Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex (52862 Views)

Latest Prices Of Rod & Cement In Edo/Delta State / How Many Cement Will Build 2 Bedroom Flat? / I Need Advice On The Estimated Cost Of This Duplex Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by mayortm001(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2017
aboki2000:

a full plot of land is how much ?
650k 50by100 and also the one nearby newly commissioned Anambra cargo airport @500k also 50by100.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by deebee13(f): 1:29pm On May 04, 2017
Basic123:
Abi ooooo.Na bad belle.

kindly,manage this plate of rice for the comment well thought of,typed and posted:

Aaaaawwwww, so sweet of you. Now I can't concentrate at work anymore....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by saydfact(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:
Please i need a help to calculate how many iron rods , bags of cement and gravel to use for the decking of this house as attached,

The area to be decked is the 2 bedrooms, W/C and the Family Lounge only. The void area is not included .

My nephews wants to play me a fast game , I really need a help as am not in Nigeria now.
They gave me a quote of 3.7million Naira, They said things are very expensive . I think they are up to some foul game behind my back.

Thanks Nairalanders

Just seeing this.. Can't read Tru the comments, if you still don't have the answer quote me or you cld check my signature - one of the links there teaches how to calculate it yourself... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Aarenaija: 1:58pm On May 04, 2017
The major problem is that people only try to play smart cos they don't want to pay for services, talking generally now. That is what some people went to the University to study for 5years. You want to have the consultancy done for free on Nairaland; funny.

Get a QS, pay him or her something however small, use that to cross check the bill given to you by your brothers , then decide.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:
Please i need a help to calculate how many iron rods , bags of cement and gravel to use for the decking of this house as attached,

The area to be decked is the 2 bedrooms, W/C and the Family Lounge only. The void area is not included .

My nephews wants to play me a fast game , I really need a help as am not in Nigeria now.
They gave me a quote of 3.7million Naira, They said things are very expensive . I think they are up to some foul game behind my back.

Thanks Nairalanders

You can only get an estimate not exact figures.

Work at site is different from paper work.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by adanny01(m): 2:11pm On May 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by heartlove(m): 5:52pm On May 04, 2017
CokersClub:
Am currently building this site for a client. Don't let any one rip you off your money.

9inches block is 170naira
6inches block is 150

Cement is 2550naira

RODs
8mm is 1,000
12mm rod is 1,725naira
16mm rod is 3,550naira

Sands
Sharp sand is 9k
Shocking sand is 7,500
Tank of water is 6k

Sand they will use to fill foundation is 6k full trip.

Granite 10tons is 26k

Woods and planks ranges from 300-1,700naira, it depends.
2x4x12 is 440naira
2x3x12 is 340naira
2x2x12 is 240naira
1x2x12 is 1,400naira
2x6x12 is 6,70naira

Nails.
4inches nail is 8700naira a bag
3inches nail is 4350naira a bag
1bundle Ojagba is 2100
Binding wire is 4,000 depends on location.
21/2 inches nail is 8800 a bag

Soak away digging is 30k to 50k, plus whether job...

Bye, and goodluck.

thanks
But which area is this place we can get this price like dis sir

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:09pm On May 04, 2017
BankManager:
I really dontt know what is wrong with some people sometimes sha..what is d essence of bringing this to the internet? If u are really ready to build, why not meet professionals who will make it easier for you instead of showing off on nairaland?
I dont think its fair to attack the guy in such manner, as we are all here to learn.He can pick some ideas from the bunch of nonsense he is going to get for putting up this thread..
PS I did same too and it helped a lot

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2017
deebee13:
Na WA for some people o! Why would you think he's showing off? Nairaland offers free advise and insight on matters, it also gives you diverse opinions from different sources, so I think I understand why people would come here to seek advice sometimes. And besides, this forum affords you the luxury of anonymity, which means showing off doesn't come up since no one knows who you are. Let's stop hating on each other mbok! If you have no advice to give, move on until you have what to say. My penny!
you could not have said it better,people hating for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2017
Aarenaija:
The major problem is that people only try to play smart cos they don't want to pay for services, talking generally now. That is what some people went to the University to study for 5years. You want to have the consultancy done for free on Nairaland; funny.

Get a QS, pay him or her something however small, use that to cross check the bill given to you by your brothers , then decide.
Funny enough there are people who think out of the Box on here,who are seasoned in this field and guess what they do give free advice and direction,Im a major beneficiary to this school of thought.Same in the Auto section and travel.This is how Nairaland came to be waht it is today,People giving advice without wanting anything back.When I joined Nairaland we where less than 200 and it only had travel and auto section as stand out thread back then.If we all go by your stand we still be stock in 2006 or nairaland would have been stagnant and dead by now like faceparty.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 6:23pm On May 04, 2017
erico2k2:

I dont think its fair to attack the guy in such manner, as we are all here to learn.He can pick some ideas from the bunch of nonsense he is going to get for putting up this thread..
PS I did same too and it helped a lot

This thread just saved me million and some thousands, My Nephews conspired with my Engineer to chop me mugu, they rejected the quotation that was given initially by my friend who happens to be a structural Engineer all because my friend is a White Man, They said the the quotation he gave is wrong .

A Nairalander structural engineer gave the same Quote the white man gave me also. Cause they use Computer to check everything based on the plan.

The White Man also bet that if another structural Engineer should give me another quote that he will dash me USD 100 just to confirm his accuracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

I am not showing off to Nairalanders, am seeking for help, As i dont want to waste money that i can use for another thing. Am just from a poor family working hard to make life better for the family.

I was once a houseboy and God helped me to the stage that i am now. I know how hard life is for someone to waste a hard earned money.
have a look at my own build,check the decking stage,you will get a clear view of what need doing and how you can go about things,and also if its possible come down yourself,so that you do brake trust btw you and ur folks cos sometimes you will think they are ripping you off but not.I had an experience on my site if i was not there a I will say dem chop my money, cement price went up two times in one day.same as rod.
SO do the bit that you could do while there and come down for D-day.evaluate ur size of ur build with mine if its smaller or bigger i can give you figures as a guide to work with

3 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 6:30pm On May 04, 2017
erico2k2:

have a look at my own build,check the decking stage,you will get a clear view of waht need doing and how you can go about things,and also if its possible come down yourself,so that you do brake trust btw you and ur folks cos sometimes you will think they are ripping you off but not.I had an experience on my site if i was not there a I will say dem chop my money, cement price went up two times in one day.same as rod.
SO do the bit that you could do while there and come down for D-day.evaluate ur size of ur build with mine if its smaller or bigger i can give you figures as a guide to work with

can i see yours and some vital infos

Thanks
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

can i see yours and some vital infos

Thanks
Here
https://www.nairaland.com/2804484/diy-construction-house-ph

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 6:39pm On May 04, 2017

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

Mine is this size
ok cool, mine is bigger, but have a look and get an idea.and join the other thread on here,.
Bear in mind size of o ne rod is x39ft
SO if you convert your house LxB to inches and space them by 4 inches you might get an Idea of how much surface rods needed

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 6:57pm On May 04, 2017
erico2k2:

ok cool, mine is bigger, but have a look and get an idea.and join the other thread on here,.
Bear in mind size of o ne rod is x39ft
SO if you convert your house LxB to inches and space them by 4 inches you might get an Idea of how much surface rods needed

mine is Front View 35feet (420 Inches) and side view 40 feet (480 Inches)

Thanks so much, Your house is so big....
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On May 04, 2017
Flashmove:

mine is Front View 35feet (420 Inches) and side view 40 feet (480 Inches)

Thanks so much, Your house is so big....
you are welcomed, so if its 35ft and length is 39 that mean you need 35 ft plus 6-7 ft each side for returns so about 50ft of rod one line,Im sure u can work with that.

1 Like

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by aboki2000(m): 5:46am On May 05, 2017
mayortm001:

650k 50by100 and also the one nearby newly commissioned Anambra cargo airport @500k also 50by100.

Are u on whatsapp ? send me ur number on windowstick@yahoo.com
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by kingdong(m): 5:52am On May 05, 2017
deebee13:
Na WA for some people o! Why would you think he's showing off? Nairaland offers free advise and insight on matters, it also gives you diverse opinions from different sources, so I think I understand why people would come here to seek advice sometimes. And besides, this forum affords you the luxury of anonymity, which means showing off doesn't come up since no one knows who you are. Let's stop hating on each other mbok! If you have no advice to give, move on until you have what to say. My penny!

That's no penny, what u gave is a rare gold coin and only a few will be found worthy!

2 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Tosyno4tt(f): 11:10am On May 05, 2017
i will implore you to engage the service of a quantity surveyor, thats what they are trained to do. you can only get a rough estimate cos only the structural details can be used to calculate. by my estimation u will need 4.5 tonnes of reinforcement using the cubic method. u can contact me for more details. by His grace, i am a trained quantity surveyor
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by PqsMike: 6:12am On May 06, 2017
Tosyno4tt:
i will implore you to engage the service of a quantity surveyor, thats what they are trained to do. you can only get a rough estimate cos only the structural details can be used to calculate. by my estimation u will need 4.5 tonnes of reinforcement using the cubic method. u can contact me for more details. by His grace, i am a trained quantity surveyor

Hi
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by mayortm001(m): 6:16am On May 07, 2017
aboki2000:

Are u on whatsapp ? send me ur number on windowstick@yahoo.com

You can reach and whatsapp me through this line: 08162818852
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by NotComplaining: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2017
Flashmove:

Thanks Nairalanders

Guy, dont be lied to.

Assuming you've already erected the pillars that will hold the upper floor you will need no more than the following:

80-100 bags of cement @ 2700p.b

Sharp sand 1x10 tyre (38k) 2 × normal tipper @ 12k each

Granite: 1 x 10 tyre will do (120,000)

Iron: 1 ton (12mm) @ 190,000 per ton, half ton (16mm) (if you havent got pillars, budget for 1 ton 16mm)

Wood including labour (this can be rented to reduce cost and reduce trash, however make sure you use a competent carpenter) prepare 200k to 300k

Brick layer 90k - 130k (decking is a one day job so pay the nominal amount)

The final price is nowhere close to the quoted amount. Max is 1.2mil

3 Likes

Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by d1mails: 3:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Is it possible to deck a house without using size 16mm iron rod
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by Flashmove: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2017
d1mails:
Is it possible to deck a house without using size 16mm iron rod

16mm rods serves as the legs of the house to enable it stand firm . When the load becomes heavy, the house may collapse if there is no 16mm
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by d1mails: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
Flashmove:

16mm rods serves as the legs of the house to enable it stand firm . When the load becomes heavy, the house may collapse if there is no 16mm

please my engineer use size 10mm for the main bars of the decking matt and size 12mm for the beams. he didn't use any 16mm. is this correct
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by KingMicky3286: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2018
d1mails:

please my engineer use size 10mm for the main bars of the decking matt and size 12mm for the beams. he didn't use any 16mm. is this correct

He is a bad Engineer... The house may collapse one day... The decking is not the only load that the house will carry...remember human being and properties have weight too.
Re: How Many Rods And Bags Of Cement Will it Cost To Deck This Duplex by DeAko419: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Am currently building this site for a client. Don't let any one rip you off your money.

9inches block is 170naira
6inches block is 150

Cement is 2550naira

RODs
8mm is 1,000
12mm rod is 1,725naira
16mm rod is 3,550naira

Sands
Sharp sand is 9k
Shocking sand is 7,500
Tank of water is 6k

Sand they will use to fill foundation is 6k full trip.

Granite 10tons is 26k

Woods and planks ranges from 300-1,700naira, it depends.
2x4x12 is 440naira
2x3x12 is 340naira
2x2x12 is 240naira
1x2x12 is 1,400naira
2x6x12 is 6,70naira

Nails.
4inches nail is 8700naira a bag
3inches nail is 4350naira a bag
1bundle Ojagba is 2100
Binding wire is 4,000 depends on location.
21/2 inches nail is 8800 a bag

Soak away digging is 30k to 50k, plus whether job...

Bye, and goodluck.

I need your contact ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.