand
80bags of cement

With workmanship=2.8mm
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by driand(m): 10:00am On May 04, 2017
mikkyangel:

d
i like that wooden, was it a job u did? abed hit me up....here for yanky na wooden floor or nothing
yeah thank you, I did that and a lot more...
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by driand(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

This is very Sweet , and clean.....
thank you very much, I can do much more for you, can we talk on whatsapp? My earlier post with the pictures have been deleted,.. If you want to get best value for your money plus quality you can get me on whatsapp on same number, 08091697771
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by greatdb: 10:05am On May 04, 2017
You can mail me, myakonam@gmail.com
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by fendorf(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2017
Contact us for ur granite and sharpsand
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by KingMicky3286: 10:51am On May 04, 2017
adanny01:

Sorry bro, it needs to be designed first especially with regards to rebars. For concrete, there is a thread in the property section that teaches how to calculate volume of concrete and aggregates.

Can I know the thread too. I want to do something also
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Mcslize: 11:18am On May 04, 2017
BankManager:
I really dontt know what is wrong with some people sometimes sha..what is d essence of bringing this to the internet? If u are really ready to build, why not meet professionals who will make it easier for you instead of showing off on nairaland?

Na Wa for you o. Someone is seeking advice and u calling it a show off? Do u know the guy from Adam before or has he snatched ur girlfriend or wife from u? Stop the hate. It's irrelevant.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by LUKEGOOD: 11:22am On May 04, 2017
@flashmove we are a company based in Lagos and I can do the structural design and the quantity at a very reasonable price for you. If you want me do it send me an email @ ngcel102016@gmail.com
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 11:28am On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

Thanks Nairalanders

sent all details to your mail
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Basic123: 11:49am On May 04, 2017
deebee13:
Na WA for some people o! Why would you think he's showing off? Nairaland offers free advise and insight on matters, it also gives you diverse opinions from different sources, so I think I understand why people would come here to seek advice sometimes. And besides, this forum affords you the luxury of anonymity, which means showing off doesn't come up since no one knows who you are. Let's stop hating on each other mbok! If you have no advice to give, move on until you have what to say. My penny!
Abi ooooo.Na bad belle.

kindly,manage this plate of rice for the comment well thought of,typed and posted:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 11:56am On May 04, 2017
Just shut your trap
Thief
BankManager:
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by akenzua74: 12:11pm On May 04, 2017
You will only get a conservative estimate here, most of us can do it but not free. I assure you with the right professionals, it will not be more than 1.875,000.Including the staircase, good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 04, 2017
[quote author=coolphemie07 post=56189347]
did you say Y 12 at d rate of 1900 lol. you better Dont run into debt. 12mm as at last week was 2400 Sir[/quote

Wrong. 12mm rod is 1,725naira as of xtaday... A bag of cement is 2,550naira.... ]

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2017
Am currently building this site for a client. Don't let any one rip you off your money.

9inches block is 170naira
6inches block is 150

Cement is 2550naira

RODs
8mm is 1,000
12mm rod is 1,725naira
16mm rod is 3,550naira

Sands
Sharp sand is 9k
Shocking sand is 7,500
Tank of water is 6k

Sand they will use to fill foundation is 6k full trip.

Granite 10tons is 26k

Woods and planks ranges from 300-1,700naira, it depends.
2x4x12 is 440naira
2x3x12 is 340naira
2x2x12 is 240naira
1x2x12 is 1,400naira
2x6x12 is 6,70naira

Nails.
4inches nail is 8700naira a bag
3inches nail is 4350naira a bag
1bundle Ojagba is 2100
Binding wire is 4,000 depends on location.
21/2 inches nail is 8800 a bag

Soak away digging is 30k to 50k, plus whether job...

Bye, and goodluck.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.