Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

How To Prepare For RAMADAN. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Prepare For RAMADAN. (7136 Views)

Kano Residents Storm Market For Ramadan Shopping (Video) / Recommended Time-table For Ramadan / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by AbuUbayy1(m): 8:16am On May 06, 2017
HOW CAN WE PREPARE FOR THIS BLESSED MONTH (RAMADAAN)?

Gathered by Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy

Praise be to Allaah and blessings of Allaah be upon His Messenger and Chosen Prophet.

Many people misunderstand the true nature of fasting, and they make it an occasion for eating and drinking, making special sweets and staying up late at night and watching shows on satellite TV.

Among the best ways of preparing for the month of Ramadaan are:

1 –Sincere repentance.

This is obligatory at all times, but because of the approach of a great and blessed month, it is even more important to hasten to repent from sins between you and your Lord, and between you and other people by giving them their rights, so that when the blessed month begins you may busy yourself with acts of worship with a clean heart and peace of mind.

Allaah say: “And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful” [An-Noor 24:31].

It was narrated from Al-Agharr bn Yasaar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, repent to Allaah for I repent to Him one hundred times each day. "Narrated by Muslim (2702).

2 –Du’aa’ (supplication).

It was narrated from some of the Salaf (righteous predecessors) that they used to pray to Allaah for six months that they would live until Ramadaan, then they would pray for five months afterwards that He would accept it from them.

The Muslim should ask his Lord to let him live until Ramadaan with a strong religious commitment and good physical health, and he should ask Him to help him obey Him during the month, and ask Him to accept his good deeds from Him.

3 – Rejoicing at the approach of the blessed month.

The arrival of Ramadaan is one of the great blessings that Allaah bestows upon His Muslim slave, because Ramadaan is one of the occasions of good in which the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed.

It is the month of the Qur’aan and of decisive battles in the history of our religion.

Allaah says:.“Say: ‘In the Bounty of Allaah, and in His Mercy (i.e. Islam and the Qur’aan); —therein let them rejoice.’ That is better than what (the wealth) they amass” [Yoonus 10:58].

4 – Discharging the duty of any outstanding obligatory fasts.

It was narrated that Aboo Salamah said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) say: I would owe fasts from the previous Ramadaan and I would not be able to make them up except in Sha’baan. Narrated by Al-Bukhaari (1849) and Muslim (1146).

Al-Haafezh Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: From her keenness to do that in Sha’baan it may be understood that it is not permissible to delay making them up until another Ramadaan begins. Fathul-Baari (4/191).

5 – Seeking knowledge in order to be able to follow the rulings on fasting and to understand the virtues of Ramadaan.

6 – Hastening to complete any tasks that may distract the Muslim from doing acts of worship.

7 – Sitting with one’s family members – wife and children – to tell them of the rulings on fasting and encourage the young ones to fast.

8 – Preparing some books which can be read at home or given to the imam of the mosque to read to the people during Ramadaan.

9 – Fasting some of the month of Sha’baan in preparation for fasting Ramadaan.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast until we thought that he would always fast, then he would not fast until we thought that he would always not fast, but I never saw him fast in any month more than he fasted in Sha’baan.

He used to fast all of Sha’baan, and he used to fast all of Sha’baan apart from a few days.” Narrated by Al-Bukhaari (1868) and Muslim (1156).

10 – Reading Qur’aan.

Salamah ibn Kuhayl said: It was said that Sha’baan was the month of the Qur’aan readers.

When Sha’baan began, ‘Amr ibn Qays would close his shop and free his time for reading Qur’aan.

Now Rajab has passed, so what will you do in Sha’baan if you are seeking Ramadaan?

This is how your Prophet and the early generations of the Ummah were in this blessed month, so what will you do?

The Management of Al-Madrasatu An-Nabawiyyah, Yawmus-Sabt 9 Sha'baan 1438 - Saturday 6 May 2017 - Nigeria. [www.an-nabawiyyah.com].

May Almighty Allaah let us reach Ramaadan with a strong religious commitment and good physical health.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 9:32am On May 12, 2017
jazakallahu khairan
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by obinrinrere: 9:33am On May 12, 2017
nice piece

may we witness it and many more in shaa Allah
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 9:34am On May 12, 2017
chijioke0030:
If you must be rich you must take the risk ok
so call or whatsapp the number below let increase our bank account bank

You wan still scam peole for muslim thread?? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by oyienootieno: 9:42am On May 12, 2017
Ramadan Kareem
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by WetDreamz: 9:47am On May 12, 2017
Jazakumllahu Khairan. May Allah make it easy for every one of us
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by WetDreamz: 9:48am On May 12, 2017
fernandobush:
Shekau can tell us better na cheesy

Maybe boko will release some girls on that day wink

I love this freedom!!

Inshahu allahkabar cheesy
Mtchew!!

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Ramanto(m): 9:58am On May 12, 2017
i'm looking forward to camping with this nysc batch A kicking off on the 23rd. what is fasting like on camp?
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by amynah94(f): 10:05am On May 12, 2017
May we witness it in good state of mind, wealth and eeman, may Almighty Allah accept all our supplications as an act of ibaadah and may He count us among the inmates of Paradise.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Kakayaraznits(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2017
ALHAMDULILLAH FOR EVERYTHING
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by KhalDroggo: 10:23am On May 12, 2017
I've always wondered why the price of foodstuffs always skyrockets during ramadan and why all the Muslims I know always seem to get fatter grin After reading this article from last year's ramadan, now I know why:

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/abu-dhabi-hospitals-report-rise-in-overeating-cases-this-ramadan

Abu Dhabi hospitals report rise in overeating cases this Ramadan

ABU DHABI // Emergency departments are reporting an influx of people with stomach pains and nausea after overeating at iftar – with the number of patients at some hospitals having doubled since the start of the holy month.

Dr Magdi Mohamed, a consultant in emergency medicine at Burjeel Hospital in Abu Dhabi, said there were between 160 and 180 patients visiting its A&E department on a daily basis.

During Ramadan, about a quarter of these are suffering with gastrointestinal problems because of overeating at iftar, putting a strain on hospital ­resources.

"At least 40 a day are complaining about symptoms related to this," he said. "The first is gastritis – an acute inflammation of the stomach – and the second is gastroenteritis, an infection of the stomach and intestines together, resulting in vomiting or diarrhoea."

Other stomach cramps and pains are often down to contaminated food or food not being prepared properly, he said.

Many patients needed medication to ease stomach cramps, intravenous fluid to rehydrate and a short stay in the hospital to recuperate.

Dr Mohamed said about half a dozen patients a day were also found to have kidney stones, which is commonly associated with dehydration.

Dr Indira Gouthaman, of the department of family medicine at LLH Hospital in Abu Dhabi, said the number of ­patients presenting with stomach problems had doubled since the start of Ramadan because of overeating at iftar.

"We get about 12 a day, which is almost double the number of cases compared with the rest of the year," she said.

"Abdominal pain – mainly upper abdominal pain – is the most common symptom.

"Patients also come with vomiting and nausea and sometimes loose stools. Gaseous distension and bloating of the abdomen are also seen."

The number of patients with stomach problems also soared at Medeor 24x7 Hospital in the capital because of people breaking the fast too quickly, with too much food, according to Dr Marigold Hofilena Daclan, a general practitioner at the emergency department.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by FATBAYO(m): 10:24am On May 12, 2017
Ramadan loading.Alhamdulilah Robilialamin
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by abdul4new(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2017
ekensi01:
Can muslims stop this Ramandan? i hate it rdasons:

1. Their mouth use to smell. undecided
2. They use to sleep too much at work.
3. They use to stay as if death is beside then.
4. Most of then use to have white thing on both side of their mouth.
5. At night i don't use to sleep well because of noise.
6. I use to pity Alamangiri. hunger go finish then.

Nairaland just made me a muslim, just reverse that. seun and lala should do something about it. Muslim are really a set back to Nigeria development. If they where remove our country will better.
you are sick and you need prayer May Almighty Allah heal you.....

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by ekensi01: 10:36am On May 12, 2017
abdul4new:
you are sick and you need prayer
i think u need it more.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by abdul4new(m): 10:41am On May 12, 2017
ekensi01:
i think u need it more.
This thread is for muslim and your advice and concern is not needed here so back off....because we are more than happy to witness and fast in the Holy month of Ramadan.

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by ekensi01: 10:52am On May 12, 2017
abdul4new:

This thread is for muslim and your advice and concern is not needed here so back off....because we are more than happy to witness and fast in the Holy month of Ramadan.
grin grin then change my profile back to christianity or muslims go see wahala from me.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by friday1990: 11:50am On May 12, 2017
may Allah assist us.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 12, 2017
fernandobush:
Shekau can tell us better na cheesy
Maybe boko will release some girls on that day wink
I love this freedom!!
Inshahu allahkabar cheesy

Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 12, 2017
ekensi01:
grin grin then change my profile back to christianity or muslims go see wahala from me.

keep commenting on Islam for Muslims threads and it will be changed in your dreams
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by ekensi01: 3:48pm On May 12, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

keep commenting on Islam for Muslims threads and it will be changed in your dreams
i refuse to be a muslim for any reason.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 12, 2017
ekensi01:
i refuse to be a muslim for any reason.

wetin concern me? keep commenting and maybe just maybe seun will listen to your cry for help
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by ekensi01: 4:04pm On May 12, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

wetin concern me? keep commenting and maybe just maybe seun will listen to your cry for help
How can i get the guy now?
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 12, 2017
ekensi01:
How can i get the guy now?
ask gogu
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=khalifahsparkles post=56457007][/quote]

Amina... How far na wink

I like you sha
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by AbuUbayy1(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2017
Aameen, wa antum fajazakumuLlaahu khayran.
Re: How To Prepare For RAMADAN. by ekensi01: 7:13pm On May 12, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

ask gogu
come on beautiful morning star, you must have a solution. help me out beautiful ladies like u deserve to have extreme ways in finding help to people

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fatal Error Of Allah / Network Marketing in Islam / Give Muslim Sisters Their Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.