Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46830 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Airhix(m): 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by olaric(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
Unbiblical!!!!

37 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by sanandreas(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Olarica but it happens

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Sliimchiic(f): 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
Olaric, what's unbiblical abt it?! This aint a human making! Its beyond human comprehension and so shd be appreciated!!!

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by superior1: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
Where exactly did the masquerading demon appeared?. Satan sef suppose don tire of this hide and seek trick

40 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by italo: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2013
superior1: Where exactly did the masquerading demon appeared?. Satan sef suppose don tire of this trick

How do you know it is satan?

Why do you judge what you do not know?

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Airhix(m): 1:00am On Jul 22, 2013
Some of us claim to know God to much , be very careful with Godly issues. (Airhix).

True apparitions, although rare, may be traced back even to Scripture. Both the Old & New Testaments contain accounts of angelic apparitions. In the New Testament, the Apostles (Peter, James & John) saw Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration. We know that St. Paul also conversed directly with Christ after His Ascension. Since then, various apparitions of angels, saints, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and even Christ Himself have been reported. 

While it is true that most alleged apparitions are not approved by the Church, there are a number which have received the Church's approval - including a number of apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, "the first Marian apparition" - as witnessed by St. James the Greater - may be traced all the way back to 40 A.D. More recently, a number Marian apparitions have occurred in which the Blessed Virgin made accurate productions and left indisputable proof of their authenticity (including miraculous images, healings, solar phenomena, etc.).

Perhaps the biggest difficulty with apparitions is determining whether or not they are truly of the supernatural - and not a figment of a "seer's" imagination or a "diabolical deception". To assist in this matter, the Church may employ a rigorous investigative process and advise the faithful whether or not a reported apparition is "worthy of belief". Even with this process, however, the Church does not guarantee that any apparition is genuine or require belief in any apparition. 

With regard to apparitions, the following should be kept in mind:

Most alleged apparitions are false.

There have been a "countless number" (many thousands) of reported apparitions. Very few receive recognition from the Bishop.

Apparitions may not add to the deposit of the faith, which was completed with the apostles.

33 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

Hi Airh,

Interesting post!

I admire your 'devotion' to the blessed virgin but how do you know that this apparition is authentic?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Ubenedictus(m): 5:24am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Hi Airh,

Interesting post!

I admire your 'devotion' to the blessed virgin but how do you know that this apparition is authentic?
hehehe, i doubt this particular report is new, it seems like very old news.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, i doubt this particular report is new, it seems like very old news.

Oh, okay!

Has the Church done its investigation?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Ubenedictus(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh, okay!

Has the Church done its investigation?
i doubt that, the alledge apparation may have been a one time thing, there was no message according to a friend of mine. There is hardly anything to investigate.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 22, 2013
Ubenedictus: i doubt that, the alledge apparation may have been a one time thing, there was no message according to a friend of mine. There is hardly anything to investigate.

Okay, cool!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:24am On Jul 22, 2013
There's leak in church roof. They may want to fix it before the water causes further damage. Or not. That's their problem.

Coming to think of it, are these people so brain dead stuupid that they resort to worshiping a consequence of bad work and falling building?

Anyway, the water stain shape looks more like a giant condom than anything else.

14 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Airhix(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2013
We would have to wait for the church and Bishop to confirm that its real! But am head down now to ask local indigents of close to the church

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by cutievik: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2013
Guys believe it or yes it was real,I was there it was said by the priest of the churuch during his sermon in the service that Jesus would visit them yesterday,At about 12PM yesterday the image was found on the left upper most part of the church.I came to uromi to pay a visit to my grandma which I had to just stop by at ubiaja to see my aunty when I noticed the whole town was agog with people all trouping to the church to see the image of mary which they said appeared on the wall,so my cousins and my aunt said we should join them,so w e did.When we got to the church believe I shouted out to my cosins saying 'Na water be this'I had to turn round to verify by the wall behind was as dry as a desert,there and then. I agree it was and image but who's image I do not knw,all I saw was a woman carrying a child of which I haven't seen marry before so I cudn't tell.But if there was an image on the was YES THERE WAS!!!

9 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: We would have to wait for the church and Bishop to confirm that its real! But am head down now to ask local indigents of close to the church

Cool!

Until we get an official position of the church, I will err on the side of caution.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Alfoasegh: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
It's true! A friend just sent the image to my phone from the church at Ubiaja now.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by carmenblandish: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dog piss for wall dem call am virgin Mary....i guess you see what you wanna see init??

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mtcheeeew..of all the places in this world na edo Mary show face Are you f##king kidding me ! Werring she find go there self lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by HARDEYLEKE(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
i better hold my hands before i type rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by HARDEYLEKE(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
carmenblandish: Dog piss for wall dem call am virgin Mary....i guess you see what you wanna see init??

What is this one saying?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some people need brain check!

In this time of inceasant rainfall, while the roof of that place is leaking, and as i dey see crack on that wall, what else wld that be if not a water mark on the wall!

Una no well, i swear!

When i was small, that kind map full my mattress due to incesant bed wetting!

Nansense!

Ok, where the eyes be?

5 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Adex097: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Where is the image .
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by free2ryhme: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
una don start ooo ... idol worshippers grin grin grin grin

That is an image casting on the wall or water forming shapes on the wall due to soaking in too much water

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by carmenblandish: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
HARDEYLEKE:

What is this one saying?

what do you mean.....me nor go yan again?......

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by superior1: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
italo:

How do you know it is satan?

Why do you judge what you do not know?

Can't find a biblical ground to believe otherwise.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by sugardaddy1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adex097: Where is the image .
Look well bro
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by carmenblandish: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
HARDEYLEKE:

What is this one saying?

what do you mean.....me nor go yan again?......
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by mrlaw93(m): 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
Assuming na Muslim post this one dem go say we don start undecided

5 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Jessicanoble(f): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sliimchiic: Olaric, what's unbiblical abt it?! This aint a human making! Its beyond human comprehension and so shd be appreciated!!!

Fake it's unbiblical
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Ichel: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ah ah ah kilode? Ah. Virgin mary ko, disvirgined mata ni

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
People will always see what they want to see. QED!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Isaac Pada Beats Me - Wife, Precious Pada Denies Missing / Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video) / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.