Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,864 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? (8405 Views)

Implication of one's School Not being Accredited By ICAN? / Where May I Work With Bsc In Physics In Nigeria? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by Bukittes(f): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2010
Hi everyone and Happy new year.
Heard ICAN is planning to add an Applied Bsc in Accounting to non graduates who started from ATS and eventually qualifies as ACA. Please how true is this?
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2010
The institute only arranged for direct admission of two-year programme for members with no B.Sc certificates. Olabisi Onabanjo University is already running the programme. Other universities with whom the Institute signed MoU for this purpose are: UNIBEN, Covenant University and Babcock university.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by mayorde(m): 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ roarowolo. is it tue dat ICAN helps it qualified candidates to get NYSC exemption certificate. i just qualified tis may 2010diet bt have no bsc yet. and do you know if uniben has sttarted the ICAN-bsc linkage program.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2010
Mayorde,

Congratulations on your successful completion of the programme.

You may apply for NYSC exemption through the Institute. It will be processed.

I'm not sure if the two years programme has commenced in Benin. I will get back to you as soon as I confirm the status.

Thanks.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
Mayorde,

Kindly peruse this from ICAN Members' yahoogroup:

Mon, 21 June, 2010 16:27:22[ICAN-NG] UK DEGREE CONVERSION PROGRAMME FOR ICAN GRADUATES AND INDUCTED MEMBERS
From: Ayorinde TAYLOR <ayotaylor@yahoo.com> Add to Contacts
To: icanprofessionals@yahoogroups.com; ICAN-NG@yahoogroups.com
Cc: CIBN-CharteredBankers@yahoogroups.com; overseasadmission@rosaad.com; rosaad business <rosaadbusiness@gmail.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues,
Our firm ,Rosaad Business and Educational Services will be holding an awareness
programme for CA's willing to pursue a BSc and MSc degree from a UK based university
(programme to be completed in 12-18 months)
Interested members of the forum can send a mail to rosaadbusiness@ gmail.com or call 08087210000 stating their names,email, GSM No to attend the free awareness programme or request for an information brochure.
Most of our graduates came out FIRST CLASS AND SECOND CLASS UPPER DEGREE results in previous years and started their professionals careers in leading multinationals like MIcrosoft,Shell, Alcatel and World bank etc

The campuses are in UK,CANADA ,MALAYSIA AND AUSTRALIA

NOTE-ATS AND ICAN GRADUATES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN INDUCTED ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE TO FOR THE PROGRAMME APPLY
Students can complete their entire degree programmes in Malaysia or transfer on-campus to the following leading universities to complete the relevant degrees:

University of East London , UK,Edexcel International, UK,University of the West of England, Bristol , UK,University of Huddersfield , UK,University College Northampton , UK,Nottingham Trent University , UK,University of Plymouth , UK,University of Salford , UK,University of Hertfordshire , UK,Southampton Solent University , UK ,University of Northumbria Newcastle , UK,University of Tasmania , AUSTRALIA,Universit y of Melbourne , AUSTRALIA ,University of Technology Malaysia (UTM),MALAYSIA

Benefits

Guaranteed visa,installment payments of tuition fees,follow up with university faculty etc

Thank you

Regards, , ?
Ayorinde Taylor
Bsc MBA ACA ACIB CFC
Financial Consultant/Analyst
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by mayorde(m): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2010
@roarowolo
thanks for the information, i really appreciate it. will call the guy on overseas admission. I hope i dont have to be up to 30 before i can apply for NYSC exemption cos i am still in my early 20's?
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
Mayorde,

You may please send in your request for the exemption.

Thanks.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by mayorde(m): 12:36am On Jun 24, 2010
@roarowolo

Thanks. I have called the guy on overseas admission, he said they will be having a seminar next weekend. who will I address the request for exemption to, is it the Registrar or a dept? or should i just go down to their Victoria Island office? thanks a lot
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2010
Dear Mayorde,

The request for exemption should be addressed to the Registrar/Chief Executive but to the attention of Students' Education & Training department. The department responsible for the processing, Students' Education & Training is at the Annex Office, presently at 25 Association Avenue, Ilupeju.

Thanks.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by yinkaoke(f): 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
@roarowolo
Pls am also in the same condition, just got Chartered with no Bsc, could you pls advice more on the 2 years programme in Olabisi Onabanjo University am interested, how do I go about it, is it from ICAn's end or the university
Thanks
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by mayorde(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2010
@roarowolo. Thanks for all youir information so far. please in a thread by yinka, ajalekoko mentioned applying to serve. I thought they said professional bodies do not serve again. ccan one really apply to serve? thanks
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by roarowolo(f): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
Dear Yinkaoke,

Admission into the two years programme for ICAN members with no B.Sc is through the school not ICAN. They normally advertise for people to obtain and process admission form. You may please be on the look out for the next one.

Thanks.

Dear Mayorde,

I only know of the exemption which ICAN normally process for its members. I will get back to you if I get any information on whether or not one can serve.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by erasmus185: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2010
@roarowolo,

please with B.Sc. Econs, at what stage will somone start ICAN ?. I mean the first exam to write and the fees. Thanks
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by pioneer: 11:14am On Sep 10, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by rolandchinedu: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2014
I studied Economics (Bsc). What level would I start from when I register for ICAN.
Re: Applied Bsc In Accounting By Ican? by Lade20: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2022
Hello
I am a qualified chartered accountant but I don't have a degree yet.
Please can I still gain admission into 300 level to study accounting at UNIBEN with ICAN certificate?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mandela Washington Fellowship: Successful Applicants Let's Meet Here / How Do I Become A Political Analyst? / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.