Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Are His Chances In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are His Chances In Nigeria (1410 Views)

What Are Chances My Wife Gets Close With Him, Pics Of My Wife Attached / Which Of These Two Ladies Has High Chances Of Getting Married Before The Other? / What Are My Chances With An 18-year-old? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 10:33am On May 05, 2017
Please no bashings, i know I'm not supposed to post it here, but i need quick opinions as my kid bro is stuck on what to do next, he choosed computer sc in his jamb but he's scared because he has to write maths and physics which he's not good at, so i advised him to change it, bow he wants to choose geology, what are his chances as a geologist in Nigeria, I'm studying English so i have no idea what geologists do
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by yayatoure046(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2017
Its a very lucrative course with versatile field but he MUST be Good in physics and chemistry.... CHM 204 cheesy every FUTO student can relate to wat i mean
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Smellymouth: 10:37am On May 05, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
Please no bashings, i know I'm not supposed to post it here, but i need quick opinions as my kid bro is stuck on what to do next, he choosed computer sc in his jamb but he's scared because he has to write maths and physics which he's not good at, so i advised him to change it, bow he wants to choose geology, what are his chances as a geologist in Nigeria, I'm studying English so i have no idea what geologists do

Caring sister; I admire your effort.
I don't really know much about job prospects for geology graduates, but you know jobs obtainable abroad are different from what we have in our sad country, Nigeria. So you see a Law graduate fixing electrical appliances.
You can google anyway. Want me to still do it for you? I can under a price, to see your dp.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 10:42am On May 05, 2017
Smellymouth:
I've googled and googled, didn't get any response from people who studied it, you're not helping either you should have ignored, it wont kill you
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 10:44am On May 05, 2017
Funnicator:

Caring sister; I admire your effort.
I don't really know much about job prospects for geology graduates, but you know jobs obtainable abroad are different from what we have in our sad country, Nigeria. So you see a Law graduate fixing electrical appliances.
You can google anyway. Want me to still do it for you? I can under a price, to see your dp.
you don't get it, i want answers from Nigerians just seeing different stuff on Google but where do they work
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nogodye(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:

Geology is a very nice course...Oil and Gas & Construction company needs geologist the most.Geologists work in a variety of
settings. These include: natural
resource companies, environmental
consulting companies, government
agencies, non-profit organizations,
and universities. Many geologists do field work at least part of the time.
Others spend their time in
laboratories, classrooms or offices.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 10:46am On May 05, 2017
Nogodye:

Geology is a very nice course...Oil and Gas & Construction company needs geologist the most.
really? cheesy
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nogodye(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2017
Yeah...Civil Engineer and geologist work together in a construction firm.Though the course have a lot of branches...I studied Civil Engineering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
you don't get it, i want answers from Nigerians just seeing different stuff on Google but where do they work

That's same thing we are saying. For a normal Geology graduate, you should find yourself in a school as a lecturer/teacher, or a weather forecaster with News Agencies, like ChannelsTV, or you do research with private firms or multinationals, or end up in Oil Company or Construction coys where most of them rightly belong in; but for the Nigeria "CONNECTION" factor.

Having said all these, you stand a chance of ending up in one or more of these places if you end up with a FIRST CLASS degree from your institution, a second class UPPER will minimize your choices in those spheres I mentioned, the second class Lower and Third class graduates end up getting another degree or start trading/farming.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
I've googled and googled, didn't get any response from people who studied it, you're not helping either you should have ignored, it wont kill you
easy
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 10:59am On May 05, 2017
Funnicator:

That's same thing we are saying. For a normal Geology graduate, you should find yourself in a school as a lecturer/teacher, or a weather forecaster with News Agencies, like ChannelsTV, or you do research with private firms or multinationals, or end up in Oil Company or Construction coys where most of them rightly belong in; but for the Nigeria "CONNECTION" factor.

Having said all these, you stand a chance of ending up in one or more of these places if you end up with a FIRST CLASS degree from your institution, a second class UPPER will minimize your choices in those spheres I mentioned, the second class Lower and Third class graduates end up getting another degree or start trading/farming.
lol the farming part scares the hell out of me, i wont tell him so he won't be discouraged
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
lol the farming part scares the hell out of me, i wont tell him so he won't be discouraged

You have to tell him, so that the fear of farming will gear him up to work hard and finish with a FIRST CLASS or SECOND CLASS UPPER in order to land in those lucrative aspects of Geology like Oil mining and Civil constructions.

A man from Neptune once said the fear of being average motivates me to work harder.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 11:05am On May 05, 2017
Funnicator:

You have to tell him, so that the fear of farming will gear him up to work hard and finish with a FIRST CLASS or SECOND CLASS UPPER in order to land in those lucrative aspects of Geology like Oil mining and Civil constructions.

A man from Neptune once said the fear of being average motivates me to work harder.
lol he doesn't get motivated by fear, fear only makes him give up, thats why i brought this to Nairaland he's not upto 16
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by HonestPen: 11:11am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
To be honest with you, Geology holds more a brighter tomorrow if, of course, he has dreams beyond Nigeria. But since we are limiting him to Nigeria, his chances are equal and unequal— like every other graduates out there. For now, I will say he acquire skills in ICT alongside Geology to equip himself against the ultimate search if it comes to that. If you will take it, I will advise he runs the program(Geology) in OAU. Their geology is the best, might not get a first class, but it holds higher reputation in the labour market; even a 2.2.

Of the trail, I will like to, if you will allow, have a private discuss with you. I am a writer, though a student of Biochemistry, and I need some help on a project— literature work. Can't drop my contact here, I assume my account has been flagged by Nairaland. So, how do we go about it, cos I will be needing your WhatsApp contact.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
lol he doesn't get motivated by fear, fear only makes him give up, thats why i brought this to Nairaland he's not upto 16
what? Dayumn he's a child. Hope he's great in physics and chemistry, they're the bedrock of geology.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 11:23am On May 05, 2017
Funnicator:

what? Dayumn he's a child. Hope he's great in physics and chemistry, they're the bedrock of geology.
ya he is a child and he's good in maths but average in physics and chemistry
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 11:24am On May 05, 2017
HonestPen:
To be honest with you, Geology holds more a brighter tomorrow if, of course, he has dreams beyond Nigeria. But since we are limiting him to Nigeria, his chances are equal and unequal— like every other graduates out there. For now, I will say he acquire skills in ICT alongside Geology to equip himself against the ultimate search if it comes to that. If you will take it, I will advise he runs the program(Geology) in OAU. Their geology is the best, might not get a first class, but it holds higher reputation in the labour market; even a 2.2.

Of the trail, I will like to, if you will allow, have a private discuss with you. I am a writer, though a student of Biochemistry, and I need some help on a project— literature work. Can't drop my contact here, I assume my account has been flagged by Nairaland. So, how do we go about it, cos I will be needing your WhatsApp contact.
pm me
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29am On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
ya he is a child and he's good in maths but average in physics and chemistry

My greatest Maths result throughut my senior secondary school was a D. I had several F's in Chemistry back then. Even when I had the only 1/10 in a Physics test in SS2, was it 1?

This minute I'm doing Pharmacy year Two. My secret? Hardwork. Your bro too can, if he is ready & eager to work hard.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:42am On May 05, 2017
Noted
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 12:02pm On May 05, 2017
Funnicator:

My greatest Maths result throughut my senior secondary school was a D. I had several F's in Chemistry back then. Even when I had the only 1/10 in a Physics test in SS2, was it 1?

This minute I'm doing Pharmacy year Two. My secret? Hardwork. Your bro too can, if he is ready & eager to work hard.
so you wrote waec a second time?
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
so you wrote waec a second time?
likewise jamb. I couldn't give up; it paid off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by firstking01(m): 12:12pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
Geology is never a bad course as them and petroleum share almost the same boundaries....the crux is, getting a job as a geologist is hard but when you eventually get one you don hammer be that....and btw, why is he scared of maths and physics??, is it not jamb again?...tell him to go ahead and write it he 'll make it...jamb is one easy exam to pass.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Stevengerd(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
Misypee. Whr Av U Been. Quite A Lng Time. The Only Advice I Can Give U Is Tel Ur Brother To Go For Comp.Sci, Forget About Geology. Globally Tech Is Advancing. After Skul Or Before He Graduate He Can Also Get I.C.T Certification....
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 12:37pm On May 05, 2017
Stevengerd:
Misypee. Whr Av U Been. Quite A Lng Time. The Only Advice I Can Give U Is Tel Ur Brother To Go For Comp.Sci, Forget About Geology. Globally Tech Is Advancing. After Skul Or Before He Graduate He Can Also Get I.C.T Certification....
computer sc is good but do you know you can learn website design or programming from tech outfits? What if he read geology then go and get a compt sc diploma
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 12:43pm On May 05, 2017
firstking01:
Geology is never a bad course as them and petroleum share almost the same boundaries....the crux is, getting a job as a geologist is hard but when you eventually get one you don hammee be that....and btw, why is he scared of maths and physics??, is it not jamb again?...tell him to go ahead and write it he 'll make it...jamb is one easy exam to pass.
lol because its objective? He's not good with physics at all, and he's supposed to get more than 220
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by HonestPen: 12:59pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
pm me
Done.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Stevengerd(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
computer sc is good but do you know you can learn website design or programming from tech outfits? What if he read geology then go and get a compt sc diploma
Am Telling You Frm My Own Aspect. Apart Frm Working In The Oil & Gas Sector As Geologist, Where Else Is He Going To Work? Ur Brother Needs To Be Exposed, Let Im Follow Is Heart. Tho Am A Medical Student, That Doesnt Stop Me Frm Aving An I.T Knowledge. Cause The Way Our Economy Diversifyin, Wat U Read In Skul Does'nt Matter Anymore. Bt Ur Skill & Knowledge Is Gonna Make Way For You.
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by firstking01(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
lol because its objective? He's not good with physics at all, and he's supposed to get more than 220
And what makes you think he cannot score above 220undecided…seems you are the one puting fear on himundecided…since he's good at other subjects like english and maybe chemistry, let him try and score atleast 75-80%, then he can gamble maths and physics, lets say 50-55% on each of them and he's gone already cool....or,you want pay for impersonation for him?, na just 30k??
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 1:32pm On May 05, 2017
firstking01:
And what makes you think he cannot score above 220undecided…seems you are the one puting fear on himundecided…since he's good at other subjects like english and maybe chemistry, let him try and score atleast 75-80%, then he can gamble maths and physics, lets say 50-55% on each of them and he's gone already cool....or, he want impersonation?, na just 30k??
instead of gambling why not just write the subjects he can ace without reading for it
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Misypee(f): 1:35pm On May 05, 2017
Stevengerd:
Am Telling You Frm My Own Aspect. Apart Frm Working In The Oil & Gas Sector As Geologist, Where Else Is He Going To Work? Ur Brother Needs To Be Exposed, Let Im Follow Is Heart. Tho Am A Medical Student, That Doesnt Stop Me Frm Aving An I.T Knowledge. Cause The Way Our Economy Diversifyin, Wat U Read In Skul Does'nt Matter Anymore. Bt Ur Skill & Knowledge Is Gonna Make Way For You.
exactly and he's naturally into website design already, instead of struggling to get admission with others its better he gets into school with ease now that he's still fresh upstairs, choosing a course and insisting on it is the reason why I'm not yet a graduate, had it been i choosed what I'm good at, I'd be in four hundred level now
Re: What Are His Chances In Nigeria by Stevengerd(m): 1:39pm On May 05, 2017
Misypee:
exactly and he's naturally into website design already, instead of struggling to get admission with others its better he gets into school with ease now that he's still fresh upstairs, choosing a course and insisting on it is the reason why I'm not yet a graduate, had it been i choosed what I'm good at, I'd be in four hundred level now
Bt Remember The Race, Is Nt For The Fastest. Just Tel Him To Follow His, Let Im Decide For Himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Wouldn't Have Happened If I Shagged Her / Vaginal Discharge Early Signs And Symptoms Of Pregnancy / Since I Was Born N. Aked, Let Me Share My Pictures - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.